What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

The Revolution

Veteran
@therevolution she's a decent grower with no real issues I'm aware of.. grows strait indica. Highest cbd ratios seem to be when she is pulled early...

Thanks paladin! I appreciate it! Is this a Michigan cut? I received it from Mi, and when searching it the only places it seems to pop up is in MI test labs. Do you have any experience with extracting this variety? Im really anxious to grow her out and toy with some diff extracts. Also thought about making a cpl experimental hybrids for observation. Do you know anyone who is making concentrates and/or breeding with the Cannatonic #4?

KiefSweat

Veteran
cbd has its own effect, its more like you feel it in the frontal lobe then the back of your head.

We made a cannatonic#4 x cherry backcross of sorts that hasnt been tested yet but by the way the plants look should be winners. Most smell like cannatonic but there is a really strong citrus smelling plant in the mix. We have a few other high cbd cannatonic cuts that I hope to work more into the line as well.

KiefSweat

Veteran
i guess i would describe its a sort of fermented fruit flavor or smell, but to me its like berry's or something with a strong afghan funk with it.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Good question Pablo. As far as I know most hemp varieties have very low quantities of cannabinoids compared to drug varieties. Being that they are bred for fiber and seed, they aren't as useful for cannabinoid rich flowers and resin.

Strains bred for hashish have cbd within their populations and these plants will have higher quantities of cannabinoids compared to hemp.

A question I would hope SamS might know the answer to...

Where do these cbd phenos in hash strains originate from?

Hash growers selected for high resin, they do not smoke individual plants so they do not know if the resin is from a plant with THC or CBD or a THC/CBD mix. Ganja growers smoke individual plants and save the seeds of the best for next year. After hundreds of years hash varieties have considerable CBD. And Ganja varieties almost only THC.

Did the wild ancestor of narrow-leaf drug strains have cbd originally?

Yes they did before Ganja growers selected for only THC.
-SamS

Or is that unique to the wild hemp ancestor?

View Image

KiefSweat

Veteran
its basic genetics that an open pollinated field will still continue to have a quarter of the plants be cbd rich

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
its basic genetics that an open pollinated field will still continue to have a quarter of the plants be cbd rich

With selections for resin content by saving the seeds of the plants with the most resin you are correct there will be CBD in the population, in the case of Ganja even open pollinated fields also have selection of the females after flowering, and that selection is aimed at no CBD, they just save the seeds. Also the best ganja is not seeded so farmers need infrastructure like a local farmer that makes the seeds for everyone in the area, and has the experience to make great seeds, keep a local landrace maintained high quality and help improve it a bit.
Open pollinated Ganja crops are not "a quarter of the plants high CBD"
The CBD was eliminated by selective breeding long ago.
-SamS

Did the wild ancestor of narrow-leaf drug strains have cbd originally?

Yes they did before Ganja growers selected for only THC.
-SamS

Thanks Sam, I ponder about such things as what it was like when the first humans crossed the land bridge into north america. What was the unmodified state nature was like before human intervention?

I also wonder what it was like for the first human to see a cannabis plant growing its a natural wild state. Or be the first human to get high off cannabis:)

If there was CBD in the narrow leaf drug ancestors... do you think it was in equal parts of THC too? I'm curious what cannabinoid ratios cannabis had in it pre-domestication days?

-pH

I'm curious what cannabinoid ratios cannabis had in it pre-domestication days?
-pH

Probably it used to be higher in CBD.
Phytochemical and genetic analyses of ancient cannabis from Central Asia
Then humans started using cannabis for its' medicinal properties and found out the oily phenotypes worked best and started selecting them, the plants richest in terpenoïds (including cannabinoïds).
For whatever reason these are relatively richer in THC than CBD.

For thousands of years they have worked to make cannabis more medicinal, but lately there is a huge effort going on to undo this, which unfortunately is very succesfull.
Strains high in CBD have the least medicinal effect if any at all (for most people), they are only good for the pharmaceutical maffia.
In the Netherlands this is already known and patient organisations are now warning and advising their members against CBD strains.

Strains high in terpenoïds on the other hand have the highest medicinal effect.
The more terpenoïds the higher it's rated by medical users, exactly 1 point for every 5mg/g.

The Revolution

Veteran
Probably it used to be higher in CBD.
Phytochemical and genetic analyses of ancient cannabis from Central Asia
Then humans started using cannabis for its' medicinal properties and found out the oily phenotypes worked best and started selecting them, the plants richest in terpenoïds (including cannabinoïds).
For whatever reason these are relatively richer in THC than CBD.

For thousands of years they have worked to make cannabis more medicinal, but lately there is a huge effort going on to undo this, which unfortunately is very succesfull.
Strains high in CBD have the least medicinal effect if any at all (for most people), they are only good for the pharmaceutical maffia.
In the Netherlands this is already known and patient organisations are now warning and advising their members against CBD strains.

Strains high in terpenoïds on the other hand have the highest medicinal effect.
The more terpenoïds the higher it's rated by medical users, exactly 1 point for every 5mg/g.

Can you elaborate why plants with higher terpenoids are more valuable as medicine compared to plants with cbd? I can see how we have selected plants with higher terpene numbers, as they are more fragrant, they create more stimulus on sight and smell, theyre more appealing. CBD has been proven to attack and elimnate cancer cells, so how can u make the statement that plants with cbd are not medicinal?

FOr the record I believe the more complex the mix of cannabinoids and terpenes the more valuable the medicine. So a variety that was 50/50 thc/cbd isnt as valuable as an oild made from thc/cbd/cbg/cbc/ and multiple terpenes.

bambi

hi '' = I have had my own plant online at seed.city.com under the brand name -
lounge lizard seeds - medic strain is called = skunk shot } - old super skunk hybrid some tested on icmag.com a couple of years ago now;

Turned out great medicinally with a 1/half hour half life for everyday users with in the first 6 - 8 wks, - I haven't been able to have it profiled like my pals in Spain have with there cross's from the plant in question but it is one of the 3 main ratio's in medic marijuana, probably a 2 -1 0r 3 -1 I don't no for sure,?

The Z series written down I find odd or not exactly what was used to make the plants I suspect some thing else I can not say for sure, yet disappointed if my theory of thinking is right . - cheers frm - bambi Nz.

how can u make the statement that plants with cbd are not medicinal?

Where did I say that?
Plants with CBD can be very medicinal, if they have enough terpenoïds in a wide spectrum.

What I said was "Strains high in CBD have the least medicinal effect".
Not according to those who sell them, but according to people who use(d) them and have a prescription for;

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ADD, ADHD, Anorexia, Anxiety disorder, Artrose, ASIA (auto-immune/inflammatoir syndrom), Asperger syndrom, Autisme, Back pain, Brain dammage, Brody syndrom, Cancer, Chronic pain, Cramp/spasme, Cluster headache, COPD, Crohn disease, CRPS2/fml, CVS, Depression, Discopathy, Dystony, Dystrofy, Eating disorder, Epilepsy, Phantompain after amputation, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS), Fibromyalgie, Glaucoma, Heartattack, Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, high bloodpressure, HSP, Incomplete paraplegia, inflammation, internal wounds, Kidney insufficiency, Lyme disease, Migraine, MS, Nausea, Nerv pain, Neuropathy, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis, PTSS, Radicular pain syndrom, Raynaud disease, Reuma/reumatoïde artritis, Restless legs, Restlessness, Sarcoïdose, Scoliose, Sleap disturbance, Stroke, Tinnitus or Whiplash.

Real people.
On average they rated high CBD a 2 (the lowest rating) and high THC a 7 (the highest rating).
That confirms what experienced medical users had already figured out; it's all about terpenoïds, which high CBD strains usually lack.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

HMadera

I know alot of people are looking for CBD genetics and there's alot of misleading information. Here's a collection of different strains that all claim to contain CBD.

Hi, I'm HMadera chief editor of Soft Secrets Spain and author of the article you mention, first time I read your post i think "he is using my information and do not mention me" but I see you post later the original article and even more you make so good search that you find growing medicine a little blog that i never finish or announce, i only make in 2014 to put some of my ideas in order

My fist article about the CBD wave was in 2011 and is resumed in the article you posted, after in 2014 I make the best article that was posted by you here, now, in 2016 I'm just making the part of America that I promise in 2014 and looking for my old articles i find this post

If somebody wants to cooperate with the new article with info I will be very happy to hear, also with photos, of course all people that gives me good info will be mention

Sorry for my horrible english but I feel that I have to say hello in this post

HMadera

nice work, im late I know.
Pre 2009 at spannabis i reported tests to dinafem about 18% cbd i had found in one of their shark attacks. This strain is in OZ right now working in University studies.
Im actually looking or some oracle or acdc ;seeds; for some specific trials

Very interesting, can you update us more info about this????

HMadera

No love for Sohum Seed in that article? I understand they've been working on their CBD genetics for around 30 years.

Yeah, no mention of Ringo... R.I.P.

I think the author of the article was focusing on the cbd wave in Europe, mainly Spain.

It was probably closer to 10 yrs that Ringo has been involved with cbd enriched strains. He didn't have a test made until 2010.

Of course that I have love for Ringo, Ringo is just mentioned at the end of the article of 2011 like CBD breeder, you can see here
http://www.cannabis.info/es/abc/10006116-linaje-chemdawg-el-largo-camino

Also in the blog metioned by primal haze you can find diferent post about Ringo

http://growingmedicine.tumblr.com/post/83037732443/lawrence-ringo-one-of-the-greatest-cbd-breeders

http://growingmedicine.tumblr.com/post/86798285137/cannabis-consciousness-episode-28-the-ringo

http://growingmedicine.tumblr.com/post/86798799022/history-of-sour-tsunami-the-history-of-sour

http://growingmedicine.tumblr.com/post/86800860862/lawrence-ringos-biography

http://growingmedicine.tumblr.com/post/86807531447/ringos-autum-2012-new-strains

Like PrimalHaze says the reason that i do not mention Ringo is that the article was about another part of the CBd wave, but I explain at the end of 2014 article that I will make an article another article about America and now I just making

About Ringo there is people in spain that suspect that maybe his genetics are related with spanish genetics because when he find the CBD the seeds of resin has arrived to USA, but I do not think for 3 reasons

1) Main Reason: he declares a pedigree with a Diesel of the same year that the Diesel that introduces the CBD in reggae seeds genetics and he made before was know that the Diesel male gives the CBD

2) At the end of his life Ringo has no problem in say he was using Cannatonic and is a great plant, so why hide before

3) All I have heard about Ringo is good, that he was a generous man that share the genetics and help the patients, so it does not fit with plagiarism

I have search the web looking for info about Ringo but I have no direct contact with him, maybe somebody can help me about that?

HMadera

First of all PrimalHaze this is really great that you have posted all this info in one place. It should help patients.

A few questions,
#1 Who had the very first CBD variety?
#2 What variety/varieties are the closest to all CBD?
#3 What is the earliest maturation of a CBD variety? For outdoors?
#4 Are there CBD only Auto varieties?

-SamS

Hi Sam

1) The farmers that uses the plants to make hash. If we speak about modern breeding as you say and as is mention in scientific papers probably the strain you licenced to GW. If we speak about seeds that can be bought Reggae Seeds presents the fist collection of seeds with CBD but Resin Seeds was the first in discover the CBD content and make a marketing campaign about that.

2) Actually Zero of Genofarm based in a mix of Carmagnola and Manala

3) The early versions of Elite Seeds like Llimonet Haze Ultra CBD, they include a touch of Rudelaris, but does not autoflower

4) Yes, they are there, Elite Seeds and Dinafem has just developed good auto CBD strains, both companies has access to cromatographs to make this work. Also Genorfarm has auto strains with CBD

HMadera

HOwdy Runt,

I had never heard of 1024 before. It looks like it's not from the CBD Crew, 1024 is from Medical Seeds company in spain. And it is a sativa dominant - high thc strain.

On the Medical Seeds website....the genetics say that they are kept secret for security lol!

-pH

1024 is a Haze strain with no CBD, Medical Seeds has collaborate with Cbd Crew with strains like Y Griega CBD and also he is friend of Reggae Seeds so he has access to his genetic library and probably both companies will make a collaboration in the future

Hi, I'm HMadera chief editor of Soft Secrets Spain and author of the article you mention, first time I read your post i think "he is using my information and do not mention me" but I see you post later the original article and even more you make so good search that you find growing medicine a little blog that i never finish or announce, i only make in 2014 to put some of my ideas in order

My fist article about the CBD wave was in 2011 and is resumed in the article you posted, after in 2014 I make the best article that was posted by you here, now, in 2016 I'm just making the part of America that I promise in 2014 and looking for my old articles i find this post

If somebody wants to cooperate with the new article with info I will be very happy to hear, also with photos, of course all people that gives me good info will be mention

Sorry for my horrible english but I feel that I have to say hello in this post

Bienvenidos Hmadera!

Thanks you for coming to this thread.

I am sorry for not giving you more credit sooner. Your research into the CBD wave has been very insightful... everything I know about CBD in Spain has come from your writings.

-pH

ECtraveler

Veteran
I already ran through my budget for the month so I couldn't get them tested in veg but here is one of the off-spring of a Suzy-Q (50:1) from Project CBD crossed to a pure CBD Richness* male (tested twice; both in veg).

*Richness is essentially a bc1 of the 20:1 Cannatonic pheno. It's ACDC x (Apothecary OG x Prohibition OG) which I called Rainmaker. A 9:1 Rainmaker male was then used on a Valentine-X clone. And although I still refer to them by the names they were given to me as I agree with HMadera that they are the same pheno of Cannatonic. And the more they're grown side by side he more obvious it becomes

Super Rich 26 days into flowering using 11.5h/12.5h.
picture.php

Last edited:

HMadera

Bienvenidos Hmadera!

Thanks you for coming to this thread.

I am sorry for not giving you more credit sooner. Your research into the CBD wave has been very insightful... everything I know about CBD in Spain has come from your writings.

-pH

No problem, in deep you make a very good reading, a lot of people read the whole article and keep on saying wrong things and also you find growing medicine that I never link, so you make also your part to understand this history and is a pleasure to have so good readers, thnaks you for spread the light

I already ran through my budget for the month so I couldn't get them tested in veg but here is one of the off-spring of a Suzy-Q (50:1) from the CBD crew crossed to a pure CBD Richness* male (tested twice; both in veg).

*Richness is essentially a bc1 of the 20:1 Cannatonic pheno. It's ACDC x (Apothecary OG x Prohibition OG) which I called Rainmaker. A 9:1 Rainmaker male was then used on a Valentine-X clone. And although I still refer to them by the names they were given to me as I agree with HMadera that they are the same pheno of Cannatonic. And the more they're grown side by side he more obvious it becomes

Yes I think there is many phenos of Cannatonic renamed, this is due that Cannatonic is general name but has many many phenotypes for diferent reasons. Just my next article as was announced in 2014 will be about Cannatonic in America, including the diferent elite clones, the banks that use it and cups receibed, there will be also information about Ringo