What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hemp oil dosage for dog?

danut

According to the Material Safety Data Sheet-

"TOXICITY
TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL:525 MG/KG ORAL-DOG
Stop for a second and think about how much trim a dog would have to eat to die from it.

HOLY COW!! GREAT information!!!

Say a dog weighed 44 pounds. about 20 kilos ..

525mg times 20. More than twenty pounds of pure THC ..

525 mg per kg .. That's more than half their body weight in pure THC!!!

danut

If 525 mg/kg is a lethal dose for a dog, a 40 kg dog would have to eat 21000 mg of THC.

If trim is 2% thc by weight and THC has an oral bio-availability of 20% (which I think are liberal figures, feel free to chime in if you know otherwise), our 40 kg dog would have to eat 5250 g or 5.25 kilos of trim.

Chuckle .. math is a little off.

21,000 mg = 21 kilos .. and that's pure THC.

So if the trim was 2% THC that would be 21 kilos / .02 .. or

Get this ..

1050 KILOS of the trim.

I think it's safe to say that if you stuffed one ton of ANYTHING into a 40 pound dog, it would die.

danut

It's simple.

The therapeutic dose level, in humans, is calculated to be about 10 mg per kg of weight.

For CBD, it's 5mg per kg.

When talking Rick Simpson, he targets 1 gram per day. Similar target range.

Take your weight and divide by the weight of the dog. That should give you the target.

Say you weigh 160 pounds. And the dog weighs 40. The desired minimum dose would be 1/4 ml per day of the RSO.

Remember to be kind and start small, working up to the desired dose level.

The reports, so far, seem to indicate that it works faster for dogs than humans.

In addition to the RSO I might add a small amount of keif to their food. The keif has the raw form of THC in it. That doesn't talk to the CB1 receptor very much. IOW very little high for the THC consumed. The raw form (THCa) hits the GPR55 receptor while the cooked form (THC) doesn't. That receptor plays a role in cancer propagation.

For the keif .. I'd say about a half gram per day.

S

SeaMaiden

Didn't someone mention topical application? If so, have rates been sorted on that?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
also with any herbal remedy given internally you want as a general rule to give an animal no more than a 1/4 of the human dose.. their systems and organs like the liver have different tolerances to humans and they would naturally have never been exposed to the kind of concentrations we can refine and consume..

if topical application is for melanoma then i personally dont think you can apply too much or too regularly because its action is direct and external obviously and doesn't mean the animal will have any of the unwanted symptoms associated with it being carried in the blood..

Last edited:

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Remember that cannabis is a neuroprotectant and that dogs that are 'less firm' or 'skittish' or other 'not quite the same as other dogs in the head' will benefit greatly from cannabis.

Good for you for looking out for her. :tiphat:

Uhh... no they didn't. Period. Unless there was too much toxic cocoa in it.

Shame on you for allowing your dog to do that. You either need to train your best friend better or be more responsible.

Yeah? So what? You see this as a danger? Were you an even bigger asshole by leaving them to themselves or did you make sure they were comfortable and knew you were around?

Your vet is wrong. *shrug* Yes... massive doses to the point the dog is wobbly and weirded out is to be avoided. Gentle doses, building up to medicinal levels is not. You and your vet need re-training... that's all.

WTF are you feeding a dog cookies for? Ignorance piled on ignorance... dose the dog, don't give it crap that's bad for it. Damn!

So... to those reading this thread, dose your dog responsibly. Try to avoid that wobbly point by keeping the doses small and ramping up the strength over time.

Don't leave your dog unattended when they've been overdosed and Do NOT feed your dog human food with cannabis in it. Especially not chocolate.

:thank you:

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

lol yea baking treats for the pups is just plain ignorance...

whats ignorant is telling people its ok to feed there beloved animals marijuana infused treats. Have you ever had a dog of yours get into cannabutter?

i breed GSDs for a living you cant tell me otherwise ive had to many experiences which all bring me to the same conclusion.

ITS NO GOOD FOR THEM!!! yea maybe the smallest dose is "tolerable" but so is chocolate. Like i said my pups have devoured cakes off the table *little fuckers* but they were just fine. However when they devoured that same cake with cannabutter..fuckin SEEYAAA out cold for 12+ hours.

in 5 years 2 encounters with comatosed dogs. not a lot of fun. If your going to feed your dog anything with cannabis make sure its very small amount. I would never want what happen to my pups to happen to anyone else.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Have you ever had a dog of yours get into cannabutter?

Umm... yes. Tiny dog, big blob of butter... wobblies then nearly comatose for 15hrs.

Nother time.. small blob of potent oil... pretty much same thing. 2 other times the same dog ate balls of resin they found... very similar results.

Every time... that dog came out a better dog from the experience. Smarter, more sociable and more mildly behaved.

Never gave big dogs enough to reach that point... just medical doses, but that little one... seemed to be looking for it a lot. *shrug*

Lost in a Sea is right on the button with going 1/4str of what you'd give a human of the same weight. Can't remember the name for it but dogs definitely process things a bit different. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

T

ThirstyKenny

A friend of mine had a couple of elbows under his bed and their Chiwahwah- bad spellin, got into it while they were out. It died. According to my mate, the vet said his heart exploded. Now i know nothing about cannabis and dogs apart from what i've read in this topic. All i know is this dog died from eating too much weed.
Damn stupid thing for my mate to do leaving that much weed where his little pooch can get at it. I told him this and he swears. he'll never do it again.
Between you and me i never liked that little dog. It was a snappy, spoilt, bad tempered little mutt. :)

Kenny

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
A friend of mine had a couple of elbows under his bed and their Chiwahwah- bad spellin, got into it while they were out. It died. According to my mate, the vet said his heart exploded. Now i know nothing about cannabis and dogs apart from what i've read in this topic. All i know is this dog died from eating too much weed.
Damn stupid thing for my mate to do leaving that much weed where his little pooch can get at it. I told him this and he swears. he'll never do it again.
Between you and me i never liked that little dog. It was a snappy, spoilt, bad tempered little mutt. :)

Kenny

Your friend lied to you-- "Heart exploded"....:laughing:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
lol yea baking treats for the pups is just plain ignorance...

whats ignorant is telling people its ok to feed there beloved animals marijuana infused treats. Have you ever had a dog of yours get into cannabutter?

i breed GSDs for a living you cant tell me otherwise ive had to many experiences which all bring me to the same conclusion.

ITS NO GOOD FOR THEM!!! yea maybe the smallest dose is "tolerable" but so is chocolate. Like i said my pups have devoured cakes off the table *little fuckers* but they were just fine. However when they devoured that same cake with cannabutter..fuckin SEEYAAA out cold for 12+ hours.

in 5 years 2 encounters with comatosed dogs. not a lot of fun. If your going to feed your dog anything with cannabis make sure its very small amount. I would never want what happen to my pups to happen to anyone else.

It sounds like the dog had eaten a lot....my guess is, if you were to eat a whole canna cake, you would get similar results to your dog-- But you still wouldn't die--
The reason ppl OD and die from drugs, is because they (the drug) have a certain level that will shut down one or more organs....cannabis does not do this-- That is why it is virtually impossible to OD and die from weed--:tiphat:

T

ThirstyKenny

Your friend lied to you-- "Heart exploded"....:laughing:

HAHA! I would have laughed too mate had i have read that :D . I wrote it as he said it to me. I'm pretty sure he meant 'had a massive heart attack' Does that sound plausible?. My mate has been known to egzadurate (spell) from time to time :)

Cheers, Kenny :tiphat:

T

ThirstyKenny

Ok no worries. I'll tell him that he's full of crap. Won't be the first time :)
Although i'd thought it true being such a tiny dog eating so much cannabis but there ya go. Maybe he sprayed them with poison or something. I don't know, I'll have to ask him.

Kenny

devilgoob

Veteran
every so often me and my friend are wondering what his dog has in his mouth. Lol I am pulling out stems and some bud, but the dogs keeps trying to pull awhile

Pets quickly learn what they are eating will get them high. You can see his dog just happy. Imagine the first time you were giggly high and exploratative whereas no you've chilled. The dog takes full advantage of it, running around - infused with life - ignoring pain more, being happier, not having anxiety.

A dog COULD have anxiety or even a panic attack though. I am a chronic and habitual smoker, but if I am clean for 3 months and then decide to take 6 hits - I get a panic attack.

Also, a dog eats what it's body tells it. So if your dog's stomach is full, on cannabis it will eat more. That can be a problem.

I think it's fine, but if a dog doesn't know what hit it and is disoriented, you might feel bad because they dog can't make a choice, it's innocent.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
well the chow could easily have also eaten something that caused a heart attack,, but the ganja no way,, and a dog wouldn't eat much weed unless it was in ganja butter form..

for dogs it would be like you getting high for the first time, which can be extreme for some, but also like being spiked because the animal obviously doesn't know you've given it ganja..

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Ok no worries. I'll tell him that he's full of crap. Won't be the first time :)
Although i'd thought it true being such a tiny dog eating so much cannabis but there ya go. Maybe he sprayed them with poison or something. I don't know, I'll have to ask him.

Kenny

My guess is...your friend would not have parted so quickly with his cocaine--
Speed-type things make hearts go "BOOM"...weed doesn't-- :headbange

Haha...Actually I am on the buzzed side of drunk-- I will prolly post mo-betta tomorrow-- But then again...maybe not--:tiphat:

Last edited:

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran

You wouldnt feel too good either if you ate an entire weed cake!

in 5 years 2 encounters with comatosed dogs.

Comatosed? Do you think the dog was actually in a coma, or do you think it might have been asleep?

Latest posts

Latest posts