What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hemp oil dosage for dog?

gardenfather

I have recently upped doggy to a morning does and a evening dose, It calms her down big time and she has a big snooze and wakes up and is not whinnying every time she moves and adjusts. I have a cannatonic plant about 4 weeks from harvest and i am itching to try it on me and doggie, cbd to the future!

You should try to extract just the CBD and see how that works out

P

Prairie Boy

You folks should be applauded for shariing your experiances helping your buddies!!

Cheers & Respect PB

vapor

Veteran
You should try to extract just the CBD and see how that works out

how do i extract just the cbd? i thought most extractions get the cannabanoids/terpenes. can you isolate and or do you need a lab and some basic chemistry to achieve? The thing about the cannatonic is it is high cbd/thc ratio....

saluki

ICMag Donor
Most foul and disgusting thread on ICMag so far that I have thread through.

I vote for Lock!

Granger2

Veteran
I know this much. I had a Dalmation pup, about 30 lbs. He ate the 3/4 of a gram of hash that my housemate left on the coffee table. He was acting high. Super playful, then stopping to look at my face and start leaning way over looking at me. It had been at least 2 hours since he ate it. Could have been as much as 10. Took him to the vet, told him what happened. He gave the pup something to make him puke. Nothing came up. Sent us home, and he slept it off. Next day he was fine. In good spirits. Don't know if this had anything to do with his being exceptionally obedient and smart. -granger

vapor

Veteran

Thats basically what i use for my edibles for doggy, my sublimator bowls. Then i put them into a butter and doggy gets doses once a day twice a day if it is a hard day. She comes and asks for it, she knows whats up, she has her dose and then has a huge napp wakes up for a big much and then she is just much more relaxed then if not with cannabis. She is 13 and has been on the cannabis for a year or two now. I see it makes her happy and you know if you give them too much they have been our friends for years and if they are not tail waggy happy then no good too much....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I only noticed the post date and 7 other pages after I posted this, but still - don't give up on your dog whoever else is reading this.

Internet is that really where you source your info? Don't consult a vet then in your situation just do what you believe based on what you read on the internet... Hopefully your dog wont vomit and shake to death in the hospital...

Seriously, do you even own a dog? Quit spreading this misinformation. The first few posts about this guys poor four legged friend and you guys are telling him to put it down and that THC is toxic? Where's the compassion or even good, sound advice? Shame on you, and I'm disappointed. As a dog owner I extend my sympathies to the original poster and want you to know that you shouldn't give up on your dog if they can still get around, eat, and seem to enjoy themselves. I've personally seen a friends dog that has been hit by a car recover and be fine enough to run around again. This is after the owner was told to put the dog down by the vet. She was stubborn and believed in her pet and with enough attention and care the dog was able to recover.

Also, anybody who has ever had a dog will also know that they get into some form of weed be it hash, edibles, etc. and know what the dog looks like after the fact. Just this past fall/winter my friend made some stupid strong cookies. I'm a self proclaimed lightweight and I ate half a cookie. One of the dogs at 3 of the damn things! She was certainly stoned and would kind of sway around while she was sitting down. This eventually tapered off but she was stoned for two days before it wore off completely and was fine for it. Any dogs "dying" from eating edibles was probably because of complications from eating brownies or anything else with chocolate in it, not because of the weed.

Please, please, please do your research before posting crap like this because this is how rumors and misinformation starts. I would encourage you to research and post your results of instances with dogs dying or having complications from ingesting THC so you can put the issue to rest one way or the other.

To the original poster, again sorry for your dog troubles and I can't offer any advice except to say that you should fight the good fight as long as your dog is doing well. They will let you know when its their time after all.

Last edited:

awakeNtruthful

It is really sad the lack of knowledge you have on this topic and you want to try and make this person feel bad for trying to save his dogs life!! The Cannabis Cure is patented by the government, it's public information. This is a FACT not an opinion. Cannabis cure people and other mammals alike all of the time and if it doesn't fully cure it at least eases the pain unlike conventional meds that have only been around for the last 100 years! Cannabis has been used for centuries, it is safe. Unfortunately it doesnt produce the money that the government makes on chemo and other terrible toxins so they would rather hide this from you. My dog seems to have grown a tumor on her belly so if i find the correct dosage i will definitely share it. So many people could be saved ( makes me want to cry some Phoenix tears ) . Please do some research for yourself.

awakeNtruthful

Internet is that really where you source your info? Don't consult a vet then in your situation just do what you believe based on what you read on the internet... Hopefully your dog wont vomit and shake to death in the hospital...

I was responding to this post on my last comment, didnt know how to connect the two!

RoadRash

my primary form of THC ingestion used to be Chocolate Chip cookies.

e.g. the 2 pound Pillsbury with about 1/2 ounce of high-grade shake.

THAT would not be good for a dog, because of the Chocolate.

I think dogs can handle 'normal' doses of Cannabis, though I would give them 1/2 of a people dose, by weight.

I also think they are similar enough to humans that they will get benefits from Cannabis.

But not to expect them to do the Canine equivalent of Bob Marley after eating it ! :dance013:

A friend made the mistake of letting their English mini-spaniel into his Canna-brownies. By size it probably ate 100+ doses.

It was in a coma for a week. Then she seemed to recover. Then she died.

We named a plant after her. Her name was Lola.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
My pup ate 2g of bho my friend left on the coffee table... after looking all over for it i noticed my dog was nowhere to be found , go to the yard i find him sleeping in a hole he dug ... parchment paper stuck to his lip... he was dead for a day couldn't keep his tongue in his mouth... waking up barking spinning in circles n back down for the count..., he turned out fine... now when he hears the blow torch fire up ,,, guess who is first inline.... thinking he gettin some....

tammy krzyski

My dog Nolah. help me please

My dog Nolah. help me please

Hi. This is my first post on this forum. My dog Nolah is 9yrs old and has has had a few surgeries now to remove lumps. Some cancerous and some not but were turning into large tumours so they had to go. Nolah is an Argentinian dogo and does not do well with survey at all. She will have a full on panic attack for about 8hrs after surgery due to feeling stonned from the anaesthesia and she hates pain killers so I can't give them to her. On top of that anti-inflamatories make her sick so none of those either. Her first surgery was years ago but then now she's had 2 within 6 months and I refuse to cut into her again, it's just not fair to her. The report came back that she still has a mass cell tumour inside of her but it's low grade right now so she's not sick or in any pain. I will not have it surgically removed but i'm willing to try anything else to help her. This dog cannot feel stoned as she will panic so does anyone have any suggestions for me????
Please help me. She is my soulmate and I love her more than anything in this world, I can't loose her but I won't hurt her either so what do I do?