What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

phenofinder

Hey guys I'm new on the forum and in my 5th year growing but I think I'm advanced pretty far as my peers just love my smoke but that's not my problem. So about 2 years ago I had a small issue with a tent I was running, the ph meter and cooking fan seemed to break around the same time and the heat and ph got too high and the females started to produce pollen sacks at week 5 if flowering. Those sacks opened and blew around and caused a few seeds nothing major just the odd bud seeded out. So out of curiosity I ran 10 seeds from the 100 or so I had collected and all 10 female and real uniform to the plants they originated from as I label everything. So this year I decided to purposely manipulate my best phenotypes into making pollen and I collected that and proceeded to start pollination of my best strains, I got maybe 1000 seeds or so on my first try but here's my questions to the experienced breeders on here. Q1- How good of a way is this to try and breed some of my best genetics. Q2 - as there were no males involved in the process should I assume all the seeds will be female and the 10 of 100 I did already was it a fluke chance all were girls or what. Q3 should I expect hermie traits in the offspring as I tricked the parents to hermie to give me pollen. I'm real curious to your guys info as I find this is a great non chemical way to get pollen from a female or clone only plant and try reproducing it's genetics that way, and it works great for my first try to purposely make seeds, but will they work. Just messing around I germinated 50band only 1 didn't pop so I know they are viable too. Hit me back plz guys the more feedback the better thanks

bayarea925

This is what I've read.

Q1- I believe many do this its called S1
Q2- not sure on this but could be all females
Q3- yea you will get hermie plants from those seeds.

Also prob not the correct forum. This is medmans.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
1) This is called "selfing" and yes, this is an effective way to create seeds with known qualities

2) They will be all females, because the lack of a male means the lack of a Y chromosome

3) No way to answer this for certain, but no. Your plants hermied from stress, presumably, not because of hermy genetics

And yeah, this is probably not the best forum to ask this question. You should PM a mod and ask them to move it to the correct forum. :tiphat:

S

sourpuss

I ran some hermie seeds caused by I think light stress or heat not really sure, was fem8nized, got sone nice seeded smoke, will never do that again. Was interesting but looking back it was a waste of my time. Threw all the old and new hermie seeds in the trash.

Course you can go around plucking the herm male pods off, not fun...

I got full frmales no herm, females that hermed, and males, or just really hermy females... if thats possible

Last edited:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys, thanks for answering, couldnt have said it better myself

thr truth about selfing and even out crossing with this S pollen, is that i do find the offspring to be more sensitive to growing pollen sacs under any stress.

stress like heat and hot nutes especially, or drought for that matter :)

med-man

S

sourpuss

Didnt know hot nutes can cause herm. Thx bud.

Oh and im far from an experienced breeder:)

phenofinder

Thanx guys I brought this to meds forum cause I know experienced breeders hang out here, I've read a lot if posts before I signed up. I'm not trying to hijack the man's board I was just looking for some input from solid growers and it looks like I have my answers thank you very much and happy growing guys

phenofinder

Hey medman are you cool with me coming here to get information from you guys, it obviously was the right choice as I got my answers very fast but I dint want to offend senior members as a newbie. Also 1 of the strains I seeded was yours so that's another reason I came here as your name was in my head as well. Anyways med I'm in the Toronto area a couple times a month for business if you would like some free seeds to try a sample run I have your rockstar kush crossed to DNA genetics holy grail kush, it's a pheno I've had for about 3 years now not a huge yielded but so potent it's a joke I used her pollen to hit the rockstar and s few other og kush but none of yours. My goal was to just try and add the sour kushy taste n potency of the holy grail to all my other strains. I know you probably have millions of projects on the go but if you want to have another project I'm glad to donate a whack of seeds for testing or if any of your testers are curious what might lie in those beans I can send you a bunch to disperse to your homies. If not no problem I'll be popping some in the fall when I have more space and time and I'll start a grow log of your rockstar x holy grail I think I'm going to call it holy rockstar kush or the holy star if I hit a nice winner I'll be sure to let people know where the genetics came from. Thanx med and your followers for answers I really needed bow I can go on with my future projects

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey PH

for every grower their are unique needs. and no one is alike.

i take elite cuts and inbreed them over time, trying my best to offer canadas kindest and most stable is my objective. representing the candiam medical scene.

i dont hve the time or energy to start new lines and find elites. soon come though once i start at ammcan!!!

med-man

phenofinder

Ok thanks med, I'll keep in touch. I'm basically a helper and consultant to sick people who have no idea how to grow or what to grow for their specific medical needs. So with the laws hopefully change in their benefit I can expand my teachings and threw experienced breeders like yourself I hope you don't mind us hitting you up for information and so on as we seem to be both for the same cause and that's putting the best most suitable medicine in the Canadian patients hands. Thanks again and I'll be talking to you in the future, when I do my Hily rockstar grow I'll put up a journal. All of our medical spaces are full at the time being so I'm thinking come fall we will have room in our quota to add that grow. Happy growing my friend and keep up the good fight

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey phenofindere

no problemo. looking forward to seeing them, and thanks!

med-man

Latest posts

Latest posts