What's new

Help me identify this deficiency

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Sorry. Looked like you had your own successful technique. Plus, I imagine the OP is a bit ticked at the bullshit.

I Googled "Reversing Sex with Aspirin"

This is from a couple years go, but here's a permalink to one of my posts on the subject:

Reversing Sex With Aspirin

But there's others that have posted the technique as well.
Here's one:
Aspirin for Your Plants

The posts contain a lot of supposition about fems carying the hermie trait and such, but these are older articles, and just like today, many misconceptions were bouncing-around.

There is no evidence of a sex reversal in these articles. No pics. nothing.

I WANT TO SEE THIS...A REVERSED FEMALE

picture.php

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
There is no evidence of a sex reversal in these articles. No pics. nothing.

I WANT TO SEE THIS...A REVERSED FEMALE

There is no evidence anyplace that supports the idea of Aspirin reversing a plants sex.

You see those articles have been floating around for years now and every once in awhile some idiot numbskull gets a hermie because they aren't smart enough to use the coated kind and dissolve it in water that is nearly boiling.
So they focked up and mistreated a plant that grew some nuts, now there are a bunch of idiots runnin around insisting that spraying with aspirin will reverse a plants sex.

I have been using aspirin with plants even before I began growing my own herb. Aspirin is good shit for plants too, I am the only person in this county that got to harvest fresh ripe tomatoes grown outside this year because of blight and crap in the rain. Everybody asks me why it didn't effect my garden and then they look at me like I've got 3 heads when I tell em to foliar spray with an Aspirin or 2 per gallon of water.

Well, nice try, but as I've said...I am an experienced grower, and I have done it myself. Were I to give my ladies 2 aspirin per gallon, likely they wouldn't turn. But make no mistake...it's a stressor, just like the other chemical/commercial stressors.

Regardless, there's plenty of other femming techniques that don't require the addition of any chemicals, organic or not. (rodelization and light poisoning for instance)

But damn. I can't get over the "throw everything under the sun" concoction, and even though I've asked about it time and again, nobody want's to explain why targeting the cause isn't better than a cover-all approach. And it's remarkable that nobody bothered to ask what the rest of the plant looked like. And just by looking at the injured leaves, y'all start giving advise that could, at the very least, stress his ladies and pack the soil and plants with unnecessary crap?
Seems a throw-back to a more uninformed time, where the nutrient company will sell you shit, then sell you shit to fix what issues their first product caused.

And after all the bickering and conflicting info...his plants did not need a mega-tonic. He was already feeding 'em. Think he'll be able to flush all that crap away before harvest, or will he have to cure for 3 moinths to get rid of that crappy straw taste? This shit is pretty important, so I can't understand why it's allowed to be done. I admittedly don't much give a crap about the recreational or commercial growers, but those that are under doctor's orders, and might have interaction issues with their pharmaceuticals...are fucked with advise like this.

S

SeaMaiden

Jesus, at this point I don't even remember what I suggested to the OP.

Latest posts

Latest posts