What's new

Help! I got defiencies in flowering!

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Spider mites.

By I.C Plant and problems guide.

Spider mites are by far the worst pest to have, because they are the hardest to kill and can literally kill any plant. They are by far more active in warmer climates than cold ones, they also suck sup from the leaves leaving tiny white spots on the leaves from where they suck on. The damage they do is just like thrips, but with spider mites they pierce the surface of the leaves and can show tiny holesor white speckling damage, unlike with thirps they eat the surface of the chlorophyll. You can tell when you have infestation of spider mites , because you will have distorted growth, shortened internodes and petioles. When you have bad infestation you will see webbing with larva in them. You get spider mites from either store bought soil mostly when your soil is not sterilized. Most brands do not state weather or not they are, chances are if you buy cheap soil, you have a less likely chance of the soil being sterile.Also, bringing outdoor plants indoors, or getting plants from someone else who was infected with spidermites.
Spider mites live on the plant itself and are under the leaves most of the time and are usually are so tiny you can’t see them with the naked eye. In order to get rid of spider mites one of the best ways to start to get rid of them is to use NO-Pest strips.NO-Pest strips work well and should always be used with other methods. Neem oil helps get rid of them as well. Also by raising the humidity in your grow room a lot will kill the spider mites off, by them absorbing to much humidity and will burst. You can use soap solution like Safer Insecticidal Soap to get rid of most aphid problems. Use some tobacco juice and chili pepper powder added to this for mites. (see below how to make tabacco juice)
Pyrethrum should only be used in extreme circumstances directly on plants, It starts to breaks down around a week and is easily washed away with clear water or. If your plants are in flowering and you have spider mites, using safer chemicals is your best bet. The tobacco and pepper soap solution works well and should be used daily, spraying on the underside and top leaves and later the whole plant. Since spider mites are very residual to common products, you have to find or try any number of ones untill you get rid of them. make absolutly sure you retreat as stated, other wise you will get resistant spidermites and then you have a bigger battle on your hands.Also do not allow pets that go outside alot to be around indoor plants,mites have been known to be carried in from pets to plants. PLEASE NOTE, below are ways to get rid of spider mites, but no 2 mite infestations are identical, you almost always have to use different products to get rid of them, also make a habit to check for at least a whole month after thinking you got rid of them, that way your chances of the spider mites that became resistant breeding and then having a bigger problem. Make sure you spray your plant down very good and enough and on time.

S

sparkjumper

Because he took a cut while in flower.Ludicris unless southern red spidermites make the plant look differently than those,I dont know what to say.The only one that remotely looks like spidermites is the last pic.Internodal spacing and spidermites is just plain silly,and those rust spots are like no mites I've ever seen in my own experience and years of OG and icmag.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Because he took a cut while in flower.Ludicris unless southern red spidermites make the plant look differently than those,I dont know what to say.The only one that remotely looks like spidermites is the last pic.Internodal spacing and spidermites is just plain silly,and those rust spots are like no mites I've ever seen in my own experience and years of OG and icmag.

They are pics of the most common spidermites you will find on cannabis plants (two spotted). Red spidermites are usually predator mites that eat the 2 spotted variety.
Shortened internode spacing and stunted petioles growth are usually the first sign of mites as i have proved and experienced for myself and thats why i know so much about them. And the rusting/white spots on the leaf tops are a sure indicator of mites along with stunted growth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_mite

LUDA.
(dont be fooled by my repp or status i aint no newb).
:muahaha:

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Spider mites.

Spider mites are by far the worst pest to have, because they are the hardest to kill and can literally kill any plant. They are by far more active in warmer climates than cold ones, they also suck sup from the leaves leaving tiny white spots on the leaves from where they suck on. The damage they do is just like thrips, but with spider mites they pierce the surface of the leaves and can show tiny holesor white speckling damage, unlike with thirps they eat the surface of the chlorophyll. You can tell when you have infestation of spider mites , because you will have distorted growth, shortened internodes and petioles. When you have bad infestation you will see webbing with larva in them. You get spider mites from either store bought soil mostly when your soil is not sterilized. Most brands do not state weather or not they are, chances are if you buy cheap soil, you have a less likely chance of the soil being sterile.Also, bringing outdoor plants indoors, or getting plants from someone else who was infected with spidermites.
Spider mites live on the plant itself and are under the leaves most of the time and are usually are so tiny you can’t see them with the naked eye. In order to get rid of spider mites one of the best ways to start to get rid of them is to use NO-Pest strips.NO-Pest strips work well and should always be used with other methods. Neem oil helps get rid of them as well. Also by raising the humidity in your grow room a lot will kill the spider mites off, by them absorbing to much humidity and will burst. You can use soap solution like Safer Insecticidal Soap to get rid of most aphid problems. Use some tobacco juice and chili pepper powder added to this for mites. (see below how to make tabacco juice)
Pyrethrum should only be used in extreme circumstances directly on plants, It starts to breaks down around a week and is easily washed away with clear water or. If your plants are in flowering and you have spider mites, using safer chemicals is your best bet. The tobacco and pepper soap solution works well and should be used daily, spraying on the underside and top leaves and later the whole plant. Since spider mites are very residual to common products, you have to find or try any number of ones untill you get rid of them. make absolutly sure you retreat as stated, other wise you will get resistant spidermites and then you have a bigger battle on your hands.Also do not allow pets that go outside alot to be around indoor plants,mites have been known to be carried in from pets to plants. PLEASE NOTE, below are ways to get rid of spider mites, but no 2 mite infestations are identical, you almost always have to use different products to get rid of them, also make a habit to check for at least a whole month after thinking you got rid of them, that way your chances of the spider mites that became resistant breeding and then having a bigger problem. Make sure you spray your plant down very good and enough and on time. So tell the owner of this information he is wrong not me as i know he is right.

LUDA.

is my bud really shriveling up??? does it look healthy?
i dont think i have spidermites.
i dont have shortened internode spacing either as you can tell from this picture.
picture.php

i also got a picture of the undergrowth and i dont see any kinda sign of those eggs that you had. this is just one part of the whole leaf i cut out.
picture.php

i hope that is a compliment about my clone sparkjumper haha heres a picture of the bud up close. it looks different than the other one so i wanted to see what everyone thought about it.
picture.php

and i took a picture of the bud on my clone

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then maybe you know little about the subject ???????.
Yes short node/internode spacing/rust/brown coloured spots and twisted growth. I know my mites when i see them.
http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-spider-mites.htm

(and no pest strips are no good for mites).

LUDA.
Spider mites.

......... In order to get rid of spider mites one of the best ways to start to get rid of them is to use NO-Pest strips.NO-Pest strips work well and should always be used with other methods. .............
LUDA.

you're contradicting yourself here.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
is my bud really shriveling up??? does it look healthy?
i dont think i have spidermites.
i dont have shortened internode spacing either as you can tell from this picture.
picture.php

i also got a picture of the undergrowth and i dont see any kinda sign of those eggs that you had. this is just one part of the whole leaf i cut out.
picture.php

i hope that is a compliment about my clone sparkjumper haha heres a picture of the bud up close. it looks different than the other one so i wanted to see what everyone thought about it.
picture.php

and i took a picture of the bud on my clone

I see a hermie there.

i dont know maybe its just dying, it has more of a bluish tint to it now. and the leaves are gettin brighter. so i think my clone was a failed attempt..

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Robertwantsganj - are you trying to get that clone to root or has it already been rooted and put into flower?

LUDACRIS

Veteran
i dont know maybe its just dying, it has more of a bluish tint to it now. and the leaves are gettin brighter. so i think my clone was a failed attempt..

I think i see some yellow pollen pods on the top of the plant and thats what causes the symptoms you have with the pistils browning/shriveling.
Have a look for these.

Attachments

• hermie1.jpg
    hermie1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 6
  • hermie2.jpg
    hermie2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 6

LUDACRIS

Veteran
hmm i didnt see any, maybe its too small to tell. that bud looks more older. but im trying to get it to root it was taken out of flower.

Have a deeper look into the top cola as sometimes they can be hard to see. In your pic i think i see 1 on the right hand side of that bud (near the top. It looks oval shaped with a hole in the middle) and another yellow blurry spot just above it ????.

LUDA.

M

mexilandrace

no hermie signs at all, no signs of mites at all.

Honestly, this thread is a result of a first grow, or a really in experienced grower. Stop being anal about every single spot on the leaves and let the plant grow. You have signs of some over nuting, the burnt leaf tips, and the curling ones show it out.

gnats don't hurt much, and I see none in the pictures at all which means they aren't too bad.

The "Clone" did you put it in 24 hour light? You took it too late, if you need to take a clone after a plant shows sex in flower, do it right when it shows sex, not when it is budding out.

the new light will help.

stop trying to force the plant to grow and just let it grow. More than anything we get in the way.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
no hermie signs at all, no signs of mites at all.

Honestly, this thread is a result of a first grow, or a really in experienced grower. Stop being anal about every single spot on the leaves and let the plant grow. You have signs of some over nuting, the burnt leaf tips, and the curling ones show it out.

gnats don't hurt much, and I see none in the pictures at all which means they aren't too bad.

The "Clone" did you put it in 24 hour light? You took it too late, if you need to take a clone after a plant shows sex in flower, do it right when it shows sex, not when it is budding out.

the new light will help.

stop trying to force the plant to grow and just let it grow. More than anything we get in the way.

No sign of mites but a sure sign of a hermie with pollinated pistils.
And thats why it aint growing as the buds are degrading due to pollination or a fuck up with cloning.
BROWN/SHRIVELED PISTILS at that age of plant = POLLINATION.
100% HERMIE.

this is my first grow
hold up are you sayin my clone is a hermie now or my main plant?
cause i really dont think my main one is a hermie. cause the clone is the one not growing, the main plant is growing pretty good.

and i know i took the clone late i already tried when it was in veg but failed. i had the clone under 18/6 light under 2 100w daylight fluorescent bulbs.

i also found a bug crawling around and took a picture
its kinda blurry but it was really small and i tried to capture it

picture.php

LUDACRIS

Veteran
hold up are you sayin my clone is a hermie now or my main plant?
cause i really dont think my main one is a hermie. cause the clone is the one not growing, the main plant is growing pretty good.

and i know i took the clone late i already tried when it was in veg but failed. i had the clone under 18/6 light under 2 100w daylight fluorescent bulbs.

i also found a bug crawling around and took a picture
its kinda blurry but it was really small and i tried to capture it

picture.php

Whatever plant you took that clone from is a hermie unless you have hermied the clone (unlikely).
Can you get some pics of the plant in question and thats a bug but its a funny colour like something i have never seen before but i will have a look now.

i dont know man heres one of the top
im about to try to take really detailed pictures but ive seen pictures of hermies and my plant doesnt look like one at all
picture.php

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Whatever plant you took that clone from is a hermie unless you have hermied the clone (unlikely).
Can you get some pics of the plant in question and thats a bug but its a funny colour like something i have never seen before but i will have a look now.

Do these pics look familiar and if so its thrips.

Attachments

• 1134Thrips2.jpg
    1134Thrips2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 6
  • thrip larve.jpg
    thrip larve.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 9