What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello Xen

gizmo666

They are coming mate next week there’s a list of things to work through but for now Icmag is working and is 100% better be patient, smileys will have to wait for now there’s more important things need sorting first like chat , user groups and galleries etc (y)
understandable at least we got a site running now and its only gonna get better as times goes on now
thanks

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Press the middle "..." above the text box and you'll find smilieys. Not the old ones we had, but more of them.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Xenforo doesn't seem to have that function, but I bet the advanced search can be used for more than what old filtering allowed!

Mithridate

@Hookah79 @exploziv

Of course you can!

Top right, click search
Next to the search text box select "this thread"
Enter a criteria, in this example, member "exploziv"
hit search and voila

Filter thread by post.jpg
Filter threads by member .jpg

St. Phatty

The topics in the

Marijuana Growing

section have been re-ordered.

Why ? Did you guys have a meeting to discuss whether Organic Soil should go before or after Cannabis Infirmary ?

Did you smoke pot at the meeting ? What kind of pot do you guys smoke at meetings ?

Would love to see video.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Haha, nice one! Seems random, but knowing a bit about computers, nothing is really random. So dunno how they got in that order!
The admins/wembasters will probably fix that sometimes during the phrases of development they anounced!

Entusia

nice update, much better, and better for the Eyes, so much that i leave my "design instructions " out this time.

Some tiny adjustment to the design probably, but minor.

Plenty of improvements could be added, especially right now and especially regarding design/layout, but big migrations can take a shit ton of time for both the dev team, moderation team and users and backend/features is where it should be at for the first few weeks/months. New UI imho brought it home this time, w.r.t. the one we had before. UX is now much more satisfying and dare i say serendipitous. When everything loads instantly you start clicking more and more and for communities this is pure gold. Servers and addons/services/devtime aren't free so that's where the money should go at first, to be sure there's a proper "machine" that can be worked with properly. When everything is working and you have some surplus that's idling, that's when you usually start with cosmetics/new content layouts.

Cuddles

So much work and right around easter too!
I really appreciated the last version and I hope this new forum will have them too when all is done.

I do have one big question however: Why oh why do the `likes´ look like this? I mean it makes us look like "§$%&/()= Facebook idiots! :( 🥵

Hookah79

@Hookah79 @exploziv

Of course you can!

Top right, click search
Next to the search text box select "this thread"
Enter a criteria, in this example, member "exploziv"
hit search and voila

View attachment 18123006 View attachment 18123007
Weird,when i try a member on this thread it works.But in others it won’t???.

Basically i used to be able to filter posts by an OP’s thread such as a grow journal etc.I used to just click on the members name and would scroll down to filter posts and voila!!.This function disappeared when you guys changed the software years ago.

Edit:Ok i tried different threads and it works on some but not all.Strange…

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I really like the new likes. You can make more nuanced reactions with them. But i also miss the old like function from the pre previouse build where you could write messages with the likes/dislikes.

Edit: the auto watch when posting is also handy-dandy (y)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
So much work and right around easter too!
I really appreciated the last version and I hope this new forum will have them too when all is done.

I do have one big question however: Why oh why do the `likes´ look like this? I mean it makes us look like "§$%&/()= Facebook idiots! :( 🥵
LOL@ "Facebook idiots", I'm NOT complaining but one big thing I've noticed about the 'new' software is the social media aspect. The Trophies, etc., operant conditioning.

Seems like Xenfro wants to encourage socializing (nothing wrong with that!).

I WANT MY GOLD STAR!!!!

............. and don't forget my favorite old smilies for some real communication when the time is right! 🤣

Cuddles

LOL@ "Facebook idiots", I'm NOT complaining but one big thing I've noticed about the 'new' software is the social media aspect. The Trophies, etc., operant conditioning.

Seems like Xenfro wants to encourage socializing (nothing wrong with that!).

I WANT MY GOLD STAR!!!!

............. and don't forget my favorite old smilies for some real communication when the time is right! 🤣
yeah, what the hell is this trophy nonsense about?
And why does this forum now encourage us to share stuff on other platforms? One reason I liked this weed forum is that it has/had nothing to do with this (anti-)social media crap.

Latest posts

Latest posts