What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaths latest tree grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdk ktm

Well those last 5 pages were interesting...... It just wastes space and misleads people when so much bullshit gets posted around here. All that my friends uncles brothers butt buddy grows 30lb DWC trees in his indoor swimming pool kinda shit.

Grow whatever style is best for your situation. Trees and SOG's both have their place. I like to gauge my grows by grams per KWH. I sometimes try to figure out my cost per lb for each run if I can keep track of every cost... It is what it is though, mo buds mo betta'

paperchaser825

Where do we vote for thread stickies? :)

The 1.2 EC information was a personal revelation. I have been under the impression I need to be running @ 2.0. I would imagine this is why my roots have been less than impressive in my rdwc unit. Temps are perfect. Humidity is damn near perfect. Water Temp is 66 @ the chiller and I don't lose much temp from chiller to bucket being such a small setup (4 buckets @ 3.5 gallon w/ 3.5 gallon control bucket). C02 is high @ 1500, but I will need a new controller to do anything about that (cap ppm-4).

I may have missed it, but do you recommend a nutrient as of late (2013)? How about additives? Also, which of all the systems you have used so far has been the best in terms of end product of same strain?

Thanks for your time.

D

DHF

Where do we vote for thread stickies? :)

The 1.2 EC information was a personal revelation. I have been under the impression I need to be running @ 2.0. I would imagine this is why my roots have been less than impressive in my rdwc unit. Temps are perfect. Humidity is damn near perfect. Water Temp is 66 @ the chiller and I don't lose much temp from chiller to bucket being such a small setup (4 buckets @ 3.5 gallon w/ 3.5 gallon control bucket). C02 is high @ 1500, but I will need a new controller to do anything about that (cap ppm-4).

I may have missed it, but do you recommend a nutrient as of late (2013)? How about additives? Also, which of all the systems you have used so far has been the best in terms of end product of same strain?

Thanks for your time.
Heath`s not been around for a while Bro , and yeah....less is definitely more with ppm`s across the board.....I ran a lil higher @ 1.5 on the .5 conversion of my bluelab meters , but never more......that said....

As long as I`ve known Heath he`s used Ionic nutes with dialed success as to where I learned with GH 3 part and pulled consistent returns for many yrs as well , so pick a base nutrient and dial it in...and.....

It only gets better once yas get used ta usin lil bit less of this and lil bit more of that through the veg/stretch/bloom cycle to keep ppm`s constant across the board with little to no fluctuations......

High CO2 concentrations are a waste without elevated ambient temps to ramp up the plants metabolism and cause em to sweat/transpire more and utilize said CO2 supplements......

Heath has always preached major air exchange twice per minute to utilize ambient "constant" CO2 inherent in the air we breathe , and it`s a proven fact that pot falls under the "C4" plant category and their CO2 requirements for dialed growth never exceeds 900 ppms from start to finish of cycle.......and.....

The plants eat CO2 during lights on , and shit out what they didn`t assimilate during lights off , along with excess humidity so things to ponder.......anyways.....

Good luck and start a thread....I assure yas all questions will be answered here by old head well experienced growers.......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Heath`s not been around for a while Bro , and yeah....less is definitely more with ppm`s across the board.....I ran a lil higher @ 1.5 on the .5 conversion of my bluelab meters , but never more......that said....

As long as I`ve known Heath he`s used Ionic nutes with dialed success as to where I learned with GH 3 part and pulled consistent returns for many yrs as well , so pick a base nutrient and dial it in...and.....

It only gets better once yas get used ta usin lil bit less of this and lil bit more of that through the veg/stretch/bloom cycle to keep ppm`s constant across the board with little to no fluctuations......

High CO2 concentrations are a waste without elevated ambient temps to ramp up the plants metabolism and cause em to sweat/transpire more and utilize said CO2 supplements......

Heath has always preached major air exchange twice per minute to utilize ambient "constant" CO2 inherent in the air we breathe , and it`s a proven fact that pot falls under the "C4" plant category and their CO2 requirements for dialed growth never exceeds 900 ppms from start to finish of cycle.......and.....

The plants eat CO2 during lights on , and shit out what they didn`t assimilate during lights off , along with excess humidity so things to ponder.......anyways.....

Good luck and start a thread....I assure yas all questions will be answered here by old head well experienced growers.......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Almost a year since I heard from him, that website which was selling his beans went offline and no word since. Hopefully he has just retired. You could not possibly meet a nicer guy.

D

DHF

Almost a year since I heard from him, that website which was selling his beans went offline and no word since. Hopefully he has just retired. You could not possibly meet a nicer guy.
Hey Harry........Been that long for me as well......The folks that were hawkin his beans were as I was told "friends he was tryin ta help out of a bind" , but dunno....and....

Heath got hitched and had couple young`uns some yrs back , so that`ll change yer perspective on life and priorities ..... and .....guaranteed if he is in fact retired it`s well deserved after all the rooms he ran perpetual for many yrs.......

He`s doin the fam thing these days I`m sure , and prolly racin crotch rocket motorcycles fer shits and giggles if I hadta guess since he had the need for speed every time we talked about shit that didn`t involve croppin....regardless....Hope all`s well witchas Heathie my buddy....

Peace...DHF/Fredster......:ying:......

E

ekomsi

Heath Robinson genetics are the most stable beans I have grown. Each and every strain had an almost identical look and smell to its description. Black Rose, V3 and Cheisel were outstanding.
Just took two hits from his Cheisel to feel great.

If he is retired or moved on to better things in life, I want him to know I'm thankful for the info he posted and the genetics he has spread.

pip313

I was a decent part of the last few pages being arguments and I'm sorry for derailing the thread one last time.

I feel that if you grow sog you have to always have a veg room for mothers and mothers are trees that get branches cut off but besides that they are exactly the same. A 8 week strain takes 8 weeks end of story. If you replace ready to flower plants the day you harvest you get the same number of harvests per year regardless of how many plants or how they are arranged.

Maybe you like sog but you do not get extra harvests per year.

Please let's not restart a debate I just wanted to state clearly how growing trees can use the same space and still get the same number of harvests per year. Which growing style for you has to be based on how your plants grow. Tall branchy, trees. Short single cola, sog

I just want people to know that high yields can be done within med states with small plant counts like 12 total without sacrificing the number of harvests per year. That's veg flower and clones with any bit of root.

D

DHF

I was a decent part of the last few pages being arguments and I'm sorry for derailing the thread one last time.

I feel that if you grow sog you have to always have a veg room for mothers and mothers are trees that get branches cut off but besides that they are exactly the same. A 8 week strain takes 8 weeks end of story. If you replace ready to flower plants the day you harvest you get the same number of harvests per year regardless of how many plants or how they are arranged.

Maybe you like sog but you do not get extra harvests per year.

Please let's not restart a debate I just wanted to state clearly how growing trees can use the same space and still get the same number of harvests per year. Which growing style for you has to be based on how your plants grow. Tall branchy, trees. Short single cola, sog

I just want people to know that high yields can be done within med states with small plant counts like 12 total without sacrificing the number of harvests per year. That's veg flower and clones with any bit of root.
Start your own thread to discuss and debate the subject of crops per yr with SOG setups and virtually NO veg time compared to big plant setups that most folks veg for 8 weeks to get said plants big by end of stretch.......and.......

The way to insure more crops per yr is to run flip rooms with 1 room a month or so behind in age strain dependent so you in fact Harvey every month or so once the ball`s rollin to the tune of at least 10 crops per yr if not 12 the following yr......

Not rocket science Pip......Simply a matter of plant management and placement.......

Hopefully this thread will go back into archives since Heath`s not around to answer questions......even though if he were here , he`d be the first to let you know that your thinking is flawed....

Run 2 rooms side by side with big plants and extended veg time before the flip in 1 , and run fully rooted cuts flipped straight 12/12 in the other and witness first hand the difference in crops per yr......

I assure you the SOG setup wins hands down......even if you`ve got a separate mom/clone/veg room to have plants ready for the bloom room the very day they`re pulled , and why ?.....

The rooted clones need NO veg time and the big plant room needs "X" amount of time to get em to a size large enough to fill the canopy with "less" plants by end of stretch........as said above......

We`re comparing apples and oranges , and both have their application.....and for the record......I`m completely unbiased , just know what`s what without blinders on......

Peace....DHF......:ying:.....

doneit

Veteran
Here is a very special Black Rose a friend of mine was gifted. This one will be around a long time.

picture.php

pip313

I guess I will start a thread as I'm so sick of you sog growers acting like hundreds of clones come from nowhere.

D

DHF

I guess I will start a thread as I'm so sick of you sog growers acting like hundreds of clones come from nowhere.
I look forward to you starting a thread that shows something that`s not already known Pip.......

No biased opinions over here , only proof in the pudding and facts to back it up so........PLEASE....Start a thread with stuff we don`t know over here......please........

Never was a SOG grower per se till my vert racks with 4 plants on 4 walls on 4 levels with DTW coco for a total of 64 around 3 stacked 600`s.....but.....regardless.......

Here to help and not take away from knowledge gained and potentially learned......emphasis on the potentially learned......and hey.....

Waitin on your input that`s not already been known for yrs and yrs.....

Peace....DHF......,:ying:......

pip313

You replied to me here after I started the thread.

I'm not a master grower, I did get a pound and a half off 1 plant (way too many watts though)

DHF's advice in threads I take as gold most of the time. Obviously hes human and wrong sometimes too like just a page ago he called cannabis a c4 plant its c3.But dude lay off scarcasm "give us something we don't already know"

Harry gypsana a couple pages ago said sog can get more harvests a year than trees. He meant under certain conditions and I agree. The part I don't is done right sog will always give extra harvests. Harry didn't say that part but I read it all the time here.

Sog growers always compare only thier flower to others flower and veg when both people have seperate rooms for both.

And again where does these hundreds of clone come from if not mothers in veg rooms.

Please diccuss in sog extra harvest myth thread

D

DHF

Please re-direct all posts here to Pip`s new thread.....

Where is it btw.......Link ?......

Wish Heath was still here......

DHF........

Last edited:

pip313

Thankyou for editing that, you are one of my idols and even if we disagree I wish it to be with respect.

I'm on iPhone I don't know how to do links but its here in indoor hydro section.

D

dank420uk

this Chiesel, looks amazing anyone no where i can get these seeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.