What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaths latest tree grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
When vegged for 8 weeks or so a tree can really put on some good grams per day yield at the end. A lot will say genetics and those extra plants can't grow w/o extra light. I say it's a number of basic factors working together. Plant count can help as it's hard to beat a SOG.

pip313

Scrog is just as good as sog. It's just a choice between long veg times or high plant counts. Both methods are good for horizontal growing but I like vertical and low plant counts. I know that space should be measured in cubic feet of lighted canopy not square feet. We live in a 3d world not 2d.

The fact that you have to veg a tree for 8 weeks makes no difference as you would have to veg mom plants that long anyway. You even save the cloning time.

downtoearth

Greetings

Greetings

Howdy H. I run an aeroflo 2 60 site. I read in the thread you were about to start a grow using an aeroflo. Have you done so? :tiphat:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Plant count dictates yields............................:peacock:
Plant count dictates EFFICIENT yields. It is perfectly possible to grow the same amount of weed with 1 plant as with 10, but it will take longer and cost a lot more in terms of electricity and nutes.
Plant numbers do dictate total yield over the course of a year though, someone growing trees might only get 3 crops compared to the high density soggers 5 or 6(strain/flowering time dependant) crops annually.
Also, growing fewer larger plants is risky in its own way. If you have 20 plants in 1 square metre, and a single dripper fails, you lose 5 percent of your crop, if you have 1 plant in that metre and your system fails, you lose the lot.
Horses for courses.

W

willyweed

Do you switch from 1 blue LED over your shot glass in veg to 1 red LED in flower? :laughing: IDK, if I knew a grower w/200 lights I'd at least call myself TRI-BANDLEDBLAZE or something like that. ;)
i have to say , what you put is so fukcin funny i laughed out loud ,it was more or less just what i was thinking !:)

Last edited:

pip313

Plant count dictates EFFICIENT yields. It is perfectly possible to grow the same amount of weed with 1 plant as with 10, but it will take longer and cost a lot more in terms of electricity and nutes.
Plant numbers do dictate total yield over the course of a year though, someone growing trees might only get 3 crops compared to the high density soggers 5 or 6(strain/flowering time dependant) crops annually.
Also, growing fewer larger plants is risky in its own way. If you have 20 plants in 1 square metre, and a single dripper fails, you lose 5 percent of your crop, if you have 1 plant in that metre and your system fails, you lose the lot.
Horses for courses.

Explain how growing sog allows more crops than trees. You have to grow mother plants to get the plant count to do sog. Mother plants are trees. I flower 8-10 weeks and veg in a seperate room (closet) just like sog growers but I call my veg veg not my mother room. There is no wasting of nutes or electricity in a proper tree grow.

Sea of green wastes electricity during cloning, wastes space, many times requires cloning additives and can go bad.

I am a firm believer in high plant count means a easier way of getting a high yield. Easy and efficient are definitely not the same.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Explain how growing sog allows more crops than trees. You have to grow mother plants to get the plant count to do sog. Mother plants are trees. I flower 8-10 weeks and veg in a seperate room just like sog growers but I call my veg veg not my mother room. There is no wasting of nutes or electricity in a proper tree grow.

I am a firm believer in high plant count means a easier way of getting a high yield. Easy and efficient are definitely not the same.

I should have added for the same space. Trees require veg time, sogging does not, other than a couple or 3 days for the plants to settle in(with the right clone).
Of course you can set up perpetual growing trees, but your veg room will be bigger and need more lights to keep your mothers, and veg your next set of plants, compared to the soggers veg room with just his mothers and his cloning setup.
I definately didn't say the extra leccy and nutes were wasted. I've never been one for the high numbers myself.
2 growers with identical amounts of space and the number of lights, one is a sogger with a suitable clone, and the other is a tree grower. Both may harvest roughly the same on each individual crop, but for sure, the sogger will have produced more weight at years end.
Different strokes for different folks.

farmari

Whats a general rule for the amount of moms/clones/veg space relative to flowering space for SOG? For my tree room, the ratio is about 1 to 8.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
And the folks who are truly successful with SOGing don't need to keep mother plants. They just clone the the next round of clones right before they go into veg, 15 days to root, 15 days to veg in 4"x 4"(mostly to get root mass) square pots and then into their flip rooms, every 30 days. No real need for a mother, except for backup. You can fit 100+ squared under an 8 bulb t5 array.

Not saying I pull this off, my clone game is way to inconsistent.

Rbdf

pip313

Plants time flowering is dictated by strain. If you take out done plants and replace them with ready to flower plants it matters not if they are sea of green or trees. If you have to veg hundreds of clones that's wasted time and space. I switched to trees because I don't have as much room as I used to have and growing 6 plants for 8 weeks is easier than trying to make room for 24 to 200 plants for 2 weeks to a month.

I grow in 5 gallon buckets regardless if the plants are straight from clone or not. If you use solo cups 24 to 200 plants fit in a much smaller space. I hate dirt and fake dirt so no solo cups for me. Besides plants like dwc better in my experience.

If your light gives 12 inches of light penetration and your plants are 4 inches tall your wasting many cubic feet of space that could have buds.

Same clones, same nutes, less space, less watts, less plants, I yeild more. My trees use light more effectively. Small plants don't use the penetration of high watt lights.

L

LEX-UK

lets say u veg your trees for 8 weeks.. thats a flower cycle right there.. the GPW issue most ppl dont take in account that veg times is the mark.

u only need 1 mother for a sog.. and 1m2 room for flower.. thats not alot space.. and if u have your game right you should be hitting 20oz per 8week for 600w thats 120oz a yr, are you getting same results from your tree style for every 600w in your room?

im not being a dick ive argued with friends who new to growing on this many times.

ok if you blast 1 tree with multible lights then you have better results.. as we see in this thread but no way isit more productive imo.

Rolldaddy

I've run multiple styles and I prefer big trees even tho everything has it's advantages vs disadvantages and everyone has there preferences. But plants don't need 2 verging months to get size. 1 other thing is your comparing apples and oranges if comparing SOGing with a veg room and BIG treez without a veg room

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
But plants don't need 2 verging months to get size. 1 other thing is your comparing apples and oranges if comparing SOGing with a veg room and BIG treez without a veg room
Veg room from seed in 2 months. Flower room 2-2 1/2 months. Like Max & me, we don't settle for plants anything less than 8 oz each, up to 1 lb is the norm. I may only have 12 plants but practically need a lawn bag to harvest every 2 months, and believe me this is connoisseur dank! :D Do what you may, but SOG isn't for me and legally I won't do it anyway (12 plant limit). And on another note anything we sell as growers is $100-125/oz for any kind of dank. Check out this video: Marijuana Max 010

marijuanxvx.jpg

highonmt

Veteran
SOG...WTF...IDK why every one needs to post up this excellent thread. Heath is THE MAN when it comes to trees. I love this thread thanks for bringing it back up again and again and again...
HM

Gruetoo

Excellent article and mad props for getting the basic and advanced information out to the masses. Great refresher for those who have gotten lax on some parts of their grows. I will be using a lot of the information I received from this thread. And that what this thread was about right? Getting information and ideals out for discussion. Comparing differing styles, and experiences. The my testies are bigger than yours really has no place in any thread. Again thanks again all whom have positively added to this thread.

Gruetoo :plant grow:

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My dick's bigger than yours!

My dick's bigger than yours!

Excellent article and mad props for getting the basic and advanced information out to the masses. Great refresher for those who have gotten lax on some parts of their grows. I will be using a lot of the information I received from this thread. And that what this thread was about right? Getting information and ideals out for discussion. Comparing differing styles, and experiences. The my testies are bigger than yours really has no place in any thread. Again thanks again all whom have positively added to this thread.

Yeah, I'm with you Gruetoo,
It's all about the sharing of info, love them trees!! :biggrin:

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Man, some of you guys are some pragmatic, sarcastic, back-stabbing, sons of a bitches! I've been laughing my ass off this whole thread, but I picked up plenty of wisdom and am truly grateful. I feel privileged to be able to post amongst you genius jackasses even though I can't relate to anyone of you; not even the slightest. This must be because my shit, that I invented, would get anyone the highest :joint::ying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts