What's new

Heart Attack Proof...

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
If you grow 2 strains together as mothers in a room for like 5 years one sativa and one indica, they will eventually end up on the same flower cycle and start to resemble them selves. I think because the environment is highly controlled, the process speeds it's self up. I have seen that happen. I have even heard that eventually one will Hermie in flower, but have never seen that.

This is why instead of keeping moms, I just take fresh handful of clones from the previous girls, and keep the healthiest few.

Yes, they are responding to pheromones and hormones, but the plants that acclimatize outdoors, are obviously the ones whose expressed genes are the ones that give an advantage (for example, not losing your flowers to mold, or flowering earlier as a male).. what you're seeing expressed in those plants that change are not new mutations, they were always there, but the environment didn't favor them..

Anyhow, we're both on the same page I think :)

ixnay007

Veteran
Ok, ok, I'm not anti-healthy eating, but some of the phrasing used here is... poor.

First off, those who are claiming the prehistoric diets are not thinking this through all the way. Are you really claiming that prehistoric cultures were more healthy? Really???

Average life span in prehistoric times was about 30 years. We started breeding in our early teens (and I mean EARLY), because 15 was middle age. You sprouted a pubic hair, and you damn well better be able to kill something and drag it home, or else your ass was going to starve to death.

In fact, most of the information we have regarding ancient rites indicates that manhood was indicated by prowess in battle or hunting. Not a damn thing about gathering berries like some WoW quest :D Not even for the women. Their worth was judged more by the maintenance of hearth and home. Well, that and poppiing out babies like Pez dispensers. If a girl got to 16 without a husband and a child, bad sign.

Thing is, you go out and find one stand of wild rice, and after a days work of processing, you have enough for maybe one day. Very inefficient use of time and energy.

However, you go out and find one deer, and you feed your family for weeks. Bonus, in the time it takes to thresh a field of anything, you can find more than one deer. Score!

Good day hunting, eat for months. Good day gathering, eat for a week... maybe.

You do the math. Because even a caveman can do that math ;)

So, no, vegan is the absolute antithesis of ancient human culture. Especially, pre-agrarian culture.

You point to a shift to agriculture as a bad thing, yet immediately endorse it with your choices. How? Because a vegan lifestyle is not possible without agriculture. You simply would not have the food to survive the winter without incorporating animal products.

Remember, this was before preservatives and the understanding of many food spoilage issues. Stocking up was possible through drying, but even dry foods are susceptible to rot that we simply do not have to deal with today. Next time you're buying your organic veggies in winter, realize that if it weren't for modern agriculture, your vegan butt would starve to death.

You want to talk about evidence? Look no farther than your own teeth. We simply do not have the equipment necessary to meet our dietary needs through plants alone. We do not have the thick enamel, or large molars herbivores need to masticate raw leaves and stalks for nutrition. You can't graze, period.

On the flip side, are we carnivores? No. We do not have the specialized equipment. No fangs or sharp points of a predator devoted solely to meat. In fact, we know for certain that man cannot survive on meat alone. Scurvy, anyone?

No, we're omnivores. We can eat everything. Put us in any eco-system, and we can survive. Nothing but moss on rocks? We can eat that. Nothing but fish? We can eat that.

It's why we're number one on the food chain. Don't believe me? Look at the other large omnivores, bears, for instance. Totally opportunistic omnivores, and absolutely the master of their domains. At least until the no-fang, no-claw, tail-less monkey figured out how to sharpen a stick :D

The other thing that irritates me about this "diet like a neanderthal, they didn't have cancer" idea is it ignores some pretty glaring facts.

First off, who the fuck says prehistoric humans didn't have cancer? They still had radon and other natural carcinogens in the environment. Was it cancer? No, it was evil spirits. Of course, what you called it really didn't matter to the guy who's got it.

Heart disease? Well, hmmmm, let's think about this one a bit. I could actually agree that maybe prehistoric humans didn't suffer from heart disease. Problem with the argument is that most heart disease becomes a life threatening issue in late middle age, in your 40s to 60s by today's standards.

In prehistoric times, living to 60 was a gift from the gods, and quite surprising. Hell, by the time you were 50, you'd probably outlived most of your generation by more than a decade.

So, did digested fat work differently for early humans? Nah, they just didn't live long enough to have it be an issue :D

Now, on the flip side, meat wasn't nearly as abundant as today. You wanted a burger, you had to take your sharp stick and square off against a healthy buffalo. I bet a modern human would piss out more weight than they'd gain from the burger in that situation :D

You didn't have sausage for breakfast, ham for lunch, and steak for dinner. Just didn't happen, unless maybe you were King High Poo-bah or something.

And processed? Not unless you consider drying a process :D Hand your average person today a few sticks of jerky and tell them that's all the meat they get ;)

So, I'll agree that a change in diet that eliminates most processed foods and most meats is a change for the better. Claiming you're living by prehistoric diets while never touching an animal product is just delusional.

You want the "health" of prehistoric humans? Go exercise vigorously as long as it is daylight. Remember, every waking moment of our ancestors survival was devoted to surviving. Wake up in the morning, and go hike to a river, hoist out ~ 5 gallons of water for each hand, and bring it back. Now make a fire (you did gather firewood yesterday, right?) from rocks. Boil the water (or die from micro-organisms that aren't a modern phenomenon), and add some pine needles for flavor. Ahh, a nice relaxing cup of tea to start your day.

You haven't made it to breakfast and you've probably used more calories than many industrialized humans do in a day.

For breakfast, you're probably eating leftovers, or a gruel of ground nuts and roots, with MAYBE some berries if you've kept the lady happy. Good times. Now, do you want to spend the next few hours hunting, fishing, or fighting? It's one of the three, and you don't always have a choice.

You go live the life of early man, and you'll be in the best fuckin' shape of your life, and you'll die slowly and painfully if you ignore animal-based food sources.

I don't mind people making their own food choices, and I applaud those who can choose an inherently unnatural diet and make it work. It takes an extraordinary amount of discipline and knowledge to do it right.

Thing is, that discipline is something early man didn't have the luxury of developing. Early man was about surviving, period. If there was a food source ignored, you wouldn't be here to have this argument.

I have nothing against sustainable foods, and nothing against those who choose to practice a vegan lifestyle. More power to you! I can say I have yet to meet a vegan I couldn't tempt to the darkside, though ;) Do I think they're weak? No.

I think they're human.

Quit ascribing your modern thinking on a phenomenon only available to our modern culture to prehistoric humans.

It is simply inaccurate, and completely dismissive of the struggles our ancestors faced on a daily basis.

And eggs? One of the best sources of protein available, and you think they ignored that in favor of finding a field of wild soy? HAH!

C'mon guys, inject a tad bit of common sense here. Make your choices, and they're yours, and I can respect that. You're vegan? Awesome. Stand up and tell the world that you're completely dependent on big agriculture for your survival. I support you.

But don't stand up here and claim superiority on false grounds.

You want to say natural non-processed foods are exponentially better for you than processed foods? Amen brother!

You want to say "I'm a vegan because that's how humans were made", then I laugh at you and know you don't have the slightest clue where you fall on the evolutionary chart.

Be natural, but be real at the same time.

Why do most people who talk about paleo diets and things along this line completely ignore the single best source of protein available?

Insects. High quality protein more easily absorbed than that in legumes, the chitin in their exoskeletons is an effective substitute for dietary fiber, they have vitamins, the amino acids you normally need to get from meat, and are low fat.

Add in the fact that you use much less in the way of resources to produce a kilo of insect protein vs a kilo of animal protein, and the fact that most cultures round the world eat them, I find it hard to think that your average cavemen would ignore a caterpillar or beetle, or grub, or grasshopper especially considering the difficulty that capturing larger animals entails..

Rukind

Why do most people who talk about paleo diets and things along this line completely ignore the single best source of protein available?

Insects. High quality protein more easily absorbed than that in legumes, the chitin in their exoskeletons is an effective substitute for dietary fiber, they have vitamins, the amino acids you normally need to get from meat, and are low fat.

Add in the fact that you use much less in the way of resources to produce a kilo of insect protein vs a kilo of animal protein, and the fact that most cultures round the world eat them, I find it hard to think that your average cavemen would ignore a caterpillar or beetle, or grub, or grasshopper especially considering the difficulty that capturing larger animals entails..

I can see how insects would be beneficial. Especially if you are hungry and its all you had.

I just think paleo people went after the fat more so than protein. It's the fat we want more than anything, not so much the protein. 20 or 30 percent protein is good. I am sure we included insects in our diet quite often, though

When we made pemmican, it contained about 60 to 80 percent fat. we recognized the fat was the most important part of the animal or we would have just dried out the lean meat and ate it as jerky.

It is a lot more work to add the fat so it served its purpose. Have you ever heard of rabbit starvation? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

Maybe one day ill try some insects :)

which insects would have the most nutrients?

I have been making my own pemmican lately with the leanest beef i can find and beef suet. if you vacuum seal it and store it properly it can last up to 10 years. It has everything you need to survive. perfect fat to protein ratio and all the amino acids. the essentials.

S

SeaMaiden

saturated fat does not have to be converted to be used. that is wrong. your body uses it just as it is. carbs do have to be converted. fat does not.
Ok, so you ARE debating the physiology. That was all I really needed to know.

Beyond this, I can only suggest that you start doing some reading outside your low carb forum, start with something like Google Scholar where you can at least get a hold of abstracts. The idea that you would debate physiological functions that are already well demonstrated/proven/established, what have you, impugns to an incredible degree anything else you attempt to put forth as "information."

Can you tell us how this works in relation to the Krebs cycle? Or, do you debate the validity of the Krebs cycle?

also that pooping chart is ridiculous. If you eat meat a lot more than anything else you wont poop a lot because there isn't much to waste unless you eat a lot more calories than your body wants to use. I use the bathroom about every other day and its solid (not hard really) and not that stinky. I am not even going to go into this, but that is bad science. It is based off of 1 way of eating (the food pyramid? which is bullshit.. eat more grains than anything else, come on?) I feel like shit if i eat mostly grains..

also, i beleive fiber is not needed and in fact i find that, unless its soluble fiber, it just hurts my stomach. I feel a lot better and have better bowel movements by not eating vegetables. I like some fruits and maybe some potato's sometimes.. but that is soluble fiber. I cant help to eat some red bell peppers sometimes, though. Maybe once a week. I feel better if I dont.

i dont know why you think I follow my BM as guidance.. I only put that out there because most people say you need fiber or you will be extremely constipated or have the runs.. not the case

for more information on this way of eating read about Vilhalmur Stefansson
also Uffe Ravnskov has a lot of good information about heart health.
Ah, more names. What do they have to say about colon cancer rates? I went off what you wrote. No wonder any fiber hurts your stomach!

Either way, do not diss the poop chart. It is the barometer of health and beauty.

^^^ THIS.

Also, they scavenged a lot of meat. We don't talk about that. The people who insist that vegetable matter wasn't a usual part of the hominin diet have never taken a walk with someone who knows wild foods, either.

Is the Krebs cycle wrong?

T

toughmudderdave

As a Personal Trainer/Bodybuilder I disagree w/ a low carbohydrate diet. Take a look at my pic and tell me if I, at 51 years of age, seem unhealthy. And my blood test bears out my healthy lifestyle...which includes a healthy dose of carbohydrates (only complex though...no sugar). Sure I eat a lot of protein (1-1.5g/pound of body weight), but I also compliment my diet with good carbs. I run marathons and compete in challenges that require endurance and strength, and stamina...and I go up against people 30 years my junior and I hold my own against them.

At 51 years of age, with perfect blood stats, I'll keep my diet and lifestyle over a "paleo" regimen any day of the week.

ixnay007

Veteran
I can see how insects would be beneficial. Especially if you are hungry and its all you had.

I just think paleo people went after the fat more so than protein. It's the fat we want more than anything, not so much the protein. 20 or 30 percent protein is good. I am sure we included insects in our diet quite often, though

When we made pemmican, it contained about 60 to 80 percent fat. we recognized the fat was the most important part of the animal or we would have just dried out the lean meat and ate it as jerky.

It is a lot more work to add the fat so it served its purpose. Have you ever heard of rabbit starvation? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

Maybe one day ill try some insects :)

which insects would have the most nutrients?

I have been making my own pemmican lately with the leanest beef i can find and beef suet. if you vacuum seal it and store it properly it can last up to 10 years. It has everything you need to survive. perfect fat to protein ratio and all the amino acids. the essentials.

Certainly, anyone who had thousands of years to perfect the food they'd be carrying about would include fat, it's easy to figure out that it's a great energy source, hell, your own body tells you so when you eat it, it's also very satiating, which makes it perfect trail food.

I kinda debate the amounts of fat, some grazing animals have fair amounts of fat, deer and wild boar are not all that fat, so a good amount of the meat that cavemen obtained (when they managed to catch it) was fairly lean. Considering the foods that were more easily obtained.. insects, roots (in terms of tubers) berries, fish and wildfowl, and wild veggies, I'd say the paleo diet was quite low fat (although also fairly low carb as well).

avatopaz

I definitely didn't read most of the thread...But
Let me tell you..
Pay attention to your heart health! And cholesterol!
If you don't and have some bad genes too..(yes I knew)
Triple bypass right after age 40.
Peace and Pay Attention
J

Rukind

explain the inuit that ate mostly whale blubber which is almost pure fat? when we look at the bones of paleo people, it is shown that their diet consisted of mostly fat. Stefansson did a lot of research on this. Actuallly lived with eskimo's and ate that way with them. is no one reading anything I am posting?

Only a couple of those links are to forums and those forums contain a lot of research. just like these forums.

Everyone just tells me I am wrong without looking at my links just because they want to be right.

Prove me wrong.. read my links and then prove to me that I am wrong.

When we made pemmican, It was mostly fat.

When we ate meat, we ate the fat first and then filled up on the lean parts.

If you guys just dont want to believe it thats fine, but its how we used to live. their is a ton of research that backs this up.

if you are too lazy to do any research on this matter then just watch the damn youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVEiYwFvKvU

you can make pemmican out of deer too.. you just wont get very much. But it is impossible to eat more protein than fat if you survive off of animals.. you will die quicker than if you staved. please read rabbit starvation.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

toughmudderdave: I am glad you are healthy there is plenty of ways to be healthy.

"There are still a lot of people who will tell you that you must "replenish" the glycogen in your muscles after exercise, even though the most rigorous experiments indicate that the glycogen levels in the muscles don't change during exercise. In fact the experiments show that the source of energy for muscular contractions is free fatty acids in a protein complex (acetylcarnitine), which is the energy source for the translation of the adenosine diphosphate back to triphosphate. The enzymes used in the muscles as they work don't originate there, but come from the liver, a good reason not to consume alcohol, which dramatically reduces the liver's ability to supply these enzymes."

even arnold schwarzenegger used to be on a simliar diet.. eating dozens of eggs and drinking heavy cream.

My step dads brother used to do the worlds strongest man competitions. He ate mostly carbs too, but he was on the fatter side. but i mean that wasn't fat it was muscle.. he was a big guy. he died of a brain aneurysm when he was about 40. You can be healthy and fine on lots of carbs if you want. Although he did die really young. He had plenty of friends who ate no carb and only meat as well. I remember them when I was younger, they actually looked better. I would say my step dads brother was stronger, though. I bet he couldn't run as long or work out as long, though.

Just because you have been taught and told something all your life doesn't make it true. A lot of our research "especially on the lipid hypothesis" is based on bad science only showing that things related to each other, but not looking at the full picture.

A lot of people that did research on the lipid hypothesis was in bed with the USDA and corporations that produced grain since they all were paid with grant money. Unless they didn't follow the idea's of the usda they weren't getting any grant money. The grain industry makes a lot of money. they put it in a pretty package for you and tell you to eat more of this than anything else! Why has heart disease gone up when we have reduced fat intake and increased grains/veggie oils?

if you look at the graph of lard consumption it starts dropping straight down after then 40's or 50's.. now its at an all time low and heart disease is at its highest point. however, this is also bad science too and not really proving anything. this is the kinda science that the lipid hypothesis was based off of.

Rukind

Ok, so you ARE debating the physiology. That was all I really needed to know.

Beyond this, I can only suggest that you start doing some reading outside your low carb forum, start with something like Google Scholar where you can at least get a hold of abstracts. The idea that you would debate physiological functions that are already well demonstrated/proven/established, what have you, impugns to an incredible degree anything else you attempt to put forth as "information."

Can you tell us how this works in relation to the Krebs cycle? Or, do you debate the validity of the Krebs cycle?

Ah, more names. What do they have to say about colon cancer rates? I went off what you wrote. No wonder any fiber hurts your stomach!

Either way, do not diss the poop chart. It is the barometer of health and beauty.

^^^ THIS.

Also, they scavenged a lot of meat. We don't talk about that. The people who insist that vegetable matter wasn't a usual part of the hominin diet have never taken a walk with someone who knows wild foods, either.

Is the Krebs cycle wrong?

"Oxaloacetate is both a gluconeogenesis and Krebs cycle intermediary. When the liver needs to synthesize glucose, it pulls oxaloacetate out of the Krebs cycle, resulting in increased hepatic acetyl-CoA. This buildup of acetyl-CoA triggers the production of ketone bodies. All of this occurs in the liver: non-hepatic cells are still using their oxaloacetate in their Krebs cycle, in addition to generating acetyl-CoA directly from ketone bodies.

Oxaloacetate can be produced from glucose via pyruvate, and glucogenic (which is most) amino acids are metabolized into various Krebs cycle intermediaries, which either are or can be turned into oxaloacetate.

so we make what we need out of amino acids. You do know that the body gets carbs from protein too? our body needs a small amount of carbs to maintain itself and you can get that from meat

also its not like we could grow vegetables.. they were a rarity. especially, when we traveled.

Also, when you watch other carnivore's eat, they go for the fat too. they never eat the stomach's or anything like that. its all about the fat.

"Inuit are known to have life-spans to 90+, but most never make that figure due to various kinds of accidents, trichinosis from eating raw arctic predators meat and overall body damage from sometimes lengthy periods of starvation due to scarcity of prey animals.

Of course a meat diet (protein) did not and in fact cannot exceed or even reach 70%- it is toxic at hign levels. It was ~20% to maybe as high as 50% in times of low fat on the prey available. The all meat diet is NOT in strict terms a 'low carb diet', it is a high FAT diet. It is possible to survive a verylong period on not pretein as well as not carbs, in other words on fat alone- many months can go by. In a shortage of dietary protein the body becomes very conserving of amino acids and if not damaged, does not break them down, but recycles them"

"The majority of Inuit live on land and eat mostly caribou and elk. They also will eat fish and few tribes hunt whales, but the marine animals are mostly taken during the warmer time of year- the tribes that live on or near the ocean will hunt seal by staking out the breathing holes, as do polar bears."

also even polar bears will eat vegetation when times are bad. When seals are unavailable, polar bears eat other marine mammals, reindeer, small rodents, sea birds, ducks, fish, eggs, vegetation (including kelp), and berries. When the bears come ashore in areas where the pack ice melts during the summer, they can no longer hunt seals. They live mainly on their fat stores and conserve energy by remaining inactive over 80 percent of the time. They will scavenge on carcasses if they find them, and adolescents and females accompanied by dependent young, in particular, will occasionally eat grasses and berries. Bears have even been seen diving for seaweed and trying to catch seabirds sitting on the water by swimming underwater and coming up beneath them. Very few cases of bears killing and eating caribou and muskoxen are known.

I just dont see how I am being.. stupid.. also, you can eat nothing but rib eye steaks and live healthier than a vegetarian for decades. I have seen it personally. Its the most simple diet in the world.

Before we had all this information all we had was what makes sense to us. Eating meat made the most sense. It was simple and its efficient. We didn't worry about vitamins, nutrients, fat ratios, protein ratios, carbs, etc... we didn't know any of this shit. we only knew to kill animals because they provided so much to us. food, clothing, storage, etc.. you can make pemmican and it can last years! 10 pounds of pemmican lasted each person 10 days of traveling and work.

Just imagine being a kid or a wife.. everyone sitting around eating nuts and vegetation starving waiting for the guys to bring back some meat. thats when they celebrated. they were going to eat well again!

Also, I am eating this way. So I am not being a Hippocrit. I have experience with this way of eating. I have never felt better. I am about to eat me a steak right now. im only gonna sear each side of it for about 1 minute (if that).. i like mine almost raw.

Aksala

The reason the inuits need a diet so high in fat is because it is so fucking cold in the arctic...

When your body is fighting to stay warm you burn waaaaaaaay more fat than normal...

I used to live in Alaska...hence the name...and racers on the Iditarod would literally eat butter while mushing...

It sounds disgusting but it is the only way to keep your body temperature up in that climate..

So yes...if you wanna go live in a freezing cold climate without indoor heating ect....you may have to eat a ton of fat to stay alive...

But I really don't think its a good idea to eat like that if you live in a normal climate..

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have been eating that stuff since the dawn of our time. It's not bad for us.

If you have a genetic predisposition to suffer from heart related diseases then yes you should moderate your fat intake.

I gotta eat meat. My body is designed to eat meat.

It's the fast food and soft drinks that really hurt us.

The real problem is that people just consume more calories than they need. Our bodies are programed to help us survive famines.

It's really sad how many fat people there are in the developed world.

R.Fortune

Aksala

I think when you get older you will probably change the way you feel about your diet..

And that's not a dis....I just never stopped to think about how old you may be and it makes total sense to feel the way you do right now because I did at 24 also...

Just make sure you get your cholesterol and triglyceride levels checked every couple years.....after I went on the atkins diet they were normal after a year...but after 2 they were jacked way up.

If you have a total cholesterol over 150....you can have a heart attack...

The higher it goes the more probable it becomes...so just keep an eye on it...and don't think you are invincible because you eat how you believe a caveman did...

Cavemen lived to be 30ish.....not 90ish....

Also...about the whole healthy bowel movements thing....lol....you have no idea the suffering you are in for in 5-10 years if you continue to eat mostly fats and protein...

Your poor asshole is not gonna be happy with you.

Ever since the Atkins diet every few months I have a bright red toilet bowl after I shit for a few days.....since this new diet...well....so far so good...

The damage you do to your body isn't instant...

Anyway man..sorry for calling you stupid..was outta character...

Rukind

I think when you get older you will probably change the way you feel about your diet..

And that's not a dis....I just never stopped to think about how old you may be and it makes total sense to feel the way you do right now because I did at 24 also...

Just make sure you get your cholesterol and triglyceride levels checked every couple years.....after I went on the atkins diet they were normal after a year...but after 2 they were jacked way up.

If you have a total cholesterol over 150....you can have a heart attack...

The higher it goes the more probable it becomes...so just keep an eye on it...and don't think you are invincible because you eat how you believe a caveman did...

Cavemen lived to be 30ish.....not 90ish....

Also...about the whole healthy bowel movements thing....lol....you have no idea the suffering you are in for in 5-10 years if you continue to eat mostly fats and protein...

Your poor asshole is not gonna be happy with you.

Ever since the Atkins diet every few months I have a bright red toilet bowl after I shit for a few days.....since this new diet...well....so far so good...

The damage you do to your body isn't instant...

Anyway man..sorry for calling you stupid..was outta character...

If you ate any poly unsaturated fats or to many carbs on atkins i can see why you were having heart problems... it shouldn't be the fat. this entire "fat causes heart disease" thing happened when Eisenhower had a heart attack. No one pays attention to his cholesterol, though. it was low. he was eating lots of carbs and poly unsaturated fats.

what exactly did you eat on atkins? I am not on atkins.. my carbs stay below 50 and on some days no carbs at all.

inuit that did not die from trama or infection actually lived to be about 90+

people that has eaten this way for over 50 years has really bad bowel movements? the ones I talk to dont have any problem with that. their cholesterol has stayed mostly the same all those years. Their HDL is always a little on the high side.

I would really like to know what your daily food habbits were like on atkins.

Thanks for the apology.

Aksala

90% Meat 10% veggies....

Probably sums up my diet for the 2 years....never touched a carb other than veggies..

Sometimes i'd eat 3 steaks in a day...and I loved it...

I still wish I could eat like that...but unfortunately my body can't take it.

Over the last 5 years or so I've been eating probably a 40% meat 20% veg and maybe 40% carbs through breads and other sugars...

And I thought I was feeling pretty good...but once I did this low fat vegan thing...my idea of feeling good changed enormously...same with my idea of an easy bowel movement...

Remember...the only reason I'm even doing this diet is to avoid heart disease...which this is basicly the only diet I can keep my cholesterol consistantly below 150.....and because its been shown that this type of diet reduces your chances of a ton of cancers significantly...all the other benefits I'm feeling are just icing...

I'm not doing it because I think eating meat is evil.....I love meat...specifically beef..and chicken...oh and pork...

I'm trying to live a long healthy life...and I have faith that this is the way for me to do it...

Rukind

90% Meat 10% veggies....

Probably sums up my diet for the 2 years....never touched a carb other than veggies..

Sometimes i'd eat 3 steaks in a day...and I loved it...

I still wish I could eat like that...but unfortunately my body can't take it.

Over the last 5 years or so I've been eating probably a 40% meat 20% veg and maybe 40% carbs through breads and other sugars...

And I thought I was feeling pretty good...but once I did this low fat vegan thing...my idea of feeling good changed enormously...same with my idea of an easy bowel movement...

Remember...the only reason I'm even doing this diet is to avoid heart disease...which this is basicly the only diet I can keep my cholesterol consistantly below 150.....and because its been shown that this type of diet reduces your chances of a ton of cancers significantly...all the other benefits I'm feeling are just icing...

I'm not doing it because I think eating meat is evil.....I love meat...specifically beef..and chicken...oh and pork...

I'm trying to live a long healthy life...and I have faith that this is the way for me to do it...

did you eat products with soybean oil, vegetable oil, etc...? did you eat enough fat in the diet or was most of your diet protein?

I have friends who do atkins and they look like shit cause they dont eat any fat. they cook eggs without the yolk.. they eat chicken breast with lots of salt and seasoning.. they eat lean hamburger. turkey.. which is all fine if you also eat enough fat.

to keep my diet at least 60 percent fat it is a little work. Since I cant really go out and slaughter a cow, I dont have the chance to really eat that much fat.

The first time I went to a butcher, i watched the guy trim the fat off my rib eye and i asked him what he was doing lol I told him to keep that shit on there.

so i basically eat rib eye's that havn't had the fat trimmed off. When I make eggs, I make them scrambled and add about 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter per 4 eggs.

Then I eat hamburger that is 73/27 maximum. I also buy beef suet and cook with it.

I eat chicken from time to time and bacon as well. If i eat chicken its only the thighs and wings. thighs are the fattiest. turkey just makes me too tired.

if you eat this way and keep it over 70 percent fat and under 50 grams of carbs it is extremely hard to get through the first 2 weeks. it is like having the flue. it is called induction and I feel that if you dont go through this then you will not be ketone adapted. It took me many tries to get through it without caving in. Now that I am through it, and I am thankful that I am, I feel great and I always feel well fed. Your body mimics starvation because you are not giving it any carbs and when you have lived off of carbs your entire life, it can be very difficult to adjust. You will adjust, though. Your body has to start using the fat as energy, thats why it feels like you are starving.

After day 2 you just want to throw up at the site of meat.. its incredibly hard to get it down. Yet you feel like you are starving. I dreamed about ice cream and pizza. I caved in 3 times before I made it through it.

Every time I caved i ordered a pizza and got some ben and jerry's ice cream to top it off.. so delicious.. it makes carbs taste 10 times better lol

Its hard to imagine that I am never going to eat those things again. I have made that choice and i eat for my health, not taste.. although,at this point meat taste delicious all the time and its actually a lot easier. it was just that first 2 weeks.. it took weed to get my food down.

Aksala

Your cholesterol is gonna skyrocket eventually man...not much you can do about that with your diet...

Rukind

Your cholesterol is gonna skyrocket eventually man...not much you can do about that with your diet...

home come that nots true for so many people out there that eat the same way as me?

have you ever thought for a second that what you have been taught in high school mite not be true?

the lipid hypothesis has been proven wrong so many times.

all i ask is you watch that youtube video i posted. then lets have a discussion about cholesterol. I know your point of view. I have been taught that all my life.

Now please try to see my point of view. Lets be open minded. After you watch that video and do some research yourself on the point of view I am presenting, show me the research against it. I want to know both sides of the argument..

Latest posts

Latest posts