What's new

HEADY BLUNTS' LIVING SOIL EXTRAVAGANJA

V

vonforne

For a big fast finisher......OG99
For head stash.......Cherryhaze if it will finish where your at.
For a good yield TO x BMR

and don´t you have the very small particle size of the Sunshine perlite?

V

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey von thanks for droppin by.

the oger99 didn't fare so well last year, but it might have been my friend's neglect more than the climate.

as for the perlite, i bought it in a moment of desperation, before i found lava rock. but it didn't go in my mix :D

the cherryhaze in my cab is rocking out right now. it might even be a decently fast finisher!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
ganesh and blue sat, all dgs gear, all franks gear, and all cheezs gear. you lucky bastard.

oh, and holy shit heady.

S

schwagg

cb x db is what? darc's cherry haze sounds nice. i think blue orca would destroy any SB.

DARC MIND

Veteran
cool beans heady
give them CH's time and theyll amaze you,early flowers are of excellent quality but honestly its all in the wait..
the cherry seems to really shine after a proper cure

really kind of you to give them a run
subscribed!

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Bog, Mandalla, and DG are where I would start as far as seeds go. Maybe some bluesat2.2 thrown in there as well. Can wait for this years grow heady, your soil mixes are top notch. How much did it cost to fill each #10 pot? Are you finishing in #10 pots?

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
cb x db is what? darc's cherry haze sounds nice. i think blue orca would destroy any SB.

Blue Orca destroys 99% of everything with a big name. I think the Headster should play around with some Blue Orca x NL#5 Haze beans if the chap has room for 'em...

SSOG did well with the TO x BMR outside.

Upwards and onwards Headster~

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Blue Orca destroys 99% of everything with a big name. I think the Headster should play around with some Blue Orca x NL#5 Haze beans if the chap has room for 'em...

i'll MAKE room for your gear capt! :tiphat:

the to x bmr girl i've got in my cab right now is really pretty and she smells great. i'll get a portrait of her as soon as i find my camera's battery charger.

Bog, Mandalla, and DG are where I would start as far as seeds go. Maybe some bluesat2.2 thrown in there as well. Can wait for this years grow heady, your soil mixes are top notch. How much did it cost to fill each #10 pot? Are you finishing in #10 pots?

i'm a little embarrassed about the cost actually. i paid almost $350 for the yard.

keep in mind, i live in an area with highly inflated prices for everything, so hopefully most people would be able to recreate this for much less.

here's what i have to pay for this stuff:

$75 for peat
$80 for compost
$100 for amendments and clover
$45 for lava rock
$20 for DE

if i lived somewhere else, i'd have home made compost to replace a lot of the peat and store bought compost. also i'd love to have used rice hulls and make rice hull char for my aeration amendments, but i have no access to them or space to pyrolyze them.

so 350 divided by 20 = $17.5 per 10 gal = very pricey.

however this mix was a "price is of no concern" mix. i would approach a soil mix much differently if i were on a tighter budget.

i am thinking of it as a long term investment. this soil is going to provide many, many crops.

cool beans heady
give them CH's time and theyll amaze you,early flowers are of excellent quality but honestly its all in the wait..
the cherry seems to really shine after a proper cure

really kind of you to give them a run
subscribed!

darc i'm in love with the cherryhazes in my cab right now. it's my pleasure and privilege to grow your beans! the pr x affies are nice too. one of them especially is smelling like pure heaven.

really kind of you to share!

i have not had the pleasure to sample bo or to, but i am extremely interested in their narcotic pain relief that has been reported by others. it should be my friend's ideal meds.

ganesh and blue sat, all dgs gear, all franks gear, and all cheezs gear. you lucky bastard.

oh, and holy shit heady.

i feel blessed! :thank you:

i just want to do justice to all the great genetics available here!

Nonphixion

You've got some mighty fine strains there, headyblunts! I can't wait to see some pics and a smoke report from that Mandala Satori!!! :dance013:

Blue moon rocks x TO,what is TO?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TO = The ONE

Personally, I like the sounds of some BO x NL - I mean, I'm down for that, too!! ;)

And fwiw, the "FBPK" is going to be some fine smoke. You won't have a problem finishing up any of those. Also, let's refrain from any sort of "GDP" moniker with that cut. It was taken from it long ago...no since in confusing people and getting 'em all worked up. We'll just keep it "Ken Father" from here on out. Have really high hopes for these!

A little peek preview of whats in store if you go that route:

picture.php

It's gonna be some 5-finger just like her momma.

PERSONALLY...If I was you, I'd drop those BKGK Bx1. You would be the only one running 'em yet. And I have about 30 FBPK to look over so...lol, for my own selfish reasons...hahaha. But you run what's in your heart, broski!

dank.Frank

chief bigsmoke

STRAINS!!!

i need your help for this friends. i've been collecting seeds like someone with way more room to grow than i actually have.

so here's what's currently in heady's seed jar:

mandala
-hashberry
-beyond the brain
-satori
-ganesh
-8 miles high

dutchgrown
-dieselrella
-OGer 99

BOG
-sour bubble
-blush (blue kush)

SOL
-blue sat 2.2

GN Collection
-thai stick sativa

ingmar
-peacemaker

Sam the Skunkman
-mixed x haze/skunk#1

SFS (springfed)
-chunky cherry malawi f2

Capt.Cheeze1
-ww x bmr
-to x bmr

darc mind
-cherryhaze f2
-punto rojo x afghani f2

dank.frank
-FBPK
-BKGK bx1
-CB x DB bx1

big leek
-kalimist x superglue

heady blunts
-ww x 8mh

WHAT SHOULD I SOW?

Wowzers what a seed vault!

I highlighted my choices, but there were a couple I didn't know the acronyms for. I'm stoked I found your living soil thread. I've got a chair pulled way up to the front of the class.

chief bigsmoke

I've never heard of Blue Orca... dang sounds like we need some here in BC

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
here's the to x bmr, cherryhaze 1, and pr x a 3 from my cab @ week 3

to x bmr

cherryhaze 1 (biggest flowers in the cab)

pr x a 3 (stinks so good!)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
You've got some mighty fine strains there, headyblunts! I can't wait to see some pics and a smoke report from that Mandala Satori!!! :dance013:

Blue moon rocks x TO,what is TO?

to = the one.

this is not s@annie's "the one." our TO predates ******'s by a few decades.

i looked for coot's official history of TO and BO but i was unable to find it for a direct quotation.

as far as i can remember, a group of socal cannabis importers in the 70s and 80s called Brotherhood of Eternal Light (BOEL) started collecting landrace seeds from all over the globe.

believe they were line breeding afghanis and a little thai got in the mix.

from these seeds, a group of elite clones were identified and they have been kept around for ~30 years at this point.

TO and BO (blue orca) are sisters. i believe Velvet Rush is another sister that is also well kept.

TO = The ONE

Personally, I like the sounds of some BO x NL - I mean, I'm down for that, too!! ;)

And fwiw, the "FBPK" is going to be some fine smoke. You won't have a problem finishing up any of those. Also, let's refrain from any sort of "GDP" moniker with that cut. It was taken from it long ago...no since in confusing people and getting 'em all worked up. We'll just keep it "Ken Father" from here on out. Have really high hopes for these!

A little peek preview of whats in store if you go that route:

View Image

It's gonna be some 5-finger just like her momma.

PERSONALLY...If I was you, I'd drop those BKGK Bx1. You would be the only one running 'em yet. And I have about 30 FBPK to look over so...lol, for my own selfish reasons...hahaha. But you run what's in your heart, broski!

dank.Frank

BO x NL sounds like some sweet dreams medicine to me :D

well i was leaning towards the FBPK because of the ken's father. I'm a little nervous about a BK cross outdoors, but i guess if i can chop before november it'll have the same chances as any of the denser indicas i want to run.

Wowzers what a seed vault!

I highlighted my choices, but there were a couple I didn't know the acronyms for. I'm stoked I found your living soil thread. I've got a chair pulled way up to the front of the class.

I've never heard of Blue Orca... dang sounds like we need some here in BC

nice to have you chief! thanks for the suggestions.

you're the first person to pick out the chunky cherry malawi f2s

these were freebies from the bay that springfed made with some KOS CCM.

from his pics, they don't look to be especially heavy yielders, but from what i've read, the high is quite unique. this is definitely at the top of my list of "maybes."

DARC MIND

Veteran
lol
looks like heady is growing some of the same strains i did last run...=)
ch

pr ghani

to/bmr

strong put you down indica with some saty leaning hybrids,nice

the haze should out yield the red ghani,to/bmr's also tend to produce really dense frosty buds

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
here's the official history from clackamas coot himself, written in 2010:

The African Sativa (Nigerian) was gifted to me by some friends who were in the exotic fabric/cloth business. They traveled around the world finding small batch fabrics from small villages and such. On a trip to Africa they picked up samples and gave me a wide range of strains. This one is not a commercial strain because it has absolutely no 'bag appeal' as the expression goes. But the effect is extremely cerebral - unlike the Indica-dominant strains that populate the offerings from commercial breeders.

The One is my favorite and the specific plant that I'm growing has been in my possession since it was germinated in 1985. I'm not a breeder and this combination of DNA was pure luck - I'm not going to B.S. about that -pure luck.

Blue Orca came about by accident. I was growing out some Thai seeds to replenish the seed bank as the seeds were getting old enough to be concerned about viability. I planted 100 seeds and they were put into a greenhouse at a friend's farm. When the males started to shoot out pollen we hooked up a dozen or so fans to get the pollen moving all around the chamber to get the widest diversity that we could. That much I did understand - i.e. not picking out the best male to match up with the best female - this was strictly open-pollination.

It turned out that some of the pollen took a ride on my clothing and not being a real breeder I had no idea on how invasive pollen is - I ended up with several hundred seeds in my garden at home. So I planted several and had some friends take some seeds for them to test out. My old friend Dave (R.I.P.) found a keeper. Which I did - keep it that is.

Bagseed weed but they contain some very raw genetics that would be worthy of further investigation, IMHO. I don't have the time or health to doing any more investigation or testing but I've given instructions to Mrs. Coot on how the seed bank is to be handled when my time comes. These seeds represent over 40 years of collecting. Being in Laguna Beach during that time meant that there were cannabis shipments arriving from every part of the world - literally.

Kerala, Jamaica, Nigeria, South Africa, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Columbia (Punta Roja - Yay!), Panama, Honduras, et al.

"May you live in interesting times"

CC

man i miss having that guy around! hope you're well coot! come back and visit sometime!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bro...thank you for the information orgasm right there!!!! Love me a good dose of strain history! :thank you:

I see where you are coming from with that. The BKGK was run outdoors in a northern climate where she had to come down before mid-Oct as temps drop and moisture sky rockets. She did good. With the Digi male pairing it should have reduced flower times a touch on these...but I don't know...I bet they still want to go 65-70 to be full mature. The Bx male was a FAT monster of a plant and I bet things get thick and chunky...but then again, he is the same father for the FBPK as well, so...

Ya know, that KF flowers 10wk too though so...it may just be six of one...although, I KNOW that KF does resist mildew really well. I've actually stressed her for this very thing. Now, don't get me wrong...not like I gave it to her on purpose...

A few new cuts did the job...errrrrrr hmmmmmm.... :comfort:

But once I saw it on plant near by...I isolated a few and let them be more or less for two weeks. I killed those plants off after playing but...I did learn a lot in the process via daily observations.

Anyway...that is all kinda relevant to the outdoor world, so figured I'd share...

Carry on - :respect:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
please tell me your experiences with rooting cuts from flowering plants!

i'd like to give it a shot with a couple of the gals in my cab right now. is it worth it? or am i headed for certain doom?

gotta prune off the lower bits anyway, so....

Latest posts

Latest posts