What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hbd and s60 in dwc under the l.e.d

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
nice 1 boyz

it aint the size im bothered about its the health of the plant, i need to get dialled in her feeding habits so i can maximize her potenial, when growing in dwc this is the most important stage, once you have found her happy medium the rest is straight forward

i couldnt tell if her leaves were nute burn or something else which is affecting her, either way ive lowered her ec and upped her ph so we will see what happens from here on in

ill keep yall posted on the progrees :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 28

my head has been in bits just latley with christmas,work and all the parties that have been taking place sorting out a trip to amsterdam not to mention smoking maxi which is pure head kandy :smoker:

my plants have been a bit neglected so its time to focus my attention back on my them, ive lowered the ec and gone back to basics to build them up , i currently have 3 sour 60s and 1 bluestreak on the go, 3 havent sexed and i have 1 confirmed female hopefully i can pull my finger out my ass and take these across the finish line in style :)

heres some latest pics all buckets are on ec .6 and ph 5.6 - 6.0 not all plants are 28 days old thats just for my reference

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seedling

Looks like your back on track mate! Good to see tht plants looking up, always a pleasure to follow your grows. Keep green and dont stress to much... its just not worth it.

dargo

"Sour 60" should be called "Sour, 60 Different Phenotypes" you might have problems growing them all from the same res (are they in the same res?), I found that each sour 60 I grew required a different feeding scedual, if any atall some loved a feed, others would brown there tips at the sight of a nutriant.

Hope everything picks up for you

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
thanks for the support guys

dargo you are actually bang on with your advice i wish you could of chipped in sooner, the slightest bit of overfeed and they get a bit fussy, obviously i realised this at the wrong time so now im having to track back to basics again as i was over doing it with the nutes, im guessing this is because of the blueberry influence as i know blueberry is a very light feeder and over doing it in the slightest and she will punish ya,

this was also obvious in my blue cheese grow where the plants are influenced by the blueberry and were very light feeders now i have this worked out they should be a piece of piss to grow with little fuss

i always grow in seperate res for the exact reason you mentioned, different phenos will require different feeds ;)

as an educated guess im gonna say that bluestreak is gonna be the same in terms of feed due to the berry traits, obviously with it being my first time growing these i was unsure which trait would be the strongest buts its clear that the berry has a hold on the sour 60 feeding habits

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Tminus 0 days until take off for that one that has shown sex keep and eye on her, she might need more nutes since she changes so fast! Looking really good buddy, cant wait to see your yield of her...

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Tminus 0 days until take off for that one that has shown sex keep and eye on her, she might need more nutes since she changes so fast! Looking really good buddy, cant wait to see your yield of her...

i dont think she will yield big because of the poor start i made with over feeding her but id happily take an oz dry ;)

its amazing how quickly stuff happens when you get dialled in, ive managed to sort my shit out and the plants are showing incredible speed and health especially the young 1's , so after a shaky start things are on the up :)

the blue streak is around 15 days old today with no signs of showing sex so this is a massive boost for the potenial of being female, again i think i was over feeding slightly so ive eased back and new growth looks good

my 2 new sour 60s are flying along much better than the original 2 that i started out with they look so healthy and are growing at a fast rate

starting to get a fresh smell from my grow room its not skunky and it aint fruity its hard to put my finger on it at the minute its a bit zesty

anyways heres a few pics of the plants as they stand 1st up is my blue streak

picture.php

picture.php

new sour 60s about 7 days old

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

massive improvement im back in the driving seat :good: (double posted 1 of the pics ooppps)

uptosumpn

Veteran
WOW! just found this thread and read all 47 posts......

First off lovin da strain seections....

See that ya been havin a lil" up & dwns in the early stages....<while reading, I said it was over feeding too..., glad ya got it figured out!!!

Cant wait to see how these babies do in DWC!!!!!

SUBBED!!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 34

all buckets are on .7 ec and ph 5.7-6.0

my biggest sour 60 hasnt stretched much but this is entirley my fault for messing up at the start, 1st time i fuked up in dwc but the show must go on, the smell erupting from my tent is nothing like what i have grown in the past in fact this is a 1st for me with some very fresh odurs emerging

bluestreak is around 19 days old and still hasnt sexed yet im not sure entirley when they are meant to show there gender, the size isnt the biggest ive seen but the health is good

my 2 latest sour 60's are 12 days old and are looking great im expecting all 3 plants to show sex in the next 7 days just in time for christmas :)

pics sour 60's up 1st

picture.php

picture.php

12 days old

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

19 days old bluestreak

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i know its early days with the sour 60s but im beggining to think they maybe a little over hyped, ive never grown plants that are so sensitive to nutrient burn in dwc or maybe this strain just isnt suited for hydro or maybe im still on a come down after my last grow and im expecting to much to soon ???

i have another confirmed sour 60 female who has sexed after only 13 days which is an all time record for me the bluestreak still hasnt sexed yet after nearly 20 days and i have 1 remaining sour 60 to confirm sex but looking at the size its probabaly a male because they always grow the biggest and fastest or maybe this is a suprise pheno???

were having some major cold temps here in the uk and my temps are only just holding up at around 72 degrees but i prefer my temps a little higher, either way the plants seem to be doing ok so far, lets hope i can maximize at least 1 of these sour 60s and get a nice return on a piss poor start :)

the big sour 60 has very sativa leaves and a sativa influence so im guessing this explains her sensitivity to nutes as sat dom plants like smaller dosage feeds and im also starting to get a faint whiff of blueberry (my favourite)

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Lookin good, all of the sour60 i have grown had very thin leaves, espicallly when they start to fill out... But her smoke is far from a sativa dom plant... I harvested mine from 60 days until 70 days and all in betweenmy favorites were the ones after day 65, perfrect balance of heavy and mind lifting smoke

Looks like your big sour60 stil isnt happy in the hydro setup... I wonder why... I do think its still way soon to judge a strain just because its not doing so hot with the current setup... How old is that sour60? I remember thinking when my sour60 were going, did i stunt these? Then they took off out of know where man, growing 2 inches per day under my 150watt hps...those are results.. You could have got a freak pheno that is specically senstive to nutes.. and remember less is more.

Ive seen what you can do with your hydro buckets and led... And ive seen what sour60 has done in EVERYBODYS cab that has ran it... You cant argue with results, i know these are gonna turn out amazing!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yeah hold tight if any 1 will pull this grow off its gonna be me ;)

im just documenting my findings as i havent seen anybody grow sour 60 in dwc every grow i have seen has been in soil or coco etc which aint quite the same as the dro way of life

i think every hydro s60 grow i have seen has never been completed but i can assure you that i will see it through to the end then anybody else who wishes to have a go can use this as guideline :)

although if any of you good peeps has any links to grow diarys in hydro with these strains feel free to pm me as i like a good read

as for that bigger plant she has made a good recovery all be it a bit late but ill take what ever she has to offer and focus my main attention on the new additions and go for maximum effect

cheers for the support and tips its appreciated

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I like the positive attitude skotty! I bet your plants do also...one day i plan on running soem dwc, just to give it a try, see if ive got a knack for it like you do, when i do i will have loads of questions for ya, untill then keep rocking the deep water culture!

S

SexInTheCity

It's great to see a thread with prol3lems, l3ut to see the OP strive and push through the rough rains & winds is even greater, prol3lem or not I think this is a great thread phor the Auto-phlowering community, I'm on around 12-15 generation with my masterlow....anyways the l3ud will l3e nice, mayl3e not the l3est yeild, l3ut the l3ud will l3e nice, mark my words.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
not to be to presumptious but i think i have a full house of lovely ladies :dance013: 4 out of 4 is a great recovery from regular seeds, couldnt of asked for a better outcome

all the roots in all the buckets are in the res so im expecting some explosive growth over the coming 2 weeks

ill update with pics accordingly

have a nice christmas everyone woop woop :xmastree:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
quick boxing day update

i have 4 confirmed ladies and im certain i have 2 different phenos of sour 60 going on

ive got a nice blueberry fragrance but i think thats mainly the bluestreak where the sour 60's have a very earthy zesty smell, im expecting that to change when they hit bud production

heres a few pics of how there doing, now they have all showed sex lets see how much they stretch :)

i cant remeber how old but they range from 19 - 37 days old

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the intrest guys, if you followed my old grows then you know what to expect ;)

my little girls have taken off they are literally growing as im typing this, have to say that this is my fav part of the grow cause you never know when there gonna top out :)

i think 20/4 said they should stretch around day 30 but i make it day 20, ill up some pics in a couple of days to gauge their speed and height

Latest posts

Latest posts