What's new

hbd and s60 in dwc under the l.e.d

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
even though ive messed this grow up i have to say that l.e.d lights do produce the most amount of trichs on your plants, im proper impressed with the covering on the s60

enlarge the pics for best results ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice skotty, she looks much happier now.. the leaves look sweet.
I hope they keep budding up for you

I'm definetly tempted by an LED, hopefully the prices will come down a little this year.. (i know it should probably be treated as an investment and will pay for itself in bud and electricity etc etc but the initial cost is scary)

ps they almost look seeded in a couple of those pictures?

homebrew420

So skotty how much long have they got? amazing trich production. I was fairly sceptical of the growth especially the flower potential with LEDs but a group I work with is now using a prototype from some company. I am impressed! By yours as well. Nice job by the way, and too bad about the meter. that alway is a pain, out the money and a grow.

Peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
mate led lights produce bud FACT and not only do they produce bud they produce frosty buds :)

this is not 1 of my trophy grows infact ill put my hands up and say its my worst grow ive ever conducted in the 14 months ive been growing lol but that is purley my errors

she is flushing now cause ive had a bit of a dilemma with my led light 2 of the l.e.d lights are not lighting up so the panel is being shipped back to the manufacturer

im currently using 250 watt blue cfl which is vegging my blue venom

i did go to purchase a 250 watt hps light in the week and wanted the lumatek digital ballast but they were out of stock and i wouldnt accept the magnetic type ballast, the digital ballast has a lumen control switch where you can set the power to 30% upto super lumens which i thought was a sound idea

im keeping my options open and looking for the best deal

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Woohoo! HPS AND LED thats what im talking about! I actually wanna add an LED to run next to my HPS in my current setup...

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
nah mate you miss understood im not looking to run both together,

the hps was to fill the gap while i wait for my new led panel to arrive as oppose to cfl

i will buy a 250 watt hps kit with diamond reflector and lumitek digital ballast and keep it for emergency backup in case of any future miss haps :)

im well and truly in the led camp now ive seen what it can achieve with my own eyes ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
so here is a pic of my led light which is showing the 2 lights that are malfunctioning :(

picture.php

so i contacted hydrogrowled and spoke to the team over in the usa about the problem and they asked me to check that the power supply inside the case is not affecting the leds, they sent me a detailed diagram of how to do this procedure and the result showed that it wasnt a faulty power supply :(

they requested me to send the light back to them and they will refund the charges so i set up a collection with ups which cost me £157 to ship the light back to the manufacturers and its being picked up tommorow by ups

hydrogrowled have without hesitation refunded the full £157 back into my account with in a matter of 24 hours of me sending them the reciept and i arrived home today to find a brand new 345 watt led panel waiting for me :)

now with all the bad press hydrogrowled got in the past i can honestly say that the service i have just recieved has to be the best in town, not only have i reiceved a brand new replacement light in less time than its took me to send mine back they also paid for the shipment of my faulty light

i honestly take my hat off to them and can not recommened them enough if you wanna buy an led panel

im by no means trying to promote them im just telling people of my dealings with this comapny and with all the bad press they got i think they deserve credit when they get something right

im 1 happy uk grower right about now much respect

and here is pics of my brand new led light :):dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

ive not had time to set it up yet but ill get some pics of it when i do

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sweet, nice result mate..

How much would a 345w run me these days?

What sort of coverage/spread does it have?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
im actually stoked right now of how quick and well its all been handled im literally blown away :)

the light initally cost £600 iirc but has paid for itself 3 x over in just 2 succsefull grows and it has a 3 year warranty

my tent is 120 x 80 x 180 and it covers that space no problems

i think the light is best suited in a tent 1m x 1m x 2m

and it has no trouble vegging your plants either

picture.php

Alright Skotty mate, haven't seen ya seen ya left THCTalk! Good to see ya still bubblin away mate, and those LED lights look killer!

Subbed in mate (always late lol)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
long time no see fam :) hope everythings good your end

yeah its my 3rd grow with the led light and i made some major boo boo's this time round and its nowhere near as good as my previous offerings but thats the joys of growing hopefully ill make a menze next round ;)

what brings you over here on the auto scene ??

you checking out mitchs grow?? shame about the 10 plant limit on thc lol

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
have to say that the sour 60 tastes fooking naughty :)

had a burn last night an was more than impressed with her flavour and buzz, she had some sort of weird twang zingy taste to her and left my tongue tingling and the effects were real sociable uplifting high, had a few close freinds round and made a night of it with some hysterical laughter and random chat

id deffo grow her out again and she should be added on every 1s list of strains to grow at least once just to experience her unique flavour

definatley not the strongest plant ive grown but the effects are a laugh and she does leave you wanting more

im curious cause now i wanna see these other phenos lol

8/10

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
have to say that the sour 60 tastes fooking naughty :)

had a burn last night an was more than impressed with her flavour and buzz, she had some sort of weird twang zingy taste to her and left my tongue tingling and the effects were real sociable uplifting high, had a few close freinds round and made a night of it with some hysterical laughter and random chat

id deffo grow her out again and she should be added on every 1s list of strains to grow at least once just to experience her unique flavour

definatley not the strongest plant ive grown but the effects are a laugh and she does leave you wanting more

im curious cause now i wanna see these other phenos lol

8/10

Im glad to see the sour60 treated you to a great time, im still waiting for the day you start a few of them and get one that yieled 3+ ozs :) Greatjob though mate, aint nothin better than sittin around a table with you friends laughing hysterically from the effects of the bud you grew! :smoke out: Very satisfying...

P.s. id love to see a sour60 budshot:tiphat:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i dont have any major buds left its all smaller bits cause she is nearly all gone,not that she yielded a massive amount anyways but this is about all i have left

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

homebrew420

wow nice and frosty! LEDs seem to have done you just fine, that is great to hear. I feel I too will be using some in the months to come. Nice job!

Peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Wow those buds are very frosty, well done mate, i hope you enjoy the smoke... I think im gonna start 1-3 sour60s to add some variety to the next group of autos i start...I CANT DECIDE WHICH TO RUN NEXT!