What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazed starting over! Time to convert? Help!

Hazed

Critical Mass seeds should be popped and run.......Never threw anything out till I knew first hand instead of hearsay Bro.......

Good luck and waitin on a "Hazed" return......

Peace...DHF......:ying:.....

Was kinda thinkin the same way but needed a little nudge from an old pro. Got 18 Critical mass (Mr Nice), and 5 NYD f3 seeds(crazy Monk) in coco next to the wood heater! Thanks!

agreed, pop em, people w poor exp just got poor phenos or no skills.... jk
crack dem beans
Haha, yeah I know it is sometimes the fools who cry out the loudest, lol. Crackin dem beans! Thanks!

just a heads up man.. anything u know that offgasses.. id toss in the trash.. honestly. tyga just had a offgassing prob a while back .. and that shit scared me to death lol. i cant afford to lose a rooom full of plants.. i built my rooms from wood. and pandafilm and some reflectix.. lol iunno good luck dude.. hope everything works out for the best .

Thanks for the visit BasementGrower!
As I was spraying "great stuff" into the cracks and voids in that make shift grow room I was figuring theres no way I would have problems with off gassing with the 880 cfm fan capacity.

Sure as hell, just as soon as the weather got cold and I had to shut the fans down. That was about the time sht started happening!
Thank you so much for the reminder, and yeah I wont do that again!

Plants are lookin much better after a week in a decent room!

Got 4, 6' tall girls that lost all theyre bottom growth. These plants (WW, THCB, NYCD 69) are keepers so Im going to use the upper growth for clones and see if they will regrow the lower half, otherwise toss em.
Workin on the 4 chemdog IBL's (Rez) tonight and they are lookin pretty good, just as soon as they fill the buckets with roots, and I see roots on the clones, it will be 12/12 time!:dance013:

UPDATE: 01-12-2013

Note to self!
Self: Next time dont set the seedling tray so damned close to the wood heater, and ya wont end up with 4" tall seedlings!

18 Critical mass and 5 NYCD.

Veg plants are already shaping up, going to setup one of my fancy spur of the moment, budget grow rooms and will be back in a few days so ya all can admire my handy work, lol...Hazed

Hazed

Indoor grow

Indoor grow

So I built this little 5'x5' rig so I can veg/bloom my big plants.
The pots/bags will sit on steel roofing I had to remove to paint. Gotta load up the bitches, do a little pruning and get ready for work tomorrow.
Edited the above post and added a pic of the new babies, 18- Critical Mass, and 5 freeb NYCD from Crazy Monk.
Catcha in a few days, hope everyone is doing good...Hazed

D

DHF

Back in the saddle again..........Just remember that with fast hydro , solution temp means everything .......especially in winter where sub-65 degree juice can shut plants down , so......

Instead of a chiller fer summer temps , aquarium heaters help with smaller wintertime hydro setups my buddy......Good luck and glad ta see yas back around.......

Peace....Freds........:ying:......

Hazed

Back in the saddle again..........Just remember that with fast hydro , solution temp means everything .......especially in winter where sub-65 degree juice can shut plants down , so......

Instead of a chiller fer summer temps , aquarium heaters help with smaller wintertime hydro setups my buddy......Good luck and glad ta see yas back around.......

Peace....Freds........:ying:......

Back in the coco coir for the last time bro.
Bought a case of Blumats last yr and still had a few bricks of coco left so thought I would give it a shot!

Figured the rain gutters would allow me to run DTW if/when I get fed up with the blumats,lol.
Might be a long veg gettin the girls ready, think I will have to top em. I will take a few pics as soon as I can... Good to see ya, and good to be back!..Hazed

P.S. Sure hope that winter storm you guys had didn't kill the fruit/veg crops! Stay warm!

picture.php

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Rule of thumb`s always been to keep the tips of bare bulbs even with the tops of the plants until complete end of stretch Bro...then....

Once they`re in full swellage mode , drop the bulbs down where the mogul socket is even with the tops of the plants till end of cycle.....

Good luck...DHF.....:ying:......
That is awesome, im a little over two weeks away from my first vert and was wondering about the bulb(s). That is exactly what i needed to know. I'm gonna write that down to show my partner.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Tree fruits are good as the temp has not gotten to low yet. I wonder about the grapes though as we don't have the snow cover to protect them from the extreme cold should we get it.

D

DHF

Tree fruits are good as the temp has not gotten to low yet. I wonder about the grapes though as we don't have the snow cover to protect them from the extreme cold should we get it.
Didn`t know yas were deeper in Hell than I am Icky with yer grapes and tree fruits on the vine......but.......

Last Thursday`s 4-6" snow and residual ice dump in my neck of the woods fucked up a buncha shit from their potential beginnings when springtime hits , and that`s when grocery prices`ll increase......guaranteed........

Got Apple , Peach , and Plum trees in my cowpasture on the fencelines and they take care of Fredville every yr with cannin and freezing , but we don`t like that cold froze shit down here.......and.....

The market`s controlled by Corporate Mega million acre setups that squawl and bitch when freak winter shit happens cuz it don`t hurt shit and profits increase exponentially when all the lil guy farmers suffer......me ?......

All my potential budsites on my fruit trees are mostly gone cuz they`re heirloom varieties I`ve had for 30 yrs , and my grape vines get cut back every December for the next run , but .......

That genetically engineered "glow in the dark" Monsanto bred bulletproof shit thrives on thru thick and thin while uppin profits for the big boys in the midst of adversity and inclement weather conditions........

I`m a bit biased or could yas tell......anyways....Thanks for the thoughts Hazed , here`s hopin for your future dialage and regular scheduled rotations......

Peace......Freds.......:ying:.....

Hazed

Mister_D,
Thanks! Cant loose this fight, unless ya call staying freakin assed stoned for the rest of my life loosin, lol.
Yup but gonna be some work gettin things to come together.
Got some questions about cheap nutrients if ya gotta little spare time for pm or whatever. Best to you...Hazed

frankenstein2,
Thanks for looking at my thread! DHF and a buncha other growers here skewl me every time they post! Best growin forum and community I have found, these guys are top notch!

Ichabod Crane, Heya IC, told ya I would be back to haunt ya guys, lol.
Never seen grapes winter kill, but Im up near the Canada border so were probably talkin different breeds. Concords never die, they just give shitty crops due to hard winters.
Just do what I do when I get stressed, SMOKE A BOWL, Tag the old lady, kick the dog...find a poker game!
Seriously, I hope everything is good with you and your crops, best wishes brutha...Hazed

DHF, Produce managers I used to do business with told me the same thing. Look for higher prices.
Honestly though. We grow a garden (big one) and all I really worry about is Yuma, AZ Watermelon, and those Texas pink grapefruits!
Don't know your background in orchard, but we use chem thinners on the apples and pears, otherwise they alternate and have uneven crops. If not thinned, one fruit spur will grow a clump of apples/pears every other year. If I could be of any help to ya in that area, I would be happy to help out bro!
If the peach tree is over 5 yrs old and healthy, then don't sweat it. takes a deep frost to kill an established peach tree.

IMO the Corp chem and Corp farms are a product of the government we have and it sounds to me like our Government will be selling us even more Brazilian Veg/fruits (inundated with Monsanto and DOW technologies that are no longer labeled for use in America) this summer.
Welp better smoke a bowl before I get ta talkin about what happens when someone comes and asks me for my gunz, lol...Hazed

D

DaveTheNewbie

IMO the Corp chem and Corp farms are a product of the government we have and it sounds to me like our Government will be selling us even more Brazilian Veg/fruits (inundated with Monsanto and DOW technologies that are no longer labeled for use in America) this summer.

doesn't that just give you the shits !
its illegal to do it here cause its not healthy, so we will do it in a foreign country and them import the product anyway.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am in northern Michigan. We have a large wine industry here and the grapes for that can be sensitive to hard freezes. Our temps are moderated by the big lakes which keep it fairly warm. But when the lakes get cold and freeze over we get cold snaps that can kill the grape plants and damage some of the fruit trees. The grapes can handle the cold snaps if they are buried under snow because the snow keeps them warmer than the sub zero temps.

Mister_D

Veteran
Mister_D,
Thanks! Cant loose this fight, unless ya call staying freakin assed stoned for the rest of my life loosin, lol.
Yup but gonna be some work gettin things to come together.
Got some questions about cheap nutrients if ya gotta little spare time for pm or whatever. Best to you...Hazed

You know i'll always make time for my vert brothers and sisters :biggrin:. Fire away in pm or here in your thread.

D

DHF

I am in northern Michigan. We have a large wine industry here and the grapes for that can be sensitive to hard freezes. Our temps are moderated by the big lakes which keep it fairly warm. But when the lakes get cold and freeze over we get cold snaps that can kill the grape plants and damage some of the fruit trees. The grapes can handle the cold snaps if they are buried under snow because the snow keeps them warmer than the sub zero temps.
I see now Icky.....

Peace....DHF......:ying:.....

Hazed

DaveTheNewbie,
You got that right! Several yrs ago Interstate Battery was looking for a place to build a plant. EPA wouldn't have that sht happening around the river, so they built the plant just across the Canada border (upstream), lol. Gave the jobs away and forced them to build upstream!
Just wait till we can only spray BT's and hydrogen peroxide on our fruit trees, US Apples will be 5.00 a lb, and australian Braeburns will be sittin right next to them @ .99 a lb,lol, glad I quit farmin the legal sht! Thanks for posting, take care...Hazed

Ichabod Crane,
Ah I understand now. We are in WA near the Canada border. We don't have the lake effect and the air is cold and dry, real hard on fruit wood. We do get the snow though, Im driving on 6" of compact snow with 2-3" of powder on top every day.When this sht breaks up its gonna be a mess!

We used to grow acres of Strawberries, and never had much winter damage till the late 1980's on (total devastation the first bad winter), and adapted by using straw mulch which of coarse ties up available nitrogen as it breaks down, and nurtures every fkn kind of mold spore you could dream of, weed seeds...
If I kicked the Pit, he would just lick my hand, but the alpha dog (pomeranian) would fkn shred me! Good luck on those crops bro!

Mister_D
Thanks, I know your busy these days!
Wondering if Jacks classic GP 20-20-20 and botanicare cal mag would get me through this coco grow (at least veg) if I get the right mix.
Been runnin the following with Hannah ppm:

Tap...........= 80 ppm (up a bit from normal)
Cal-Mag.....= 160 ppm (botanicare)
FF Grow big= 210 ppm
Total......= 450 ppm

SM 90 @ 2ml per gal
PH down to 5.5

Do ya think I could substitute the JC for the FF and get decent results?
Otherwise say the word and I will go to the Hydro-whore and buy some of that expensive sht with the really cool art work on the labels! Appreciate the help bro, best to ya...Hazed

P.S. I know I need to spend some more time in the Nutes forum!

Guys, My boss has been sendin me home lately cause this boomin economy aint producing sht for orders. Back to school for more certs and workin nights when I can so I will probably be reading your threads on the cell and posting from the pc on weekends, I appreciate ya all checkin in on me, and wish the best on ya, have a great week...Hazed

Mister_D

Veteran
Mister_D,
Thanks, I know your busy these days!
Wondering if Jacks classic GP 20-20-20 and botanicare cal mag would get me through this coco grow (at least veg) if I get the right mix.
Been runnin the following with Hannah ppm:

Tap...........= 80 ppm (up a bit from normal)
Cal-Mag.....= 160 ppm (botanicare)
FF Grow big= 210 ppm
Total......= 450 ppm

SM 90 @ 2ml per gal
PH down to 5.5

Do ya think I could substitute the JC for the FF and get decent results?
Otherwise say the word and I will go to the Hydro-whore and buy some of that expensive sht with the really cool art work on the labels! Appreciate the help bro, best to ya...Hazed

P.S. I know I need to spend some more time in the Nutes forum!

I was actually looking into this very thing recently. Yes you could likely substute 20-20-20 for the FF. I used it very successfully in promix for a couple years, never tried it in coco. Be something like 2 grams per gal. for coco (i'll get you an exact number if go this route). That said if I was going this route I'd start with plantex solutions complete 17-5-17. JC 20-20-20 is mostly urea form nitrogen, not ideal for cannabis. The plantex is all nitrate nitrogen which herb prefers. At 2.5 grams per gal. you get a profile very similar to h3ads ratio, should work well in coco without the need for regular additions of cal/mag.

Last edited:

Hazed

I was actually looking into this very thing recently. Yes you could likely substute 20-20-20 for the FF. I used it very successfully in promix for a couple years, never tried it in coco. Be something like 2 grams per gal. for coco (i'll get you an exact number if go this route). That said if I was going this route I'd start with plantex solutions complete 17-5-17. JC 20-20-20 is mostly urea form nitrogen, not ideal for cannabis. The plantex is all nitrate nitrogen which herb prefers. At 2.5 grams per gal. you get a profile very similar to h3ads ratio, should work well in coco without the need regular additions of cal/mag.

Guess the JC will end up on the lawn this summer!
I will look around for the plantex solutions complete! Thanks for the help, I will read more of these nute threads when I have time, so I don't have to bug ya, lol.

My first grows with a buddy when we were kids, we used Jacks (then was Peters) and pro mix. Local garden store had the stuff in zip lock bags with hand written "GROW" and "BLOSSOM" in felt pen. I remember some dark green almost artificial looking plants that produced smoke that would make ya hack up a lung,lol.
Vert bulbs them days, with home made flat round 4' diameter aluminum reflectors over the vert bare bulb.

B

BasementGrower

nice man.. nice.. ya tyga had a prob with offgassing.. and a friend of mine who grew like back in 03. was using a tent that offgassed.. and it was like i cant remember 8x8 or 10x8 .. thing had 4 1000s in it.. and 400 plants in 1 gallon grow bags.. and he didnt get a harvest really because of the fact it was offgassing so bad everything looked like crap. i felt bad for the guy .. so i helped him setup a real room.. we put up the walls with studs and then used waterproof sheetrock. and bam hes been pullin 2 lbs per light.. 8 lbs every month on a flip flop.. hes doing just fine now.

Hazed

Hey guys, the problem evidentally was off gassing. New room and healthy plants now!
Found a hell of a job and been working massive hrs. I put the girls in soil and automated everything so I can just swing by the house and check on them every 3 days.

Hope your all doing well, when I have time I will post some pics and have a few questions.
Going to hit all your threads over the next 8 hrs and try to get caught up, best to you...Hazed