What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazed starting over! Time to convert? Help!

Hazed

Hazed - Nothing wrong with a lil math :biggrin:, just that many new growers don't understand there is two ppm scales and many people don't note which they are using. In real world terms if you are working at 500ppm @ .5 conversion pen but don't state that it is .5 conversion, another person might come along and try to copy your feed program with a .7 conversion pen and burn the fuck out of their plants. 200 ppm can be a big difference in the upper limits. As for the claw, some plants are over sensitive to nutes. My jack for instance gets the claw with anything above 1 EC, she's happiest at .8 EC. The romulan on the other hand will take 1.5 EC before she starts showing signs of stress. Both stay very happy @ .8 EC veg through flower. I just manipulate the nutrient profile (ratios) though out. Like freds has been sayin for probably 20 years..... less is more.

I got ya! Added a disclaimer to the beginning of the thread!
Thank you icmag, for allowing dumb fks like me to go back and edit stuff!
Rather than a squirt of dis and 2 squirts of dat I will start either being more precise or will just shut the hell up,lol.

~Really need to just settle on a nute line and stick with it~

Gonna follow FHC with Botanicare line next run I think. He is a hell of a good grower, and seems to understand dumb farmers, lol.

Three plants filled a 12' long closet with some nice sticky buds, got a fan on a filter slowly circulating air for the 5 day hang.
Today is day 5 so I'm getting the scissors and pipe ready for some fun!
Got the day off but also have a big job on the side, so catchaz all lataz...Hazed

Hazed

11/13

11/13

Awrighty, deleted the text from this double post and will add some pics.
The two remaining plants in the doughnut, NYD and THCB #4,

And the scrog,

Some HK in the foreground, and that THCB taking about 70% of the screen.

I have an idea for the next bloom that should drive everyone nuts,lol. Gotta prepare to work my a$$ off this week so catcha later...Hazed

P.S.
Couple picks of a trimmed bud from that THCB #4

Last edited:

Hazed

Isn't that Killians a little upscale for redneck. Maybe a Pabst blue ribbon would be better, less pretentious.

I figured what the hell, so the family dont get to go to the drive inn movies this month!
I actually prefer the banquet beer.:tiphat:

Pulled those last two outta the doughnut tonight. The diesel might have sat there a few more days but the THCB #4 was done so off went that 1k light.

Pulled a little scrawny white widow from the scrog, and man does she stink pretty!:biggrin:

This crop is really going to help out! Thanks guys...Hazed

rocky one

If you add the dolomite lime it will raise the PH of the coco. To combat that I run water threw the coco before I use it. This supposedly replaces the excess potassium with the calcium and magnesium. If you do not flush this you may get lock out because your coco's PH will be to high.

Sure bout this? Coco should be pH 7 straight from the bag and dolomite lime should bring and buffer pH to 7. Also guys from organic soil are talking bout the toxicity of dolomite lime. This isn't a problem if you aren't going to recycle your coco but if you are you should cut the lime. At least for the re-uses of that batch. Also dolomite lime takes its time to kick in.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here. Give me some info worth reading.

Hazy You're natural born donut killer. Awesome.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I don't use lime when I rework my coco. One time is all, the first time I mix my coco. Yes lime can be toxic to your coco if not rinsed, that is why I reposted that I rinse it.

Hazed

Cal mag

Cal mag

rocky one,
Thanks for the kind words man, things actually turned out a lot better than I thought. Should have dry weights in a couple weeks. Still waiting on that THCB Sativa pheno! Thanks for the visit bro...

P.S. Take it easy on my buddy IC, hes one of the few around here who puts up with my sht, lol.
Ichabod Crane,
Most of the coco in this next grow will be used stuff. Was planning to just rinse well and pre-charge with a low ppm of "cal mag special" . Then will just run cal mag special the whole run, along with sm90, silica blast, drip clean, suggestions...___________?
picture.php

There is a chance this next run wont survive since I don't have any kind of auto backup for when the power goes out, and will likely be at work when that happens so wont be there to fire up the gen.

Im going to take 5 clones of each worthwhile pheno I have found, grab my favorite males and keep them in the house this winter, and just bloom the whole fuckin veg and hope for the best, lol.

Put some big girls around a 600 bare bulb, and back light with two 1k doughnuts

In the mean while I will be working on clones for future mono crops, and poppin Sativa seeds for a jungle grow starting Feb or whenever the cold weather mellows a bit.

Thanks all, we truly rocked these scrawny bitches! :tiphat:
Definitely one of the best and easiest to manage crops I have had. I will never revert! Vert Lifer here!

D

DHF

Another con-vert....:moon:......

Once the runs under yer belt level out with dialin each monocropped strain/variety/hybrid , all things fall into place and then its.......

Simple..Babyshit.....

Keep dialin Bro......Freds....:ying:.......

rocky one

P.S. Take it easy on my buddy IC, hes one of the few around here who puts up with my sht, lol.

Yo bro, thanks for the rep. I should mention that my intentions are never hostile. Just straight talk without ass k***ng and such unnecessary bs.

Hope everything is ok.

Hazed

Hey guys Im fine, just havent had good internet access for a while and busy as hell working.
I moved the keepers into a bedroom in the house for the winter and am working on popping seeds and cloning a sht load, so I can run a mono crop or two of big girls this spring, and have some nice outdoor plants too.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Probably be back around after I recover from New Years Eve!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice garden hazed, not bad at all for a start over run, setting things back up as the grow just.... grows.
also tons of great info in this thread thanks to Mr. D, DHF, & Ich.
thanks yall for the good info. its threads like this where everything is NOT perfect where the learnign happens, not to shit talk threads where everything runs smooth and works fine and is perfectly dialed, just more to learn when problem solving is goin on in the garden.

good lookin once again keep up the updates.

Hazed

nice garden hazed, not bad at all for a start over run, setting things back up as the grow just.... grows.
also tons of great info in this thread thanks to Mr. D, DHF, & Ich.
thanks yall for the good info. its threads like this where everything is NOT perfect where the learnign happens, not to shit talk threads where everything runs smooth and works fine and is perfectly dialed, just more to learn when problem solving is goin on in the garden.

good lookin once again keep up the updates.

Good to see ya Avinash, thanks for the kind words too bro. I have enjoyed your threads and always lookin for more good reading/learning from you.
If ya like to see things done in worst fkn scenario, you definately came to the right place :)! Respect...Hazed

D

DHF

Good to see ya Avinash, thanks for the kind words too bro. I have enjoyed your threads and always lookin for more good reading/learning from you.
If ya like to see things done in worst fkn scenario, you definately came to the right place :)! Respect...Hazed
It only gets better my buddy.....bet on it.........

Gladta see yas okies thru the winter months.......Holler when yas get backta gardenin Bro........

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

Hazed

It only gets better my buddy.....bet on it.........

Gladta see yas okies thru the winter months.......Holler when yas get backta gardenin Bro........

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

Good to see you Freds!
Thanks to you guys helpin, I did manage to pull 25oz outta those scrawny bitches!
~25 oz of the stickiest stinkiest, stoniest sht anyone around here has seen for a while~
We had a great holiday and hope you all had a good one too!

Glad to see ya 'round Hazed! Hope the new year is treatin' you well so far, .. All 144 hours or so, .. :joint:
Good to see you too Silver! Been missin you guys due to fkd up weather and shty wireless reception on the mountain. I have been trying to keep up with ya threads by cellphone! Hope ya had a good one and wishin ya the best for 2013!

2 questions for anyone who cares to take a look,

1. The veg got kinda neglected (50-75f w/25-35% RH) for a while (months). Finally ripped the carpet out and painted a spare room.
Chopped and burned the phenos I didnt care much for, and been holdin the good girls @ 70%RH and 75-80f for the past week.
I flushed everyone, and noted the PH of the runoff was 6.5-6.8, and the PPM with Hannah was around 250 ppm (tap is about 69ppm).
Thinkin maybe I actually hit them girls with to much Calcium?
Leaves yellowed,dried,fell off from the bottom up, and in the growth points the young leaves curled up on the edges (bad) and small leaves twisted.
Here is three pics of one plant which fortunately was not a keeper (Hindu Kush). ~The keepers look pretty good and are getting potted up to 3 gallon today!

Question #2
I have a some critical mass seeds, and would like a little input from you guys.
I have read many smoke reports and they go from "yeah its fuckin powerful" to "ach it suks"
Im guessin the "ach it suks" might be coming from someone who doesnt like the breeder.
So honest opinions please, Pop em, or flush em?
I only have 3 good keepers (pheno>strain) and gotta keep movin on so I can keep folks happy!

D

DHF

Critical Mass seeds should be popped and run.......Never threw anything out till I knew first hand instead of hearsay Bro.......

Good luck and waitin on a "Hazed" return......

Peace...DHF......:ying:.....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
agreed, pop em, people w poor exp just got poor phenos or no skills.... jk
crack dem beans

B

BasementGrower

just a heads up man.. anything u know that offgasses.. id toss in the trash.. honestly. tyga just had a offgassing prob a while back .. and that shit scared me to death lol. i cant afford to lose a rooom full of plants.. i built my rooms from wood. and pandafilm and some reflectix.. lol iunno good luck dude.. hope everything works out for the best .