What's new

Haze lighting question.....

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am going to be doing a test grow of this strain but I am doubting myself with having enough light to do it justice.

Indoors.

Veg : 2 65w CFL's for the first 2-3 nodes and then switch to a 400w MH.

Flower: Same 2 CFL's on the outside edges and switch to a 400w HPS.

MASH (Master Kush Skunk x Afg. Haze)

This is a limited edition seed that has well established roots in the Afghan dominant side of plant expression. The Master Kush is a proven winner along with the Skunk and Haze sides of this complex hybrid, and the phenotype of this seed are all trustworthy for all levels of grower. A packet of seed will allow for all types of selection and will yield better than average, with the twist of sativa (Haze) influence. A pleasure for those who like complex blends and a range of flavour that may not be on offer from so many other hybrids. For the medical grower there is everything you need in these genetics…it will be down to the individual to select the best mother that will suit all one's needs…the range will be from a strong expression of narcotic Afghans to the euphoria of the Haze ! Expect it to finish to flower between 8-10 weeks, and with a yield of 400 grams-500 grams per square meter indoors and a very heavy outdoor yield. Grown outdoors pay attention to early rains …but a plant most all of us will be content to have in our garden at some stage.

Heritage: Master Kush Skunk x Afghan Haze

Category: Exclusive limited editions - New blends of old school genetics

Family of breed: 50% Afghan, 25% Skunk , 25%Haze-Thai /Columbian/Mexican

Breeder: Nevil and Shantibaba

Preferred medium: bio and hydro, outdoors/greenhouse

Expected yield: a yield of 400 grams-550 grams per square meter indoors and a very heavy outdoor yield

Flowering period: Expect Indoor growing to be between 8 to 10 weeks depending the side to the phenotype you select.In an outdoor grow in the northern hemisphere by early to mid October and in the southern hemisphere by late March to early April.

Recommendations: Not everyone wants to grow Haze plants since they think it takes a long time, however with this practical hybrid it is simply irresistible.

Special Notes: This is one of a set of 4 hybrid limited editions that have been recently remade to F1 seed.All incorporate 25% Haze and are excellent practical introductory plants for the new growers to Haze. The flavours and aromas will hook those who grow these hybrids and the yield will be more than one would think to expect. All have excellent medical applications including helping with muscular tension, pmt, ms and appetite stimulation...try it I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised.

P

perakko

i've seen people grow even hazier hybrids with 250w hps here, i'm sure you have no problems. good luck, will be interesting!

H

Hazeseeker

Hi S a H,
400w + those CFL's as additional sidelighting will be more than enough for this hybrid man:yes:, i use a single 400w as well and grew tall strains like CDxOG (including a 6ft+ pheno), SSH, NL#5xHaze, AfgHzxAfgSk (particularly tall hybrid) + Neville's Haze,
i'm excited about these test grows as well, i'm 1 of the NHS test growers:joint:,
big respect to Shanti - setting the standards big time putting out 50 testers for his new strains, mad respect for him:yes:

peace

amoril

Hey S a H, you already know im testing this one too lmao

I have the 400w CMH and some added CFL light, and im not anticipating any problems at all.

so long as youre not lighting a 5x5x7 foot space or something you should be fine too. My footprint is only 2'x2', so 400w + a lil cfl is pretty intense at 10-12" from canopy ;)

and yeah HazeSeeker, this really is impressive to have that many testers. I dont think we'll see too many others doing it though, because not many can stand behind the work theyve done with this amount of confidence. Shanti can, and fortunately for us, does.

amoril

hey Raco, I asked about that on the MNS boards too, and never got a solid response

its very possible that Shanti still has a few variants on the haze he offers, but I really dont know.

some strains list it as Thai/Colombian, and some list Mexican as well, as you pointed out. Could be a typo somewhere, or different lineages....

H

Hazeseeker

Raco - what's the:

make up of Haze?
+
make up of Skunk #1?

peace

bigherb

Veteran
raco

much respect
ikno you are quite familiar wit s.american strains id like too hear you opinion about the
o.haze if your familiar wit it n wat your descrption is

how bout that hbh r u familiar wit her

wats the beef wit mns

i do think its interestin tho to consider that makeup n the traits of terpenes were familiar wit /whats been reported nnn b4 my time

considerin our s.american n s.e. asian ibl r known to hav frankincense , incense ,spice
traits

the colombian side n thai side seem to be most spoke of
my experience wit thai strains is very limited but i wonder about the s,indian side as well ive heard reports that strains from india can be very spicy n known too hav incense types

1luvbigherb

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure...
Sacred seeds offered several(original) Hazes in the early 80´s...#s 1,2,3 & 4
but also Burning Bush,New Year´s Haze besides of several Haze hybrids :D

The Original Haze is mex,col,south indian and thai afaik :D

Skunk #1,originally colombian/mazar x mazar/colombian (squared) x mexican

Maybe youre right and there exists a mex/col/thai...:D

bigherb

Veteran
haze

First year will resemble the Mex/Colombian
Second will be more like their Indian
Third will be more like their Thai

original skunk colombian mex afghan

interestin too kno the afghan is from mazar

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you have enough enough light. and you can always add more cfl's for cheap. You can duct tape the cord to training wire and turn your cfl's in to snake lights to put more blue lumens on less dense buds. works wonders.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the words of encouragement and glad to see others on here doing the test grows.

I have two of each of these CFL's to use.

S_a_H

Attachments

• CFL's.JPG
    CFL's.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 9
  • CFL's (2).JPG
    CFL's (2).JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 8

l33t

Veteran
Hola Raco!

How is it going man? Hope you are doing well , enjoying the beginning of Summer ;)

Damn...so the haze ´69 has mexican in it...
it´s not only thia x culumbine...lolol
I know you don't accept the MNS side of the story about its Haze genetics, but I have something to add here , Shanti had posted long time ago that MNS hazes are of mostly Thai/Colombian origin (so not only Thai/Colombian).

I guess Shanti just went on with Thai/Colombian in most of his old descriptions from what he saw expressed in the plants themselves but in the new strains that were/are being released nowadays he has also added Mexican in the description. Maybe he wanted to be more precise in the new descriptions ,or maybe his other pure Haze plant/s are used in the new hybrids and these may be more Mex expressive , I don't know really ,Eitherway what I do remember is reading from Shanti that the mns Haze was described in the past as mostly Thai/Col in a description online. I think it was over hg 420 or CW maybe , too bad I hadn't saved that post as both of these sites are not up anymore and so much good info is lost.

Anyway no matter whos side of the story you believe and exactly how , when and from whom the genetics were acquired from..mns hazes are proven plants and mns hybrids are definitelly up there with any of the best sativa lines I 've tried from any other grower/breeder. Afterall as far as I m concerned , I 've seen some things that don't seem right in both the different stories (and got the proof to backup my claims) and since we aren't been given any more info on Haze and its history from the people that do know n where there , all we can do is enjoy the genetics available to us..and thats what really matters in the end
Have fun and enjoy the weekend amigo!

hi S_a_H,

as this strain is only 25% Haze you shouldnt have any prob growing it indoors with ~400watt of lighting . If you intent to grow more than ~12 plants under this lighting system tho , perhaps you could add some extra wattage so all plants get enough light. Either way just keep plants short and the lighting will be more than adequate. With 400s I wouldn't recommend growing plants taller than 2ft/60cm..and if you have probs with height you can always top or lst to make the best out of your light.
Good luck with your grow , I can't wait to see how the new lines turn out! Stay safe n keep us updated

l33t

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi S_a_H,

as this strain is only 25% Haze you shouldnt have any prob growing it indoors with ~400watt of lighting . If you intent to grow more than ~12 plants under this lighting system tho , perhaps you could add some extra wattage so all plants get enough light. Either way just keep plants short and the lighting will be more than adequate. With 400s I wouldn't recommend growing plants taller than 2ft/60cm..and if you have probs with height you can always top or lst to make the best out of your light.
Good luck with your grow , I can't wait to see how the new lines turn out! Stay safe n keep us updated

l33t

Yeah I exchanged some PM's with shanti about it and he said I should be ok with the lower % of Haze in this cross.

I am planning on starting 10 seeds and from those i'll keep one male and 4 females to use if that is I find 4 females. So hopefully i'll find some decent shorter pheno's in the mix to keep this round. He sent me 23 seeds so i'll have some to run again later on when I have more room to run some of the taller pheno's that show up.

S_a_H

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Just grow em like you would any other var,i'm sure they won't get to big if you only do a short veg cycle.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
l33t :wave:

pure clones?? WTF?
006-2.jpg

I thought they were seeds...hehe
Have a great weekend :wink:

D

Dalaihempy

Raco you seam to realy have a bee under your bonnet man but the fact is ot1 line is not haze thats not my folt or is it ace seeds but its ot1 for bull shiting just like were he lays clame to bringing in the lines that created skunk like sam needed ot1 to collect seeds.

Im a little terd but read that post thats an old one from me and as i joined the on line community in erly or mid 2002 was my newbie days on the boards when i still belived the canna community was a nice place.

I honestly cant rember what i was chatting to tal about would help if i had his top post but do know it was from my post on the test seeds i got wich were mangohaze / g13/sk and i belive shithaze but do know 100% it was mangohaze and g13/sk shithaze may of been a grow or few later.

Raco that dont matter what does matter is Nevile / shanti / sam all have real haze and the haze neville collected is diffrent to what sam has as you seam to know all relating to haze then i dont need to explane why there diffrent you should known why.

Fact is neville collected seeds of pure haze and the fact neville did seams to piss many off well thats life go grow some and see why there lines like ssh / mangohaze / neviles haze and the other lines with there haze is so sort after by many people and there resolting plants are so highy valued by those that grow them Fact .

I

Iron_Lion

I've grown MNS SSH(50% Haze) with a 250 W HPS and a few CFLs 12/12 from seed and had good yeild with premium high. I ended up with 2 small LST'd shrubs about a foot and a haf tall that yeilded 1 and a 1/2 oz combined. My next grow I'll be doing MNS Nevilles Haze x Mango which is 62.5% haze with my 250W setup. People shouldnt worry about growing haze strains in small set ups, the yeilds can be moderate but the quality is the best. MASH is only 25% haze that I've read its breeding goal was to make a managable easy to grow practical haze hybrid.

l33t

Veteran
Hiya hempy,
Hola Raco,

Regarding hempy's old post I have never read that Nev took pure haze clones to the Dam, never read that from Shanti or Nev that is. All I 've read from Shanti is that Neville received HazeBros Haze seeds (1969 stock) in the US at some point during the 70s and the MNS haze lines come from these genetics. These are not my words , its what has been posted by MNS.
I have no idea if the Haze seed germination was done in the US (personally I doubt that) or if it was done in Europe so I won't go into that just to speculate on things.
What I do know is that Neville/Shanti have been using 3 real special pure Haze plants for their haze hybrids. First is Haze'A' which is a pure haze male plant. This one is dead according to Shanti but his genetics live inside other hybrids used up to this day by MNS for hybrids , ie see the NL#5Haze'A' female clone that is alive and used as the female parent/mother of the Neville's Haze. Second is the pure Haze female that is used in MNS La Nina strain. This is the only strain I am aware of , that this pure Haze plant is being used. This plant is alive and well in the mother/father rooms of MNS. Last but not least , there is the pure Haze male plant , Haze'C' . This is the plant that has been most used by MNS for the haze hybrids and is also alive and well along with the pure Haze female in MNS library. This is the plant that has always been used in the Neville's Haze line , its the male NH parent actually.
According to Shanti Haze'C' male plant is made by two pure haze parents from 1969 and so is the Haze'A' male.

As far as Ot1 Haze goes , I don't really know if its HazeBros Haze or not , but from what Ot1 has stated about Sk#1 breeding and Haze development in open fields in the US, I take everything he says and has said in the past with a grain of salt. I know the Ot1 line is a good one and has many things in common with Haze that comes from other sources as I 've had the chance to sample many of the mothers from ACE , but that doesn't necessarily mean its real Haze , it could well be a completely different line to HazeBros Haze , could be just another good pure sativa hybrid line with similar genetics to the HazeBros Haze..
If Haze was a pre-HazeBros term then all is good , and Ot1 would have every right to use the name Haze in his pure sativa line.. But if the term didn't exist before the Haze Bros and the line does not trace back to the Haze Bros then the name would be completely misleading to buyers/growers and shouldn't have been used as it wouldn't have been real Haze Bros Haze in the first place , correct me if I m wrong.

I 've spent many years researching on Haze and have doing a lot of reading since I first joined online canna forums almost a decade ago, and the whole case is foggy to say the least. I 've read contradicting things from both sides , things that don't match up , so I know each side is missing some details , posted incomplete or false info , or someone is lying to gain something..

If you ask me , personally I believe the MNS side of the story as far as MNS Hazes' story goes. Why , cause imo their Haze is from the best if not the best out there..and I 've smoked quite a lot of Haze from various sources, most importantly Shanti is a great breeder with a real professional approach to his work and is honest and open about his breeding as well.He is a stand up guy , no one in the business has something bad to say about him (apart from GHS lol) and he stands behind his work ..plus the MNS company ethics and policy including top notch customer service are all that led me to go with their story.Of course inconsistent stories from the other side helped a bit make up my mind as well among the rest of the things I listed . But like I 've said numerous times I m not just buying into what I 've been told or read by others just cause I may like a certain breeder/company more than another , so I always try to keep an open mind and I try to keep doing research and look for the truth no matter if it hurts in the end.

One thing is certain , Neville was the first to make Haze available to the masses worldwide and got it to become so popular it is today that was after he did his breeding work with it..plus his Haze based lines have been ,and still are, up to par with all newer so called elite lines that have been created since. NL#5Haze , SSH , Nev'sHaze are only few from the legendary lines that trace back to Nevs work with Haze and still are so much sought after and recognized by growers all over the globe as some of the best bred strains that consistently give great results over time.
I can't say if Nev is the most honest person in this seed business , never met the guy or had the chance to read many things written directly by him..but his work certainly has made a great impact on the canna scene the last 20 years or so and he should be respected for that , imo credit should always be given where its due. Nev is part for MNS co and all his parent stock is in the MNS libraries nowadays , so for fail-proof Haze I would always recommend MNS. So no matter what happened back then , thousands if not millions of positive grow/smoke reports on Haze based lines that trace back to Nev's work must mean something about the quality of the genetics and his work right?..

l33t