What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

SurfdOut

Veteran
@dirtboy808 You just ran some Cherry Bomb, I know you said it wasn't your cup of tea but how does it compare to the old Maui lines you used to see?

ctg

Veteran
Surf and others on cherry bomb. The orig beans I got from green genes way back were real nice. I’ve grown the new batch and while there are hints of the originals they weren’t even close in quality of flavor or high. Just honesty on this one. Wish I would have worked the first ones

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Maui Wowie seems to be a cross of Southern Mexican x Afghan and backcrossed again from what i read and according to some.The BOEL brought a lot of genetics to the islands.

I was told one of the parents to what was the real Maui Wowie was the strain called Blood.

I spend almost 2 decades trying to re find the line i grew called Maui Wowie i even offered $4k to get even 10 seed of it no luck.

I think there are a few lines called Maui Wowie the one i grew was very sativa you could compare it say a Nevil's Haze in frame vigor look but the plant was a very light Green.Smell was very sweet tasted sweet and the high was very powerful.

oldhaole

Veteran
Anyone heard of Keanae pink Gorilla from Maui. From what i read on a other thread it's an old school Swazi variety. Curious if it's the same variety that was in Puna from the 80s. That one had no pink pistills though

Pink Gorilla.... I've heard of it... and I'm running it this year. My partner bred it years ago so I can tell you this version isn't from Keanae. More like Kula. More Indica than Sativa this also has no pink hairs. Take a look.

picture.php

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
all those plants from Hawaii look like fire.. indica or sativa.. puna cherry wow. shit I had molokai frost from motarebel but I cant find it, I gave it to someone, big mistake :D I was afraid it would mold or something.. anyway I saw this big island genetic dot org.. they have kauai electric, 23 generations moved from 1980 LOL. what do you hawaiian growers think about it? thank you and Aloha.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
all those plants from Hawaii look like fire.. indica or sativa.. puna cherry wow. shit I had molokai frost from motarebel but I cant find it, I gave it to someone, big mistake :D I was afraid it would mold or something.. anyway I saw this big island genetic dot org.. they have kauai electric, 23 generations moved from 1980 LOL. what do you hawaiian growers think about it? thank you and Aloha.

That guy has always come off as a poser to me.

Also, I think he is the guy that entered @JOJO420 flowers in the Hawaii cup and took all the credit for winning 2nd place.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I would love to see a co op of growers from all the Islands offer up their old School sativas and have all the credit and profits go directly to the people that preserved the genetics for decades.

ctg

Veteran
Yep Thanks to dirtyboy. He’s killing it for sure. I can’t imagine the finger hash. Lol
FlyinHaWyn,
Big thanks for your sharing all these years, we wouldn’t have access to many of these old lines without warriors like you!
Goes for you as well bart my friend.
I’m more than fortunate to have met and become friends with you fellas.
Been a long road filled with killer old school herb!
Mahalo

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That guy has always come off as a poser to me.

Also, I think he is the guy that entered @JOJO420 flowers in the Hawaii cup and took all the credit for winning 2nd place.

thank you very much for some info.. well to be sincere most of seed sellers are assholes.. doesnt surprise me, such thing happens in Amsterdam too :D

SurfdOut

Veteran
CTG and Dirtboy, you guys should start a thread outlining what your projects are and let us know what kind of stuff we can expect from you guys. Start to generate interest.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
some notes from Dj
DJShort said:
Hawaiian

Hawaiian a true classic. There is something special about a good island herb, and Hawaiian is among the best. When properly grown outdoors it has a wonderful and unique bouquet of fruity spice, similar to the sweetness of the fine Thai, but with a kind of tangy taste.

Good Hawaiian herb has always been a devastatingly powerful experience for me. It is very psychedelic and internally focused, contemplative and overpoweringly meditative. A Walk with the King, a Dance with the Queen, and a sunset on the beach! Aah… Hawaiian!

I have tried to equal the Hawaiian experience outdoor on the mainland, and indoors, with no success. Everything I have grown from Hawaiian stock turned out to be nowhere near the quality of the parent stock. This is true for three generations of trials. The product from Hawaiian seed was equal to the best plants grown from mid-quality Colombian stock!

This led me to a hypothesis about Hawaii: that just about any stock grown in Hawaii will turn out to be of unique and relatively high quality. Hawaii just happens to be one of those special places, I suppose.

All breeding attempts with Hawaiian stock were dumped from my garden by 1983. It was a pretty and robust plant though, and also quite productive. Just not all that impressive when grown outside its homeland

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
lol , im sure hempy will argue with that maha ,
but i have found the same ,, sometimes the weed grown outside those areas is still ok , perhaps better than the average and better than dj found ,
but overall there will be no comparison to growing it in its homeland ,
this would be true of most stuff grown closer to the equator imho ...

theres a good reason why hawaiin , thai etc got a good name , genetics and the location it was grown ...

Latest posts

Latest posts