Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have you worked after having a drink

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No I am always stone sober at work every time

Votes: 9 11.0%

• Total voters

Greenheart

Veteran
Mostly just cannabis but for the record I have worked in all the columns. The rest I try to avoid really but if it is celebration time, your halfdead with the flu and have bills to pay, or just out of smoke then well you do what you have to do am I right?

I worked constantly beside someone for 3 years. My last day at work I joined someone outside for a puff. The other person's jaw went so low to the ground it about covered up the D.A.R.E. advertisment on her t-shirt. For the entire time I worked with her I had always snuck in the toke sessions. I probably should have asked her if she still wanted to hook me up with her niece but I just smiled and said. "I don't want to lie to you but yes I have the entire time we worked together." Nothing but pure shock and awe. It blew away all of her stereotypes of "stoners". I make it a practice to go to the interview higher than the stairway to heaven. It is usually when I'm sober that I get all these questions like "What's wrong?", "Are you feeling okay?", "You just don't seem yourself today"

Les Emmerson had the right of it "So I pulled off my hat and said imagine that me a workin' for you..."

Throbba

Yes a fair bit but not now as i get too paranoid unless i am working from home in which case I am high all day. Plus my job is really enjoyable now so dont need it to enjoy my day at work.

wisco61

All of the above for me, plus some.

Its all a pretty good time, except for acid. Working while tripping balls on acid is not desirable.

unspoken

Teenage and young adult jobs all day every day. Now, never. I think it's nice to have that first toke to look forward to when you get home anyway.

joe guy

I don't think I've ever been to interview sober,
If they hire me high then I know I'm safe on the clock
As far as the Rx pills I haven't been to a doctor in 15 years
Hate those guys I don't wana know I'm dying just wana wake up dead one day
Uuuhhhgggg hate doctors offices.. So no to the Rx drugs on the clock
But when I worked at Yamaha I kept a big coffee cup of pbr on my desk
In the shipping dept lol # 1 in picking,packing,and shipping..
With the lowest return on damaged goods lol, who says stoners and drunks are
Low producers is full of fooy . I'm what you call a functioning alcoholic and pot head..

U

unthing

sometimes yes. if there's any chance of driving which i dislike sober and hate stoned i won't but otherwise it would be ok but like unspoken say it's nice to get home and smoke one. and probaly open a beer.

fabvariousk

Veteran
I laugh when I think about the amount of drugs that I would be on when I worked a regular job in my twenties. The best was when I worked third shift at a design firm in Chicago with one other dude and had the whole building to ourselves midnight to seven.
On top of my regular "work" bongs and my thirty milligrams of prescription Dexedrine, I began eating lots of mushrooms. The deciding factor on whether or not to do psychedelics was usually based on whether or not I wanted to get a long nap in that night.
When you are on that much speed you can do your ten hour shift in two and then the night is yours.
Needless to say I am glad I moved to the country and stopped doing everything but my weed.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doing that today is much more dificult(cannabis) ay least for me then it was 15 years ago..we did not have DT back then..

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I am only stoned at work (and I work at home ;) ) when I have pot. When I don't have pot it is not a problem.

When I was young and did jobs that didn't matter. No way today, I feel like I would be ripping off my employer. They do pay me to be at my best... everyday! If I was under the influence that would be pretty shitty on my end. But hey to each his own.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
nothing wrong with drugs at work if you perform and especially id you are paid by proof of performance (straight commissions, your own business, etc)

DevilWeedSeeds

Private Breeder
ICMag Donor
People still work totally straight? That's new to me man. I remember years ago I tired it once... worst day of my life.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
go to wall street or any other high pressure big money business and see how hard they rage shit on a day to day

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have , hated it. when I was younger I had a rule, always do all work before smoking, because if I had to clean, do the dishwasher or any work I would get real upset ( high school years .. )

never ever do I touch it while working. for one it makes me not want to work ( I'm not lazy, I'm a perfectionist, and far from lazy ) but I find I do not want to, as I want to enjoy other qualities pot brings out ( idea flow, conversation, "receiver", seeing the deeper meaning in things, dissecting thoughts... that shit which none of my work is )

second, I drive stoned.. not all the time, nor can I advocate anyone else does it.. I'm the type that handles 160 on a bike, 150 in sports cars in traffic, Sunday drives that involve 100 in 35 MPH areas... if I told you I was a great driver I would come off egotistical, so do what you like with that statement.. but anyways I drive stoned more to get a sense of the effects, I find you can "tune in" to what the high is more like when driving, and to add I drive stoned as I find it risky to smoke outside what your going to do outside.. people can be really pain in the asses and don't mind there own business... also third I feel it's a crime to have to have people smell you pot smoke if they don't smoke.. is it fun to smell a burger with onions while on a plane.....

ZoSo

I got a pretty good handle on my job right now so I feel comfortable. I don't do it very often, though, but mostly because I have to get up so damn early. It's a production environment. If I had to deal with customers or some shit there's no way I could do it. But everybody's different.

And as far as injuries go the worst I face is just a little blood, which has happened before. Never enough to need stitches and therefore a drug test.