What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have You Been Vaccinated?

Have You Been Vaccinated?

• Yes!

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • No!

Votes: 40 21.1%
  • Soon!

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • No Way!

Votes: 59 31.1%
  • I Just Wanna Watch!

Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters

CaptainDankness

Quite the difference between a citation from a medical institution and a commercial television station.
Your inane attempt to minimise the most significant tragedy of our times, is not amusing nor useful.

https://www.covid19.nh.gov/dashboard/case-summary
This should prove my point a little better. Of the people in my age group 30-39 14,186 people tested positive, 6 people died I'm not really trying to do the math but that's over a 99.99% chance of survival I believe. Only 62 hospitalizations out of the 14,186 people my odds of survival are amazing. My daughter has even better odds, literally a 100% chance of survival as we don't have a single death from 0-19 and that's 17,179 kids. We also have to add roughly 40% for asymptomatic carriers and people with just mild symptoms that don't get tested.

It's not until 60-69 that the risk gets somewhat significant and 80+ is really risky.

Thank you for making me look deeper Gry, I did still have a tiny bit of fear, but now I'm more worried about getting struck by lightning. Though I can't lie moose scare the shit out of me. :smoker:

Gry

Veteran
It was never about instilling fear in anyone, it was about decent and caring people attempting to look out for each other.
Something you chose not to do . You seem stuck on the "me" show, it was never about you, it was
about a community, a state and a country and a globe.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here in Switzerland we go outside without masks. you don't need a vaccine to go get sun and fresh air with friends.

you have no idea if the benefits outweigh the risks, no one does. its impossible to tell the safety of a vaccine in 4 months. specially the long term safety is up in the air, anyone telling you otherwise is straight out lieing. even the most qualified scientist in the world can not tell the fucking future. only time will tell. thats just a fact, no amount of education or science will let you predict the future.

Yep....time will tell.
  • After you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, you may be able to start doing some things that you stopped doing because of the pandemic. For example, you can gather indoors without masks with other people who are fully vaccinated.
  • We are still learning how vaccines will affect the spread of COVID-19. Until we know more about how vaccines will affect the spread of COVID-19, people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 should keep taking precautions in public places like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing your hands often.
  • People are not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. You should keep using all the tools available to protect yourself and others until you are fully vaccinated.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How can you say such a thing? I believe, and please correct me if i'm wrong, the injections are still in their trail phase.

"Trail phase" No familiar with that....ohhhh! "TRIAL" phase. Vaccines typically require years of research and testing before reaching the clinic, but in 2020, scientists embarked on a race to produce safe and effective coronavirus vaccines in record time. vaccines are an important tool, but they must be wielded effectively and used in conjunction with other evidence-based public health measures to be decisive. A comprehensive program of prevention, continued work on vaccine optimization, new vaccines, correlates, long-term safety and continued surveillance will be needed simultaneously with steady implementation of vaccination. Understanding effectiveness will require systematic implementation of post-licensure studies to understand the key parameters around herd immunity and polices derived from that knowledge. Safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines were developed in 11 months. In the next year, effective vaccination and prevention efforts could prove decisive, and, although the work ahead is considerable, perhaps the ‘end of the beginning’ is at hand.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been sharing joints and bowls even bongs the entire pandemic and you think you need a vaccine to go for a walk?? :good: You look at the facts and not the hyped up bullshit for ratings, it's really not so scary. My state is also considering to stop making kids wear masks in school, we have no more bullshit Covid-19 mandates in effect. Someone on here said it was going to take at least 2 weeks to see an uptick after removing the mask mandate, well it's been longer and we removed all but masks in school since.

Yippeeee doo dah for sharing joints, etc. We live in a different state. There was a staunch STAY@HOME order, severe limits on groups, mask mandates that were the most stringent in the USA, both indoors and outside. Unlike other states that had to reset opening/closing, etc. We also have one of the highest vaccination rates in the nation. Yes, I feel safer outside going for a walk without a mask, while still maintaining numbers, distance,and masks in stores.

Amynamous

New Hampshire, with the third fewest covid positive cases in the country, is certainly not indicative of other states.
Also, the 20-40 age group has been primarily responsible for spreading the disease to others as of late.
Come to think of it, i was pretty selfish and self-centered at that age too.

As an aside, when i hear or read about some yungin talking about killing off the old folk like they were talking about harvesting veggies from their garden, I can’t help but remember the movie Logan’s Run from the 1970’s.
Anyone remember watching it way back when.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
New Hampshire, with the third fewest covid positive cases in the country, is certainly not indicative of other states.
Also, the 20-40 age group has been primarily responsible for spreading the disease to others as of late.

As an aside, when i hear or read about some yungin talking about killing off the old folk like they were talking about harvesting veggies from their garden, I can’t help but remember the movie Logan’s Run from the 1970’s.

Sure - I remember 'Logan's Run' - and 'Soylent Green' - where humans only got to live into their 30's - then were harvested for the nutrition of the younger generation - we are but ferts - lol

soylentgreen1.jpg

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Can you cite me peer reviewed research to back up one mans claims? Just a month ago you were citing the cdc VAERS reporting as proof of vaccine deaths. When it clearly wasn't. What I consider flakes are people who cite non peer reviewed research as their evidence. You don't have the top students in the country lining up to be educated by the people you cite. They go to the top colleges which I paste and copy from.

VAERS in the US and Lareb in Holland are the institutions to report and examine the side effects of the so-called vaccines.The European agency. The EudraVigilance is the European agency for collecting the reports about the side effects and deaths of the vaccines in European.The IPC is doing it in Israël as they say the government can not be trusted.Link is above.

You have science and science.In 1976 they withdrawed the vaccination against the swine flu after 25 people had died and 500 developed the Guillain-Barre syndrome and at the moment in the Netherlands alone 286 died after been vaccinated, although not everything is reported and we still continue like the other countries.The so-called vaccines are still in trial and although research has been going on for quite sometime now, the use in humans has only started since a few months and that is a whole other stage than research in a lab.
I think it will even exceed the deaths of Vioxx, which was after introduction in 1999, pulled of the market in 2004.Time will tell.

CaptainDankness

It was never about instilling fear in anyone, it was about decent and caring people attempting to look out for each other.
Something you chose not to do . You seem stuck on the "me" show, it was never about you, it was
about a community, a state and a country and a globe.

Well excuse me if I have a bigger issue with cancer that can kill kids, I had a cousin die at like 8 years old with a tumor in his spine. that's some sad shit, my dad died at 40 from cancer, it's a lot worse than coronavirus that doesn't start getting dangerous until you hit 60 but the odds are still in your favor until 80.

Really the lockdown was bullshit, nobody should have been stopped from working, at 65 you get a Social Security check and can stay home without all that free government money. We could have just protected old people better.

CaptainDankness

We also have the 3rd lowest population in the country, makes perfect sense we had the 3rd lowest Covid-19 cases so it's a pretty good indication of other states. :blowbubbles: Of course black people are said to get it worse and we probably have 100 black people in the state. Lol, definitely more, but it is one of the top 3 whitest states and one of the 3 states with the lowest crime in the country. :D

EsterEssence

Veteran
I am fully vaccinated with the moderna one, I’m 67 and feel better going out into public, I still wear a mask and don’t go out much. I’ve never had a flu shot but to me this is different. I never got close to anyone that was hot with the virus, and we are doing our sunday meditation on zoom, so not much personal contact with anyone...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure - I remember 'Logan's Run' - and 'Soylent Green' - where humans only got to live into their 30's - then were harvested for the nutrition of the younger generation - we are but ferts - lol

Mmmmmm. Soylent Green. And you got to choose how your last moments were spent....fields of flowers, deer nearby, music you want to hear.

Love the spinach Soylent Green!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here in Switzerland we go outside without masks. you don't need a vaccine to go get sun and fresh air with friends.

you have no idea if the benefits outweigh the risks, no one does. its impossible to tell the safety of a vaccine in 4 months. specially the long term safety is up in the air, anyone telling you otherwise is straight out lieing. even the most qualified scientist in the world can not tell the fucking future. only time will tell. thats just a fact, no amount of education or science will let you predict the future.

SARS Vaccine was already in last stages....after all COVID is SARS-CoV2

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...navirus-vaccine/art-20484859#vaccine-benefits

Since the drive began in December, more than 150 million COVID-19 vaccine shots have been administered. Behind the massive rollout is a safety monitoring effort that government scientists have described as “the most intense and comprehensive in U.S. history.”

The Times reviewed the scientific studies published thus far and interviewed half a dozen researchers. All the information points to the same conclusion: The shots are safe. And the small chance of experiencing a serious side effect from the vaccine is far outweighed by the danger of COVID-19.

Serious reactions are rare

Scientists use a number of methods to look for potential warning signs that vaccines — whether they’re for influenza or COVID-19 — are causing serious side effects or death.

One of the most important tools in this effort is a government database known as the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, or VAERS. The system allows patients — or their physicians, family members or lawyers — to submit a report of a health problem experienced after getting a shot.

VAERS is considered the nation’s early warning system, giving researchers the first indication that there may be a problem with a particular vaccine, said Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, deputy director of the Immunization Safety office at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the vaccine safety team lead.

To date, the database contains just more than 50,000 reports of adverse reactions following the three vaccines currently authorized for emergency use in the U.S.: those from Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson. Fewer than 8,000 of them are categorized as serious. That works out to a rate of about 50 reports per 1 million doses administered.

Six reported cases of blood clots in women following a Johnson & Johnson vaccination prompted the CDC this week to recommend a pause in the single dose vaccine. More than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have been administered in the U.S.

In other words, adverse reactions from vaccines are rare — especially when compared with the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths in the U.S.

At least 550,000 Americans have died of COVID-19, a rate of 1,700 deaths per 1 million residents. More than 2 million Americans have been hospitalized with COVID-19 since August. That’s over 6,200 patients per million. LA TIMES.

Ok, I'm not wanting to change your mind, gauis.....I'll stick to recommendations we've been presented. Two different countries, two different approaches.

BudToaster

Veteran
In other words, adverse reactions from vaccines are rare — especially when compared with the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths in the U.S.

it is well known that as few as 1% of adverse events are reported.

WHO says 99.5% of infections do not result in death.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Why should we report the side effects if this so-valled vaccines were in their last stages.These so-called vaccines got an emergency registration, but are not fully registrated as the long term effects are still not known.Its still Russian roulette in this biggest experiment of all time.

igrowone

Veteran
Why should we report the side effects if this so-valled vaccines were in their last stages.These so-called vaccines got an emergency registration, but are not fully registrated as the long term effects are still not known.Its still Russian roulette in this biggest experiment of all time.

and Covid is another Russian roulette, one whose odds look much worse at this time
everything you post is equally true of the Covid virus and long term effects