What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have You Been Vaccinated?

Have You Been Vaccinated?

• Yes!

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • No!

Votes: 40 21.1%
  • Soon!

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • No Way!

Votes: 59 31.1%
  • I Just Wanna Watch!

Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you had the covid vaccination of any kind yet? If not why not?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
nope, not eligible yet. may be fall before my number turns up here in TN. if i was across the line in VA, i could get it now due to health concerns.

Gry

Veteran
I honestly think that my paperwork or files, were misplaced. Qualify for it but am in the LA area, and do not really want to go a health care facility right now with the new strains that are floating in the area now.
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a new variant of the coronavirus, known as the B.1.1.7 lineage, is making its way around the world. This variant is believed to be about 50 to 70 percent more transmissible than earlier strains of the virus."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have noticed there are now many different varieties of vaccine available, look forward to seeing which seem to make out the best.
[/FONT]

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The phizzy one is like 95% good. Similar to having had the virus already. It's hard to give out though as it has -70 storage needs.

The Moderna is 94% effective with -20 storage needs and a 40% price bump at £28 not £15

Sputnik is 92% but you can keep it in the fridge in it's dry form and its $10 or £7.50

The Oxford halves that price to £3 or $4 and can be kept in the fridge. It's a huge leap ahead. Being the only one you can stick in a bottle and drive it around in a mini fridge. While it's half the price of the next cheapest. However... They are saying 62-90% effective.

This window of effectiveness seems strange. It can be viewed that they should just give an average of 76% rather than try and get a 90s number in there somehow. Or you could think it at least 62% while the others have a wider spread but published an average or even a peak figure. In any case, it's no way to be making comparisons. I used to work for Astra in respiratory medicine R&D so would like it to be the best. They certainly have delivery and price mastered. I think 75% will do if everybody gets it. It's rapid deployment in 3rd world situations makes it indispensable. I'm sure many would rather visit an institution and pay for 95% effectiveness though.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The phizzy one is like 95% good. Similar to having had the virus already. It hard to give out though as it had -70 storage needs.

The Moderna is 94% effective with -20 storage needs and a 40% price bump at £25 not £15

Sputnik is 92% but you can keep it in the fridge in it's dry form and its $10 or £7.50

The Oxford halves that price to £3 or $4 and can be kept in the fridge. It's a huge leap ahead. Being the only one you can stick in a bottle and drive it around in a mini fridge. While it's half the price of the next cheapest. However... They are saying 62-90% effective.

This window of effectiveness seems strange. It can be viewed that they should just give an average of 76% rather than try and get a 90s number in there somehow. Or you could think it at least 62% while the others have a wider spread but published an average or even a peak figure. In any case, it's no way to be making comparisons. I used to work for Astra in respiratory medicine R&D so would like it to be the best. They certainly have delivery and price mastered. I think 75% will do if everybody gets it. It's rapid deployment in 3rd world situations makes it indispensable. I'm sure many would rather visit an institution and pay the $33 for 95% effectiveness though.

it does seem odd about the wide variance in % effectiveness. could be differences in age groups or similar...

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I should add I have had the virus so there is no benefit to me getting the vaccine that can be seen at this time. Just side effects. However, if immunity lasts only 4 months unless reinfection boosts your immune system, then there could be a time when we all need it every 4 months while the people that won't take it die off. Which could take decades.

I work in a front line position so get topped up quite often.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I should add I have had the virus so there is no benefit to me getting the vaccine that can be seen at this time. Just side effects. However, if immunity lasts only 4 months unless reinfection boosts your immune system, then there could be a time when we all need it every 4 months while the people that won't take it die off. Which could take decades.

the possibilities of long-term damage from repeated exposures looks insidious. okay, you get the virus. you are damaged. it is harder on folks already damaged. you get exposed AGAIN...repeat as needed. once might not kill you, maybe not twice...

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
the possibilities of long-term damage from repeated exposures looks insidious. okay, you get the virus. you are damaged. it is harder on folks already damaged. you get exposed AGAIN...repeat as needed. once might not kill you, maybe not twice...

I have seen no evidence of this myself or written. Just like any other virus, the first is the worst. Now it just washes off.

Very few things are worse the second time. I can think of only one.

My sense of smell was the first to go. I was trimming away thinking 'what have I done' then riddled all my coco and developed a new cough. It was some time later I realised I was too ill to make a will, and could probably make it to bed of the fridge. Obviously 'I aint going out like that' so fetched a beer. After some recovery I heard of this corona thing so went off to get antibiotics before that hit me. They had me in hospital the next day.

Took about 4 months to get my sense of smell right, but it's perhaps better than before. I had to get a stinking tenner out my car last week, handed to me by somebody wearing the stink. Yet as I made a fuss about it back at work, most couldn't smell it at all. This tenner that was stinking my car out so much my stomach was upset. This isn't an isolated case either.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I have seen no evidence of this myself or written. Just like any other virus, the first is the worst. Now it just washes off.

Very few things are worse the second time. I can think of only one.
*SNIP

It will be years before the "world" finds out what Covid is all about. The long haulers are some pretty sick dudes and dudettes.

They don't need to get Covid a 2nd time around, it could be something as benign as bronchitis or pneumonia that does you in. Depending how damaged you are even the common cold (there some bad ones out there) can do you in.

Some have come out of it with severe (varying degrees of severity) brain damage... and other shit.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
once i see health care professionals taking it at more then 10% rates i will too

they are at the front of the lines, along with teachers etc, others rated as "high risk". as many emergency folks have caught it, i'd be standing there in line HOURS before they unlocked the doors...they are doing "drive-throughs" here locally, at plant and race track parking lots, letting 100 cars in at a time. they were lined up down the highway 2 days ago, 2 hours before anyone could get in. SOMEONE thinks it is safer than risking the virus...;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
they are at the front of the lines, along with teachers etc, others rated as "high risk". as many emergency folks have caught it, i'd be standing there in line HOURS before they unlocked the doors...they are doing "drive-throughs" here locally, at plant and race track parking lots, letting 100 cars in at a time. they were lined up down the highway 2 days ago, 2 hours before anyone could get in. SOMEONE thinks it is safer than risking the virus...;)

not sure whats up here, but 20 minutes has reported that only 1 in 10 health care workers are ready to take this vaccine, apparently the norm for flu vaccine is a third that take it. so im surprised at this low rate of acceptance, but maybe it will increase as the weeks pass. this data came from just as the 1st vaccine got certified for use here.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you had the covid vaccination of any kind yet? If not why not?

No. the BIGLIEST LIE of all from DJT and inept Klan.....the "warehouse stock pile" was a ruse. There wasn't a 'stockpile'. Moderna churning it out, while millions wait.

I'm next in line after essential, hospital, educational, older crowd. Probably end of February, maybe sooner. Prefer Moderna over Pfizer.

Meanwhile, sad new via text, phone yesterday....3 former neighbors just died, 2 hospitalized on ventilator, cousins-in-law's family (probably from holiday family gathering), 2 more adult siblings died....all in the last week. 5 died that I KNEW. Makes a total of 17 thus far.

Real as it gets.

Self-isolation/mask/frequent hand-washing/door knob/light switch, computer & elements, phone wiped daily....and good distancing on infrequent visits outdoors. Shop 2x a month. Buy on line.

redlaser

Veteran
“three samples of locally made ice cream that used milk powder from Ukraine and whey mist from New Zealand, under the brand name Daqiaodao, have tested positive for covid 19 in Tianjin China.”

'Boogieman'

If you pick No way lol you trumptarded? You want to fucking die of covid or kill someone? In California someone dies of covid every 6 minutes that's 10 an hour dead fucking dead no coming back ever but no no way I'm getting a shot what a great nation and Patriots huh? Yea but let's go storm the Capitol try to hang Mike pence attempt to kill Capitol police with their own guns beat the crap out of cops even kill a couple leave active pipe bombs attempt to kidnap and kill members of Congress but don't wear a mask And don't get a vaccine it's against your "rights" and dangerous

Just voted no way. Why? Because I don't trust the government.

Latest posts

Latest posts