What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hating the new site. A lot.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Left my wallet in El Segundo

They didn't make it. Its a load of modules written by different teams in India. Modules that once collected in, didn't work. Lots of patching later it was released, but you can see the endless number of loose ends tied together badly. The 4 million ways to add a picture, but you still have to edit your post to get the size formatting is just one such failure. Where you can see the overlap of what two teams wanted, while neither finished the job.
The vBullshitting team don't even use this v5 and in fact use v3 still. The last one they made themselves.

Might get another move next month. With two parallel sites for a while. So no down-time. Just a choice of what software you would like to use. What other site does that :)

Cuddles

I just started getting used to this new place. But if you say that the next one will be better... I look forward to it. Mind you we were told that this one is far better too ;) I do appreciate some of these new features.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
As we all know, sometimes we have trouble with our computer systems.
As you all know, we had a problem a while back, so we called Eric,
the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over.
Eric clicked a couple of buttons installed new software again and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, we called after him,
'So, what was wrong?

He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error' . We didn't want to appear stupid,
but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that?
In case we need to fix it again. Eric grinned... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?
'No,' we replied. 'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down: ID 10 T… IDIOT error! used to like Eric, the little bastard . . .
ID ten T error! Is that what happened here? Call Eric;-).:whee:

Dankwolf

I can deal with site . My main issue is it a gohst town in here . Not ever sure why impost or look for posts 🤷

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I just was notified twice of activity in a thread that was last commented on in 2016... last page. Kewl.:groupwave:
Is it June already?..

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I'm not usually fond of change, but I know this coming forum will be better.

For sure it'll. XenForum has an easier and cleaner interface. Waiting for the switch, always a traumatic process in software development. We will need some patience.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hoping I don't get 8 versions of PM's....nerve wracking!! And difficult to discern "Messages" . The previous software it was straightforward. Time will tell!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:good: There's one thing I really like about the current site, I've never run out of 'Likes'.
You can give as many as you want without ever receiving the message "You have given out too many 'Likes' today".:tiphat:

Gry

Veteran
:good: There's one thing I really like about the current site, I've never run out of 'Likes'.
You can give as many as you want without ever receiving the message "You have given out too many 'Likes' today".:tiphat:

I like it...

Cuddles

this may have been mentioned before but anyway, is there no ignore list? Will this feature be available after the new forum updates?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
There is an ignore list.. I saw it yesterday. Click your name, top right. Then there were 3 tabs. On one, at the bottom, a box to write the names in.

I would look, but I would loose my page.

Do I need to say my goodbyes now? :)

No update on the next move that I see. Just a locked thread from last month. This month was thought possible though.

Cuddles

There is an ignore list.. I saw it yesterday. Click your name, top right. Then there were 3 tabs. On one, at the bottom, a box to write the names in.

I would look, but I would loose my page.

Do I need to say my goodbyes now? :)

No update on the next move that I see. Just a locked thread from last month. This month was thought possible though.

Found it, thanks! I had checked that page before but I guess I didn´t scroll down far enough.

Nope.It´s not you :)

Cvh

Supermod
sadly it is this kind of behaviour which can make it neccessary in the first place. I´ve no time for such like.

If needed you can also press the Flag button to report a post. You can find the Flag button below each post right next to the Edit and Quote buttons. Don't hesitate to use it. 😉

Cheers.
:ying:
​​​​​

Cuddles

If needed you can also press the Flag button to report a post. You can find the Flag button below each post right next to the Edit and Quote buttons. Don't hesitate to use it. 😉

Cheers.
:ying:
​​​​​

cheers, can you write a comment when you flag a post?

Latest posts

Latest posts