What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hating the new site. A lot.

JockBudman

Anyone able to tell me how to embed a photo like wi the old BB code? I don't like them being sodding attachments.

Somehow this site has also become much worse to use on a phone, especially the galleries. For security reasons, I take a picture, wipe the exif data, upload, then delete off my phone. The problem is that when I upload, I often can't see all the photos I've uploaded, just the top 4 or sometimes even just the top 2, making editing captions impossible. Same issue when I add my "attachments" to a thread, can't edit the captions or see if my shots have even been attached properly. Utterly unusable for what I need to be able to do on here.

And I'm afraid I will not ever be switching to doing this on a laptop so please don't suggest that. The old site wasn't mobile optimized but still worked. This site is but doesn't. Face. Palm.

isochem_man

I came back to ICMAG after a number of year break and it seems like it has really slowed down and I think this is probably why... I had to remake my account. I kept wondering why the IC felt sort of dead, all of the sections only had 1 or 2 posts a day, and then I stumbled in here.

Cuddles

I came back to ICMAG after a number of year break and it seems like it has really slowed down and I think this is probably why... I had to remake my account. I kept wondering why the IC felt sort of dead, all of the sections only had 1 or 2 posts a day, and then I stumbled in here.

hi, the forum was kinda slow before the upgrade too ( it already was when I signed up), so the new forum is not the only reason.

thailer

I wonder how hard it would be to move from this, or rather the old working version, to something from a different family.
I know the chat part is important to Gypsy and quite a few others that seem to use chat not the boards. Anything we are to use needs chat or a chat plug-in. Which few seem to.
$165 is bugger all. The labour though... but at least using the old backups could facilitate a new forum going live while this was still up. Then users could move over what they wanted to keep themselves. Personally... what I have done here holds no interest. The search doesn't work anyway, so it's all lost.

A few people are going to have to offer up $20 before this could be taken seriously. There has been a lot of work done, that this proposal wants to scrap. However I do know some platforms make moving a pretty much automated process, to gain customers.

It was just suggested by members that are now signing up to new cannabis platforms like Instagram or this other forum where it is being discussed. In the last month my Instagram has found a few ICmag folks who have wandered over but can’t say there’s a big influx of members leaving. I think most just gave up which is what I am thinking of doing since other forums suck and IG is about to delete my second account for posting cannabis stuff. All I have left is ICmag or buying another phone, getting a new ip so IG won’t troll every pic I post.

xenforo doesn’t have a chat option but most are using Discord for chat now. It might be able to be linked up somehow with the xenforo software but I can’t be sure. I personally don’t like the ICmag chat and maybe not offering it will make the threads bump more since it would be the only way to talk.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The boss likes chat. We are pushing our luck even suggesting new forum software without the finance to fund it. He's balls deep into this now. It's going to need to be a very attractive proposition that makes him pull out and get stuck into something else.

As nobody else is doing anything about it but moan, he's going to stay on course. There is nothing else for it.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
You'll find a lot of references to philosophers, particularly Plato, or the Discordian faith within I.T. circles. All hail Eris.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Very strange indeed there was some talk this morning with the web guys about Zenforo, the problem we had with the old site it was a 100% no go from where it was and the state it was in , now a lot of hard work has been done( behind the scenes obviously ) and we have upgraded to a much better version of Vbulliton there is a possibility this could be an option, we will need to talk about it and run some tests , I’m not promising nothing yet it will all be discussed first hand with the boss before any decision making is made but very odd this was mentioned as we was talking about it this morning.. you guys need to remember though it’s all well an good moaning and thinking things are just simple press of a button and we make a switch over but it’s definitely not that easy with Icmag ( one of the worlds biggest canna forums )
im on another canna forum (Zenforo) and upgrades are easy as pie that’s all well an good with just about 5000 threads , .... IC Mag has 17 million threads so keep that in mind when you think it’s all just a click of a button and easy peasy ... It’s Not.

thailer

i really love ICmag. i want the best for it and i truly respect the time and effort it has taken this month to get things secure for us. thank you!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
i really love ICmag. i want the best for it and i truly respect the time and effort it has taken this month to get things secure for us. thank you!

I use to develop software for IBM in the 80s&90s.. the saying was 'always never enough time to get the software 'right' before release but always enough time to fix it'.
Dates were kept, no matter what, so the 'bosses' who set the date dont look bad. The users had the input vehicle for fixes, programmers programed them in and system test made sure the new shit didnt screw up the old shit and then release' to the users. But that was their busine$$.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I use to develop software for IBM in the 80s&90s.. the saying was 'always never enough time to get the software 'right' before release but always enough time to fix it'.
Dates were kept, no matter what, so the 'bosses' who set the date dont look bad. The users had the input vehicle for fixes, programmers programed them in and system test made sure the new shit didnt screw up the old shit and then release' to the users. But that was their busine$$.

That’s what cellphone companies do also.
A friend of a friend worked at Nokia in early 2000’s and he told me they released a new phone model on dead line no matter how many bugs it had. It was cheaper to fix it later than to miss dead lines cause the competition usually launched phones around same times.

I bought one of the first Siemens' proper internet phones when it was released and it was even missing parts of the software! Those were printed on the user manual, like who to set up different ring tones for different people, but it was completely missing on the phones software!

This shit has gone on for decades. What a nerve on these people. “..fuck the customer who bought it”.

nickman

Veteran
I just want to be able to get to my gallery and to be able to post photos please…!!!… I e always loved this place and I don’t want to leave here…!!!… but if I can’t post pics. What’s the point

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I just want to be able to get to my gallery and to be able to post photos please…!!!… I e always loved this place and I don’t want to leave here…!!!… but if I can’t post pics. What’s the point

Hey Nick,,,I agree...The new sucks compared to the old...But I found a way to post pictures...it might work for you too... I hope so..

Forget about your albums...Get the picture you wanna post on your computer desktop...
After you make a comment at the bottom of the page, click the little gray box at the the very lower left that says "Upload Attachments"

A window will pop open where you can click the picture you want to upload from your desktop... Hope it works for you...

I still don't know how to upload directly from my albums now either....

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spent hours today messing around with pictures ...don’t know If I made things better for myself or worse:gaga:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran

That’s what cellphone companies do also.
A friend of a friend worked at Nokia in early 2000’s and he told me they released a new phone model on dead line no matter how many bugs it had. It was cheaper to fix it later than to miss dead lines cause the competition usually launched phones around same times.

I bought one of the first Siemens' proper internet phones when it was released and it was even missing parts of the software! Those were printed on the user manual, like who to set up different ring tones for different people, but it was completely missing on the phones software!

This shit has gone on for decades. What a nerve on these people. “..fuck the customer who bought it”.

Video games, mang. Remember back in the day you bought Mario for Nintendo and you had Mario for Nintendo. Game on!
These days they'll release a "road map" to the eventual game, which is not a game, but a "live service". You might buy a half finished game, pay a monthly fee, download updates and patches and the shit still won't work. Especially if it doesn't make enough money and the developers give up on it. Look at Cyberpunk, released before last Christmas after many delays because the game wasn't ready. But they released it anyways, and the 1st patch was like 50 gigs that you had to download to make it almost playable. This was supposed to be the greatest game ever, but it was like 50% ready at best. And ppl got mad! CD Projekt Red, who made the game, their stock went down like 50% and investors got mad. But they had to get it out for that Xmas market, and who's to blame?
The suits man, the god damn suits! And still, they made money on that game even tho it was not what was promised. I don't know if they fixed it later, I uninstalled it after I finished the main story, which wasn't bad. But the bugs and shit that was supposed to be in the game.. Not a good look.

Nintendo Switch, that thing released buggy as shit. The controllers were faulty, the software was faulty. They eventually fixed the stuff, or had a "send it in and we'll fix it for free and ship it back to you" program. Then they released the Switch lite, and didn't fix the controller issue, because it would cost more to redesign the controllers than to fix em. And some (most?) people don't bother to send em in for the fix 'cause there's waiting and posting and filling forms and shit. So this is what we get, god damn I hate the digital era.

But ICmag, we are not making billions and millions here. And it's a work in progress for most members who don't pay anything to use this site. And while I agree with the people who don't like the change, give it some time and give them tech dudes a break. They do the best they can, and there's a lot of issues and stuff to be worked out. I got galleries from 10-11 years ago I was afraid of losing, but they are there. Not easily accessible yet, but I have faith in this someday working. I haven't even had time to figure out how to mod the new site, had some shit going on in real life.

So yea, give it time. And don't give up, 'cause you have frieeeends!

And if you're like: What the F are you talking about, mang?

..I kinda lost the point, too..

So here's Peter Gabriel feat. Kate Bush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjEq-r2agqc

RenaissanceBrah

The old design was awesome, and very user friendly.

I'm not a fan of the new design and functionality, a big step back, I agree.

Why'd they change it?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm not usually fond of change, but I know this coming forum will be better.

St. Phatty

vBulletin is in El Segundo, Ca.

Why not just send them a BUNCH of quality cannabis, and ask them for a special revision -

previous look matched with new security features ?