Hashplants

Mithridate

therevverend said:
Hopefully they still sprout up strong.
Hopefully they still sprout up strong.

20230301_165052.jpg
20230226_131235.jpg

12/12 germinated! They are a few weeks old now 🙂

Ps: im having a hard time posting with my new phone, keeps pushing double line button on its own. Old phone works like a charm...

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
Wow looks like the seeds were stored correctly! They look like everything I'd expect them to be. Stout strong hashplants. Planning to do a preservation run or just finding out what you've got? As the line is already a bit inbred some sort of open pollination might be your best bet. Using pollen from multiple males and applying it to multiple females. Instead of the normal way of choosing the best male and the best female.

Actually you can do both, if you can flower the males and collect the pollen in a separate room. Then apply it to individual labeled limbs. It's a lot more work and you have to be very careful but the payoff is having some sinsemilla smoke and having select seeds from the best ones. However it's much easier to let the males rip and seed the entire crop and the biggest benefit is that it's foolproof.

Reminds me of the first indoor crop I ever saw. Friend of mine needed a ride to Olympia from Seattle (about 60 miles) almost 30 years ago. We drove to his friends' apartment. They were characters. Ate a bunch of cubensis, sat around tripping in their living room. Then they started bringing out fresh limbs and stripping them down. They'd grown a NL crop in one of the bedrooms. Unfortunately the seeds went hermaphrodite and the crop was seeded. It sucked but I didn't mind that night, rolling up big joints and watching their living room turn into Roman style architecture, like some kind of ancient garden. I'd close my eyes and see it clearly, then open my eyes and see it superimposed over the 'real' world.

Mithridate

Planning to do a preservation run or just finding out what you've got?
I'm definitely open pollinating them! At first i wasnt sure if i was going to. But with 88g13hp growing right next to it, i can see the potential.
Ill add a few cuts and one of my own cross in the same tent for good measure.

Since I still have 12 or 13 seeds left, the second part of the plan is to take cuts of the 12 growing now and pop the seeds to hopefully o.p with more plants.

First go around I always open pollinate, and only cull once numbers permit it 😉Don't worry they're in good hands haha

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this is what I call hawaiian gass, as it is very gassy, mentholy on exhale too.. it is cross of hawaiian webbed indica/molokai frost, so hawaiian hashplant, and thai dom haze male. look at it folks. I shaked some resin from it and it was top notch taste, mind bending high...

full

full

full

full

full

therevverend

Veteran
Let's look at some landrace hashplants.

This is the famous Kali Ram hashplant from Nirang village, across the river from Malana in the Himalayas. It's 100% sativa, narrow leaf, for making hand-rubbed hashish. Seeds from @landracemafia, Trident Seeds.

View media item 18707678
View media item 18707677
View media item 18707675
The incredible thing about these Nirang Village strains are that they finish at my latitude in Washington state. A few of them could have gone a little longer but most of it I harvested around October 18th. Excellent mold resistance of course. Here's a look at the plant and some dried flower from Trident's selection from Nirang Village. Trident was calling them 'asphalt pheno', there's some of that. There's a lot of floral, very complex. A bit of carrot, a lot of spice, incense, volatile medicine-smell, she's a delight. Enjoyable smoke that's plenty potent. Not couchlock but not all cerebral, there's some body effects as well.

View media item 18704960
View media item 18704959
View media item 18707659
View media item 18707661
As you can see the flowers are thin and airy. The plant was huge, 16 feet tall. I made a little hand-rubbed from her. My first attempt was poor, more like scissor hash. The 2nd attempt I did much better. The trick is to rub lightly for 10 seconds, not squeeze or try to get everything. Didn't yield a lot but it was well worth trying.

therevverend

Veteran
Maybe the best landrace hashplants I've seen are the varieties from Balochistan. Quite a few strains are available right now. Indian landrace exchange is dropping some amazing stuff from Quetta City at Full Power Selections. Landrace Warden, I believe he's Pakistani, has Baloch seeds, The Real Seed Company has 'em, the Baloch hash is the best I've seen. I've already posted pictures of the Pink Pistil variety, here's the Red Baloch. Note that what I had labeled as the 'red Baloch' produced pink hairs, the stuff I labeled 'pink pistil' didn't have pink hairs so I don't know what the fuck.

View media item 18704144
View media item 18707671
View media item 18707672
View media item 18707673
As they finished they started to get a strawberry flavor but they really didn't mature in time. Needed another week or two. Ended up losing quite a bit to mold.

My best Afghan landrace was the selections from Shahjoy village that turned purple. From ILE's 2020 Durand Line collection. Turned out wonderful, the potency is comparable to the American hashplants I grew. The flavor is phenomenal, spicy and unique. I've identified what I consider the 'Kandahar black flavor'. Most of the purple plants from the Afghan side of the Durand line have this smell and taste. Have you had seeded concord grapes, grown in someone's backyard in California? It's a combination of sweet grape, grape skin, and nutty seed flavor. The irony is many of the hashplant growers in Afghanistan also grow grapes. They're more complex then that, spicy, aromatic, and sometimes gassy but all of them have that seeded grape flavor.

View media item 18707664
View media item 18705426
View media item 18708181
View media item 18708176
View media item 18708177

therevverend

Veteran
I want to be sure I get all my hashplant pics from last year posted, before I begin planting this year's.

Here's a look at one of my favorite phenos of Kali Ram Hashplant. Very resinous for a sativa. All the Malana/Nirang hashplants I've grown out are more resinous then the other lower elevation Indian strains I've tried.

View media item 18708184
Here's my hand-rubbed hash creation. I'm no master, only my 2nd try, but I believe I got the hang of it. I tried it using both fresh and wilted branches. Didn't seem to make a difference. The trick is to find the right rhythm, only rub for 10 seconds, and don't try to get it all. I looked at pictures of resinated hands and watched a video of a master rubbing in Malana to get the hang of it. Otherwise it would have taken me at least 5 if not 10 attempts to get it right.

View media item 18708182
Here's some pics of my Sensi Star x Puck Bx2. Can't keep straight how many Bx it is, I put a different number every time. My money is on bx2 this time. Fantastic hashplant, Cricket and Cicadas does fantastic breeding. The Hindu Purple Kush x M10 was fantastic as well. Great smoke. Of course mold is a factor with these sort of plants. There was one pheno of each that had zero resistance, lost most of them, and one factor that fought the mold. It's been said again and again but it's like the best smoke of the '90s. Big gooey resinous hashy buds. A pleasure to grow and a pleasure to smoke.

View media item 18705418
View media item 18705321

therevverend

Veteran
Been digging up more pictures of last year's stuff. Here's a look at the Zer Karez landrace from ILE's 2020 Durand Line project. Zer Karez is a village in Zabol province. Very dry desert conditions, over 2000 meters.

View media item 18708594
View media item 18708593
Another hashplant with a fantastic smell, spicy and hashy. The calyxes had a decent amount of resin but the flowers never densed up. A lot of the Durand line stuff is like this, likely an adaptation to the dry climate. It's disappointing but there's breeding potential. The plant was big with a column structure, long upright branches. I made most of her into hashish.

Here's a look at my little purple volunteer. Not sure what the ancestry is, could be Maruf black x purple bomb, could be something else. Effects are nice, slightly psychedelic, stoney, and enjoyable. Already have some seedlings going this year.

View media item 18708592
View media item 18708589
Here's another look at my big 88g13hp. She's old school. The most colorful one I've grown, one of the biggest. The effects are great, quite potent. Flowers didn't get as big and dense as I would have liked. Showed hit and miss mold resistance.

View media item 18708590

therevverend

Veteran
stem blight.
Forgot to mention that, the stalk tends to rot in addition to the bud rot.

The green pheno is mold resistant, I believe it's more HP dominate. That's the one to look out for. Beautiful fat lime green flowers. The colorful one leans more towards the g13 and is mold prone. The smaller nugs on mine turned out to be a blessing, much less mold then if they'd turned out dense. The year I had both phenos the colorful one finished a couple weeks earlier then the green one but the difference in mold was night and day. I need to dig through my seeds, find any breeding I did with the mold resistant one. And if you have F2s it's something to watch out for, for breeding mold resistance into lines.

Radicle Rye

Forgot to mention that, the stalk tends to rot in addition to the bud rot.

The green pheno is mold resistant, I believe it's more HP dominate. That's the one to look out for. Beautiful fat lime green flowers. The colorful one leans more towards the g13 and is mold prone. The smaller nugs on mine turned out to be a blessing, much less mold then if they'd turned out dense. The year I had both phenos the colorful one finished a couple weeks earlier then the green one but the difference in mold was night and day. I need to dig through my seeds, find any breeding I did with the mold resistant one. And if you have F2s it's something to watch out for, for breeding mold resistance into lines.
Thanks... great to know that information! I have some '88G13/HP running indoors currently. This will make my eyes that more honed in on the hash plant type!

Icemud

Here is 1 of 2 88G13HP's that I had in a small open pollination "pollen chuck". I didn't like the terps as much on this phenos so running it out to flower and kept the other one for future chucks. Got a lot of seeds though to explore in the future using 3 males, 2 females.

Attachments

• 88G13HP.jpg
    88G13HP.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41

therevverend

Veteran
Hashplant seedlings are looking great. Plenty of cool rainy days, gray skies, but when the sun burns through they jump up fast. I've been moving quite a few in at night, mostly to let them dry out. The ones I leave outside I put up against the house so they're protected by the eaves. I've seen some leaners and scragglers but so far no fatalities from dampening off.

Here's one of my Aunt of Farouks. They look very similar to each other, similar size and shape, could be clones. It exudes hashiness.

View media item 18709492
Helmand Glue. These could surprise, very resinous for seedlings.

View media item 18709489
View media item 18709490
Kushkak from Afghan Selections. Vigorous strong plants..

View media item 18709491
This Tirah Valley from Landrace Warden is my biggest plant so far this year. Next to a God's Bud that was slow to start then got it's stem damaged. Lucky it's still alive, I've been babying it. When I feel like my plants are getting stunted by the rain, not growing fast enough, I do this sort of comparison.

View media item 18709496
I'm interested in how these turn out. Hardly a hint of color besides green, no matter the cold. Can't wait to see what the flowers are like. This one could become a giant.