What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashplants

therevverend

Veteran
The Indian Landrace Exchange's King's Bud from Balochistan are the last plants to sex this year. They're almost certainly both male. Here's a look.

20230828_175916.jpg
20230828_175942.jpg

20230902_161352.jpg

They smell like a hashplant should. A rich deep dark narcotic hashiness. The Baloch hashplants are some of the best landrace genetics in the world. The only drawback, for me, is that they come from 29 degrees N latitude. They just don't flower soon enough for my northern temperate climate. I've noticed other growers in southern climates like California and Oklahoma don't have this problem. I'm hoping I get polllen while my plants are still receptive so I can make earlier flowering hybrids.

The Kushkaks from Afghan Selection are more photosensitive. This isn't surprising, I was excited to try them out this year because Kushkak is at 36 degrees N. Similar latitude to northern California. The small started throwing hairs about a week ago. The bigger one I'm excited about has been slower. I was starting to get worried, when I checked today she's started! Should be just enough time for her to finish if the mold doesn't get her.

They both have a nice dank hash smell. Not a sweet or fruity type. I could tell when the larger one made it's switch from veg to flowering. About a week ago it showed purple highlights on the petioles of it's new leaves. A small subtle change but it told me it was paying attention to the season.

20230830_190509.jpg
20230830_181340.jpg

20230830_190350.jpg
20230830_190400.jpg

p59teitel

@therevverend just to throw a little more confusion into the Tirah origins stew, Angus of TRSC told me that oldtimers reported that Mazar seeds had made their way to Tirah in the 1970s.

To your point about everything running late for you I am still waiting on one Dakshinkali to declare sex, going up the ladder soon to check it out yet again.

p59teitel

While the four Rasoli, also Himalaya plants albeit from 4 degrees further north, are well along into flowering. This is the Queen of the Garden, 17’ tall. She is still stretching and the slowest of the four to flower -

IMG_7194.jpeg

Here are flowering branches from Rasoli 3 and 4 -

IMG_7196.jpeg

IMG_7198.jpeg

A group shot of these big Rasoli bitches. The smallest one on the right is 13’.Stem rubs are minty-camphor-eucalyptus. Very healthy and trouble-free, gave zero fucks about the monsoon months of June and July that gave the Afghans some trouble. Hoping they will be done mid-October, which might be a little optimistic -

IMG_7209.jpeg

p59teitel

And then there are the Afghans, Mazar-I-Sharif from Baaba Qo and Panjshir Valley from TRSC. The 2 Mazari girls are pretty solid, some septoria going on but not anywhere near as afflicted as the Panjshiri. This is Mazari 1, she had her apical meristem shredded by some critter a couple of months ago or else she’d have been over 9’ like her sister. Still over 6’ and stacking like mad into a very chunky plant that will have fat colas, pray for us that we get dry weather down the stretch because thicc girls are challenging in these parts. The white residue is from blasting her with copper sulfate yesterday -

IMG_7207.jpeg
IMG_7208.jpeg
IMG_7201.jpeg

Her sister is 9’ and may stretch to 10’ by the time she is done, this one was more impacted by the septoria but still not as much as the Panjshiri. Stem rubs are hashy citrus -

IMG_7212.jpeg

Last edited:

p59teitel

The Panjshiri have been problem children since they went in the ground. First they were set upon by earwigs that holed a fair number of leaves, then the septoria hit a month ago and I’ve been stripping sick leaves off ever since. Probably waited a week too long to start spraying the copper sulfate. Despite all that they are hanging in there and stacking, stem rubs on the big one are dank onion foulness, she actually sexed two weeks after her sister but has pulled ahead and is starting to sport buttons -

IMG_7214.jpeg
IMG_7215.jpeg

Her sister was really hit by the septoria and I’m surprised that she is still stacking as well as she is and made it over 8’. Smell is hashy floral. Planning on breeding both of them with the two males, one had an upright structure nearly 12’ tall with an intoxicating sandalwood/patchouli scent and the other more of a typically hashy fruity scent -
IMG_7213.jpeg

p59teitel

Finally we have Volunteer 2, which popped out of the ground this spring. Not exactly sure if she is from last year’s Waziri Repros or Baaba Qo’s Rustam Kush, or maybe both. Either way she has a nice lime Margarita scent that reminds me of the non-garlic Waziri I grew in 2020. Another septoria victim. I still figure any seed that was tough enough to survive the near record -10 F temps we had this winter is worth reproducing, so she will get knocked up by the male volunteer that also popped up this year -

IMG_7216.jpeg

p59teitel

Still at it here in SE Massachusetts. The two Baaba Qo Mazar-I-Sharif females were taken down Oct. 4 and 12, both produced pretty well. They are in the foreground here, shorter one was a little over 6 feet and would have matched the 9 feet her sister attained but for getting her top chomped off in June. Some septoria damage on the taller one. Jarred some and hung the rest in the garage for hashmaking this winter. The shorter one has a gassy melon scent and the taller one is more floral. Smokes similarly to other Balkh province hashplants although it’s not purely knockout -
IMG_7654.jpeg

IMG_7963.jpeg
IMG_7626.jpeg

Last edited:

p59teitel

TRSC Panjshiri had a real tough time with septoria. Ended up with two females, one that hit 8 feet with flowers similar to the Mazari, you can see the branches are sparsely flowered and the second pic shows how the septoria affected the flowers - a real pain to trim.

The other one got up to just shy of 12 feet with a strong onion scent and I still have the bottom half of that one going - samples are surprisingly strong despite not seeing a lot of frost. Bracts are huge even though not dense and as the nights get colder they are developing purple stripes -
IMG_7800.jpeg

IMG_7912.jpeg

IMG_8281.jpeg

IMG_8280.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8281.jpeg
    IMG_8281.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

p59teitel

TRSC Rasoli are the stars of this season, they ranged in height from 13 feet to 18 feet, just msssive plants. Other than all being huge I have to say there’s a lot more diversity to this strain than expected. The two shorter ones had wispy lemony flowers - as shown just below the group pic - and both were taken down a couple of weeks ago as counter-intuitively they were more susceptible to botrytis than their thicker sisters.

The 15 footer has denser flowers with a floral scent and the 18 footer turned black with purpling bracts and a dank almost mimeograph fluid odor. These two remind me of the Tirah that I grew two years ago. Both of those have been topped with the rest still going; the top of the 18 footer is shown. Trying to get a few more cold nights to finish them off.

IMG_7761.jpeg

IMG_8027.jpeg

IMG_8107.jpeg
IMG_8246.jpeg
IMG_8264.jpeg

p59teitel

Last up and by far the latest to flower are TRSC Dakshinkali. I probably need to get these to Thanksgiving to get much bulk out of them, although what has formed so far shows a fair amount of resin. These are even bigger than the Rasoli, with the tallest one topping out at 19 feet and the shortest one 17 feet. I’ve seen zero botrytis or septoria on these so far. Flowers have a minty camphor menthol scent. They along with the rest of what’s still on the ground have been through two frosts already with no damage, although they have a big test coming up this weekend with two nights in the upper 20s forecasted. Might hedge my bets by taking some of the top branches off, as I do want to get some flower out of this strain, since that is what it is grown for -

IMG_8275.jpeg
IMG_8268.jpeg
IMG_8204.jpeg
IMG_8116.jpeg

Last edited:

p59teitel

Finally done with the season today, these Dakshinkali from TRSC made it through five or six frosts as low as 25 F, but tonight will be even colder and I didn’t want the flowers to freeze as I want to make fresh hand-rolled hash. Set a new personal record for latest date still in the ground, they beat a big Tirah that made it to Nov 18th a couple of years ago. Trying to recreate the old-school Temple Balls we used to get in the 70s that made you one with the universe while holding hands with the Buddha lol

Crazy tall, they ranged from 17 to 19 feet. Extremely late to flower, but perhaps one benefit of that is there is zero rot on any of them. Despite the flowers being sparse, the resin is pretty sticky and minty/camphor/eucalyptus smells predominate. Glad someone else is hosting Thanksgiving as I’ll be too busy serving a hard labor sentence in trim jail to cook lol

Attachments

• IMG_8523.jpeg
    IMG_8523.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8531.jpeg
    IMG_8531.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8545.jpeg
    IMG_8545.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8541.jpeg
    IMG_8541.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8533.jpeg
    IMG_8533.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
It's crazy how the latest stuff can finish without mold, because the temperatures get too cold for the botrytis to prosper. I've still got a yard full of moldy plants, don't have the heart to cut them down. There's always the hope they make it through. They won't...

Harvested the parts of the Kushkak that I could a couple weeks back. She was a disappointment in some ways, a success in others. Like a lot of Afghan landraces she was just too late, too much of a difference in photoperiod or climate to yield or finish properly. Even so I got a few nice purple colas. Loose and airy but they're resinous.

View media item 18715211
View media item 18715205
The flowers don't have an impressive smell, basically peanut butter. The keeper was the male that had a fantastic rose perfume incense smell. He flowered so late I wasn't able to get any seed. Disappointing but it's a landrace in a temperate climate. If you get something that works you know it's special.

Harvested the primary tips of my Tirah Valley a couple days ago. Her sister was a total loss to mold. The sister of the Kushkak was also a total loss. She's not winning any cannabis cups, the flowers are loose and airy. Still, she has a wonderful hashy smell for a plant that has had 15 minutes of direct sunlight a day for since early October.

View media item 18715207
I had two Nirang Himalayan hasplant X (Pot of gold hashplant x apricot helix) that were Nirang dominate. Came out spicy and nice like the mother. Had some mold issues and thin leafy colas but still special stuff.

View media item 18715209
Overall it wasn't a great year. Rains came early, my seed projects got sabotaged by the mold. At a certain point you get frustrated. Even so I got plenty of nice ganja. Much less of the high quality stuff but never a total loss.

View media item 18715210
View media item 18715212
Could be my last year growing here, didn't go out with a bang but that's okay. I've had a lot of good times, lots of great ganja. We'll see what next year brings!

Finally done with the season today, these Dakshinkali from TRSC made it through five or six frosts as low as 25 F, but tonight will be even colder and I didn’t want the flowers to freeze as I want to make fresh hand-rolled hash. Set a new personal record for latest date still in the ground, they beat a big Tirah that made it to Nov 18th a couple of years ago. Trying to recreate the old-school Temple Balls we used to get in the 70s that made you one with the universe while holding hands with the Buddha lol

Crazy tall, they ranged from 17 to 19 feet. Extremely late to flower, but perhaps one benefit of that is there is zero rot on any of them. Despite the flowers being sparse, the resin is pretty sticky and minty/camphor/eucalyptus smells predominate. Glad someone else is hosting Thanksgiving as I’ll be too busy serving a hard labor sentence in trim jail to cook lol
How was that herb?!

BC*Dankster*

Here are some photos of Skunk x puck bx2 from Crickets and Cicadas. 8.5 weeks flowering . No real skunk aroma, but some rubbery and a couple smell like sweaty gym clothes

Attachments

• IMG_3580.jpeg
    IMG_3580.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3579.jpeg
    IMG_3579.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3574.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3575.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 21
Indian Landrace Red Balochian, out of 5 I started 2 were duds and 2 were males. This one tastes and smells great, the smell is like fresh fruit mixed with rotting fruit, super sticky, large leafy buds but they’re airy. Super sticky plant, I grew it small but will do a hash run on the next cycle.

Attachments

• BA67F2F6-76BF-4A88-B9B2-43B7F4D2281E.jpeg
    BA67F2F6-76BF-4A88-B9B2-43B7F4D2281E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24

p59teitel

Rushing to finish up the dry sift hash season tonight since it looks like the last night of below freezing temps for a while. Already did The Real Seed Co Panjshiri and Baaba Wo’s Mazar-I-Sharif - not great yields as the Afghans struggled with septoria leaf spot.

This is The Real Seed Co’s Rasoli, which was the real star of last year’s grow - enormous plants up to 18 feet that finished in early November. The smells from these ranged from lemony to a somewhat foul odor that reminded me a bit of a couple of the Tirah I grew in 2021. Hash from this is very nice, uplifting yet calm -

IMG_8967.jpeg
IMG_8974.jpeg
IMG_9046.jpeg
IMG_9044.jpeg
IMG_9062.jpeg

p59teitel

The last is The Real Seed Co’s Dakshinkali. Despite being way slow to flower and the colas being wispy it is very resinous and sticky and really accumulates on my hands when I crush it. The three plants ranged from 17 to 19 feet!

I think I will dry sift maybe half of this and simply hand rub the rest. The smells from this are piney minty camphor and the high is really nice -

IMG_9094.jpeg
IMG_9095.jpeg
IMG_9097.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts