What's new

Hashplants in BC

OnceUpon

managed to preserve that hp x mik in some other fashion too i hope?
i think i also remember some of those MMSC HP f2's... was a bummer i didnt get to try em, especially after loving the hp x mikado so much
bigbiag, ill say it again (cus im kinda excited)consider the ACE KaliChina, (chinese hashplant x kali Mist x chinese) f5.... the only thing close to that old fav hashplant x mikado ive seen in all these years..... im curious how it would mix with whatever you've got coookin

bigbag

Veteran
I've worked with Reef's Chinese Yunnan genetic's that I believe to be very similar to ACE's, as they did collabo's back in the day ;) will look into it...
ps- MMSC HP is still available in it's current form

BC*Dankster*

Anyone worked doc bush hashmaster before? Was flipping through " the big book of buds 1" today and seen it in there. Tried google search for seeds but can't find any...

OnceUpon

Yes, Ace & Reef shared some seeds somewhere along the way.. probably the same. KaliChina is their "refined" version of Yunnan... ACE "nepal jam" nepalese genetics came from RM curious about that one too (although im off topic again)

did a little search for the MMSC stuff.any hints where to find thier hashplant?

OnceUpon

well..... just talked to a friend who did the current version of that MMSC hashplant a couple summers ago, zero finished. so i guess its not the mid sept finisher it used to be!

bigbag

Veteran
^ I believe the old version contained Mighty Mite, as I even had a 3rd week of August sweet onion pheno ;)

BC*Dankster*

Tried posting earlier and not sure what happened. hope this isn't a double post . ok , so has anyone tried bodhi's " original hash plant" strain. Lineage is PNW HP x 88g13. Wondering what the PNW HP is like ,and how is the 88g13? Is the PNW hp same as BCHP?

Highcountry

PNW hashplant is the same cut Nevil used to make his hp crosses. It’s discussed in the mr bob hemphill interview on the pot cast.

Highcountry

If I remember correctly it is discussed in the interview. Sounds like a super strong indica. Put you down for the day type high. Check out the duke diamond and Bodhi interviews. They might talk about the 88g13hp there.

rykus

Just started working towards making some more hash plant seed.. for gifted a cut that looks like a decent hp but not imo the one I had in mind, yet to run her proper though.

But I started some old hp seeds I picked out of bud back in the day,5 of almost 20 sprouted so not that great germ rate.. also got 5/10 on some old reeferman lemon Larry x hash plant so I will hit the cut/selfed seeds with that..

Also popped some seeds from the cut out of the old “bc bud to the max” thread by bubble man... x’d With another hashplant then to the king Kush and then pink Kush.., got a hp throw back so I isolated that line to look through too.. had big hashy hp looking bud!

Wish me luck!

BC*Dankster*

Hey Rykus, how is the hashplant search going ? Did you find any nostalgic lime green bubbly calyx ones yet ? I just finished a few rounds of bodhi seeds “ old school hash plant “ . Has some awesome phenos but lacks in flavour . Out of 22 females only two had much flavour lol. I decided to hit my Lindsay og mom with some oshp pollen ... should be interesting .

Tynehead Tom

we still haven't found the legit old BC biker hashplant….. it may very well be extinct.
When BC Big Bud hit the clone rooms, most of the cash croppers in the Vancouver/lowermainland switched away from NL5, Blueberry (not DJ's) , and the HP.
Those 3 plants were the staple in the big biker affiliated grows in the late 90's, early 2000's/
Around the same time, Marc emery went into full swing offering an array of seeds that inevitably changed the Vancouver/Lowermainland grow scene. Sustained pressure by the rcmp during the chretien liberal government saw a great many lowermainland grow and clones houses move to the interior or close down altogether.
This also happened as BC Big Bud started to become a staple because it was easy to grow, cheap to feed, and produced weight. It also produced a finished product with little or no visible red pistils.
At the time, The lowermainland larger growers were exporting most of their product to the states. I would guess that 80% of the weed being grown by connected grows was selling the US buyers. They insisted that the product not have "red hairs"
So many really good strains were cast by the wayside in favor of appearance and weight.
The BC HP and NL5 were varieties that suffered this fate.
We held the BC HP for many years and I lost her in a move and was not able to grow for a few years. When we did get her back , from the Langley affiliated growers, I held her in a clone house until 2005 when we were raided in a home invasion. I stopped growing until 2015 as a result.

I have hit up every old connection I can manage to track down and have still come up empty on both the original NL5 cut and the BC HP.
That HP was not a yielder but it produced amazingly tight little nuggets that I would say cured, resemble bubba kush or an OG type cured appearance. Frost like the cookie strains and many of the flavors are similar to these lines. BUT.... that Biker HP had an incredible slightly citrus , slightly marshmellow , some pine and sandal wood. I used to love taking the toke thru my nose LOL and the aromas and flavors would just stick to your palate.

I have not found it yet if it still exists but if anyone does find it..... get it to me and I will start the process of cubing it and sharing it. I would dedicate my entire plant count to bringing that strain back thru selective breeding/cubing.

I also do not believe that reeferman, chimera and many other Canadian seed makers ever had that cut. If you were not affiliated , you did not get that cut outside of club circles.
The one cross I did make was HP x original Shiskaberry. Out of a few hundred seeds I isolated one female we called Hashka.
When I moved, I gave the tray of Hashka to tim Koebel and he gave it to his uncle for safe keeping. They scammed me and I never got my Hashka back. However.... it lived on obviously and who knows what they named it. Over the years the odd person I've met has had a bag of that weed they bought from their dealer. Haven't managed to track down a grower with the cut though LOL
Hashka was the best tasting weed I have ever smoked , even to this day.

Hash Plant

Hash Plant

I have a clone of hash plant that was gifted to me.

It is a hindu kush indica that that is coveted by a medical license holder I know that uses it for pain relief.

BC*Dankster*

Tynehead Tom, I feel ya on your quest. Somebody has got to still have cuts of these said plants that we are searching for, and with social media/ internet, we should be able to source them. That being said, many old timers don't have or want the use of computers etc, and even if they did, to connect with one would be a fluke for sure. As for the breeders having these cuts, I agree with you that its highly unlikely. Pretty sure the hp we are talking about are different, but we are on the same quest lol. The one that Im searching for I think my dealer back in the mid 90's was getting it from the Sunshine Coast. He said his friend grew them aeroponically and they would just grow short stout plants that would have "football" sized buds. Lime green , little red hair and reeked like RKS. I am starting to think other genetics played a role in the girl I'm looking for. He used to call it big bud hash plant , and said something about California hash plant As well. Perhaps it was a cross of bc big bud, hash plant, and RKS? Anyways, the strongest smoke I have ever had , and it reeked so bad that we couldn't keep it in our school lockers , even triple bagged. It made the craziest silkscreen hash, as the buds were covered in huge trichomes. The hash plants I've seen have similarities but they just don't truly compare.

Tynehead Tom

I agree, we are questing for 2 different plants.
The HP I am after was only found in the hands of biker affiliated grows back then. I was under strict conditions to never share it and that pissed off a lot of my friends but thems the brakes. Was a different scene back then.
The biker HP had a strong acrid sweet nose to the bag coupled with the strongest real black afghan hash smell. No skunk in that HP I can guarantee it.
I often wondered it is was maybe an early NL x with something like a Durban
In todays terms.... that biker hashplant would win Cups everywhere it was that good.
Still to this day, right up there with he best weed I have smoked and it isn't just nostalgic memory. That plant made a lasting impression and I wish I could find it.