What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashplant Haze x KaliChina, Zamaldelica elite x Panama Goddess

SolarLogos

HPH Harvest time

HPH Harvest time

Tomorrow is harvest day for HPHxKC. Her calyxes cannot swell anymore and are swallowing up hairs. She has not put out any new hairs in the past 2 days, so I took another look at her trichomes. I say she can come down in the morning.

Dubi: She only went 7 weeks in flower outdoors!

They look mostly cloudy and a few ambers. I'll update tomorrow once she is down.

Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend :)

Enjoying here your show like a kid in front of a candy store ehehhehe
Happy about your excitement! ;) Looks indeed like the HashPlant Hazes x Kali China will be done very soon.

Some Kali Chinas can be harvested in just 7 weeks, but the HashPlant Haze cross should take a while more .... if the weather allows it and forecast is good for the upcoming days then i would let the HPH x KC ripe a few days more ... i think they can produce some extra frost with 7-10 days more of flowering, although right harvest time is always very subjective and depend a lot on the grower's preferences.

Mountainkush

That’s interesting about the males. I read something like that before and thought about it but would really like a dedicated small tent or something. Do you flower them in the same space as your females until they are ready? I can’t alway keep a close eye on them since I run my lights overnight.

Really fast finish on the hph, even if you do let them go another week. I was expecting more like 10-12 weeks but I guess I’ll find out for myself soon enough. Gonna let mine recover from training for a few days and put them to flower after the weekend I think.

What kind of smell are you getting from the ZamxPan?

SolarLogos

Hi friend
smile.gif

Enjoying here your show like a kid in front of a candy store ehehhehe
Happy about your excitement!
wink.gif
Looks indeed like the HashPlant Hazes x Kali China will be done very soon.

Some Kali Chinas can be harvested in just 7 weeks, but the HashPlant Haze cross should take a while more .... if the weather allows it and forecast is good for the upcoming days then i would let the HPH x KC ripe a few days more ... i think they can produce some extra frost with 7-10 days more of flowering, although right harvest time is always very subjective and depend a lot on the grower's preferences.
Greetings Dubi and once again, thank you for your guidance. I took a small flower from the bottom to dry yesterday. As I was going to bed, I knew I was probably not going to chop her, was thinking 3-4 more days, especially after trimming the bud, which looks like she can use a few more days at least. The good news is we are projected to get into the mid 80's F(29C) until almost the end of the month. No rain in site so I can easily give her another week or more. Thanks again Dubi for both your kind words and advise.
Just a small nug from a bottom branch. This girl does not produce little popcorn buds:dance013:

That’s interesting about the males. I read something like that before and thought about it but would really like a dedicated small tent or something. Do you flower them in the same space as your females until they are ready? I can’t alway keep a close eye on them since I run my lights overnight.

Really fast finish on the hph, even if you do let them go another week. I was expecting more like 10-12 weeks but I guess I’ll find out for myself soon enough. Gonna let mine recover from training for a few days and put them to flower after the weekend I think.

What kind of smell are you getting from the ZamxPan?
For now, yes I do keep my males in with the ladies until they get close. It's risky, but you do have to keep a close eye on them. I'm not pollinating anything indoors at the time, usually using the pollen on the OD plants. I wouldn't be able to trust completely any seed made while males are developing in the same room. I am getting another flower room just for males though and for open pollinating.
I will get back to you on the ZamPan. Pics coming later today.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome! A pleasure to help.

How would you describe the aromas of your Zamaldelica x Panama in late flowering ?
Looks like a quite balanced pheno between both strains. Have a great weekend! :huggg:

SolarLogos

ZamPan

ZamPan

You are welcome! A pleasure to help.

How would you describe the aromas of your Zamaldelica x Panama in late flowering ?
Looks like a quite balanced pheno between both strains. Have a great weekend! :huggg:
Greetings Dubi my friend!
ZamPan's aromas are really developing nicely. The smell is dominated by sweet fruit. The past few days she is developing her fresh carrot smells, which are becoming more pronounced. No pepper smells and to my surprise, no lemon from the panama. I will start another seed here shortly and see if I can find one with a little more panama smells in her, I love the lemon from panama.
I forgot to mention, I transplanted both of them about 4 weeks ago after they finished their stretch. They have been feeding only on the bat guano and fresh ewc from my worm bins, that I added when I potted them up. ZamPan on the left.

This is the smallest bud, can we even call that popcorn bud, haha.

This is one strong, healthy and vigorous hybrid. She is still putting out new hairs.
Thanks for stopping by.
Edit: C5xKC just poked her head out of the ground!

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Both HPHxKC and ZamPan are getting close. Both are spitting out new hairs still. I thought HPHxKC was done, however she started up again.
ZamPan

HPHxKC

HPHxKC has really huge calyxes. These buds would trim up looking like top shelf.
Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Nice to see your HPHzxKC, by the looks of it they are HPHz dom, the big calyxes are a typical HashPlantHaze trait. Let them go as long as you can.
All Nevils old Haze hybrids hold pure magic in the last stages of flower. The longer, the stronger.
Thanks for the show, much appreciated!

SolarLogos

Nice to see your HPHzxKC, by the looks of it they are HPHz dom, the big calyxes are a typical HashPlantHaze trait. Let them go as long as you can.
All Nevils old Haze hybrids hold pure magic in the last stages of flower. The longer, the stronger.
Thanks for the show, much appreciated!
Greetings Yo Sammy, thank you for your kind words. I'm all in when it comes to pure magic! Patience, I certainly have so she can go as long as she needs to. I'll make you a deal, I will keep the show going, you tell me when to quit, haha.
She looked ready last week, but Dubi asked me to give her another 10 day. That was 9 days ago, but she is looking like she can go even another week, she still has new hairs coming out.
Let the show continue.
Here she is today. Her smell is really odd, nothing I've smelled before. I want to say something rotten, but not foul, kind of an organic rotting. Also a root vegetable, like rhubarb.

Huge nugs. Here is an inside bud

Here is ZamPan today. She is going to be deadly. Carrot comes foremost, followed by fruity and floral smells. Again, no lemon from Panama yet, maybe it will show up in the cure.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Looks awesome brother! I found out today I can go ahead with small expansion of my garden when I Reno the floor. To celebrate I’m going to start getting ready to pop more of the testers Dubi sent me :peacock::woohoo:

Hope to share in experiencing these plants soon!

SolarLogos

HPHxKC

HPHxKC

Thanks for the updates, they look great.
Looks awesome brother! I found out today I can go ahead with small expansion of my garden when I Reno the floor. To celebrate I’m going to start getting ready to pop more of the testers Dubi sent me :peacock::woohoo:

Hope to share in experiencing these plants soon!
You'll be in for a fun ride, because these girls just keep on going. Ten days ago, she had stopped putting out hairs and all were withered/brown. After 2 days, she started up again and is putting out new hairs even today. I'll let her go as long as necessary. Thanks guys!

Good call Dubi and Yo Sammy.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Thanks Yukon, you know how to celebrate!
These girls still have white hairs, but I haven't seen any new ones today. These are every bit as heavy and very dense as they look.

They put up with all day/night 35 mph winds with gusts up to 70 mph. Weather has been in the mid 80's and now we are at the high 60s to low 70s. I'm moving her today into the greenhouse to finish up, as well as the zampan. Here she is today

Sammy: Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet:biggrin:
She has been the most fun to grow. Her clone is outside in flower and will be part of my greenhouse winter grow.
Edit: Her smells have really evolved nicely. There is this initial smell like expired food, but not as strong or as rotten as it smelled before. Past that, she is mostly metal (first time I've smelled metal in cannabis) and aged wood, like cutting into an aged piece of hardwood.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

SolarLogos

ZamPan

ZamPan

Not much to say about ZamPan, other than she is beautiful with those lovely narrow leaves of her. Her smells are sweet, fruity and carrot smell and I believe I am getting a hint of lemon in the back.
She is almost done.

She has been real easy to grow. Other than 6.8 pH water, she is still cruising on the guano and ewc at the bloom transplant.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Thanks Yukon, you know how to celebrate!
These girls still have white hairs, but I haven't seen any new ones today. These are every bit as heavy and very dense as they look.

They put up with all day/night 35 mph winds with gusts up to 70 mph. Weather has been in the mid 80's and now we are at the high 60s to low 70s. I'm moving her today into the greenhouse to finish up, as well as the zampan. Here she is today
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80601&pictureid=1984957&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80601&pictureid=1984958&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80601&pictureid=1984959&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Sammy: Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet:biggrin:
She has been the most fun to grow. Her clone is outside in flower and will be part of my greenhouse winter grow.
Edit: Her smells have really evolved nicely. There is this initial smell like expired food, but not as strong or as rotten as it smelled before. Past that, she is mostly metal (first time I've smelled metal in cannabis) and aged wood, like cutting into an aged piece of hardwood.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Thanks for shedding some light on the smell although I cannot immediately connect it to HP/Hz. I‘m curious how the aroma’s will evolve after the chop and a good cure. Your are one of the first cultivators growing this new line so all info is very much appreciated.
The buds look great! Yummy and tasty, definitely almost there haha
Have a great one
:tiphat:

SolarLogos

Thanks for shedding some light on the smell although I cannot immediately connect it to HP/Hz. I‘m curious how the aroma’s will evolve after the chop and a good cure. Your are one of the first cultivators growing this new line so all info is very much appreciated.
The buds look great! Yummy and tasty, definitely almost there haha
Have a great one
:tiphat:
Thank you Yo Sammy. ZamPan came down today. I have to wash all my flowers this year because the wind covered them in dirt, dust and debris.

HPHz x KC has her clone in flower, about week 3. She will be part of my winter greenhouse grow. I am going to take some of the HPHz x KC in stages, letting some go as long as possible. Here she is today. I cleaned up a flower to show you how big this girl is. She is solid, very heavy and dense. I would love to put her in the ground early, beginning of spring and trellis her with nets. That would be an epic grow.

Great job Dubi and Yo Sammy, this girl is a huge winner so far.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Got all five HpHaze x KC seeds sprouted and growing... going to be a long slow veg then flower cuts in about 12-14 weeks

Mountainkush

Congrats on the ZamxPan harvest! Hope you can clean her up ok.
Can’t wait to hear how she smokes.
Lovely HphxKc, she definitely sounds interesting with the rotten food and metal notes.

SolarLogos

HPHz/KC

HPHz/KC

Congrats on the ZamxPan harvest! Hope you can clean her up ok.
Can’t wait to hear how she smokes.
Lovely HphxKc, she definitely sounds interesting with the rotten food and metal notes.
Thanks MK. I took one spear off of the HPHz x KC and am letting the rest go a little longer. After trimming it, I could see how much dirt and debris the wind storm left on the plants. Here is a pic HxP, look at the dirt piled up on that leaf in the middle.

All the buds at harvest time have to go through a wash. I put up a cloths line in the shade, out of the sun and have 3 clean buckets ready to do the wash right outside, as I harvest. Once they are no longer dripping water, they can get moved into the drying room.

I can't imagine how much dust I've been sniffing off the buds. After cleaning the HPHz x KC cola and letting it dry off, her smells are much more clean and clear, in fact quite nice. That rotten smell has translated into a musty smell, like fresh compost. There is also a light fruity smell. I asked my wife for a second opinion and she thought it was just fruity with the musty smell.
With ZamPam, the first thing noticeable is a fruit, almost a juicy fruit. She has some floral and a sweet/bitter citrus peel that almost reaches the frequency of pine; That's the only way I can describe it, I perceive color, smell, etc. in frequency, don't know how else, if that makes sense to you. When I asked my wife, she said it was definitely skunky, but not exactly skunk. It does have that strong, pungent cannabis odor, close to skunk, but not exactly skunk or off putting in any way.
I will keep it updated and get more pics of the HPHz x KC tomorrow.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

Thanks for the updates and for all your detailed descriptions.
Your efforts and dedication towards your beloved plants are really inspiring and touching :huggg:

Looks like Zamaldelica x Panama and HashPlant Haze x Kali China will be this weekend in the perfect moment for harvest time :)
Congrats and enjoy this moment!

Latest posts

Latest posts