What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone seen this?

tommygh

Plant health looks good but the droop look is a sign of over watering happening. Let em dry out a lil more between waterings an water less next time. You should read up on a small Blumat kit that will water for you when they need it.

Funny thing is that if I tweak the clawed leaves they bounce up. The canoeing also due in part to the fan going over the top but working on that too.

Last edited:

tommygh

Lookin forward to the next update T. You should look into a LED unit, should help with your heat issue.

Thanks. Yep the height is an issue this time. Even though there's still no calyxes on either of the other 2 I want to see what the end result might be. I'll probably only update those 2 when they're done.

I'll post pics of the giant next weekend.

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

This is the youngest of the lot and she's finally starting to produce some calyxes. The oldest is also a beanstalk but she had a hefty root and her top is also getting prettier. Not sure why the 2 didn't fan out like the big girl but both are doing fine. I did cut off 2 smaller lower shoots which will give her a little boost even though it's a bit late. I'm a lot more willing to experiment with the skinnier 2 girls.

Beginning of week 3 Gold Leaf flowering:

C'est la vie. Plantzilla should hold me once she's cured :trampoline:

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Here's the oldest (and tallest). Seeing some bud growth on both now. Hopefully looking like a huge cola at the tops of both. Anyone ever have this happen where you get just the one large top? I'm sure the colas will be big and fat but what's the quality and taste of these buds? Any experiences? You'd think it'd be explosive but just wondering.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Here's the oldest (and tallest). Seeing some bud growth on both now. Hopefully looking like a huge cola at the tops of both. Anyone ever have this happen where you get just the one large top? I'm sure the colas will be big and fat but what's the quality and taste of these buds? Any experiences? You'd think it'd be explosive but just wondering.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63654&pictureid=1526506&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63654&pictureid=1526507&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Your first pic tells the story of its veg life. The first half you can see it was stretching for the light, but then the light increased closing up the nodes a lil tighter. The plant did this when there was adequate amount of lumens per sq ft.

With better training an light positioning this type of "wasted" growth can be avoided once you get it down.

No quality loss from what has happened, just quantity loss. Looks like you will get a big top an some side shoots.

tommygh

Your first pic tells the story of its veg life. The first half you can see it was stretching for the light, but then the light increased closing up the nodes a lil tighter. The plant did this when there was adequate amount of lumens per sq ft.

With better training an light positioning this type of "wasted" growth can be avoided once you get it down.

No quality loss from what has happened, just quantity loss. Looks like you will get a big top an some side shoots.

The T5's were no more than a couple of inches from the tops during veg and about 14 inches with the HPS lamps as of 3 weeks ago. It's a naturally tall strain and they're already the height of my WW full grown. Had they all developed the way they should there would definitely have been some lighting concerns but with my 2 tall single shoot Gold Leafs it manages to work out OK. Can't wait to see how they'll look come :xmastree:

At least removing the lower unproductive shoots on my beanstalks has led to a few nice calyxes/flowers.

Last edited:

tommygh

Maybe some other influence caused the early on stretch. Christmas nugs are always a joy.

They won't be done until about a week after New Year's. What're the odds of me popping a couple of nugs into the oven....pretty high! Should be very tasty come springtime.

Nodes are much more compact on the Goldzilla so it's probably because the beanstalks had no plant-like growth to slow them down :good:

Last edited:

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Amazed at how she's growing and getting stronger by the day. Fussing a bit with this Gold Leaf winner, and she's looking 100%, and truth be told she's doing it on her own.

Thanks for the tip on watering A_s. I've been holding off a couple of hours and watering a little bit less. Still she's drinking about 1 gal. in a 3 gal. pot before the r/o starts to trickle. The Epsom Garden Lime is helping with the low PH but that's just the way FFOF works and as you say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Amazed at how she's growing and getting stronger by the day. Fussing a bit with this Gold Leaf winner, and she's looking 100%, and truth be told she's doing it on her own.

Thanks for the tip on watering A_s. I've been holding off a couple of hours and watering a little bit less. Still she's drinking about 1 gal. in a 3 gal. pot before the r/o starts to trickle. The Epsom Garden Lime is helping with the low PH but that's just the way FFOF works and as you say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63654&pictureid=1528024&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63654&pictureid=1528025&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63654&pictureid=1528026&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Next time you get soil, you should think about grabbing Roots 707 soil. Good to go out the bag, an it's carried at Ohana Greenhouse supp. on Nimitz st. Haven't had any issues with ph an I didn't amend with any ph buffer. I know ya don't wanna do all the amendment mixing to make your own. Just an idea for another route to go with soil. I used it on half my girls this run an I got it again for the next. :tiphat:

tommygh

Next time you get soil, you should think about grabbing Roots 707 soil. Good to go out the bag, an it's carried at Ohana Greenhouse supp. on Nimitz st. Haven't had any issues with ph an I didn't amend with any ph buffer. I know ya don't wanna do all the amendment mixing to make your own. Just an idea for another route to go with soil. I used it on half my girls this run an I got it again for the next. :tiphat:

Wondering if my r/o readings matter at all. As long as I don't get any real crazy high results and the girls have that nice green color, I'm inclined to use FFOF w/ their trio of nutes again (like we say), but that's a great suggestion. :groupwave:

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Plant health looks good but the droop look is a sign of over watering happening. Let em dry out a lil more between waterings an water less next time. You should read up on a small Blumat kit that will water for you when they need it.

You were right A_s. I pretty much overwatered the one other normal girl, and now she's come down with a bad case of root rot and what appears to be a calcium deficiency. I was being careless and watered along with the others even though she was clearly still wet.

Made a tea with blood meal, Epsoma Garden Lime, some H2O2, and a bit of molasses. Watered her a lot less. Heading to the beach, and by the time I get back she'll probably look like what was left of my first grow. The beanstalk is doing fine, but this one had the tighter nodes.

Last edited:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Actually I made the tea with the lime and molasses and added the H2O2 right before watering. Too soon to tell if I can save her but the flowers are doing OK for now. On this one and the beanstalk its pretty much just one big cola :1help:

Really sucks being a hermit grower cause ya loose your filter doing your own thing. I love to help but when I re-read what I type I think I sound like a dick lol. So If I ever seem to come off harsh, just remember its the internet an it is nearly impossible to read someone from what they type. Especially harder from hermit growers like myself lol.

Ok lets start with the H2O2. Why did you use it?

tommygh

Really sucks being a hermit grower cause ya loose your filter doing your own thing. I love to help but when I re-read what I type I think I sound like a dick lol. So If I ever seem to come off harsh, just remember its the internet an it is nearly impossible to read someone from what they type. Especially harder from hermit growers like myself lol.

Ok lets start with the H2O2. Why did you use it?

Since I was dealing with what looks like root rot I saw posts that mentioned it. Made sense to me cause I thought the oxidation was what was needed. I added about 2tsp. to 1gal. Figured it couldn't hurt even though I also read the H2O2 is mostly for hydro, but I saw some posts that mentioned adding it to soil. She's doing a bit better. The flowers are still in good shape.

Your initial post about watering was in the back of my mind, and I thought I had a handle on it but I didn't. Watering has never been a problem for me but I was using 5gal. pots before so the 3gal. pots threw me off.

Starting to see some nice triches especially on the one girl. She's looking great. I'll post some pics this weekend.

Last edited:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Alrighty, after many bowls an a few beers I'm back lol. H2O2 is bad for a soil situation because it kills beneficial bacteria that is the whole idea of growing "Organically" an such. You need to protect an actually get to a point of feeding what we call our "Micro-Herd" of bacteria an fungi that make up our wonderful an magical place called the Rhizosphere. You want to nurture this place an all the life that dwells there. A good book to read is "Teaming with Microbes." But mainly don't use H2O2 if you are in soil.

Now with teas there are different types of teas. Teas you can steep ( meaning just put in water an let sit for set amount of time). Teas you bubble that are for 1. Nutrients 2. Bacteria addition to the herd 3. both. Either way adding H2O2 to any tea is doing bad.

Have had a bad month of trimming, I miss sleep. Hope this helps an sends ya on a fact finding mission my friend.

tommygh

Do you have an air stone an 5 gallon bucket?

I've got my 5 gal.buckets but what's an air stone? I was aware of the deletion of some bacteria but I thought the blood meal and lime mixture would balance my use of the H2O2. That's the second time I've screwed up using a tea but in the future I won't be using any more chemicals at all in my feeding. However that being said after trimming away all the dried ends and leaves the problem seems to be subsiding so that's good.

Lesson learned about overwatering :tiphat: Mahalo uni Loa :bump:

Latest posts

Latest posts