What's new

Has anyone seen this?

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Here are the new pics after the transplant 4 days ago. The little zombie is holding her own. The bigger girl is doing great, and so is her sister. I have them all on the same feeding sked now. Despite having used all of my Gold Leaf seeds I'm happy that I wound up with 3 winners :rtfo:

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Lookin good, how close do you have the T5?

I have the T5's at about 4 inches from the tops, a lot closer than my first grow, just close enough so they can feel a little warmth from the lights. Fed them the Grow Big for the first time this morning, and I'll keep alternating between that and the Big Bloom until it's time to flip. I've got plenty of other organic ferts, but with the results that I'm getting from the Fox Farm trio, I think I'll just be sticking with that, since the liquid ferts are also a lot easier to manage and they already have all the guano and castings anyway.

If I had a nice outdoor grow area like you, I'd probably be tempted to try my hand with the organic dry ferts again. Your plants are looking terrific. The high humidity we've been having hasn't hurt either. Don't look now, but just saw there's another tropical depression heading our way. YIKES! What a year with the storms. OK I guess as long as they just do circles around us.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Good height. With the nutes, if it ain't broke.........

I'm in a micro climate that always has wind so I don't have the issues others have. I used preventative measures also to keep my ladies happy.

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Here they are @ 3 weeks. The little one in the back is the oldest (the one I planted upside-down and then put in the brown pot), the big one up front is the middle, and the smaller one next to it is the youngest. Nice huh.

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Tall Gold Leaf in back is growing like gangbusters. Trying to rotate the other 2 but they'll never come close in size. Last pic shows my oldest little Zombiejuana on the far left that's getting some nice height, but due to my poisening her with nutes and having to replant her as a baby she'll probably never get that fullness that her sisters have. Thought maybe these might be more difficult to grow than the White Widow last time, but they are going really strong with little or no effort. Can't wait to taste them :rasta:

Minute you open the door to the apartment you're hit with a super pungent fruity / spicy aroma. I'll have to start telling people that I roast my own coffee as a hobby :biggrin:

tommygh

Gonna be real stinky once your in flower. No filter yet?

Got the filter but last time it didn't do much. It pulls the air but I don't have any place to vent so the air just circulates.

Need some advice A_s! :dunno: Really like the way the bigger one is looking and next Monday we'll be at about 5 weeks. I'm wanting to veg her another week after that and then flip. Thing is that the other 2 are a bit smaller and I don't have a set up where I can (or want to) burn the T5's for the 2 and my HPS for the bigger girl. I'm thinking it should be alright to flip them all even though the other 2 are smaller, and that the worst that could happen is that the smaller girls just won't be as potent. With the bigger plant looking as good as she does I really want to concentrate on growing her to the max. Since they are now in 3 gal. pots it also looks as though the smaller ones are catching up a bit. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Got the filter but last time it didn't do much. It pulls the air but I don't have any place to vent so the air just circulates.

Need some advice A_s! :dunno: Really like the way the bigger one is looking and next Monday we'll be at about 5 weeks. I'm wanting to veg her another week after that and then flip. Thing is that the other 2 are a bit smaller and I don't have a set up where I can (or want to) burn the T5's for the 2 and my HPS for the bigger girl. I'm thinking it should be alright to flip them all even though the other 2 are smaller, and that the worst that could happen is that the smaller girls just won't be as potent. With the bigger plant looking as good as she does I really want to concentrate on growing her to the max. Since they are now in 3 gal. pots it also looks as though the smaller ones are catching up a bit. Any thoughts?

Super crop the big girl to bush her out an let the others catch up in the week of veg. Tis what i would do, also algle your light to be a tad closer to the 2 shorter ones.

Circulating is still cleaning some air. Better than nothing. I'm just on ripper alert lol, i would hate for some punk to rip your goods from smelling it.

tommygh

Super crop the big girl to bush her out an let the others catch up in the week of veg. Tis what i would do, also algle your light to be a tad closer to the 2 shorter ones.

Circulating is still cleaning some air. Better than nothing. I'm just on ripper alert lol, i would hate for some punk to rip your goods from smelling it.

I've got the lamp on 30º angle. Both smaller plants are even height wise. My only problem with topping is that I want the bigger girl in her natural state :blowbubbles: I'd gladly top the others if they were all even. Pretty much down to my topped WW which is OK.

I'll be using your advice with the filter. Mahalo, and good luck :watchplant:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I've got the lamp on 30º angle. Both smaller plants are even height wise. My only problem with topping is that I want the bigger girl in her natural state :blowbubbles: I'd gladly top the others if they were all even. Pretty much down to my topped WW which is OK.

I'll be using your advice with the filter. Mahalo, and good luck :watchplant:
Super cropping is basically bruising the stalk where you would normally cut/top like your thinking. The top stops growing for 3-5 days while it heals an it maks the side shoots griw up thinking they are the tops now giving them the auxin to grow faster. You don't loose that top, only stall it. A nuckle will form making that top your biggest on the plant unless its done to a few tops.

Rippers are going hard right now lol. Shits real.

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Trying some LST on the big girl and seeing how it goes for another week or 2, then they're going under the HPS light.

Last edited:

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

This LST went much smoother then with the WW. It's my understanding that there's a higher Sativa makeup in this strain. She bent over to the touch, whereas LST'ing the WW almost seemed useless, other than the quality was pretty robust.

Wired her but it almost felt like I didn't need to; she was rubber in my hands. Watered beforehand and already the nub has bounced back up. The smaller 2 don't soak up near as much water but using FF BigGrow on them so crossing my fingers.

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Turned the filter on and its a big difference. A_s always your tips are much appreciated. LETS GO METS!

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Sucks being outside trying to hide the smell, just not happening lol. Always glad to help.

The bigger plant is telling me it's time to go and since she's already much drier than the 2 others, I fed her today with lighter nutes, and I'm thinking she'll catch up to the other girls when they go dry. Going to flush them with plain water and start 12/12. That'll be this weekend. I'll post new pics when they've been under the HPS lamp for 2 weeks. Think someone's going to be looking pretty nice.

Last edited:

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Tommy have you got them on a heat mat mate???

Hi Swampy. There's no mat but the T5's are hanging about 4 - 5 inches above and the plants can soak up enough heat on the tops to keep them happy. Also its been really humid due to all the storms lately and my girls seem to love it because they are green and bushy as get out. They're sitting on a floor mat which absorbs and retains some of the heat from above, and they're almost 5 weeks. At that age is a heated mat that much more productive?

Lang

Sucks being outside trying to hide the smell, just not happening lol. Always glad to help.

Hedging Cedars may help in controlling the smell emanating from an outside grow. They are a natural DE-deodorizer, and if transplanted to a large container, to remain portable, and allowed to grow may also provide a visibility screen.

Latest posts

Latest posts