What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone seen this?

Lang

Hedging Cedars will help in controlling the smell emanating from an outside grow. They are a natural deodorizer, and if transplanted to a large container, to remain portable, and allowed to grow will also provide a visibility screen.

Sp error looked "Dough"! Had too fix it. Too much inhaling. Seriously though. Hedging Cedars deodorize really well, but have to be large enough to catch the breeze blowing through the grow. If they do grow too large and cumbersome, you can plant them, or sell them. There is a demand for larger Cedars and could be sold through your local "Craig's List". They don't eat much, earn there keep, and are worth more the older they get. Best part is, they're completely legal to sell, everywhere.

Sorry Stephen, they're not DRUGS! Finally, he's gone!
Thank you Jesus...

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Hedging Cedars may help in controlling the smell emanating from an outside grow. They are a natural DE-deodorizer, and if transplanted to a large container, to remain portable, and allowed to grow may also provide a visibility screen.

I'm in Hawaii, no cedars being planted over here. I need the wind to control the humidity, so blocking it would create a bad condition. Maybe in a dryer climate it would help I'm sure.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Hi Swampy. There's no mat but the T5's are hanging about 4 - 5 inches above and the plants can soak up enough heat on the tops to keep them happy. Also its been really humid due to all the storms lately and my girls seem to love it because they are green and bushy as get out. They're sitting on a floor mat which absorbs and retains some of the heat from above, and they're almost 5 weeks. At that age is a heated mat that much more productive?

Heat mats are only for seedlings for the first 2-3 weeks IMHO. :tiphat:

tommygh

Heat mats are only for seedlings for the first 2-3 weeks IMHO. :tiphat:

Thanks for picking up your mail Art. I was thinking the same thing about the mats.

Girls are under the HPS lamp and doing well. I trimmed a lot of the lower shoots on the 2 smaller plants. They don't have nearly the number of buds as the bigger girl. I'm constantly LST'ing her a little so all are at the same height. She's at least twice the size of the others in volume and will probably produce the yield of the the smaller ones combined :peacock:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Thanks for picking up your mail Art. I was thinking the same thing about the mats.

Girls are under the HPS lamp and doing well. I trimmed a lot of the lower shoots on the 2 smaller plants. They don't have nearly the number of buds as the bigger girl. I'm constantly LST'ing her a little so all are at the same height. She's at least twice the size of the others in volume and will probably produce the yield of the the smaller ones combined :peacock:

Some have that vigor an some don't, those that don't get the axe over here usually unless i'm testing it.

When the stores open will ya go out an get clones?

tommygh

Some have that vigor an some don't, those that don't get the axe over here usually unless i'm testing it.

When the stores open will ya go out an get clones?

I've actually started thinking of the smaller ones as experiments. Before I do anything with the bigger girl I run it through them if possible.

I'd probably buy the finished product when the time comes. As much as I'm interested in cloning and breeding I just don't have the capacity to do it here. My thinking is that you need a dedicated area and tools to be successful and I don't see that happening unless I get a bigger place.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I've actually started thinking of the smaller ones as experiments. Before I do anything with the bigger girl I run it through them if possible.

I'd probably buy the finished product when the time comes. As much as I'm interested in cloning and breeding I just don't have the capacity to do it here. My thinking is that you need a dedicated area and tools to be successful and I don't see that happening unless I get a bigger place.

When dispensaries open up you should be able to go in an buy plants at various stages. For instance you can buy what they call "RTF" which means Ready to Flower. You just take home an start the 12/12, or you buy a freshly rooted clone an run it under 18 hours light 6 dark for a few weeks will its at the "RTF" stage. You would rather buy dry meds than grow that way?

tommygh

When dispensaries open up you should be able to go in an buy plants at various stages. For instance you can buy what they call "RTF" which means Ready to Flower. You just take home an start the 12/12, or you buy a freshly rooted clone an run it under 18 hours light 6 dark for a few weeks will its at the "RTF" stage. You would rather buy dry meds than grow that way?

:D :rasta: lol What I have has lasted so far but yeah if push comes to shove I'd have to start rashioning :D Dunno'. Will see when the time comes :yes:

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Looks like the life of the plant from the last seed popped has somewhat fizzled. She's not looking much different then the oldest sister that I f*cked up during planting. I've trimmed away all the lower shoots that were never going to produce any cola anyway, in the hopes that at least the tops of the 2 will yield something. Was thinking that maybe I flipped her too soon, but it was only 3 - 4 day's difference from my middle girl.

Here's the oldest. She's only got her top going for her.

Here's the youngest. She's a little beefier but there's not much growth on her either.

The middle girl is another story, and I'll have a pic of her up next week:yay: Guess it's just luck because I didn't do anything different :dunno:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Looks like the life of the plant from the last seed popped has somewhat fizzled. She's not looking much different then the oldest sister that I f*cked up during planting. I've trimmed away all the lower shoots that were never going to produce any cola anyway, in the hopes that at least the tops of the 2 will yield something. Was thinking that maybe I flipped her too soon, but it was only 3 - 4 day's difference from my middle girl.

Here's the oldest. She's only got her top going for her.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63654&pictureid=1519380&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Here's the youngest. She's a little beefier but there's not much growth on her either.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63654&pictureid=1519381&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The middle girl is another story, and I'll have a pic of her up next week:yay: Guess it's just luck because I didn't do anything different :dunno:

Looks like 2 different phenotypes, both look healthy. One is more vigorous because its built like that (bottom pic). Off to a good start :tiphat:

tommygh

Looks like 2 different phenotypes, both look healthy. One is more vigorous because its built like that (bottom pic). Off to a good start :tiphat:

Here are views from the side respectively. If it's the phenos then I'm lucky to get the 1 good one. The fan leaves are pretty big but these girls don't quite look like the ones in the blog on ILGM. They've got another 7+ weeks in flower so who knows right?

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Came back from the beach the other day and went into a panic after seeing my biggest girl wilted on one side. Thought I was in for another disappointment but watered her heavy after noticing how dry she was. In minutes the fan leaves stood up and some of that crazy twisting of the tops straightened itself out. So now I've learned it's not about keeping your plants on a schedule it's about looking after them and knowing what and when they need it.

Happy to say everything's back on track and that I won't be stuck with only the 2 large tops from my Gold Leaf beanstalks :biggrin:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Came back from the beach the other day and went into a panic after seeing my biggest girl wilted on one side. Thought I was in for another disappointment but watered her heavy after noticing how dry she was. In minutes the fan leaves stood up and some of that crazy twisting of the tops straightened itself out. So now I've learned it's not about keeping your plants on a schedule it's about looking after them and knowing what and when they need it.

Happy to say everything's back on track and that I won't be stuck with only the 2 large tops from my Gold Leaf beanstalks :biggrin:

It's just like a woman, When She Wants To! Lol. When they get dry shock you should water lightly an let recover or they will be waterlogged after an go into an opposite shock situation. Not to little, an not to much........see, just like a woman :biggrin:

tommygh

It's just like a woman, When She Wants To! Lol. When they get dry shock you should water lightly an let recover or they will be waterlogged after an go into an opposite shock situation. Not to little, an not to much........see, just like a woman :biggrin:

Lol lol lol. Exactly.

tommygh

3rd Grow Progress

3rd Grow Progress

Waited till 2nd week flowering to see if my big Gold Leaf would show some buds. Not yet but real close. Minor scares for me were just not watering soon enough and a little heat stress. Other than that she's been doing everything on her own.

Took one more under light to give you an idea of the budage so far :yay:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Plant health looks good but the droop look is a sign of over watering happening. Let em dry out a lil more between waterings an water less next time. You should read up on a small Blumat kit that will water for you when they need it.

tommygh

Plant health looks good but the droop look is a sign of over watering happening. Let em dry out a lil more between waterings an water less next time. You should read up on a small Blumat kit that will water for you when they need it.

Hi A_s. Thanks for the feedback. Watering and light are my only obstacles right now. Lighting is a little problem because of the height difference, but they are pretty close. The other 2 are still just bean stalks and almost look like they're still vegging even though they've been on 12/12 for about 2.5 weeks. I did trim some lower shoots and leaves on them about 5 days ago. They're still no buds on either. I'll post pics next time I water. The big girl is almost always bone dry after 2 days. She's has a voracious thirst and I only water when she's real dry. It's only a few of the top leaves that are canoeing and clawing. We'll see how it goes. Also going to take it easy on the nutes a bit.