What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harborside San Jose---CLOSED

Fear

Couldn't of said it better monkeysee.
There was a guy in SF who had a tray marijuana Baklava for sale if Prop. 19 passed. When it didn't he wouldn't even let the reporter touch them. LOL That's just a small profiteer, I could only imagine who was waiting on the side lines. Including the Oaksterdam leaders.

lunchbox

most of these busts r just about taking people's assets. they want your money and watch u suffer! they dont care if u r legit or not if u have lots of inventory and cash.

ridgedogs

do u guys in san jose think harborside will reopen?
I hope so. Here's what they posted on their website yesterday "To all of our Patients and Providers, we are hoping to resume normal business in the near future and fulfill all our obligations". My experience with them has been very good. Not at all like Oakland. I think they have closed for two reasons. One to avoid getting gutted by the cops until things are sorted out and two to make patients aware of what's going on and get them down to the city council meetings.
PS.The bust at SJPC sounded horrible.Total ski mask wearing Rambo's having their way.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Mark my words... in less than a decade, there will be stockpiles of marijuana that people are sitting on and unable to move (even high-quality), where supply will greatly out-strip demand by astronomical margins.

Oh no! Whatever will we do? Call the governor! Call the police! Call the president! Lets lobby for longer sentancing and more enforcement! Otherwise growers may actually have to get an education and a legitimate career. Oh the humanity!!!:dance013::dance013::dance013:

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I'm with ya along with 20+ friends a call away....

I guess you guys are better than the folks in Los Angeles, who didn't do much else but look elsewhere for service when 120+ shops were shut down.

Damn, those fools should have protested for what was right, right?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
should have voted yes on 19....

You keep saying this but yet when us NO voters were happy to win you straight said our votes didn't mean shit there just isn't enough of us so HOW IN THE FUCK would it have made a difference if we voted YES?

Either way this is bullshit, it is totally obvious they don't want the economy to have money. Call me crazy but if people are making money in this biz they are also spending money on things that they couldn't before. You'd think the powers that be would want us to buy more of the stupid products and pay for more services from them with mmj money being made??? Also who are we hurting? Might as well get together and ban alcohol and repeal it's legalization how many car wrecks have we had or fights in front of dispensaries? Nothing like we get with bars and liquor stores so WTF!!!

monkeysee

Hahaha. Should have voted YES?

What, are these recent events completely new and never happened before?

I'm SO glad I voted "HELL MOTHERFUCKING NO".

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
....so when did profits in the health care industry become illegal? I'd wish they would tell that to the pharmaceutical companies who reap windfall returns or my health insurance company who charge me through the fucking roof for coverage.

THANK YOU! We agree on something, they want to fuck with MMJ dispensaries that are funded by themselves not by the state. BUT!!! We kept the Medi Cal Drug Program and continue to pay for peoples Methadone every month! 80% of the people in them are payed for by our taxes! I had to private pay and scrape up my extra money to pay for it but the rest are funded by all of us!!! Fuck that shit though these MMJ clubs are evil!!! I don't get this type of thinking in our state...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
As for big companies not risking breaking laws is hilarious to me, the profit is too good and why you see folks who have had NOTHING to do with this biz jump in. You got that dude in the bay with a HUGE warehouse and I think he made all his money in the computer biz. The return on money invested is too good and clones are something I think many overlook. Think about it... A tray of 50 Root Riot cubes with a packet of Clonex gel is only $25 at full price, if you already have moms that veg quick enough you have 50-200 cuts every 2-3 weeks and at $5 a cut from a vendor perspective is $250 for that initial $25 investment. I know that doesn't include the cost of keeping moms alive and healthy but still its a return of 10x's what you put into it. Plus clones are ALWAYS needed even when the market is flooded with meds they still want clones from folks.... So to see Oaksterdam charge $15-$25 a cut is CRAZY to me think about the math there if you times your money by 10 at $5 a cut and you know they are getting the cubes and gel at a discount so the return is even greater!!!

To say that Phillip Morris would get involved in this would be saying they are bad business men and I refuse to believe that ....

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As for big companies not risking breaking laws is hilarious to me, the profit is too good and why you see folks who have had NOTHING to do with this biz jump in.

The way that corporate law works is that the officers of the company would be held personally responsible for the breaking of federal laws. Do you really think that the CEO, CFO, etc of Philllip Morris is going to risk being Bubba's bitch for the benefit of shareholders?

Herborizer

Veteran
You keep saying this but yet when us NO voters were happy to win you straight said our votes didn't mean shit there just isn't enough of us so HOW IN THE FUCK would it have made a difference if we voted YES?

Either way this is bullshit, it is totally obvious they don't want the economy to have money. Call me crazy but if people are making money in this biz they are also spending money on things that they couldn't before. You'd think the powers that be would want us to buy more of the stupid products and pay for more services from them with mmj money being made??? Also who are we hurting? Might as well get together and ban alcohol and repeal it's legalization how many car wrecks have we had or fights in front of dispensaries? Nothing like we get with bars and liquor stores so WTF!!!

Good in theory, but when the transactions are not collecting taxes, there is no gain. It's just plain ole wealth exchange. In this case, the wealth (sometimes) goes to crooks who then exchange those monies with other illegals. The money even leaves the country. The lack of gain and transfer, results in loss.

Regulation and taxation is the solution. Then when people spend money it has a benefit to our local economies.

Just my 2c

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the state is collecting taxes though...at harborside in oakland the city probably makes 5-10k everyday on taxes alone...same with other clubs.

the only ones not paying taxes are on the street...so why would they want to push more business to the street?

exactly why i say HHC oakland will never be shut down...the city of oakland would step in and let the idiots cops know that there are bigger powers involved...

if the feds were stupid enogh to shut down harborside that would create a shitstorm in oakland...city would loose revenue for some of the things HHC pays for like parks, youth programs, health services, etc...and more and more cash would just be going underground instead of into city accounts..'

The city of Oakland and the police do not let the feds intervene for that very reason. Yes4Prop215 is right..... they get too much taxes so HHC Oakland will not be touched. It has been done where the city strong arms the fed that want to mess with the medical scene there. Oakland is safe and will stay the way it is.

hole in the wall dispensaries that operate like straight drug dealing storefronts will be at risk...but i highly doubt HHC oakland is gonna get any heat. they contribute way too much to the local community, they have counccil members and even cops on their jock, they put most of their profits right back into the city of oakland...no judge or jury will do anything to them.

if they do get raided though...holy shit. that is gonna shake shit up fr sure..it will be back to the war.....with most of the people of california against an already broke and fragile infustructure in california

Harborside isn't untouchable. My folks in the Oakland told me they closed the san jose location voluntarily because they didn't want to loose the inventory in a raid. I used to work at a large dispensary and that was the number one concern, not getting raided, but loosing the inventory in the raid. They keep quite a bit on-hand in the back-stock... enough to break them financially if they had to restart. The CEO said essentially that if the dispensary gets raided they will have to open the next day with donations, which the faithful providers would give us on consignment.\

If harborside oakland closes, start worrying.

Latest posts

Latest posts