What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Happy New Year! 2023 is upon us..

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Inspired by Schrews

September 2022

full

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I wish they went with square feet, that seems like its more appropriate measurement for yield.

What brand chicken manure pellets do you use? I have been using Coop Poop brand granular composted poultry manure with good success. A little risk of burn.

How much and how often did you top dress with it?

I was afraid to get burn and skipped my mid summer feeding and the plants were hungry toward the end of august. I didn't want to use the chicken manure mid flower so I put down some guano, then a couple weeks later kelp and alfalfa with about an inch or 2 composted cow manure/peat humus mixture . They ended up fine and super sweet smoke.
I like the plant limit better than a square foot limit. One can do a lot more with 25 plants than with 100 square feet or whatever it may be.

I forget the brand of chicken manure. We get all our amendments from soilscape solutions. We didnt topdress last year either and we had some hungry plants as well. still turned out great. cheers!

Just waiting for there to be no more freezes.

Got some female seedlings ready to move outdoors for some early spring flowering.

We planted seeds in the ground outside last year in january. they sprouted after a few weeks and as seedlings they went through some snow and hail. By mid-spring they were fully acclimated and strong as hell. Might do it again this year, but also going to pop seeds in our greenhouse soon as well for a spring light-dep

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great budn'blunts! They're doing fine. Going to yield enough to get you by. Nice branching going on! Did you do any topping or training?

Super keeper fruity and medical indica flower with strong food background when opened up. Great well rounded resin profile. This is the one we want!

Looser flower structure allows some level of mold prevention! :smoke:

full

40degsouth

AOG f5’s 1.4m tall (forget the camera 😫)
We’ve got a moon going down phase which means slowed veg growth for two weeks and what l call “consolidating” , in which the plants grow their roots and strengthen their lateral growth that they’ve put on during their explosive veg phase during the the full moon.
Now l could let my ego get in the way of the natural processes of the plant and push growth by feeding a high nitrogen feed, such as calcinit, which would push the vegetative growth past the normal flowering cycle for a week or two………or l could super crop the laterals to push vertical growth………but……I’m not going to do that because l want this girl to hit 10 feet tall without smoke and mirrors 😎
Cheers,

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1.4 meters thats pretty tall , getting there! I bet they will make it, my afghans get 8 ft in the shade.

Let 'em eat! :smoke:

With all that composted manure on top, should be pretty well fed. Thats what I did mid flower and it kept them from yellowing anyway.

Interesting the moon plays into it. It does put off a lot of light at night. I have really good natural vision in the night. Probably from all those years guerilla growing in the middle of the night. :smoke:

full

Fleadog

Hi!

I’m starting to prepare for my outdoor guerilla grow this year and I need som help with how to.
My plan is to take the soil from the spot and mix in a ~15 liter hole wit
4L worm castings
1dl fish bone
1dl chicken shit
1dl bat guano flowering
0,5 dl stone meal (Basalt)
Perlite or leca
Water absorbing crystals
Some melass that I have over
Mix it all in and let it cook for 4 months before planting out.
What do you think of the mix? I don’t wanna visit the spot very often..

I’m also thinking of trying out some bio char charged with fish emulsion and worm castings from bio bizz.
To much?

Thanks!

Peace

budsnblunts

Veteran
Howdy all, the coppers got to my spots and sprayed them.

Keep safe

Attachments

• 20230222_174212.jpg
    20230222_174212.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 46
  • 20230222_174219.jpg
    20230222_174219.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 52

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sucks sorry to hear that. Are you around power lines, they spray for powerlines sometimes.

I always grow with a full canopy to allow the plot to blend in with the native foliage canopy. I have never had issues growing this way for 10 years.

Got some new seed with a t-shirt from Heavy Dayze Genetics from The Potcast! Subscribed for the year and got a The Potcast Tshirt and the seed is Kyphi v2 which is Jelly Breath #3 x RMQ Raspberry mama queen.

full

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well.

What awful news Budsnblunts. I guess on the positive side of things they didn’t deem your patch big enough to sit on and investigate so, you know in the future, what your plant counts should be. I guess in the short term though, this knowledge doesn’t help much.
Here’s a photo of the AOG F5, planted on the 27th November as a 150mm clone.
Well she’s 1.6 meters tall, or 64 inches, and probably as wide. The clone’s actually flowered earlier than the seed start mother, something l hadn’t factored in when l was planning to take over the world 🤣🤣
It won’t be long now and we’ll know exactly how big she’s going to get.
Cheers,
4D3A8932-A705-4FA8-82F9-470EFF03C8FF.jpeg
AA4F745B-8536-4683-BAAD-805A2702879B.jpeg

dramamine

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well.

What awful news Budsnblunts. I guess on the positive side of things they didn’t deem your patch big enough to sit on and investigate so, you know in the future, what your plant counts should be. I guess in the short term though, this knowledge doesn’t help much.
Here’s a photo of the AOG F5, planted on the 27th November as a 150mm clone.
Well she’s 1.6 meters tall, or 64 inches, and probably as wide. The clone’s actually flowered earlier than the seed start mother, something l hadn’t factored in when l was planning to take over the world 🤣🤣
It won’t be long now and we’ll know exactly how big she’s going to get.
Cheers,
40. View attachment 18817979 View attachment 18817990
Here we go...👍

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well and the snows have melted.
Here’s the AOG f5. She’s almost six feet tall and is now in full flower mode. 66D7ABBD-12AF-46D7-8CFC-2B9679367E43.jpeg
6FF5AD19-C0AF-4AC9-A45B-1588297C207C.jpeg
And an Ancient OG Project. I kept this one around because she’s resistant to the leaf spot disease l get here.
Cheers,

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats awesome found a resistant plant! Looking great, thanks for sharing. Shrews really likes that Ancient OG.

New 2023 Anything goes Oudoor thread. Thanks Reverend for getting it started! Planted seed yesterday and posted it up there! ------->>>>>>>

full

JoJo420 v2

Aloha Shcrews it's been years . Saying high from Hawaii. Hope all is well on the farm and blessings for a banner year. Will subscribe

sacramental

I’ve been running motherlode gardens genetics exclusively the last 2 seasons. El Dorado county limit is 6 so I try to grow them like my man! As big as possible. This years lineup.

1 - Alex Honnold
1 - Big Bang
2 - Tourist Trap
1 - Watermelon Rush
1 - Yosemite Glue.
37C81E1D-AC85-4FFD-8975-41A9508D7F3C.jpeg
84A0D80F-9943-4C43-A2AB-A3C11E7796AA.jpeg
a03c3164-15bb-424e-ba43-f6750339673e-jpeg.18839638

Attachments

• A03C3164-15BB-424E-BA43-F6750339673E.jpeg
    A03C3164-15BB-424E-BA43-F6750339673E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 186

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I’ve been running motherlode gardens genetics exclusively the last 2 seasons. El Dorado county limit is 6 so I try to grow them like my man! As big as possible. This years lineup.

1 - Alex Honnold
1 - Big Bang
2 - Tourist Trap
1 - Watermelon Rush
1 - Yosemite Glue.
View attachment 18839635 View attachment 18839636
a03c3164-15bb-424e-ba43-f6750339673e-jpeg.18839638
I love the little hoops you put up over them. I thought about doing that before, maybe will try it next year with some direct-seeded mounds.

Great lineup too , we are growing a lot of the same stuff this year. The Watermelon Rush is really great smoke, strong and delicious terps. My favorites are the short stocky ones with fat buds. Unreal flavor. We made open-pollination f2's of it and are testing them this season as well as some crosses.

Looks like you are off to a good start this season. I bet those will get big and super dank. Ours aren't even in the ground yet, still waiting on a pallet of gypsum and bio-live

Last edited: