What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HAMMERS KUSH

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I can’t get her to root to save my life. Hopefully I can get some to root this summer. I got a mom of her, so atleast I get to keep trying. My humidity has been hella low the whole time I've been trying to root her in an aerponic cloner.....I'm talkin less than 15% RH! One of these days I'm gonna seal my environment. Running the heat in this cold spell is fukn murdering my RH.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I keep all my strains as moms until I decide to cull. I used to clone the clones but find keeping bonzai mums takes the stress outta needing a cut to root or you lose it. Honestly, I’ve never lost a strain to not rooting but had some close calls. The HK is the first strain I’ve ever had trouble rooting. She wasn’t in the best of health when I got her and I'm pretty sure it’s the health of the mom that is preventing rooting...not the cloning process. She still looks stressed out while all the other moms in the same area are fine. I'm hoping it’s just the low humidity. I'm determined to whip this bitch into shape!

I'll try to remember to take a pic of her tomorrow and maybe Hammer or someone that is well seasoned can tell me why they think she is stressed. I wouldn’t be surprised if the russet damage and then nuking dafuq outta her took its toll on her.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep all my strains as moms until I decide to cull. I used to clone the clones but find keeping bonzai mums takes the stress outta needing a cut to root or you lose it. Honestly, I’ve never lost a strain to not rooting but had some close calls. The HK is the first strain I’ve ever had trouble rooting. She wasn’t in the best of health when I got her and I'm pretty sure it’s the health of the mom that is preventing rooting...not the cloning process. She still looks stressed out while all the other moms in the same area are fine. I'm hoping it’s just the low humidity. I'm determined to whip this bitch into shape!

I'll try to remember to take a pic of her tomorrow and maybe Hammer or someone that is well seasoned can tell me why they think she is stressed. I wouldn’t be surprised if the russet damage and then nuking dafuq outta her took its toll on her.

i did the same thing as far as nuking them from the russets & then thrips & i've managed to get 2 really nice healthy moms from the original mom . i haven't rooted cuts from them yet , i'm letting them grow out a bit more .
even the original moms i had are both in flower & looking really nice .....
you just have to figure out whats going on with yours & get her healthy again .
lets see the pics .....

~star~crash~

Here is a body shot of HK

Here is a body shot of HK

I can't help myself w/the camera ...it want's to take pics all the time:yummy:
picture.php

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
These pics are from a few months ago. But she pretty much has the same lookin problems but worse since the humidity has dropped more. She is under a 2ft T5, and temps are in the 70s at canopy. Been giving her straight water lately but doesn’t seem to help.

picture.php
picture.php

She stays green for the most part. Seems to effect lower growth the most. The new growth at the top of the shoots aren’t effected right away. Like I said, the other 5 plants in there with her have no problems. :dunno:

picture.php

I'll still take some from fresh pics tomorrow of her in the space so you can see everything.

G

Gr33nSanta

been in way longer then 10 days, at least 14, maybe more ...i just checked another one is just now showing signs of life

these cuts were originally from the understory of the plant maybe that's why they are slow? i did get some roots:comfort: hope i can continue the line ...View Image View Image View Image

nothing wrong with that clone. man on a stubborn plant, if I see a knob of a root forming I call that a rooted clone. This clone is absolutely fine!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These pics are from a few months ago. But she pretty much has the same lookin problems but worse since the humidity has dropped more. She is under a 2ft T5, and temps are in the 70s at canopy. Been giving her straight water lately but doesn’t seem to help.

View Image View Image

She stays green for the most part. Seems to effect lower growth the most. The new growth at the top of the shoots aren’t effected right away. Like I said, the other 5 plants in there with her have no problems. :dunno:

View Image

I'll still take some from fresh pics tomorrow of her in the space so you can see everything.

thats a tuff call on that one ! kinda looks like N toxicity to me , but i don't see burnt leaf tips . so i dunno if its over fed . is it in soil or coco VP ? what are ya feeding her ? have you pulled it from the pot & checked the root zone ?

i'm thinking a fresh transplant into a bigger pot with some fresh soil & get rid of as much of the old soil on the rootball as possible without damaging the roots .& top her mains & then trim off as much of the bad leaves & lower shitty branches as possible so she can concentrate on growing new .

you can always bonzai another clone later after you get this one healthy enough to get good cuttings .

Last edited:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
thats a tuff call on that one ! kinda looks like N toxicity to me , but i don't see burnt leaf tips . so i dunno if its over fed . is it in soil or coco VP ? what are ya feeding her ? have you pulled it from the pot & checked the root zone ?

i'm thinking a fresh transplant into a bigger pot with some fresh soil & get rid of as much of the old soil on the rootball as possible without damaging the roots .& top her mains & then trim off as much of the bad leaves & lower shitty branches as possible so she can concentrate on growing new .

you can always bonzai another clone later after you get this one healthy enough to get good cuttings .

Sounds like a good plan. :yes:

She is in straight Happy Frog soil. I was giving her the same nutes all were getting (PBP grow/calmag), but started thinking the same about N toxicity and have been giving her straight water for over a month.

I'm hoping the main culprit was the lower humidity. She has never been right since day 1. :biglaugh: She hates me!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leaf margin curl is from Heat, Extreme RH high/low, Root issues, Over watering can also do that. I don't see any droopy leaves so over watering is not likely. I would say heat. If this plant is closes to the light move it away or RH is to low. U can mist ur plants a few times a day to fix low RH. Lower ur temps if to hot.

I don't know whats up with all those 3 leaves.. Could be root bound or stess?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's different strains in same space

View Image View Image View Image View Image

to be honest these all look N heavy . the leathery look of the leaves & the deep dark green . maybe lay off the PBP a bit on them . as bonzai moms , you don't want to feed them heavy or your going to be trimming them back alot . your just maintaing their health in a mom cabinet untill you want cuts from them . then you pull them out , put them under bigger lights & feed them heavier for a week or so untill some nice cuts develop .

Latest posts

Latest posts