What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

Bobby Boucher

Peep hole?

Bad form poking unnecessary holes in your containers. Any light is bad light. A foil top also... isn't a substitute for a net cup filled with a medium small enough to create a good light block.

I would call the foil unnecessary, and filling the net cups a "must". Heavy plants need supporting.

Those large stones you are using are also assumedly allowing a ton of light to permeate. I'd get some hydroton. That's already been suggested here though so, I'll gracefully bow out.

With a modular scrog, you could always just lift your entire plant out of a bucket. Screens, ties and all. Hoist your buckets up on a table to spin em and clean em without breaking your neck.. My clones go from the 3.5 to 5 gallon buckets already tied and screened this way.

Bobby Boucher

Black 1 gallon buckets with lids are 3 bucks from usplastic.

Your white lids and semi-opaque containers, coupled with your large stones and marbles that you keep recycling through your rot cycles.. you're gonna keep seeing rot.

I retire any equipment that ever sees a spot of rot. Not worth it.

Black containers. Black lids. 6" nets. Clay pebbles. Sterile res.

The Virgo in me just wants you to have more. At this point, I would honestly love to just flat out just buy you all these things, along with a proper HID and extraction fan. Holla atcha boi.

RockinRobot

Your white lids and semi-opaque containers, coupled with your large stones and marbles that you keep recycling through your rot cycles.. you're gonna keep seeing rot.

The Virgo in me just wants you to have more. At this point, I would honestly love to just flat out just buy you all these things, along with a proper HID and extraction fan. Holla atcha boi.

You're wasting your breath on him. He thinks he's a tinkerer. Money sure isn't his issue with the money he's wasted on things like his O2grow electrolysis unit and other crap. Been trying for years to get him to spend $30 on some hydroton and some cloth pots and some Maxi Bloom.

Bobby Boucher

I don't usually get around to the "post message" button. It just hurts my heart to watch people or plants (or animals) struggle. I empathize too strongly. Too big of a softy.

Crowmax

Veteran

Sup Bobby, bro check the threads to make beneficial tea or use trichoderma and myco products directly to your ress.
No need to sterilize, no need to throw good stuff. I just clean the hydro equip with dish soap.
Root rot will be past 99%, plants will explode, just keep adding tea or trichoderma in each water change at your bucket

Bobby Boucher

I've been through the bulk of the content. I use teas. I prefer to run sterile until the plants are big enough to fend off disease on their own, but usually all the way up to flush.

I have enough loose tools and grow gear lying around to retire a few buckets and totes. I only ever have a few running at a time anyways, so replacing my plastic only costs a few bucks.

If my grows kept turning to rot, personally, I would start by throwing out anything that was cheap enough to replace, and sterilizing anything that wasn't.

Thats just me, though. I count on my harvests.

DiverDave

I'm on a tight budget , so replacing everything that sees rot is not an option.
I do complete clean up with peroxide and water.
I do use black buckets and 6' net pot lids.
Lots of hydroton clay balls. But I will in the future use tin foil to block the light when I first get the small planets in buckets till I can back fill.

The rest of the tent is spot on , but I use 50w cobs at start and in flower I switch over to the premium led units I have.

Just another week or so till this is done. Very happy with how easy
it is when things are dialed in .. the main thing was spray verse any full time dwc or rdwc.

Hope everyone can experience this feeling.

DD

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're wasting your breath on him. He thinks he's a tinkerer. Money sure isn't his issue with the money he's wasted on things like his O2grow electrolysis unit and other crap. Been trying for years to get him to spend $30 on some hydroton and some cloth pots and some Maxi Bloom.

see post 556 which YOU wrote

RockinRobot

see post 556 which YOU wrote

You mean this one?

Insanity
The definition of insanity, is, doing the exact same fucking thing over and over again, expecting shit to change.

Exactly.

Wich is why I no longer try to help you. And when something in my grow isn't working, I change it.
Now I help stop others from wasting THEIR breath, on you, as I have in the past.

Money talks bullshit walks. Here's my latest grow. My room temps are hotter than yours averaging 88 lights on and I have zero rot issues. I don't even aerate the reservoir.

In all your grows you have nothing close.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mean this one?

Insanity
The definition of insanity, is, doing the exact same fucking thing over and over again, expecting shit to change.

Exactly.

Wich is why I no longer try to help you. And when something in my grow isn't working, I change it.
Now I help stop others from wasting THEIR breath, on you, as I have in the past.

Money talks bullshit walks. Here's my latest grow. My room temps are hotter than yours averaging 88 lights on and I have zero rot issues. I don't even aerate the reservoir.

View Image

View Image

View Image

AND YET HERE YOU ARE. WHY?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mean this one?

Insanity

Exactly.

View Image

View Image

View Image

YEAH, THESE ALL SUCK

YOUR EGO IS OFF THE CHAINS. CAN'T IMAGINE THAT THERE'S ROOM IN YOUR GROW SPACE FOR YOU AND THE PLANTS

HAVING BEEN EXPOSED TO YOU INTERJECTING SHIT INTO MY GROWS FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW, ARE YOU REALLY THIS LONELY?

I'M BEGGING YOU, PLEASE FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO ANNOY?

View attachment 495125

View attachment 495126

View attachment 495127

View attachment 495128

View attachment 495129

Bobby Boucher

Dude probably just wants to see you grow better pot. Probably more so than anyone else here. Even after all these years.

Contrary to popular belief, most people derive no pleasure from watching others suffer.

:comfort:

negative37dBA

Veteran
mmmm... resin rails

mmmm... resin rails

Hey There RockinRobot. Loving those "resin rails" you got going there on some of those sweet leaves. Buds looking super nice to me.
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

RockinRobot

YEAH, THESE ALL SUCK

YOUR EGO IS OFF THE CHAINS. CAN'T IMAGINE THAT THERE'S ROOM IN YOUR GROW SPACE FOR YOU AND THE PLANTS

HAVING BEEN EXPOSED TO YOU INTERJECTING SHIT INTO MY GROWS FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW, ARE YOU REALLY THIS LONELY?

I'M BEGGING YOU, PLEASE FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO ANNOY?

View attachment 495125

View attachment 495126

View attachment 495127

View attachment 495128

View attachment 495129

See you make my point for me. These are your best. Those 18" colas have zero frost and look like fluff. My larf is frostier. Same for the 1 actual decent sized bud by the cell phone. All leaf and no frost.

Plus I'm not running back to old pics. Every picture I have ever posted on your thread was taken the day I posted it.

So as I said. I have worse heat issues than you do but I always pull off a successful harvest. What's your excuse?

Like Bobby said. I really don't get off on busting your balls but damn dude. For a long time I thought you were just some smart assed, wet nosed, kid. Then I saw your hands in a picture and you're probably older than I am, and I'm an old fart. That probably gets my goat more than anything that you're so damn pig headed and refuse to even think about making changes.

Seriously. $30 experiment. $15 for a bag of Maxi-Bloom another $15 for some Hydroton and Either a 6" net pot or 2 gallon fabric pot folded down for your planter. Flood every 6 hours. You wasted way more cash on your O2grow. What ya got to lose?

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude probably just wants to see you grow better pot. Probably more so than anyone else here. Even after all these years.

Contrary to popular belief, most people derive no pleasure from watching others suffer.

:comfort:

You have to admit his HUGE EGO gets in the way, and to me at least, is EXTREMELY condescending

Again, from HIS own words, he's been watching for a long time, which is why I referred him to his own post with the definition of insanity...

For all his angst over my RECENT poor grows, if he ever figured out what I was doing wrong he never shared it with me. Some Guru

Very simply, I was overfilling in both my starter bubbler and bloom F & D totes. That alone caused root rot.

Pic of gorgeous roots that went south once I transferred them to my F & D, AGAIN, due to flooding too high thereby keeping the coco pod soaked 24/7 which caused root rot in 3 straight grow attempts

View attachment 495145

RockinRobot

You have to admit his HUGE EGO gets in the way, and to me at least, is EXTREMELY condescending

Again, from HIS own words, he's been watching for a long time, which is why I referred him to his own post with the definition of insanity...

For all his angst over my RECENT poor grows, if he ever figured out what I was doing wrong he never shared it with me. Some Guru

Very simply, I was overfilling in both my starter bubbler and bloom F & D totes. That alone caused root rot.

Pic of gorgeous roots that went south once I transferred them to my F & D, AGAIN, due to flooding too high thereby keeping the coco pod soaked 24/7 which caused root rot in 3 straight grow attempts

View attachment 495145

I did share it with you. You have admitted you can NOT control the heat in your grow area. I have repeatedly told you to move away from a roots IN hydro if you can't control the heat. Your going to get root rot with roots IN hydro if you can't control heat. PERIOD

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
See you make my point for me. These are your best. Those 18" colas have zero frost and look like fluff. My larf is frostier. Same for the 1 actual decent sized bud by the cell phone. All leaf and no frost.

Plus I'm not running back to old pics. Every picture I have ever posted on your thread was taken the day I posted it.

So as I said. I have worse heat issues than you do but I always pull off a successful harvest. What's your excuse?

Wow. Just WOW. I have posted my last 3 grows pictures which admittedly are pathetic. Pretty much all you ever did was criticize. So, I posted high quality harvests, and still you criticize. Why, to try to prove to someone- anyone that you are 100% correct- I suck at growing

To prove I can and do grow well I had to use older pics, as I typically delete pics after each grow

Now, don't let the door hit your EGO in the ass on the way out. Bye Bye

Bobby Boucher

I’m not s’great with my words.. but in science, bias abounds. It is literally inescapable.

My head is so full of bias that it leaks from both ears. People used to talk about me and my decisions like a god damn cautionary tale. They didn’t stop snubbing me until I acknowledged my bias, and started taking their advice.

Peer reviewal is absolutely necessary. With the burden of attachment comes a predisposition to confirmation bias. Writers simply shouldn’t edit their own writing.

Most people revamp their whole grows when they consistently run into rot issues. You should really (have) consider(ed) this (by now).

Your frostiest nugs here for whatever reason, look exaaactly like shaded nug. Flarf, if you will. Blasting material.

RR has the right idea in your high heat environment.

An open mind leaves room for growth, so don’t take anything personally. These posts cost time and compassion, regardless.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts