What's new

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
>95% red hairs, so I just turned off the monos: the remaining 2 are totally in the dark now

negative37dBA

Veteran
Cool story on the nanobubbles. I am brand new to hydro and love it. Soil is so dirty...lol. No seriously I love the precision hydro gives you. Good luck to you. I won't drop any photo bombs on your thread, but I have a few in my gallery if you want to take a look. Have a great day.
peace, negative

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just harvested 1/2 left , these under the Amare Tech SE 250. It seems that these have a lot more trichs than the same strain under the SPYDR 600, which lacks IR, but that can be added via supplemental bars from SolSkin

Note the roots pics. IMHO, thatt is not a lot of roots to have grown this plant. even so, I am going to up my game next grow with Oxygen Pots and maybe O2Grow (or something similar) to create nanobubbles in each rez

View attachment 462207 View attachment 462208 View attachment 462209

View attachment 462210 View attachment 462211

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
N O on the DO Emitter???

N O on the DO Emitter???

I ve been saying more bioavailability, and here is the proof

ALSO, the smaller bubbles stay in suspension far longer

I think any negatives can be mitigated by only running it for ~ 3-5 minutes before and after each flood

So, if one is running say the OxygenGrow system (UC on roids) you probably don't 'need' it for DO, but if it really allows a huge reduction in nutrients, AND, make them more bioavailable, OR, that because the O2 stays in suspension you can eliminate a chiller, it could easily pay for itself. But then there's a whole nother potential use- drinking it to keep healthy or get healthy

https://www.just4growers.com/stream...truth-on-dissolved-oxygen-in-hydroponics.aspx

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like I might get a O2Grow, but may not be able to start a new grow until mid October

negative37dBA

Veteran
Looks like I might get a O2Grow, but may not be able to start a new grow until mid October

Getting the room all dialed in for a perfect run??? Get the environment handled and half the battle is won before you start...woot!! I have seen those o2 emitters...pretty cool.
Have a great day.
peace, negative.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a newish YT video. Pretty impressive

Note he says emitter improves DO over bubbler by 50%. This does not mean it creates more DO, but that it releases 50% more, and IMHO more importantly is the nanobubble O2 which has thousands of times more surface area per bubble than a conventional bubbler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkUD_X5Ai0A

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive had it for a few days, attempting to make potable water (NOT ITS INTENDED USE) using SEA 90 minerals, which I use in a recirculating water device for drinking purposes (>1200ppm) at 15 minutes x 2 emitters, but the O2G breaks the salts down, releasing chlorine gas. Now that makes sense, so I made several more batches with one emitter, lowering the ppm each time, even as low as 120ppm, I still smell some Cl; but at < 30 it's fine, but that doesn't help with mineral uptake in my body. So, I am mixing my liquid minerals with the low ppm O2G water

I doubt the Cl gas will have any negative affect on plants

I usually veg at <200ppm then pre flower at ~ 4-500pm, and flower at ~ 800-1000

Ive been communicating my findings with Dennis at O2G

TBC

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After making a few batches, I have noticed it seems to be working a lot better/making bubbles much faster

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The O2G begins.

The O2G begins.

A few weeks ago, my dumb ass went all in on the 2 outdoor plants . When making DO water with SEA 90 minerals, there was a lot of chlorine smell. Instead of tossing it (or better still switching to my Emerald Harvest nutes) I diluted it and used it for several feedings; both feeding and foliar spray. Both died :cry:

So, I decided to start anew with some very old seeds, and no SEA 90 minerals. I soaked the seeds in Kelp + DO water. Once they cracked I placed them into presoaked Coco Pellets with DO water + a tiny amount of Root Wizard, Grow, and NPK RAW Kelp

So far 7/8 have cotyledons :cool:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
New amare Bar8 Takes No Prisoners

New amare Bar8 Takes No Prisoners

Features: close proximity application design with 6" recommended operational height, dimmable +/- 10%, remote ballast mounting, enhanced white spectrum, IP65 waterproof and aluminum construction, pat-pending attach/detachable design for full system or separate bar operation.

Dimensions(system = 8 bars): 47.08''X46.93''X3.3''

Wattage : 800w
Spectrum: 95cri enhanced white spectrum
Amperage :7.18A @110V/3.59A @220V
Bar operation temperature: 122F Ballast: 113F (tbd)
PPF: 2.5J+ PPFD:
LED(s): Samsung LM301B/Oslon
Driver(s): UL listed Meanwell (dimmable)
Housing: aluminum (IP65 waterproof rating) Remote
Certification: DLC and UL (pending)
Recommended flowering footprint: 4' x 4'@6-9" Veg: 5' x 5'@18"
Warranty: 5-year bumper to bumper

Bars can be used in 4 sets of 2 for versatility.
Finished product will be 880w total w/ each bar individually dimmable.
There will also be a lens Option for those w/ high ceilings or commercial opp.
Available soon.

This thing is nuts. I've seen the par mapping from 6" - 4' using 660w. Let's just say its sporting flower #'s 4' down.

View attachment 468297

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My babies are a touch behind due to constant clogging of my hpa mist heads. Earlier today I replaced them with heads that have much bigger holes and will not clog. Within 3 hours the babies responded with an additional leaf sets

FYI the venturi I ordered from AZon came with no instructions or adapters. You wouldn't think instructions are needed but, when you see the picture... I went to 3 different hardware stores today in search of adapters as my EcoPlus' are metric. To be continued

Edit: I am returning it

I replaced my 280 gph pump with 3 heads for my EcoPlus 640 gph with 4 heads. I put a nylon footie under the bottom feed. I was hoping this would resolve the clogging, but am still dealing with clogged hpa mist heads, which would be the better choice IF they didn't clog. I am forced to use the non clogging heads which spray way too much. I had to cut the 'on' time back quite a bit so as not to drown the coco/ roots