What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Had to put down my best friend today

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Truly loyal beings. It's always a hard choice, but you eased her suffering. Always remember the good things.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sorry to hear man...today was a bad day for animals in my life. my ex-gf texted me that her dog (that used to watch us have sex all the time) has cancer and they will have to put her down....and also today my brother's kitten escaped and they are still searching into the night.....

woolybear

Veteran
RIp, such a nice looking doggy, shame about spilling the bong.... Rainbow bridge has another doggy... I'm sure his life was the best it could be, he'll always be loved I'm sure....

nukklehead

Dogs are harder than people, imo. Condolences.

dank.Frank

DUDE.. Im a medical person.. I have no problems hospicing (sp..lol) humans but my dogs have been the worst....to put down....
tears for weeks.... try looking at other dog sites and the pictures of your ole faithfull over the years and you will start to smile and laugh at some of the situations you were in with your bestest friend...
It will seem lonely for a while...... I feel your pain.....but he/she will waiting for u on the other side with tails a waggin!!:comfort:

I put down a dog a year ago. It was just after I got out of jail for growing. Due to just being out of prison, I had no money. Imagine putting down the dog you loved in a fucked up way because you just spent your life savings on commissary and defense attorney's.

At least you were able to put him out of suffering in an honorable way. I had to use my rifle.

G

greenmatter

you did a good friend a huge favor today ryder ......... sorry brother, doing the right thing can be the hardest thing. i hope you can be at peace with it.

good energy to you and yours

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
srry to hear that brotha at least she isnt in pain no more, i remember ya sayn last week you had to

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to see youve lost a good friend and a member of your family resinryder may she R.I.P. :comfort:

mrcreosote

Veteran
Damn Ryder,
That was a 4 tissue post.
Sometimes lifes greatest rewards include the love of a good dog.

Sorry that you'll have to muddle through without your good buddy.

MIway

Veteran
oh man... sorry rr... man, it's been a tough year. sending u some positive energy.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
So sorry, I feel your pain. This is making me very sad, I have lost loved ones recently. Hope things cheer up.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your dog, Resinryder. Having been in your shoes I know there isnt much I can say that will make it easier for you other than you did the right thing. Our dog friends deserve to go to a better place when they get on in age and are no longer leading a quality life. After a life time of giving us all they have,love, devotion, protection, we have to make that final decision when the time is right.
I know I will have to do the same with my girl who is at my feet right now as I type. She is going on 10 years old now and the bulk of our time with her is on the short end.
We all know this from the start. Chances are we will outlive the dogs we have in our lives. It never gets easy to lose them but even after they are gone they continue to enrich our lives with their memory that lives with us until it is our time to go to a better place.
If there is a Heaven, I hope all the dogs Ive shared my life with are there waiting for me.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one of the toughest things i ever had to do was have my sweet old lab put to sleep,was the best thing for her though,still,never an easy thing to do...condolences on your lost....now you only have jw to poop in the yard!