What's new

H3ad goes Coco

RetroGrow

Veteran
What would be acceptable ppm for tap water? I'm also wondering if just using tap water would be fine. I'm picking up a ppm reader today or tomorrow to figure out my tap ppm.

Tap water is fine as long as it's not too high on the PPMs. Anything around or under 200 is fine and you don't need to use cal/mag.

With tap water of 160-180, using 0-6-9 and addatives my PPM's come out around 1000.

It is strain dependent, as my GDP can take up to 1400ppm's and be fine, but the OG that I have burns at anything above 750-800 (all with 1k lights).
Using 400 lights, you'll possibly need to run lower PPM's, I'd try 1/2 strength and go from there.

I keep the same 0-6-9 ratio, just water the mix down with tap water (or my dehumidifier water=0ppm-same as RO) until the PPM's are lowered to 750 for my OG.

6/9 users please post the what wattage you use and the dilution.

I flower under 400w hps and find that full 6/9 burns, so have been using no more than 5/7.5 for quite some time. Sometimes even lower. Afaik h3ad flowers under a 1000w fixtures.

My ppm meter is being replaced tomorrow so im interested to see what the hardness of my water is in this new area, i assumed it would be 90-100 but i might be wrong.

Thanks

EDIT: ppm of my areas water is 230 (0.7), its definitely fucking with my clones. Going to use RO water and mix in some tap till its 50 - 80 ppm.

catalyte

Veteran
so is without going through the 100+ pages of this thread can any of you "resident experts" around here confirm that the 6/9 ratio for GH Micro and Bloom in Coco is still optimal? have better formulas been found in this usage of COCO?

thnx in advance Coco growers. i want to give it a chance again.....

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a new spot and am going to use the Head 6/9 formula.

The house is on well water and the water comes out at 300ppm.

Should I get the hard water micro? I figure the water should have enough cal-mag in it and won't need any from the micro.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay.

So, i filled a 50 gallon drum and my PH was 8.8 and PPM was 260.

I poured in 300ml of MICRO and 450 of BLOOM.

PPM only went up to 710.

Up 450 PPM total. Does that seem a little low?

Im letting my mag drive pump mix it overnight.

I used hard water MICRO. Should I add cal-mag with my water being 260PPM out of the tap and all?

catalyte

Veteran
260ppm is not really that hard... it's just a touch above most city tap water....

i would clarify hard as 300ppm+ as hard

BCMaster

Okay.

PPM only went up to 710.

I used hard water MICRO. Should I add cal-mag with my water being 260PPM out of the tap and all?

That does seem low but likely do to the well water micro. Keep in mind that the head formula calls for 1g/gallon of epsoms salt which will raise you another 100ppm. What conversion factor does your TDS pen run on? You really should try working with ec my man. It is the Universal language of TDS and once you switch you will never look back!

BCMaster

Okay.

PPM only went up to 710.

That does seem low but likely do to the well water micro. Keep in mind that the head formula calls for 1g/gallon of epsoms salt which will raise you another 100ppm. What conversion factor does your TDS pen run on? You really should try working with ec/millisiemens my man. It is the Universal language of TDS and once you switch you will never look back!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
That does seem low but likely do to the well water micro. Keep in mind that the head formula calls for 1g/gallon of epsoms salt which will raise you another 100ppm.
That gram of epsom is really only for strains that need it. MOST strains don't require additional Mag.
Just please don't add Cal/Mag when in coco.. unless your bloom nute has almost no nitrogen in it at all. That and your tap probably does have plenty of calcium in it already.... why add more with Cal/Mag?

Vag... With tap water levels at around 300.... you'll get much more consistent results using an R/O machine and regular micro. Have you picked up an analysis of what's IN your that 300ppm tap water?

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Lowman

grown in 0.6 EC tap water. Hempy bucket with silica rocks in the rez and reused coco filled the rest of the way. Try to keep the EC feed around 1.7 including the tap EC. I have cal/mag on hand....But hardly ever use it. I don't add epsom either.

Keep it simple!

attachment.php

Attachments

• g13xbsh_ Apr12.jpg
    g13xbsh_ Apr12.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 23
To you guys using DRY nutes. What is your mix for Veg??

I've been using JUST Maxibloom and my plants often look a little bit curly in veg using 1tsp per gal. I tried using 7grams per gal (measuring using DWT on a scale) and it burns the plants.

Thoughts?

BCMaster

To you guys using DRY nutes. What is your mix for Veg??

I've been using JUST Maxibloom and my plants often look a little bit curly in veg using 1tsp per gal. I tried using 7grams per gal (measuring using DWT on a scale) and it burns the plants.

Thoughts?

Mix your dry food at 1.0ec or 500ppm on a 0.5 conversion

Mix your dry food at 1.0ec or 500ppm on a 0.5 conversion

I'm confised with what this conversion equates to. I have a PPM meter that usually reads 650-700 for Veg and 800-1000 for Flower.

If using just Maxibloom, do I need to be using Micro as well in Veg and Flower or at all???

Latest posts

Latest posts