What's new

H3ad goes Coco

ScrOGhead

I'm feeding one gallon every other day using RO water
2ml ProTekt
6ml Micro
20ml bloom
5ml nirvana
5ml overdrive (was using 1/4tsp BigBud powder till this past week)
5ml CalMag +
per gallon and this is the order I put the nutes in also

Last edited:
G

greenmatter

what, thats it?........ read this from start to finish and i wish i would have found it
sooner. GREAT THREAD h3ad !!! thanks !

thanks to 40 for pointing me in the right direction ........ that 104 pages answered 500 questions! good call!

sub dermal

32ml/g bloom to mimic koolbloom added as in Rez recipe, high sulphur

32ml/g bloom to mimic koolbloom added as in Rez recipe, high sulphur

i've added 32ml of grow to 6/9 (6/41 then) instead of chainging it to 6/32. which gives it a roughly 20% increase. this is re what h3ad said to someone running high watts and co2, that removing 1 out of 5 gallons of water and mixing the same (20% increase) would be fine.

but the sulphur is 3 times what he lists in this post INCORRECT GenHydro nute calc was wrong here's updated with cannastats calc, as per amounts on the bottle (i checked!)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2669257&postcount=110

everything else is generally on the dot, +20%

i didn't add the 1gram/gallon epsom as i believe he had stopped using that when he posted the above.

i'm using this calculator from GH
disregard the below
http://genhydro.com/cgi-bin/genhydro/fcp.pl

with 2 in Micro and 14 in Bloom (x3 and you get the ml/ppm i'm running)

H3AD say:
IMHO if one wanted to test this out without purchasing an additional product, then by simply adding 32ml/gallon GH flora bloom (which you have on hand if using my 6/9 formula). This would add to the nutrient profile as follows:
N +0
P + 212ppm **32ml/g same **42ml/g 272
K + 323ppm **32ml/g same **42ml/g 414
Mg +146ppm **32ml/g same **42ml/g 187
S +97ppm **32ml/g same **42ml/g 125

This method keeps the K/(Ca+Mg) ratio more within the parameters generally accepted as the optimum range, and provides a tad more S which is often incorporated into flower/bloom boosting products.

ok, i corrected the above. the below is no longer true.

FUCK YOU GH! their calculator was fucking offffff.....
the ** are the values if adding 6/32 or 6/42 (which is as close as the calc can do 41ml/g, ie 6/9 plus 32ml flower on top of that).

i think the ratios look ok, don't know about the S though. it's a little stronger, which i'm ok with as i'm right under a 1k with c02 in a sealed room. that i can mimic KB is awesome though. i just don't know about the sulphur.

thoughts?

@15 days flower about 24" under a 1k/co2. 4.5' screen. wappa closeup.

Last edited:

volhead

I LOVE COCO! just thought id get that out there. Rosy dont get me wrong best tasting weed ive ever had has come from high quality soil, it is by far my favorite for taste. But i love working with coco and the canna line. It is my understanding,i could be wrong here, but i was under the impression that it holds 30% more air and can handle about 30% more root mass than rockwool or soil. So you can defintely get way more roots in the same size pots if that is true. My plants in canna coco regualry out pace my soils in size production vigor root ball..everything but taste and brix. Head my good friend using almost exactly same formula your using in botaincare coco mix. Hes using five to ten ml of cal mg per gal along with the 6ml per gal of micro 9ml of bloom (he actually just switched to AN jungle juice exact same thing as GH BLOOM way cheaper and consistent). The reason i bring this up is cause he just switched from no run off to 20% runoff. Not that the plants were bad before but they couldnt be happier now. Just food for thought not trying to tell you what to do. You cant overwater coco, i mean you can but you basically have to try to over water it intentionally, it holds so much oxygen that this is very difficult to over water so why not water to run off your pushing out old salt and putting in fresh unused salt every watering and providing fresh complete spectrum of nutes reguarly while pushing out any used salt buildup.GOod Luck!

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
volhead, its nice to hear of someone else using jungle juice. i love the stuff and i love the price. im using it at 6/9 for regular feeders and 8/16 for heavy feeders and it works great. throw a little kool bloom in during flower and its a done deal

headimonster

been tinkering with this formula - loving it, my issues were comin from overwatering the coco - its not dirt...!!! i gotta keep telling myself

-j23 = those herbs look like they could have gone two weeks longer and you would've had massive fruit....still looks nice tho

Sub Dermal- I have used up to 40mL of the bloom once a week starting from weeks 4-7 with no problems, I however cant say if it is an improvement.

I really like this formula. But the daily hand waterings are starting to annoy me.

sub dermal

i've stopped using 32ml gallon bloom, and switched to tsp/5gal MOAB plus 3/6 gallon.

it's cool that rez uses 3 shots or so, but i've used MOAB and can see the difference with using it steadily in the end days leading up to flush.

i also have two of the same strain to compare cola developement. it's noticeable.

.sd

solspice

This thread saved my first grow:thank you:
Jillybean, Apollo 13, Vortex, and Zensation
I've been using the 6/9 5.7pH method for about a month and the ladies are way happier than they were before. sorry no before photos but now I'm keeping the log
Thanks to all who have contributed to this informative thread.

MMJQA

105 pages later to find our the H3ad master no longer shows up to answer questions,

However very informative

Thanks

Str8Dank

105 pages later to find our the H3ad master no longer shows up to answer questions,

However very informative

Thanks

Fortunately so many other growers adapted this style you can still get good answers from people right here on this method!

Hereward

Thank God I found this thread over a year ago. This way of growing has been the simplest, most reliable, and most successful method I've tried. I can't really imagine ever moving away from it, never fully. It's been so consistently successful for me this last year, with a few minor tweaks I've worked in. Many mahalos to GreatfulHead. I hope some awesome karma comes around to the man for helping so many growers like myself so much.

ImportedPhotos00073.jpg

ImportedPhotos00091.jpg

ImportedPhotos00080.jpg

Casey Jones7

Ive been using coco with the 6/9 formula adding 2.5ml of floralicious plus and my plants are turning yellow. I'm in week the beginning of week 4 in veg. Can someone please help me. I'm about to flush them today.

ridoo

Hi all,
got some problems with my flowering plants... here my doses and quantity, maybe something is wrong about that...

4 Liters water
bloom 9.60 ml
micro hard water 6.40 ml
epsom salt : 1.1gr

ph 5.8

sometimes adding some hyox 35% about 1ml/L

The "strange" thing is that i use approximately same doses /2 for my cuttings and seedlings /veging plants and they use to like it very much..

Symptoms of the flowering plants is quick yellowing, then drying leafs, sometimes bleaching leaf.. i add a moister (?) (engine that make moist) so i guess the air is not so dry..

I always check my pH at 5.8.

Do you thinks it's wrong doses ?

Can put pictures if needed.

Thanks for help.

See you.
Ridoo

Ive been using coco with the 6/9 formula adding 2.5ml of floralicious plus and my plants are turning yellow. I'm in week the beginning of week 4 in veg. Can someone please help me. I'm about to flush them today.

stop the floroliscious plus, almost everyone says it good but ive noticed when useing it some plants dont like it n go yellow, at the end of the day u gotta read the plants, go back to h3ads formula is my guess.

berlinweed

Hi all,
got some problems with my flowering plants... here my doses and quantity, maybe something is wrong about that...

4 Liters water
bloom 9.60 ml
micro hard water 6.40 ml
epsom salt : 1.1gr

ph 5.8

sometimes adding some hyox 35% about 1ml/L

The "strange" thing is that i use approximately same doses /2 for my cuttings and seedlings /veging plants and they use to like it very much..

Symptoms of the flowering plants is quick yellowing, then drying leafs, sometimes bleaching leaf.. i add a moister (?) (engine that make moist) so i guess the air is not so dry..

I always check my pH at 5.8.

Do you thinks it's wrong doses ?

Can put pictures if needed.

Thanks for help.

See you.
Ridoo

Hi ridoo,

I know what you mean. I have the same situation. During veg time my plants and cuttings just explode, nice healty green and only 6/9 with my hard tap water. Even a mother plant i had over months was just doing fine. But when the time comes for 12/12 hours of light the problems begin. Magnesium deficiency. Once I had a nice pheno of double strawberry diesel and with some calmag it look good with healthy green till the end of the bloom phase. So what?

I guess it is a mix of genetic (some plants need higher doses of nutes), root development (root bound can be a reason) and what I figured out two weeks ago were ph fluctuations with ghe nutes. I mixed my reservoir, lowered the ph to 5,7 and gave 1/3 it to my plants. The next day i looked for the ph in the reservoir and it was at 6,5! After correcting I thougt next time i mix my nutes with a ph at 5,6 or 5,7 and let it rest for 24 h and after that I corrected the higher ph again and than I gave the nutes to my plants first time. This helped. My plants a getting better but the problem is not completely solved but I feel much better now ´cause things are getting into the right direction. I also tried canna coco a & b and noticed that the ph is more stable.

With the next mix I will lower the nutes a bit and add calmag again and hope that things are getting even more better.

But thinking of my hydro times using aqua farms many years ago I never had problems like this so on my next run I will try mapito as a "pure" hydro medium with lucas 8/16.

Just my :2cents: and maybe the pros here can correct me and give us more tipps.

Greetz

BW

ridoo

Hi berlinweed,
thanks for story and tips,

in fact it goes better since some days, i changed doses as :

4L tap water (1 gal is normally 3.78L)
9 bloom
6 micro
1gr epsom salt

then add :
5ml hyox 35%
or
10ml cannazym
or
5ml GPB Diamond Blooming

sure i never mix all this in the same time :), i already got the bottles of this products
still check my pH at 5.8
plants react good

gonna add some ml of pk soon but some girls come in lately in the flo room so..:whistling::whistling: wait :)

thanks again for helping
r

Slimm

You are using too strong H2O2. The 35% solution must be diluted to around 3% - 5% for a working solution. Less danger of hurting yourself with splash back - talk to krunchbubble about this; he got an eyeful recently. Anyway, plants respond better to the more dilute working solution.

Latest posts

Latest posts