What's new

H3ad goes Coco

ridoo

You are using too strong H2O2. The 35% solution must be diluted to around 3% - 5% for a working solution. Less danger of hurting yourself with splash back - talk to krunchbubble about this; he got an eyeful recently. Anyway, plants respond better to the more dilute working solution.

Hi Slimm,
thanks for posting :)
With this nuts and mixing/flushing carefully i see that plants respond very well to this doses...

I used that hyox 35% since some years, i always use gloves and protection glass, i'm very very paranoid about that kind of products so i guess i'm more careful than average growers.. :)

Slimm

Well I'm just more cautious so I try to minimize the chance for accidents whenever possible. Glad you are being safe :tiphat:

greenduck

so wait, if im running co2 in my room than i can bump up the ration from 6/9 to 6/12 or even 6/16 in flower? what about in veg, are people noticing great results with the 6/9 ration originally post by H3AD??

i read the first 20 pages and noticed he didnt run co2 and so ive heard some other say you can increase.

also, is there an update or is it still 6/9 with 1gram/gallon epsom salt (or 2ml/gallon galmag). use this in veg also??

i use 6/9 veg in coco 6/9 plus 2.5 liquid kool bloom and everything seems to be going good. I have some epsom salt but haven't had to use at all. I think head after awhile stopped using it not sure though.

ridoo

in veg i use plain 6/9 1gr epsom salt for 4L (1 gal is 3.78L so it's just a little lighter than original recipe)

and the girls are doin really fine

i give this even to seedlings

greenduck

so basically ive been wasting my money on the grow and CaMg. ive been adding 5ml's per gallon of camg in my veg and reducing it down to 2mls in flower. damn the hydrostores pushing their products in my pockets arrrgg haha.

anyone adding a nitrozime, roots excellorator to their mix or should i just cut that crap out. im almost convinced to stick to the simple plain.

Slimm

so basically ive been wasting my money on the grow and CaMg. ive been adding 5ml's per gallon of camg in my veg and reducing it down to 2mls in flower. damn the hydrostores pushing their products in my pockets arrrgg haha.

anyone adding a nitrozime, roots excellorator to their mix or should i just cut that crap out. im almost convinced to stick to the simple plain.

Yeah I agree, simpler is always better. Only ever change one thing at a time and only change it by 1/4 - 1/2 the suggested amount. Take some observations and then decide if it helped or hurt and make the appropriate changes to your program.

Now as far as roots excellorator - I use it and it works. I'm not sure that it works any better than kelp and I suspect that's what is in it. Just go easy with it.

On the CalMg - that sounds about right. I know head claims to not need it - it probably has to do with his water. It is common to need it in coco as coco tends to grab and hang on to ca and mg. You can pre-charge your media with CalMg like I do. Even then I find that some plants / strains want some and others do not. Just learn to recognize the signs of cal and mg def and correct as soon as you see a problem - careful not to overcorrect too. Also, I use 50% RO / Tap since that leaves enough ca and mg in solution to handle all but the most hungry plants.

:wave:

watts

ohms
Veteran
Ive been using coco with the 6/9 formula adding 2.5ml of floralicious plus and my plants are turning yellow. I'm in week the beginning of week 4 in veg. Can someone please help me. I'm about to flush them today.

you suppose to be using 1ml of floralicious plus per gallon. not 2.5

watts

ohms
Veteran
thats what i thought but those ratios don't seem right!!!!!!!!!!!

i've heard people say 1/4, 2/5, 4/7, 6/9

see how theres always 3ml more of bloom to micro ratio.. just like 6/9

thanks for trying

Coco_nuts

thats what i thought but those ratios don't seem right!!!!!!!!!!!

i've heard people say 1/4, 2/5, 4/7, 6/9

see how theres always 3ml more of bloom to micro ratio.. just like 6/9

thanks for trying

Nope its 6/9 as in x / x * 1.5

so 1/1.5, 2/3, 3/4.5, 4/6, 5/7.5, 6/9, 7/10.5, 8/12 etc etc

Coco_nuts

6/9 users please post the what wattage you use and the dilution.

I flower under 400w hps and find that full 6/9 burns, so have been using no more than 5/7.5 for quite some time. Sometimes even lower. Afaik h3ad flowers under a 1000w fixtures.

My ppm meter is being replaced tomorrow so im interested to see what the hardness of my water is in this new area, i assumed it would be 90-100 but i might be wrong.

Thanks

EDIT: ppm of my areas water is 230 (0.7), its definitely fucking with my clones. Going to use RO water and mix in some tap till its 50 - 80 ppm.

H

HighBurn8

H3ad,
I am using RO water and 6/9. I know you say to solve Cal-Mag issue, just adjust pH. I did that and things got worse. I tried my Tap water on some plants, and they did not seem to like it...even tho it is only 100 ppm. So, do you have any advice for using RO water? I added 100ppm of Magi-Cal to some plants and the new growth is much better looking. Any advice is much appreciated! Also, what kind of Coco do you prefer?

per gal of 0 ppm RO water

1.5ml protekt
3ml mag i cal
3.75ml micro
7ml bloom
4ml hygrozyme
1ml root excel

in that order ...Respectively

comes out to a PH of 5.8 and an EC of 1.1

happy roots = happy plants

thanks for this thr3ad h3ad! :tiphat:

Attachments