What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

whodi

Veteran
**EDIT

I had problems with running 6/9 in veg for some reason. I was getting the clawed, dark green leaves indicating too much nitrogen. I water with about 10% runoff and veg under a 400watt MH. Watering once a day. Perhaps it was because of cold temps for a while and it might have cause a lockout of potassium/phos..?

I'll try the 6/9 again in veg this spring/summer when temps are more stable; until then i'm gonna be using half strength.

6/9 works great in flower because my temps are more stable/warmer (1400 watts)... so i'm assuming that's why i'm not getting any ill effects.

So to those who are getting problems with 6/9 ratio.. make sure your temps are stable and i suggest using half strength in veg if you're getting signs of too much nitrogen.

C

Cozy Amnesia

If you think you're getting too much nitrogen than back off on the micro.

Tony Danza

Does anybody feed extra bloom in the first 6 weeks or so? Like 12 mL/gal. I'm thinking about doing this.

Sometimes I do that, sometimes I ad 3-5ml kool bloom, sometimes I use 1/4 tsp budblaster. I like to boost my pk during the phases when the plant is really pumping out calyxes.

I do think I need to get more consitent with it, I just can't decide which is the better way for me to go.

Tony Danza

Has anybody seen their plants freak out when they dropped the micro out? I had no troubles the first few runs, but this last time, the upper fan leaves started curl and crisp out when I took away the Micro.

There are a couple other variables that could have caused it, I may have gotten too aggressive with my PK boosting, too much budblaster (dry nute), or too much liquid humus. I'm on strait 9ml bloom coming down the homestrech now, but the girls look pretty rough, although the buds are still growing, so hopefully the product is still good despite some crispy brown leaves.

Any thoughts?

AbaZabba

Has anybody seen their plants freak out when they dropped the micro out? I had no troubles the first few runs, but this last time, the upper fan leaves started curl and crisp out when I took away the Micro.

There are a couple other variables that could have caused it, I may have gotten too aggressive with my PK boosting, too much budblaster (dry nute), or too much liquid humus. I'm on strait 9ml bloom coming down the homestrech now, but the girls look pretty rough, although the buds are still growing, so hopefully the product is still good despite some crispy brown leaves.

Any thoughts?

This is most likely caused from too much PK and not the cutting of the Micro. Some strains like quite a bit of nitrogen, until about week 4 of flower, so you have to adjust when to cut the mico accordingly but it should never cause crisping leaves.

What strain(s) and how much Kool Bloom are you mixing when you cut the micro and go straight 9ml/gal?

Tony Danza

It's a couple mountain mix ladies that were the most effected, I saw a little bit of this on the others, but only like 15% as bad.

I was adding about 5ml KB/gall, and every third feeding or so I would add 1/4tsp budblaster instead of KB. I did this for like 3 weeks at 6/9 and i week at 0/9. Halfway through that last week Is when I saw the crispiness.

My next run will only boost the PK for three weeks at the most and only at 3ml with the KB and I will only hit it with the budblaster 2 or three times tops, as the benefits from the BB come with a small dose, and don't seem to improve with a higher one.

G

gdawg

i was gonna say my veg plants look great with the 6/9 feed. and i start em pretty young on it, but i prolly only water every 3 days or so and flush once a week. tony a table of my plants,1 strain, also took it hard when i cut the micro out at week 4. this run i will take em to week 5 or so..props to h3ad

K

krushonkush

Whatsup guys, I've been using this formula for I some time now and Gdawg I feel
the same about the micro. this is what I have said in early post in this thread.
Some stains will just fall off very fast once the micro is dropped, others never seem to
flush. Its all about knowing your girls..
One thing that I also will do is 6/12 first week or two. Been playing with koolbloom(liquid)
but not long so can't report yet...One thing I can say is I have saved sooo much on nutes
this last year! no B/S 1gl of each!! you do the math.
picture.php

whodi

Veteran
This is what I use for flowering and it works best for me:

-DAYS 1-14 : 6ml micro / 12ml bloom
-DAYS 15-21: 6ml micro / 10ml bloom / 7ml kool bloom
-DAYS 22-28: 3ml micro / 15ml bloom
-DAYS 29-42: 3ml micro / 12ml bloom / 7ml kool bloom
-DAYS 43-54: 15ml bloom
-DAYS 55-59: flush with pure water less than 100ppm at 6.0 pH
-DAY 60: Harvest

As you can see, I gradually drop the micro.

G

gdawg

krush i have def. noticed a savings in nutes i love this formula and will never go back with pbp. ima ease off the micro this current run and also throw some grandmas molasses in the rez around week 6 just for shits and giggs. this is such a low maintenance routine....

mojogreenhand

Anyone running this formula in an ebb & flow? How do you handle the cutting of micro? Dump rez and start fresh with just bloom? Try and let it work it's way out of the solution by being used up? If that is the case how do you calculate how much bloom to add back? Thanks!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I am in second week of flower and im running about 6ml micro and a little more bloom, about 12ml.

why do you guys back off the micro so much?

my guys are showing a teeny bit of nute burn, i will post pics soon.

i also add 5-10ml cal mag and 5ml of florablend compost tea which has small levels of nitrogen and PK.

imushdream

Looking for info on using this formula with well water. The water tests at 5.9ph and 330ppm. The water is especially high in iron. Better to use hard water micro I'm assuming. Correct?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
The only difference in the hard water micro is the Ca is left out of the ward water formula.
I wonder if some sort of magnetic filter would remove the iron?

Head, I love you. Thank you for your wise teachings. I have fallen in love with GH and am doing some interesting experimentation with a reveged plant. I was wondering if you would give me your advice. So, my last grow got pollinated due to Xmas time negligence (I was out of town and on auto pilot for 7 days--a few ladies went hermi), dern bag seeds, never never again. Anyway, this Papaya plant that I have is reveging well, but is also full of seeds. It really is a miracle before my eyes to see this reveg thing work. The unpollinated calyxes swell up like a giant bud and then burst forth with new fresh leaves. Mmmmm nature. It's weird because I have also been trying to reveg a Jack Herer adn am getting nothing. I think maybe the new veg has to come from unpollinated calyxes? Anyway, these new veg sites on the papaya, do you think they will produce buds? Should I take cuttings from them and get some individual plants going or leave them on the old plant body. I just want zero chance of another hermi pollen explosion in my room. I think I would cry.

whodi

Veteran
update: the 6/9 formula is perfect for veg; although i up the formula in flower; 6/9 would still be plenty good enough.

:

Attachments

• 101_0574.jpg
    101_0574.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 19

imushdream

Didn't find much for magnetic filters except for entire softeners. Looks like a greensand filter might be in my near future. Hopefully not. Gonna give it a go with the normal micro. If there's problems I'll try the hardwater micro and go from there.

If I've got a main rez feeding the drain to waste system do I need some sort of air stone or something to keep the main rez mixed? Seems like the nutes will otherwise just settle.

Wonderon

I am trying to get this nute thing licked and having a few problems. 4-5 week old plants from seed, I am using spring water till my RO gets finished being installed and I noticed this. I took 1 gal of the spring water, when I ec it, it shows up at 200ec or less (200 light blinks, lowest light on the meter). Then I add 1/3 strength nutes, 2ml micro stir it up, then I add 3 ml bloom stir it up and it ec's at 400-500ec. Then after I add the ph down its up to 600-700ec. Is this normal or what? Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if all is good. Plants have been up and down, not seeming to get them dialed in yet. Thanks anyone who takes the time to help me.

Latest posts

Latest posts