What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
53078Picture_1343-thumb.jpg

This picture should be the title page for the coco forum. Says it all.

Nice one Thundurkel! :wave:

BlazingTrees

Grat3fulh3ad said:
By mixing 8ml/gal micro and 14ml/gal bloom and watering with plain water every other watering...

In the coco, I am now using 6ml/gal micro and 9ml/gal bloom which gives the nute profile:
N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 41
S 27
Ca 97

adding 1 g/gal epsom salts to the solution changes the numbers for mg and s to:
Mg 67
S 61
I didnt read the whole thread so Im not sure if someone pointed this out yet, but adding 1 g/gal mgso4, would add 53ppm Mg, and 63ppm S...leaving you with 94ppm Mg, and 124ppm S

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
BlazingTrees said:
I didnt read the whole thread so Im not sure if someone pointed this out yet, but adding 1 g/gal mgso4, would add 53ppm Mg, and 63ppm S...leaving you with 94ppm Mg, and 124ppm S
Epsom salt is MgSO4 ' 7H2O though... It's a hydrated crystal and all of that 1g of epsom salts is not MgSO4, part of the weight is the 7H2O

duddits

Hey folks,

What is your opinion of the plants not getting as high ppm's once the micro is cut out. Would the plant make use of 800 ppm of the bloom instead of 500 or so that it comes out with 9ml bloom/gal? Is cutting back on ppm's half way through the grow part of the plan?

i kept my ppm higher with straight bloom since i dropped the micro, dont know if it made a difference that's just what i did

Last edited:
K

krushonkush

well, I will tell you that I really only know what I do...
I use just what is says the first run. b/c its a great base.next time around maybe
change some but really just like a week of 6/12ml before the drop or when I drop.
I'll just watch em if they start to eat leaves right after you drop the micro then you know to run alittle longer next time. I cant tell you to run higher ppms, they will. But I will tell you I feed the min. amount! I hate waste and going to the store!

:joint:

G

gdawg

hey h3ad i am lovin this regimen so far. i am at week 6 of a 58 day strain and my plants are lookin great. i started off with 6/9 no flush until a couple days ago i hit em 2 days straight h20. also last week i jacked my bloom up to 10ml per. this week just 12ml bloom no micro then on to a 12-14 day straight water flush. one thing i noticed was i did not have a big stretch that i usually get with this strain, i run a scrog so its easy to tell and i've run this strain for a couple of years. i wont be going back to the pureblend...

G

gdawg

hay yall well today i did notice the slightest fading in my table that has 2 and a half weeks left. i am wondering if a slight bump of the micro in week 2ish would of helped. its not bad im just anal...anyways gr3at stuff h3ad!! if only i had started out this way...heres a pick of a double strawberrry diesel x mountain jam girl ima chop in the next couple. she got changed over from the pbp (bad bad!!) around week 2 of 12/12. i am noticing my plants seem easier to flush at the end.
17717nuggy_086-med.jpg
17717nuggy_085-med.jpg

G

gdawg

hey admiral thanks and so far have not noticed any taste change negative or positive, and im really a picky smoker. next week ill have some of my strain dry that i have been runnin on pbp for 2 years almost, so ill definately be able to tell a difference if there is any. one thing i did notice was how quickly my plants began to cleanse after cutting out the micro. it caught me off guard and i may have cut it out a day or two early. this seems much easier to flush out.

AndreNicky

With 2mg cal-mag plus and 6ml Micro 9ml bloom produces a profile of,
N-118
P-60
k-106
M-54
Ca-122
S-28

I was thinking about using this for veg till about 2 weeks into bloom, does this profile look good? maybe alittle high in Cal? I would just use epsom salt but i have a bottle of cal-mag plus i dont wanna put to waste heh

AndreNicky

Well i started using the nute profile above at half strength and i love it so far. Before this i was using FNG and my plants have looked all fucked up since they sprouted. Well last night i gave them a feeding of head formula and the girls instantly perked up, now 12 hours later most the plants are starting to look very healthy. Can't thank u enough for your formula head, it saved my grow and my sanity lol

G

gdawg

andre heads formula is great heh! are you using tap or ro water? i have not used the calmag forever and no issues so far, i use tap water but am thinkin of ro on my next setup.

AndreNicky

I'm using 3/4 RO, 1/4 tap(i use the tap to get the Ph of my RO water stable)

Just wanted to add my first numbers are alittle off, its actually 4ml calmag+ in that formula

Thanks!

Thanks!

I just wanted to thank H3ad for sharing with the community. It's my first time in coco, and my plants have never looked better!

Thanks man! :headbange

C

Cozy Amnesia

Does anybody feed extra bloom in the first 6 weeks or so? Like 12 mL/gal. I'm thinking about doing this.

Hey guys just wanted to drop in. It's my first time on the threads today! I've been a reader for months though! WHat what! I used head's formula for my first run and it ran pretty great. I had some bumps along the way but have really cleaned up since then.

"Smokin da goods of my VERY first harvest! Wow, it's been about 1.5 weeks since chop day and it's a bittersweet victory let me say. I really apologize for hogging up this thread, but I wish to tell my tale and maybe let some people learn from my mess. Ok, so when I started my first grow show, I naively thought hey I've got a light, now I can grow! $2,000 later and over 3 complete remodifications of my growroom, I can say that I can finally grow and have gotten a surgical setup going. Here was my fatal flaw. I got an automated dripper setup going because all throughout my grow I was waiting to have to go away to see my grandparents for Xmas 2008. So, I started in August 08, got hasty and decided that bag seeds would be a fun little side project before I ordered my nicer genetics. I grew out those guys until about mid-September and then I started my Nirvana genetics. They were growing out the outskirts of this ridiculous setup I had at the time. It was a giant baby pool with a slide I got for free at Walmart hovering on top of 3 rubbermaid containers for drains. Needless to say, changing out the water was a pain. The heady seeds sat atop the slide, hahaha that was so dirty ghetto. Anyways, by that point my bag seeds were like 2 feet tall so I had this gap in growth that was super annoying. Then I finally got a slanted table AUTO DRIPPER setup as suggested in on of gaius's threads.

Mad respect gaius!

So, to the climax of the story! I had a nice smooth setting run going by the time Xmas came around. I had to leave her for 7 days all alone. SCARY!!! Don't do this at home kids. Well, I come back to find about 3-4 bag seeds had hermied! I had left at about two weeks flowering. Let me tell you. At that point, I was a VEG MASTER! However, my flowering skills were none. Of course, the hermi plants were right in front of my AC unit which blows all throughout the room. Literally 90%-95% pollination. I cried once I think. But have since been looking to the bright future. Got 1 WR, 2 NL #5 x Haze, and a 20 pack of Mandala Safari mix on the way. I have worked my way slowly to a working setup and I'm finally making it. I didn't have the funding at all at first but I worked hard to make it happen. Growing is like crack, man. You have to keep doing it and it has to keep getting better and bigger.

I want to say one last thanks to my grow gurus again -- Thank you Gaius, bonecarver, and GratefulHead! Mr. Head, I used your formula and she put me right on target. I'm smoking seed pods and leaves that are some tastiest yummy-nums. Who woulda thought? Ahhhh, I am SOOOOO happy to be finally talking with you guys out here in ICworld."

I love you guys and I love coco. Thank you for making the magic possible!