What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

militia420

Do you have any pics of that militia?

I only had the tiniest bit of rot starting in one nugget and I already excised it. It wound up lightly raining today and being completely over cast so fate is telling me that I absolutely need to just harvest the 2 Venomdogs out of 5 that are practically done anyway. Like I said, one got the chop last night. Weighed 6.5oz wet with the buds trimmed off of the main stem. Should be at least 1.5oz dry almost hit the couple oz mark I was hoping for on that one. The other one has been moved back in to dry out in front of a strong centrifugal fan. Not gonna risk losing a qp over gaining less < an oz by trying to grow it longer and losing it to rot or mold. I have extremely strong reservations as to weather these 3 other venomdogs will finish without pain and suffering. Those three are all like 3-4 times the size of the bigger of the two that are done and they're just starting to blow up with pistils. I used a tactic of lopping off various intervals of limbs when I was living in the jungle and that allowed more airflow between branches, but then there's still the issue of the buds packing in so densely that the air just gets stagnant and damn mold or rot easily develops. Other than tearing up the bud, like the branches, and cutting out chunks to allow air flow, I don't know how to deal with this in a healthy manner avoiding chemicals and I ain't messing with any chemicals.

If I stumble across any more beginnings of rot I'll take pics. I can only do this because I can check these exact plants daily right now. Any one who checks em weekly would have to be lucky and catch it right as it starts otherwise this shit spreads way too fast as others can confirm. One and a half chunky indicas is better than none =). I knew going into this the indicas were my biggest gamble but I need it to help with sleep.

BTW, any one know of any indicas that are super mold and rot resistant that I might look into giving a go here in Hawaii? I know Kentucky and WV boys ought to have some recommendations.

militia420

"Then again you might be advertising a block party"
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

That's a great idea you quoted there by the canuck. I'd go one step further and recommend that fish bone meal be dumped in a couple of thick batches spread out because the way these animals noses work they will note that there is stuff spread all over, but they can pick out the strongest odors by intensity and if your plant has the most fish bone meal on it while every thing else has a dusting, they'll still go for the plant. If you make a number of locations saturated with it, or even bury some fish heads, this ought to be enough to camouflage the plant.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That's a great idea you quoted there by the canuck. I'd go one step further and recommend that fish bone meal be dumped in a couple of thick batches spread out because the way these animals noses work they will note that there is stuff spread all over, but they can pick out the strongest odors by intensity and if your plant has the most fish bone meal on it while every thing else has a dusting, they'll still go for the plant. If you make a number of locations saturated with it, or even bury some fish heads, this ought to be enough to camouflage the plant.

Good point. :plant grow:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bet you'd be fine using bone meal as long as you work the soil around the plant about 1 inch deep and mix it in with your fingers. Most of it will be buried in the soil and probably reduces the smell. I would get some good repellent like liquid fence granular to spread around when you fertilize. Maybe use a couple different repellents all at once. Thats what I would do. Remember, the plants need the N, K and other nutrients when you are out to feed.

The happy frog Japanese Maple Fertilizer https://foxfarmfertilizer.com/item/happy-frog-japanese-maple-fertilizer.html has bone meal in it, and small critters did recently dig just a little bit after the repellent was washed by a couple days of rain. It was minor, surface digging though just being curious, not tearing anything up.

Espoma garden tone https://3c9sm1yzqy518hwx3f6o4c64-wp...ent/uploads/2015/03/garden-tone-datasheet.pdf is what I normally use it has bone meal and poultry products. Everything has bone meal in it. You're good to go Duskray Troubador! How big are your plants? I bet they're hungry! Get them something to eat! I would just heavy up on repellents when you feed.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I would personally avoid bone or fish meal outdoors. I mixed a small handful of organic fertilizer containing bone meal into each grow bag this season (16 gallons of soil and perlite per bag) and returned a week later to find 3 bags with dirt and plants scattered all over the place and one bag totally ripped open with the plant nowhere in sight. The other 3 were salvaged and are doing great now.

Maybe if it is given time to break down a while before the plants are introduced you'd be ok, but those critters have an unbelievable sense of smell and it doesn't take much to arouse their curiosity and get them going on a treasure hunt for what they think might be dinner buried somewhere beneath.

Rodehazrd

What are you guys' thoughts on watering with fish bone meal tea or using it as a topdress?

It's the only high phosphorous organic nutrient I've come across, but I've got bears all over these woods and I'm worried they'd dig that shit right up.

Hey Duskray,

I have been using a 0-12-0 bone char by fertrell for my p outdoors and I can't complain, they also have Phostrell 0-6-0 which is bone char with CaCO3 mixed in to make it easier to use. No smell . I use a 1/4 cup of the straight char in 5 gal of media or a half cup of Phostrell. I top dressed with the phostrell at two tablespoons per 3 gal pot at the switch indoors and they loved it. I have been exploring the fertrell line for two years and find only good things to say so far. Check the web page for info. I emailed them and got a fast detailed answer to my questions.

Smokemifugottum:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Ok... don't know why I didn't think of this. Use MAP instead. MAP 11-52-0 is also called Monoammonium Phosphate. You can get it at any farm co-op. They sell it to farmers by the truck load. I paid $2 for a big paper bag full. Same thing for pure potash.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
50 x gg4
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking good friend.....that's a nice lil flat to grow in. I know I've probably ask but when does it get to cold up there/frost??? I lived in the Great Lake region in north Indy south MI and it was cold cold in Oct most the time??? Very nice plants and area/plot/patch

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks. They're always fun to watch grow.

MI has the lake effect and can be brutal. I'm a little North East of that but October is usually good as is November. 2 out of 5 years can be cold by Nov 1. It can still be nice by December though. Frost is tricky. October can dish out a couple. My issue here is the humidity. It's 100% from October 1 to February with little relief. Dangerous time but the plants take on the most gorgeous colors.

-TheShortTexan-

Tycho those are superb. Between the scenery and the plants... I want to make that my background pic. Those are gonna make some heavy buds for sure

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks. Seems they don't mind the stifling heat and humidity. But in all fairness, they're planted in what used to be the chicken manure pile 50 years ago. lol.

Rodehazrd

Thanks. Seems they don't mind the stifling heat and humidity. But in all fairness, they're planted in what used to be the chicken manure pile 50 years ago. lol.

My girls seem to love the heat as long as its good and humid. Later when I have some fat buds we may be hoping for some dry time.

You're going to have some real monsters after the stretch good luck till you get them in the jars. :tiphat:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are bushing out well, tycho! Full sunshine, thats fun! What have they been fertilized with just manure? Healthy girls there! Are the guerilla gold flowering?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Blood/bone meal, kelp, potash watered 3 times a week. The plants in more typical gorilla spots are doing ok but not like these ladies, but they only get watered once a week. It's been dry as hell here since May.

militia420

For those that don't recall, I'm in Hawaii. So I have some early harvests as a result of the fact that many plants will go straight into flower when you move them from indoor to outdoor. 3 of my plants were put out early enough to be finishing up now and I've fully harvested 2 indicas which look like I'll get about 6-7 ounces from them, which isn't too bad considering one was in a gallon container and yielded about 1.5oz.

We've also had way too much cloud cover this year because of the volcano activity on the island which has created this light reducing layer of volcanic cloud. I had one of the grow shop owners telling me if this shit didn't let up early enough that we'd wind up with more wispy buds and he was right, though the indicas look pretty good over all, but the one sativa I started harvesting (going limb by limb since I can only trim so much at a time do to injuries) is a SSSDH IX cross and it could stand to be denser. Buuuut I ain't complaining since it looks like I'll get away with this grow without any outside interference.

Just another piece of evidence in support of finding the best light possible without getting busted for grows. I remember the very first time I tried growing outdoors in southwest Virginia and I couldn't find as big of a clearing in the woods as I wanted. The spots I chose completely sucked and were a waste of energy and I'm glad some animal(s) got to the plants before I invested too much time. Any newbs looking to do an outdoor grow should make certain they don't even consider locations that don't get a certain amount of light or you'll be risking your ass for a grow that isn't going to be worth it.

On that note, the volcano on the island appears to be letting up and there haven't been as many little earthquakes in that area. So if the flow stops we might get clearer skies for next years grow (I may try a winter grow here but with less plants.). Any one else on the Big Island here? If so, how bad has the VOG effected your grow?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
For those that don't recall, I'm in Hawaii. So I have some early harvests as a result of the fact that many plants will go straight into flower when you move them from indoor to outdoor. 3 of my plants were put out early enough to be finishing up now and I've fully harvested 2 indicas which look like I'll get about 6-7 ounces from them, which isn't too bad considering one was in a gallon container and yielded about 1.5oz.

We've also had way too much cloud cover this year because of the volcano activity on the island which has created this light reducing layer of volcanic cloud. I had one of the grow shop owners telling me if this shit didn't let up early enough that we'd wind up with more wispy buds and he was right, though the indicas look pretty good over all, but the one sativa I started harvesting (going limb by limb since I can only trim so much at a time do to injuries) is a SSSDH IX cross and it could stand to be denser. Buuuut I ain't complaining since it looks like I'll get away with this grow without any outside interference.

Just another piece of evidence in support of finding the best light possible without getting busted for grows. I remember the very first time I tried growing outdoors in southwest Virginia and I couldn't find as big of a clearing in the woods as I wanted. The spots I chose completely sucked and were a waste of energy and I'm glad some animal(s) got to the plants before I invested too much time. Any newbs looking to do an outdoor grow should make certain they don't even consider locations that don't get a certain amount of light or you'll be risking your ass for a grow that isn't going to be worth it.

On that note, the volcano on the island appears to be letting up and there haven't been as many little earthquakes in that area. So if the flow stops we might get clearer skies for next years grow (I may try a winter grow here but with less plants.). Any one else on the Big Island here? If so, how bad has the VOG effected your grow?

I know what you mean about growing in SW VA.....it's hard to find growing spots unless your on top of a mtn ......which is a bitch to get to especially hiking through the Mtns. And once the sun chances it's path: direction June 21 if a large tree gets in the way that may not have back in May when you put them out. I'm growing for the first time on this land and have cleared out a lot of small stuff but still am gonna have to cut some large trees this winter if I grow this area next yr. Sorry to hear about the volcano ash....there's defiant nothing you can do. Can you grow all yr outdoors there in Hawaii ??!! Good luck man:tiphat:

ODF

Gotta agree on the light thing. Don't invest unless you know they'll get proper light.

I got a bit tired with my bro when he was being extremely meticulous with not only picking the spot but also the placement of the plants at said spot. (He's very meticulous in everything he does.) Turns out he was right. He chopped down a couple of carefully selected big trees and the plants had sun just about as much as possible. They sure rewarded us. Never seen anything like it around here. The soil was good to begin with and of course it had an endless supply of horse manure nearby. Was a good year. Hopefully we'll get the chance to go outdoors again. Til then I'm just tagging along. Learning and enjoying all the good stories.

Good thread!

Latest posts

Latest posts