What's new

Guerilla Gold Guerilla Grow in Ontario '08

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
thanks for the kind words ganjasmile fast pine and clearcutter. good luck to all yall aswell
males sure do suck. i love the not watering but im a little worried its too wet at the sunshine plot. i think i should have used pots, more swamp style. we'll see though

nothing planted in the swamp plot still. just not enough time to make it all the way out there. although progress is being made. i took out one of those seedlings and my beats peat. aswell as a bag of manure and promix. this beats peat stuff is awesome so far. it comes in 4 "sheets" like 2 inches thick and about a foot square. makes it AWESOME to pack and carry. i busted them up and put one in each pot. which i dug into the moss so there was a few inches of water in the bottom of the pots. i opted to not cut the bottoms out. just lots of drainage. im hoping to get plants in them next week

and this guy was not happy with me for a good portion of my hike. wouldnt stop screeching. mustve had a nest with chicks nearby

Last edited:

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
headin out tommorow to check on em and maybe plant the swamp plot if i have time. im interested in seeing what this peat did in the pots

oh and check out this crazy fungi i found. anyone have any idea what it might be?

S

sow the seeds

Nice bongrex can't wait to see how the swamp plot turns out. Gotta love the swamp...something very cool about being out there with the plants despite the water/smell/bugs/holes/everything else.

little j

im watching. im liking. good luck to ya. i here ya about the males. im scared for mine because they wont tell me and i think its past due. i dont like that. little j

Buddle

Veteran
Looking good Bong..too bad about the males.Seems I am getting more males than usual this yr..

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
thanks guys. damn computer ate my post. i hate it when it does that, oh well here we ggo again

things at last years plot are still looking the best, despite the shitty weather conditions as of late. nothing but rain and clouds. no more males to be pulled this time which is always a good thing. ive got these 2 tall females im pretty happy with. although the nodes are close to a foot apart on the one of them.

and then 4 smaller ones in the ground still waiting to sex. and one more in a pot that STILL has to go to the swamp

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
The sunshine plot isnt doing nearly aswell as i would have thought it would. The wet rainy conditions arent helping either. I think that my plants here are actually too wet. I belive i should have treated this spot more like a swamp and used containers raised out of the soil mix ive added below. Oh well, live and learn. Makes me excited for next year already.

No more males her either. And one little runt. haha

And i didnt even make it to the swamp. I had trudged through enough wet woods in the rain... :badday:

Greens

Yeah, they sure are stretching at the spot you used last year. Must be all the clouds and the fact that it's not so sunny at that spot. Other than that, they look pretty good though. It's too bad about the sunnier spot. I think you might be right about it being too wet for them.

Well, I really hope the weather improves for you soon and that those plants explode. Hehe, I guess you can harvest the runt pretty soon and get a few joints. lol.

Talk to you later,

Greens

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
thanks for the kind words greens my man

another week and another update. starting at lastyearsplot

another factor of their extreme stretchiness i think is the fact their going through the flowering stretch. and just reaching for more light. which seems to have stopped for the most part now. alot of pistils showing up. and the big one the the bed is actually starting to throw out some branches. i took the lil one in the pot here to the sunshine plot for a bit of an experiment. one more male aswell. yanked it and tied one of the females into the empty spot in hopes of a bit more light. every bit counts here. also got some nutes even though the soil is still soaked

and things are looking steady at the sunshine plot. my runt is starting to get some nice crystals and looks like maybe a quarter dry. should be a nice little early treat. why do they do this? any idea greens? i took the little one in a pot from last years plot, repotted it into a 3litre or so pot with the bottom cut out and stuck it in with the others here. a bit of an experiment for next year. this spots just too wet i guess. the other 4 fems are doin alright. i just reeealy need some dry weather for a couple weeks for things to look promising

and i finally dragged my ass out to the swamp again. the beatspeat coco expanded like crazy. i dont think quite as much as they advertise, but still kicks ass for the guerilla grower hauling soil. i m ixed that in with what i had hauled in earlier into 2 of my huge pots and in the plants went. should be interesting

weve gone 3 days without rain! its new record for this year. well not acutally but it sure seems like it. forecast looks alright too. hoepfully things are looking up. ill update with pics as soon as i can upload

Last edited:

Greens

Well, overall things are definetely improving. I can see the swamp spot is not doing so well with the grasshoppers and being too wet. Last years spot is doing fine and the sunshine plot really has improved now. Well done!

Did you harvest the runt yet? It's gotta be done by now. Actually, it looks finished in the pic from the 19th to me. I'd take her down now if you haven't. I guess your trying to get as much out of her as possible. Looks pretty dank actually! Yeah, a small percentage of them will just autoflower immediately. I'm actually happy about that because I have about 4 or 5 that I can harvest this week and I can't wait. Check out my thread, I updated with new pics a few days ago.

Looks like you'll get a nice harvest by the end of August to the first week of September!

Greens

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
id have to agree with you on that one greens, things are getting better. just a little late for my liking.

i have no real complanits about last years plot. a little stretchy but the 5 girls here should finish up nicely. ill know that from last year

sunshine plot sucks my balls. this year anyway. i went out there with a cup and shovel this weekend. i dug a hole in the far left and let it fill with water while i checked the swamp. i came back and bailed out what mustve been 20 litres of water out of this sink hole. im hoping the rest of the soil will dry out some and let the plants get some good growth. with my luck ill end up hauling water back in. if only they were all performing like the one in the middle. shes looking pretty good. and yes, the runt came down.

as far as the swamp. bugs took over. they seem to be grasshoppers and little white leafhoppers. jerks. i think these 2 will be more or less a right off

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
bongasaurus nice grow...man is it wet in Ontario....its real bad....well not if you grow in buckets cause the rain water doesn't penetrate the soil too much but if you have put plants in the ground like I have...I am a bit worried my plants don't get a chance to dry out.. also have one in a bucket too and funny enough I have to water it every day
btw here's my thread guys
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=85925

peace
Chefboy

Greens

Yeah, bong, I'm having the worst grasshopper problems I've ever had myself too. The plants are growing so fast, so it's not really going to cause any severe losses. However, a lot of my lower fan leaves are practically gone right now. Still, things are going well. Check my new update I'm putting up right now...

Greens

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
yeah chefboy. nothing but rain around here lately. finally some decent weather as of late though

just got back from the plots. things are slowly improving everywhere

heres a new angle on last years plot. the 2 furthest, tallest plants are well into flowering now. the other 3 smaller ladies are just starting to put out the pistils now.

and the sunshine plot. the middle plant there should give me somthing. the others im no so sure about. and yes, those are 2 tiny plants in pots down there.

and check out this male that i pulled along time ago. it was still growing decently. along with 2 others...

didnt bother checking the swamp... maybe next time

Last edited:
Improving for sure. I'm jealous that you've got buds on some of those already- mine are just starting, don't know if most will finish- got to get some GG. I'm thinking about doing a peat bog grow maybe next year in 25 gal trashcans- just a few to try it out, I think it takes some time and tinkering to use a spot like that effectively. I had half my plants flooded out and/or eaten by mice this year. As long as you're learning and improving you're headed in the right direction :) The grasshoppers should quit bugging you're swamp spot in a few weeks. Maybe you should bait them next year?
anyway, lookin good. :)

stoopid

Hey man...good to see a fellow guerilla golder...I am just north of you but I am growing GG also and all of brads other GG gear. I'm getting some nice purple phenos! will share pics when I have.

Buddle

Veteran
Keep up the hard work Bongs..they are fattening up.I am praying for sun for all of us..lol..been pretty wet lately..peace