What's new

Guerilla Gold Guerilla Grow in Ontario '08

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
I got out to the plants this weekend. Things are looking so so. First off, heres how things are looking at Last Years Plot. The big tall plant i was sure was going to be male is already showing some pistils. Nice! :jump: She got a new cage as it was already at the top of the old one about 2ft high.

The 3 in the bed are coming along nicely. No signs of sex showing yet from any of them. Some minor bug damage to the lower leaves but they should get over it fine. I also added another 5 seedlings to this plot in 4inch square pots. Not sure if theyll stay here or move further into the bush...

And on to the Sunshine Plot where unfortunately, things are looking nearly as well as they could be. Apparently theres a ton of bugs when it comes to growing in swampy areas? They really did a number on 2 plants. One of them has even got a good sized bud starting on it. Im not sure if this is maybe because its so stressed from all the bug damage. And they pretty much destroyed the 6 i started on site aswell.

The other 3 for some reason arent quite as bad. I didnt have much as far as pest control. I found a rancid bottle of neem oil from last year. so i dumped that out and mixed up some detergent. It still smelt like neem oil though. Ill have to make sure to hit them properly next visit

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Bong
Insects can do a number sometimes and seems to be no rhyme or reason. Most years its no problem for me but you can never tell. This year I had to leave some seedlings in a 5 gal bucket for 2 weeks and insects hit them hard.

My guess is that it is very localized when it comes to insect problems. I like Seven have you tried it before? I have to spray every year during flowering because of corn borers they are everywhere here.

Keep up the good work I cant waot to see your GG finish.

PEACE

Last edited:
T

TheOneWill

Wish I had some woods in the back of my house. I do have a park that ain't far away but it would be hard to get them back in the woods. Plus they have trails everywhere.

Greens

Hey bongasaurus! Yeah, it looks like they are under attack. Are the bugs leafhoppers, grasshoppers or something else? Unfortunately, you might need to use a little pesticide at that spot. This early in veg, it shouldn't get on your smoke at all.

Haha, that one budding already is gonna be a runt. Oh well, you will get a little early smoke with that one.

Greens

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
I think your bang on about it being very localized hamstring. Im not sure if maybe adding all that manure and compost in the fall last year may have attracted them here. Theres other spots similar to mine nearby and it looks like nothings been touched. They even munched down on this lady slipper right beside my plants. Ive never even seen bugs touch the things.

Dont mind the smudge. I was sweating like hell after hiking for an hour. I got waaay off track. Easy to get turned around in this bush. Making it worse i was hauling a backpack full of soil, some giant pots and another seedling for my swamp plot which i have chosen.

B-Rexs' tip of the week - Know Your Route

Bad news is i cant give then enything more than the detergent spray i already gave them for a couple weeks until early July. I just crossing my fingers the detergent is enough to keep em off till then. I have no idea what they are greens... No sign of bugs on them when i checked. I know the leafhoppers like my plants out here, but they really chewed on these ones... oh well

Last edited:

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
and heres some more pics from the Swamp Plot. I hauled out 4 huge pots. im not sure how big exactly, but there going to take alot of soil. I think i found the area where i will plant aswell. Its sort of just a matt of roots covered in moss everywhere. I dug up a spot and found water right below. I think its about perfect. Ill cut out the bottoms of the pots and fill them mostly with this BeatsPeat stuff. Any other essential additives i should have for swamp growing.

S

sow the seeds

Looking good bongasuars coming along nicely. That bud on the early GG looks great already lol. :rasta:

Last edited:
G

:wave:

heyyyyyy bonga friend!:D
Everything is looking so gooooood bro! You made a great job with the lils!
They seems to love the gardener!lol Also i should add that im really impressed with the Nature pics, not only here:smile::yes:
Best vibes for the season! Stay safe!

Greens

Good idea on the coco coir! I always use coco coir as well because it is so much easier to transport than anything else. You'll need to leave them where they can soak up a whole bunch of water or you'll have to wait until after a heavy rain. I usually add a little worm castings, tropical bat guano, top soil and some dolomite lime, but it's not necessary if you are using other fertilizers. The lime is always a good idea in a swamp though (although I don't know if I'd call that a swamp exactly).

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Greens

your giving me ideas, bongosaurus. that beatspeat coco would be a helluva lot easier to transport around than those huge bales of peat moss. i might have to do a few extra swamp grows this summer.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
thanks again everybody!

im with you guys on easy transport. i still didnt take it out there because i didnt want it to expand all over the place before I was ready. But i know its going to be easier to haul than a bale. I think ill amend it with a backpack full of compost and another full of manure. - This way it should only be 2 more trips to the site then I can leave em till harvest im hoping. Ive got 3 more left in the box that are getting LARGE. Im thinking maybe theyll show sex before the transport which would be nice. Almost a little to big to make the trip. Paranoia gets to me - Maybe some lime aswell, but i think ive got the pellet version. can I just smash it up with a hammer?

Last edited:

Buddle

Veteran
Cool thread Bongs..I've got six GG x Og Kushes going out this weekend.Do you guys top them @ the seventh node?
I love your location.Friends that grow in area similar to yours use the wick system.I've never done it but they take a large towel and twist it.Then take and put half of it inside the pot and the other half in your water source.
Best of luck with everything.It's hard work but oh so satisfying eh?

Greens

Hey bongasaurus, I'd take those three out ASAP if I were you. They will do much better growing outside!

Hey Buddle, I wouldn't suggest topping GG crosses. I find that it only delays flowering and does not result in a larger yield. I've got some OG Kush X GG going too. Did you get yours from Onamission? He grew them last year and said they were just killer potent.

Greens

hamstring

Veteran
I love this spot in the bog/marsh. Looks idea for a low maintenance spot. Please keep us posted on this site I want to see how it goes.

Is it easy to dig the holes through the bog?

[/QUOTE]

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
thanks hamsting, im loving it too.except for how hard it is to get there. but i guess thats a good thing right

ill be sure to keep ya posted. i missed the trip this week so no update for another week i guess.

im thinking im going to put these 3 ive got in the box into the swamp. im actually trying to keep them smaller for the trip out. chances are nothings going to happen but i like to keep it stealth. unless theres others out there that are larger and still in pots which im doubting but who knows what theyll have put on after 2 weeks away under the sun

digging here is tough. just a big mess of roots and some wet soil interspursed. but i dont think ill have to dig them in too far

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
back with another update

not having the greatest luck this season... first up, Last Years Plot. Where things are looking good. Only thing is, 2 of my biggest plants there were males so they got pulled. Another male in from the smaller ones in pots too. So i replaced them with the other smaller ones which havent shown sex yet. Which means im left with 2 big females there and 5 smaller uknown sex. They all got a good drink of some ferts too

so heres how i found them

and after a little chop chop dig dig

the tall lanky one on its own is taller and lankier than ever. a good 4 ft tall now with little branching. but is starting to put on some serious pistils. i extended her cage aswell.

more to follow

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
and for the sunshine plot...

its a mixed bag. the bugs seemed to have let up. the bottoms are chewed up like crazy but quite a bit of new growth on the tops.
i left one of these newest additions here.

i had another 2 males show here. one had already released a few sacs.

and this little runt is pretty cool actually. looks like im gonna have some real early buds

Ganja Smile

hiya bonga :)

very nice defense hehehe true is that I would did the same defense on my green field too.. lonely plants hihi good luck big karma 4u!

GS!

Fast_Pine

Plot looks like its comming along...Too bad about the largest being males, dont you hate how the males are always sooo damn vigorous..That swamp liiks like fun..I agree with Hamstring,,looks like a great low matenance plot. Nice to have abundant water right there at the remote patch...

Annnnyway good one bro, hope she comes down heavy..

clearcutter

Looks like your plants are loving the sunshine plot. Males suck, hope the rest are females. Have you got the swamp plot planted yet? I'm useing a couple similar spots this year and it's been working out good. It's nice not having to water them.

Latest posts

Latest posts