What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guarding clone only strains

M

Mr. Nevermind

-=WZ=- said:
A mans word means more then anything in this world....It shows you are of low chacter and cannot be trusted if you make a promise and then break it , just because you dont agree with it.

I never gave my word as I said i laughed at it. So i never gave a word so there is nothing to break. As far as you talking about my character? Big fucking deal, you dont know a thing about me or what i do , plus your opinion doesnt count , you're just not that important to effect my line of thinking. . Just someone who thinks their opinion matters. Eat dick troll

Nevermind

G

Mr. Nevermind said:
plus your opinion doesnt count , you're just not that important to effect my line of thinking. . Just someone who thinks their opinion matters.

Nevermind

anyone else see the irony is this statement?

nevermind, you KNEW when you alledgedly took whatever cut (still not convinced you arent uncle sam) that the person didnt want you to share and that was part of requirement for recieving the cut. you knew that, dodged the issue w/ that person, and betrayed their trust by recieving it w/ no intent to follow all of the requirements of recieving it.

and you're gonna say its that guys fault for trusting you? well, in this case, that probably wouldnt be so far off

to a certain degree, greed/ego factor aside, THIS is why people hoard cuts

G

Make your own special cross man, then you'll understand. Most of these clone only strains are created by using commercially avaiable genetics. It's easier than beggin' someone for a cut. besides some of these clone only strains are highly over rated.

cannigrow

WHoa whoa whoa...people getting defensive..this is a general thread about elites, and not an attack on Chemdog or anyone else.

WZ - I never said I deserved anything. I give out any cut I have no problem, and I don't expect anyone to go out mass mailing cuts to people they dont' know. At all. However, you, me and everyone alike, enjoys smoking the best strains around. So whats the problem in letting others enjoy this fine medicine? Nobody's bellyaching about not getting cuts of these strains after sending a pm to someone.

Nobody said Chemdog is greedy either. I used him as an example, in light of all the dawg publicity in the past year, and my extremely high opinion of this strain.

I started this because of Rez's response that was posted in my OP. The reasons he gave as to why people don't give them out, regarding wanting to preserve them or something... and didn't seem logical. The best way to preserve a cut is to pass em out.

I think it does have a lot to do with Greed and Pride. If there were a hundred breeders pumping out a coveted strain in my area, and money was my concern, I could still get a hefty price for it, and like I said before, a quality strain will always deserve a high price. And if it does come down to money, then Greed still remains the motivation.

Resinryder, what do you care if people did whore it out to NY? There's plenty of people who like smoking good shit, and how would that affect you in any negative way?

I guess the real question revolves around this:

It's not about the fact that people won't share it to any and everyone who asks, and I wouldn't expect thatthey would. Rather, that they make a point NOT to, and get all up in arms (as the boys in NY/Ma did when they started sharing) when it happens.

Last edited:
M

Mr. Nevermind

the lorax said:
anyone else see the irony is this statement?

nevermind, you KNEW when you alledgedly took whatever cut (still not convinced you arent uncle sam) that the person didnt want you to share and that was part of requirement for recieving the cut. you knew that, dodged the issue w/ that person, and betrayed their trust by recieving it w/ no intent to follow all of the requirements of recieving it.

and you're gonna say its that guys fault for trusting you? well, in this case, that probably wouldnt be so far off

to a certain degree, greed/ego factor aside, THIS is why people hoard cuts

There isnt an irony. The member asked me not to give them out and i said once its mine i can do what i like. Which he agreed and then gave me the cuts. So there werent any instructions, just a request that i denied prior to the deal. I didnt dogde shit, i addressed it and the meber agreed , so ask before you assume the worst. As far as trust? I told the member i will do with it as i pleased and thats what he can trust and i never broke that trust.

As far as thinking i am uncle sam? i assume you mean i work for the feds? Couldnt be further from the truth. I spent 4 years of my life in the military and thats the only time i worked for Uncle sam and that was over 10 years ago. Butif it makes you feelbetter to think i work for the feds, then you dont know shit and just talk out of your ass. Which is sad.

Nevermind

HotCha

as far as breeders keeping their clones to themselves, why wouldnt they? it's like protecting a patent, a trade secret, or some other intelectual property. people are in business to make money, giving products away is a waste of an investment. i wouldnt spend all of the time and money to open a bakery and then hand out my secret cinnamon roll recipe for free, it would be suicide.

M

Mr. Nevermind

-=WZ=- said:
I dont even have to try to make you look stupid you do it to yourself. :pointlaug

You know, if you were important that would mean something. But since you are a troll i take it with a grain of salt. get back to the thread and stop trolling

Nevermind

-=WZ=-

Mr. Nevermind said:
You know, if you were important that would mean something. But since you are a troll i take it with a grain of salt. get back to the thread and stop trolling

Nevermind

Stop running your yap and I will :wave:

Last edited:
O

OHenry

Mr. Nevermind said:
I agree on the Chemdog rez thing. If Chemdog is going to release a a seed line of a stran only he has had for years then i agree he should be the one to release it. However I have recieved clone only strains and beeen told not to give them out to anyone , to which i laughed at. Once something is in your hands noone can tell you what to do with it. Its like someone give you a CD to listen to with amazing music on it and the person saying " dont let anyone listen to it" thats just silly. But if you plan on doing beans its understandable. Other than that its silly. But thats my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. They are like assholes, everyones got one and they stink

Nevermind

Anyone that gave me a clone only strain that was meant to be protected would expect me to listen to their requests. If I just laughed at them I have a good feeling I wouldn't recieve anymore clones. It's not the fact that you can do what you want- it's what you do.

TORC

Absolutely O'Henry! You hit the nail on the head. Hey WZ, didn't know you were a troll these days;),LOL.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Eat dick. i dont have to do shit that you say. I stated something about this thread and you came along and insulted my character before you knew the story. You can troll as much as you like. Its amusing but makes you look like an ass. Dont insult peoples character based off an assumption of me breaking a trust. As a matter of fact , you have no right to question anyones charcter unless you knwo them. if you dont you are assuming and assuming the worst. which is what a troll would do.

Nevermind

cannigrow

HotCha said:
as far as breeders keeping their clones to themselves, why wouldnt they? it's like protecting a patent, a trade secret, or some other intelectual property. people are in business to make money, giving products away is a waste of an investment.

So why even make seeds if you're that worried? Doesn't make sense does it? There's a slight problem if a breeder is so concerned about spreading their genetics, and yet still sells seeds. :bat: And they can still make money off seeds. Imagine if Chemdog stabilized a ridiculous version of Chem for the public...everyone would know where it came from, and even though there might be knock offs, it would be like his Blueberry or Sensi Star, or Love Potion...

Most of us don't think of strains as patents, and although we'd associate ak47 with Sensi seeds, we can still all purchase it and make our own seeds. And when it comes down to it, we all know where it comes from and who takes credit in the beginning for developing it.

Basically, if everyone had the strict mentality that WZ and some others have regarding the issue, we would still be smoking weed with 4% thc and seeds. I see no reason not to share the best genetics with the world. Period. If it's to make money, then you're greedy; if it's an elite thing, then you're arrogant.

Last edited:

vavwl

Once someone figures out a way to distribute clones to people safely, im sure it will catch on. Until then you'll just have to get lucky enough to find someone who is willing to threaten their security just to help out an internet stranger in need. There arn't to many people like that, especially when the punishment is what it is. There is a huge need for clones to be mass sold and produced. If it was possible, it would be done.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
lorax I'm not feeling defensive at all bro. I usually dont even get involved in threads like this because I dont care for the back and forth and energy wasted. I am just sick of hearing about this whole issue and decided to let one rip with my thoughts on the subject as a whole... my response is based on feelings that have been building up surrounding the entire topic.. not just this one post.

Anyone gonna see Borat tonight?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont see people being greedy at all. I think its alot like steelers said. Takes alot to mail clones around and then you have to know who your mailing it too. I think its a matter of really doing some grows and contributing to the community in a real way as far as growing. People get to know if your really about the plant and when they do you begin to gain trust and make friends. I say if there are elites you want ... put your head down and grow your weed . Post your grows and help people. Guess what .. next thing you know youll have some opportunity. Has nothing to do with being greedy.Course all this could take a year or two or three . Patience is what this game has been about all along. Fact is pot growers are some of the most genorous ppl ive EVER met.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
cannigrow said:
Resinryder, what do you care if people did whore it out to NY? There's plenty of people who like smoking good shit, and how would that affect you in any negative way?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Cannigrow. LOL. Not making fun just gonna clear it up. You read it wrong. It's a saying man. Like this, A politician will kiss a ugly baby in a New York minute if he thinks it'll get him a vote.
Like and similar to "quicker than you can shake a stick at it"
Had nothing to do with whoring it out to New Yorkers. Read it again and see if you come to the same conclusion.

G

I totally understand how you feel about wasted energy etc man.. even if I dont necessarily agree its always good/strengthening to see it from another perspective.. well, long as its a competent one (not a jab at you :wink: )

fuck man, borat is coming out tonight? good lookin out :biglaugh: time to pick up some twistups :biglaugh:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Nevermind,
Truth be told if you really did tell the fella that before he sent them out then you probably got something other than what you had discussed...Ever think of that???

Note to all:

If anyone is feeling bad about hording cuts because of this thread I would like to offer up myself as someone you can send all these wonderful elites to.........The last thing I want is my fellow members getting down on theirselves about this hording issue...The Captain is not in posession of any of these wonderful strains being discussed so you do not have to worry about sending something I already have... :moon:
It's killing me thinking about the suffering,just killing me...

They will certainly remember me as a martyr for this unselfish act........ :chin: :confused:

Thank you and take care my friends.........................................CC

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
yeah man tonight is the night. I got my tickets already. This is going to be a classic, one for the ages I think.