What's new

GTA 4

G

ahhh man..!! This is my all time favourite series of games, San andreas was of the wall! The trailer for the new grand theft looks all that and more.. :woohoo:
Mans just trying to raise the cash for a ps3..? :badday:
Gona sit here in my San andreas bandana i got with the game now and get high on bubbledust and try and hatch a cunning plan to snare me a ps3 :pimp3:

Anybody used to base jump on San andreas? I used to spend ours looking for different ways of jumping of things with the parachute on...like riding a motor bike of the top of the mountain and base jumping of the bike!!! And there was a tall building you could enter a door at bottom and you appeared on the top so you could jump off, or out the passenger plane you could steal from the airport!!

Last edited:

dbuzz

Veteran
y don't u guys think about an xbox 360??? you can play gta4 on it. xbox is better for online play

G

I have owened Three xbox 360 and all three i ended up taking bk because they were faulty.... :badday: And they sound like a 747 taking off :moon: :moon:
Micros*ft suck!!

G

my buddy got one and guess what, faulty, die hard sony fan all the way

johnnyboy

i bought halflife 2, but only to play cs source so the treasure is still there to find

universal link

but on another note, i played halflife it was brilliant

but i dunno, wouldnt it get boring a little

gta looks like theeeeeeeeeee shit tough :)

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
deviousD said:
Anybody used to base jump on San andreas?

You said it all my man. You said it all. I am nuts for it!! I have jumped off of the tallest shit. I like jumping into the water and trying to make it to the bottom before you die. Also, if you go to the top of the game in the big jetliner, and parachute out, immediately after you bail enable the chute and then drop out of it. You can survive (barely) a fall from the highest point as long as you do not have a chute. If you have one and don't open it, kersplat.

I also like changing the shape of the moon in the games, with the sniper rifles.

My all time favorite though, are the Rampages and the Ramps. Best fun, especially when you have enough speed to go as fast as you possibly can, and then hit a friggin four story tall embankment of dirt and GO FLYING!!!!! Especially over water, just looks great. And when you disable vigilante mode in the middle of a slow mo ramp jump, it goes to normal speed. Camera shifts weird too sometimes.

dbuzz

Veteran
yo everyone complaining about 360 obviously didnt research it good enough!!! everywhere tells you to get a 2 year warranty from best buy. and say they run a little loud, and get really hot.

ps3 ain't got shit on microsoft online network son!!!! AND, who needs a blu-ray? really. AND, there won't be a bundle of games out for a long time. :)

oh yeah speaking of PCS...give me a GTX8800 over any of these consoles. :yoinks:

T

The Strain Man

I was watching g4 the other day and the trailer looks pretty cool they said you will have a cell phone in the game and you can hook up your own missions there is going to be a multi-player online mode also a while back they were saying that gta4 will debut on xbox 360 anyone know if they changed that? peace :joint:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
everybody seen the game informer info that was dug up? they got a little session with the 360 version.

here are some key findings:

Niko Bellic is the main character.

Multi-player will be included, but no details yet. It will not be MMO.

The game has been in development since early 2004.

Variations in the terrain cause the walking animation to change. The physics have also improved and character movements are more realistic.

Liberty City is the only location in the game and it takes place in 2007.

The Xbox 360 version was the version shown to the magazine editors.

There were no planes in the skies of the demo that the magazine editors saw, and it seems that there will not be airplanes in the game. Other forms of air travel should not be ruled out.

The MetLife building now bears the name Getalife, the Statue of Liberty is now the Statue of Happiness, and DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is called BOABO (Beneath the Offramp of the Algonquin Bridge Overpass).

Dan Houser of Rockstar Games said that New York City "is an environment we felt had never been done to the level we were envisioning it in a video game. From looking at all of the locations, this was the one that really stood out to us, and really had that impact. It has all of these iconic things that you couldn't put into a game before."

Within Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar North has recreated four of the five boroughs that make up New York City, as well as a section of New Jersey. In the GTA universe, Brooklyn has been transformed to Broker, Manhattan has mutated into Algonquin, Queens is now Dukes, The Bronx is Bohan, and New Jersey has become Alderney.

It's a smaller geographical mass than San Andreas, but not an inch of this world is wasted or dedicated to vast stretches of country or desert. It's a tightly packed metropolis that captures the eye with its decades of world-class architecture, sun-blocking towers, and extraordinary walks of life.

The city is brought to life with an amazing level of realism. Sunlight glistens beautifully off of glasswork, illuminates the intricate detailing of century old brick, and even reveals just how realistic an ordinary bag of trash can look. As the sun begins to set, the city takes on a whole different appearance. Buildings that were once eye-popping attractions slowly become ominous obelisks. As any New Yorker will tell you, there's a big difference between New York during the day and New York at night. Liberty City will perfectly capture that quality.

Niko Bellic's home is in Eastern Europe, and he likely may never have traveled to Liberty City if it wasn't for his cousin Roman. With life not working out in the homeland, "Bellic turns up in Liberty City because he's been receiving e-mails from his cousin Roman, that read like: 'I live this amazing life, it's the American Dream come true. I have two women. I have four hot tubs. I have fifteen sports cars," Houser elaborates. "And [Bellic] believes it." His bid to flee his past for what he thought would be the greener pastures of America couldn't be any further from the truth. Roman has been lying to him. He isn't rich. He isn't popular. And he's actually in a load of trouble. He lied to his cousin to hide his own failures in life.

Roman, Niko's cousin, is the only person that he knows in America. He serves as one of his main friends, motivations, and connections at the start of the game. Unlike San Andreas, players won't get a chance to see Bellic in his homeland. You will see his life unfold from the moment he steps into Liberty City.

Niko is a "tough character" while Roman is a "friendly buffoon."

The story unfolds in a number of different ways. R* is giving people more freedom, more choice and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of the storyline is quite different to previous games.

The targeting system details have not been released. However they claim to have found a sweet spot they are happy with.

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
dbuzz said:
yo everyone complaining about 360 obviously didnt research it good enough!!! everywhere tells you to get a 2 year warranty from best buy. and say they run a little loud, and get really hot.

hahahhaahahahaah what?! sounds to me from these points you've made that they did do the right research.. and decided they didn't want to deal with that bullshit.

haha everywhere tells you to get a 2 year warranty from best buy.. fasho tho?!

:D

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
one other key finding that some may or may not have pulled out of all that mess is this snippet:

"It's a smaller geographical mass than San Andreas, but not an inch of this world is wasted or dedicated to vast stretches of country or desert. It's a tightly packed metropolis that captures the eye with its decades of world-class architecture, sun-blocking towers, and extraordinary walks of life."

gta:sa was something like 15-20 sq. miles of land area i think.. and a real life recreation of a fully realized nyc with the mentioned bouroughs would be well in excess of 100 sq. miles maybe 200 i'm not sure.. so this means that the game is not a full on exact replica by any means.. as some believe from the trailer. i believe they have used the term 'an approximation thereof' to describe the relation to nyc.

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
No planes, yeah...kinda sad on that one, helicopters maybe though. And I like the open country, offers many great ramps and fast traffic weaving. They better keep motorcycles, those are the best. And I hope there is some way to get to the top of buildings, would be sweet if you could push people off things better. Now you just have to punch them off.
I hope there are ramps in the city, I really do. I also hope crashes are more real, as in...if you get in a wreck head on at 100, your car isn't gonna be able to haul ass away.
And I hope you can turn off cops and traffic instead of the damn codes. Although I can do them fast enough, it is just a bother.
And the codes better be similar!!! Not all weird now that it is new..

its kurmit

dbuzz said:
oh yeah speaking of PCS...give me a GTX8800 over any of these consoles. :yoinks:

ive got the gts8800 and 2 gigs of ram, x2 3600 processor and it will blow the pants off of any of the consoles, they are still tight though, but will deff get gta4 for the comp

also the reason there are no planes is prob b/c there would be nowhere to fly them, all the skyscrapers of the city and no place for an airport except maybe the jersey part, i wonder what kind of weapons there will be and i hope there are animals now, be badass to have a pitbull in your crew and sick it on a bum..there are deff motorbikes and since there is a "statue of happiness" that means there must be boats right?

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
i think choppers may be included since they singled out planes.. but who knows.. i wonder if they'll cut out the airport completely or if they'll do a jfk or something.. if jfk is even in one of the areas they have recreated.. i dunno ny that well.. but all gta have airports don't they?!

bikes are for sure in the game no worries there.

i have the game informer scanned it has some cool pics and even more info i left out.. don't think i'm allowed to upload those copyrighted images here tho.. i'll try to find the link for yall where i got the scans.. or if i'm allowed to post them i dunno let me know i'll go check rules..

Latest posts

Latest posts