What's new

growMEDS' medical perpetual grow - DR60 & DR80

Hella THC

Hella THC; i'll try to get some pics of ugly leaves for you.... placing a plant next to a 16" oscillating fan that is running; even on low; can cause it if it's close enough to the plant... only seems to affect fan leaves and not buds; i usually just prune the branches near the fans cuz i don't like ugly plants... i have a lot of air movement in my room to avoid any mold issues and i'm running sealed with co2 so i get wind burn all the time... dunno the actual chemical reactions that are occurring on the biological level if any but that's what the leaves look like when it happens

This is fascinating. I've never heard of "wind necrosis" before. I love learning new things about cannabis though, and I really appreciate this information. I want to look into it and figure out what exactly the chemical reactions taking place are. Thanks for the heads up though!

MEDS, hope things go well for you. I'm sure they will though. Post some pics on if the problem is getting better or worse.

Best,

- Hella

Kanye WeED

Hey all! back with an update

I thought I'd throw up a current tent shot
Menage is 5 days into bloom now - pics at Day 3
mat090924-1.jpg

mat090924-2.jpg

This bagseed is at Day 54 - poppin bananas :(
090924-1.jpg

090924-2.jpg

090924-3.jpg

090924-4.jpg

And here are some dry shots of the purp tri - starting to cure - smell is so so, so far
purptr9090924-1.jpg

purptr9090924-2.jpg

purptr9090924-4.jpg
:fsu: yeah man hermies fucking suc ass

still smokable tho!!!

growMEDS

I'll try to take some pics soon. I think they should grow out of this "funk" hopefully.
I turned my S&P fan to high so hopefully heat will be less of an issue.

No problem at all Verdant - all the help is appreciated. :)

Hella THC

I'll try to take some pics soon. I think they should grow out of this "funk" hopefully.
I turned my S&P fan to high so hopefully heat will be less of an issue.

No problem at all Verdant - all the help is appreciated. :)

Hey MEDS, do you have a speed controller? Or did you just rewire to the high setting? I suppose I could go back and look in your thread, but I'm a lazy ass, and you're kind enough to tell me :D

I like running things on "high"... after all, the word "low" really has no place in a cannabis connoisseurs life :D See what I did thar? I made a pun! /applause

:laughing:

Sure wish I could share a fatty with ya, MEDS. Maybe someday.

- Hella

Mist

I guess that I missed that fan in the back of the plants. Makes sense now. I had thought it was from where the leaves look to be touching the glass on the light. OOPS, LOL!
They should grow out of it in the stretch and still give you a decent yield.

growMEDS

Hella - No speed controller - just switched the setting on the S&P. We're HIGH now! :D lol

Yea the fan is aimed to blow at the glass and just barely skims the canopy now.

growMEDS

I weighed the purp plant - little more than half was fluffy :(
35.6g = 1.27oz
I thought it would be a little more but damn fluffy stuff - all looks very frosty though

growMEDS

Thanks Cannabisology - Post up some pics of your setup in here if you want :)

Hella - I think heat + light penetration were the main 2 things.

JeRM

man i love watching plants fatten up in flower.... just hate watching them start flowering

fwiw... i have a dr60 and with ambient temps in the 70s and i can't run an aircooled 400 in there for more than a couple mins before the thing turns into an oven... gotta wait till it gets cold... but they rock for starting seeds... i need smaller wattage lights.... so that 250 u have may not be as bad as you think

do you have your lights sealed or open? i was running mine with no glass using the exhaust vent at the top attached to a 4" vortex to vent the heat but there is still too much heat... might try sealing the light but i'm using an old borrowed hydrofarm radiant reflector and it's not the best i'm sure... fits inside the tent though

nice to see someone rocking tents; i've been using a nontoxic hydrohut kindergarden for over two years now and started some seeds under flouros and then switched to t5s in my dr60 but the 400 is too much for that tent right now.... once it gets colder i have a dr240w to play with as well...

tents are nice cuz if u move they go with u a whole lot easier than a custom built cab outa 2x4s and whatnot

great grow btw... plants look very happy... seed grows are an exercise in patience but oh so rewarding

how often do you water? have you ever thought of coco?
i myself am having issues with a 400w in the DR60. my temps can reach over 120*F with no exhaust, so i'm waiting on my TD-100x for exhaust. gonna see if it's going to help out. if not i'm going to sell yet another 400w and down grade to 250w.

my light has a glass lens becuz im paranoid of a busting bulb igniting a fire.

Hella THC

IMO, the only way you're going to be able to run a 400w in one of these tents is to independently cool and exhaust the light, and have a second separate ventilation exhausting the tent as a whole. And either way, as other posters have mentioned, your ambient temp is going to be your best friend here, or your worst enemy. Keep that low, and vent your light separately, and I think a 400w would rock some socks.

Best,

- Hella

growMEDS

Hella nailed it on the head.
I wouldn't suggest more than a 250 in a dr60 anyways though. It's only 4sq ft.
I need a 400 in my dr80 for sure. That may be my next upgrade.

growMEDS

Hey all - finally got around to doing pics
These are from Day 13 of 12/12
mat091004-1.jpg

mat091004-2.jpg

mat091004-3.jpg

mat091004-4.jpg

mat091004-5.jpg

And the bagseed with bananas at Day 64 :dueling:
091004-1.jpg

091004-2.jpg

Mist

Nice pics. That must have been a nice bag of weed that you got those seeds from. But in the end it is all pretty good if it is grown right and females only. GO BAGSEED!

Happy Growing.

growMEDS

Bad news - well not too bad hopefully but #2 was hermied up a little more. Only one main stem has them and only 1/3 of the branch. I cut 2/3 of the branches with nuts and plucked the couple others. Every other part of the plant looks full fem and she is the biggest so I don't want to chop.

Hella THC

Bad news - well not too bad hopefully but #2 was hermied up a little more. Only one main stem has them and only 1/3 of the branch. I cut 2/3 of the branches with nuts and plucked the couple others. Every other part of the plant looks full fem and she is the biggest so I don't want to chop.

Meh, that's not too bad of news. Sure, it sucks, but you run perpetual, and get some dank buds every time, so cut your losses and try try again :D

Still looking awesome bro.

- Hella

growMEDS

lol thanks bro! I do grow for my other half too so we haven't got the full perpetual thing going yet. This next harvest should cover us for a little while.

Day 16 - 12/12

mat091007-1.jpg

mat091007-2.jpg

mat091007-3.jpg

mat091007-4.jpg

mat091007-5.jpg

I'm hoping to upgrade to a 400 soon and will raise the light as much as possible :)