What's new

Growing with LEDs in a 2x4 Tent

synax

Xero000 - Thanks for stopping by and the positive vibes.

unthing - Thanks for stopping by, I've been watching your grow as well. Best of luck on the next run!

MediScrogs - Thanks for stopping by and the positive vibes.

MrBubbakush717 - I am still learning about the different types of LED's. One thing you may have a problem with is penetration due to the 120 degree lenses they use on those lights. You'll want to make sure and LST/FIM/SCROG with that setup.

Roortokeage - Thanks for the positive vibes man!

WizeWizo - I'll be keeping an eye on your setup - looking forward to seeing what that 205w does for people

DiscoBiscuit - Indeed, the LED's have fixed all of my issues but 1. Humidity in my bedroom. I'm moving to a dryer climate next month so I'm hoping this problem goes away at the new location.

Wayzer - Thanks for the positive vibes. I'm hoping to turn at least 4 zips so this grow pays for itself. On the next run I'm going to top and train like crazy - I know these lights can pull way more than I'm getting. I'm still too much of a newb and learning....

Agent-Smith - Thanks for the positive vibes man!

bigbrokush - Thanks buddy, I'm enjoying these panels as well… It'll be crazy to see whats out in another year.

hazy - This is only my second grow, and this is the first under LED. So far I'm impressed - I'm getting denser and larger nugs then I did on my 250w HPS Scrog.

Roortokeage

How long have you been growing>???

How long have you been growing with LEDS??

I have a 45 watt LED panel but now Regret gettting this HPS but for the price I couldnt go wrong, and it was pennies to the 126 watt panel.

synax

How long have you been growing>???

How long have you been growing with LEDS??

I have a 45 watt LED panel but now Regret gettting this HPS but for the price I couldnt go wrong, and it was pennies to the 126 watt panel.

I have 1 other grow under my belt prior to this one. It was under a 250w HPS in a small cabinet with height restrictions. I grew 6 plants in a 34" Wide, 22" Deep and 38" area under a screen. My grow was documented on another board so I don't want to post the link here. I had all kinds of heat problems, not so much for the plants but more for me and the fiance living in the same room as the cabinet...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
very nice!! hope your keeping this going,really like what im seeing here!:smokeit:

Roortokeage

I have 1 other grow under my belt prior to this one. It was under a 250w HPS in a small cabinet with height restrictions. I grew 6 plants in a 34" Wide, 22" Deep and 38" area under a screen. My grow was documented on another board so I don't want to post the link here. I had all kinds of heat problems, not so much for the plants but more for me and the fiance living in the same room as the cabinet...

How do you like the Panel compared to the hps?? So I am also guessing you are still learning as you go? Or have some good insight on growing?

LEDGirl

Veteran
Damn Synax, you're doing very good for a newbie gardener! The quality of your plants looks excellent, and I see you're developing nice colas of a decent size. Thanks for all the great pictures and using an object for size comparison! Can't wait to see how this finishes out for you :biggrin:

Im picking up 2 126w leds tommorow from cammie to light up my 4x4 flood tray they also suggested 3 126w leds but im only using a 400w hps and they claimed when i spoke with them that someone on IC man yeilded more than his 600w hps with only 2 126w leds , Im interested in how they perform im picking a few up and hoping for they best and they outperform and yeild more than my current 400w hps setup :biggrin:

synax

Im picking up 2 126w leds tommorow from cammie to light up my 4x4 flood tray they also suggested 3 126w leds but im only using a 400w hps and they claimed when i spoke with them that someone on IC man yeilded more than his 600w hps with only 2 126w leds , Im interested in how they perform im picking a few up and hoping for they best and they outperform and yeild more than my current 400w hps setup :biggrin:

I think this post is the one you're referring to: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=148551

I'm still learning to grow so I can't compare very well. But for my needs the LED's are great and much appreciated.

synax

unclefishstick - Thanks buddy, I'm actually going to have to cut the girls a few weeks early, they need time to dry. I'm going to push them to 63 days then cut which will be next Friday... That gives me 7-9 days to get stuff dried and jared up.

Roortokeage - Indeed, I'm still learning. I've been reading the boards and books for well over a year now but still getting the actual grows under my belt. Hopefully in the new place I'll be able to focus a bit more on things. Plus the Fiance wants to learn so they'll get the attention they deserve going forward.

LEDGirl - Thank you, that means a lot to me.

Txsbigtymer - thanks buddy, I'll stop in and take a gander. Welcome to the forums!

etinarcadiaego Appreciate the positive vibes!

synax

56 Days Flowering - pics taken right as the lights came on tonight.

I'm going to flower through day 63 then I have to cut them down due to time restraints.

Pics:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Roortokeage

Shit looks right my man!!! I am very amazed at what has came from this. Are you using any form of tea or what nutes are we using?? I must say very impressive for someone who is just starting to grow. Very well done job. Can't wai to get a smoke report.

synax

Shit looks right my man!!! I am very amazed at what has came from this. Are you using any form of tea or what nutes are we using?? I must say very impressive for someone who is just starting to grow. Very well done job. Can't wai to get a smoke report.

I'm using Reverse Osmosis water with:
Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Cha Ching and Beastie Bloomz. Botanicare Cal-Mag and 1tsp to 1tbls Blackstrap Molasses.

Soil is Fox Farms ocean Forest with Perlite.

I'm pretty sure I'd have more weight if I had the babies in bigger buckets. Next time I guess.

Roortokeage

Pot size really does not have much to do with
the height of the plant and growth. Think about it this way. You wanna do atleast or better 1/2 gram per watt.

How do u like the soluble fox farm stuff. Too rich for myblood. That's y I just have the trio liquid pack. I may get them in the future but for the price there are better nutes.

Those girls are looking Hott. Good grow man I am working on having the same success as you are. Keep up the good grow.

Thanks for stopping by and the props. I appreciate you SYN

synax

cre8iv fuel - Hey buddy, you'll love this set of pics if you liked what you saw last week. They are really starting to pack on the crystals.

unclefishstick - yeah, I had to look back at my grow journal from my scrog on the other site and these are way way more frosty. Only change is this time around I'm using reverse osmosis water and LED's.

Roortokeage - I don't know if I like it or not. I grew with it on my first run and this as well. You are right, shit is expensive but it will last forever. I've barely put a dent in it over my last two grows. I may be switching to hydro when we start back up in the new place. We'll just have to see how things go when we get settled in.

Txsbigtymer - Thanks buddy, mad props to your setup - I hope you have the same success I'm having if not more with that aero system.

apollonio - Thanks for the positive vibes - we're super excited for harvest - a bit sad as I think they could go 2-3 more weeks but I just don't have that luxury - have to be out of our current place by the 28th so I get to harvest on Saturday :)

Latest posts

Latest posts