What's new

Growing with LEDs in a 2x4 Tent

synax

picture.php

Okay, so this is only my second grow. My first grow was done using SCROG with a 250w HPS/MH that I pulled a qp from. This grow started off under the 250w MH for verging. The babies verged under the 250w for about a month before moving them over to the LED in the new tent.
(You can see previous posts from this grow by clicking here)

Growing with LEDs in a 2x4 Tent
Today the plants have been in flower for 7 days - below is a bit of information about my grow.

Strain: White Widow
Clones received from a local buddy - these are the last cuts taken from the mother prior to her being put into flower. When I received the clones only 4:9 had actually rooted. All 9 plants were put into a Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Perlite mix. the mixture is probably 80/20.

Nutrients: Fox Farms line of nutrients.
Water: RODI water from the filter I just purchased.
Pots: Around 1-1.5 gallons.

Light: 126w Hydro Grow LED with 60degree lighting. *as of 12/25 considering purchasing a second.

Carbon Scrubber and 4in S&P

Photo updates:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll be watching this, i have the lil bro unit, 63 watt led. your tent is a little big for the light. i will be growing in 2x2 foot tent which is also a little big for mine. we will see...

synax

i'll be watching this, i have the lil bro unit, 63 watt led. your tent is a little big for the light. i will be growing in 2x2 foot tent which is also a little big for mine. we will see...

Yeah, the tent itself is very large for the 1 light. But right now I'm only using a portion of the tent for growing - the other part is just storage. The fiance and I are definitely leaning towards a second light which will help with the coverage a lot more. We'll decide by the end of the weekend.

Our goal is to get our production up so we don't have to buy from others any longer. I can't believe how much we spent on herb last year when we should have been growing it the whole time. I just couldn't because the HPS + the hot summer days made our room unbearable. Therefore the LED upgrade.

ourcee

keep up with them pix as they progress and I along with everyone else lookin into these LED's will be all eyes. lookin good so far man, keep it up!

synax

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone. Bad news tonight. I've got spider mites - well I'll be off to the hydro store tomorrow after work to talk with the ladies and see what they recommend. Also curious what everyone on here recommends. I've got to be careful with any chemicals as we sleep in the same room as the tent.

Roortokeage

Synax, Plants look great dude, I will be watching this. I have my Grow going on in same tent. 45 watt LED panel with CFLS. come take a look. But the plants look great. How you feeding it?

How many plants do you got in there??? And what day are you at???

synax

My buddy dropped off Floramite last night. I'll be spraying tonight when the lights come on unless I hear that it needs to be done before lights off then I'll be getting up early when the lights go off and spraying thursday/friday morning. I've read people recommend turning the lights/fans off during application but I'm not finding anywhere if it matters if the lights get turned back on after application.

synax

oh and photo updates are done until I find my battery charger. I think its in a closet blocked by the tent - good going on tent placement :)

synax

The girls got sprayed down real well with floramite spray tonight. I hope I got those little spider mite f***ers. And got the room re-arranged so I'll look for the camera charger tomorrow and hopefully get some pics up.

synax

12 Days 12/12

12 Days 12/12

So the girls got sprayed down real well with Floramite last night. They seem to be doing okay. After spraying I opened the window in our room and got the temp down to about 60. Tonight I trimed off a bunch of the lower leaves (I should have done this last night before spraying them down). Tomorrow they'll get veg nutes for the last time with their regular water. Then next week is onto full flower feeding schedule (last run I found with the Fox Farms line it would have been best for me to run veg nutes a few weeks into flower).

We ordered a second LED the other night to fill the tent. I talked with Cammie at Hydro LED and she recommended 3 of the 126w in the 2x4 tent for optimal coverage but I just can't justify 3 of these right now. Maybe in a grow or 2 I can put a 3'rd in.

Anyhow onto the pics. I hope those spider mites all die!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

synax

16 Days into Flowering

16 Days into Flowering

The girls seem to be recovering nicely from the Floramite spray down. I checked the leaves tonight and I've got a little movement still - should all the mites be dead by now? I'm gonna be gone for business for the next week and a half, the lady will be doing feeding/watering but there won't be another photo update until I get back.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic New Years weekend!!

Anyhow, onto the photo updates.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Roortokeage

Try and get that panel closer dude. Like 2 inches away from the plant. You will see a big difference. Just my 2 cents

makowiec

Girls looking excellent! Good job bro. I also agree to move that panel as close as possible. Does it really produce some bigger heat under the leds?

Latest posts

Latest posts