What's new

Growing Inside A Speaker 101!! earluwonder skunk & Big Bud.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Ha thats the same method i use.Do you use any rooting hormones?Also how long does it take for your roots to shoot out. Im looking at 14-21 days with my clones

hello again Fuzz420, this is actually my first clone ever :p i have some cloning powder, but i didnt think it would work too well with this methood. my next clone im going to do a side by side comparison of a jiffy, rooting hormone clone with dome, and then the second one with the water methood. we shall see who ends up better, maybe the cloning method effects the plant in the long run??

maybe i could add a pinch of rooting hormone powder to the water?

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Ah now i remember you asking about if you could use the water method with the powder. Sill shorterm memory :joint:Report back with the head to head, and whenever current clone roots, im curious on how long it takes. If you add the some powder to the water, im sure its not going to hurt.

dont worry bout it fuzz, i got some bad memory loss too :p lucky for us it comes back when we take a tollerance break. :D weed is great.

ill sprinkle some root powder in there tonight when i get in there for some new pictures.

alright well, time for a picture update guys!

sorry for holding off on you :D

first up, my PK clone, looking nice and bushy, and loving her new home in the PC case. im going to be mothering her, and trying to get atleast 4 clones off of her.

2.jpg

side view

2.jpg

next up is my early wonder skunky, who is current going into flower, sorry i dont have a good camera, or i would take pictures of all her pistols!

nice root ball is forming! :yes:

2.jpg

and here is a canopy shot:

2.jpg

and another side shot, with lighter for comparison :dance013:

2.jpg

thats it for now, hope you enjoy the photos!

christoph.

Tatz

Yeah Fuzz, me too !
I´m still wondering though Chris, how do you want to have a perp SOG with hydro ? Aren´t the roots going to be a problem ? Anyhows, I´ll cling to this show, that´s 4 sure !
Good to see pics again !

Tatz

By the way Chris, try to avoid the light getting in your lins as you take pics... Just put up a sheet or a blanket as a background, that way you don´t have to show your surroundings to the whole www....:good:

thanks for the support guys, and i dunno what the roots are gunna be like, i've never done full on hydro. if you have any advice on what to do, for whatever you think might happen, please do tell!

also, i try to keep my background clutter in my photos to a minimum. i just couldent fit the whole plant in the photo so you got a little extra closet door XD

but ill find a big white back drop to put up, and ill take photos infront of it.

alright guys, today i transplanted my lil PK into a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off! i used red wriggler worm casting and nutrient enriched soil, so i hope i can just straight water her for now! she is being kept as a mother, and she is growing like mad in 24/0, how long would a side shoot have to be to clone from?

anyways, im pretty baked, and im gunna sit back and watch some tv XD

christoph. :dance013:

thanks ghost! my bigger plant in the little DWC is throwing out a few pistols, and i hope she is done her stretch, so i moved her a bit farther down to see if she is still going to stretch!

thanks acro! nice to hear from you.

i just gave my pk clone its first watering since its trasnplant, i think im gunna need more soil in there! XD

as for taking clones, how long should i grow out the side stems? i plant on eventually flowering this plant, and im going to keep a clone as a mother, after i get my EWS done and harvested, which i might add is comming along nicely, main stalks are budding up a tiny bit :) pistols are popping out.

comments are very welcome :dance013:

christoph.

johnnybsmokin

Hey christoph'sbud, what size of clones are you looking for?? I took the couple that are currently in my flower cab at about 1 inch long ( 26mm ). They where just long enough to go through my poly sheet in the clonner and still sit into the water. As long as it has a good little cluster of top leafs it should be right. And no I have found that you do NOT need a node to be in the water/medium to root, mine roots came staight out of the ends of cut's as are all of my current cuts ( another 3 at the moment )

Hope that helps a little m8

Cheers

hey johnny, im just looking for some small clones really, she is going to be a mother for the next month, and im going to put out as many clones as i can, should i start taking cuttings and throwing them in jiffy's? or should i use the water methood, and find a bigger container than a pop can XD, or could i just put the all in their own pop can??

thanks for the advice on the noding, althought i will try to get some nodes in the water where i can.

ill post pictures sometime of her majesty PK's re pot, i had a busy weekend!

christoph.