What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

...Growing Gals....

G

It is no secret that when I joined this site I had been helping H3ad with his garden for a few years but took an active interest about a year and a half ago... Now, no offense H3ad, honey but all I have known other than my surfing on here is what you have taught me...which is wonderful and you know :bis: I Love You... :respect:

However, I am fasinated by our "self made" lady growers and I know more and more are signing up and starting thier cannabis adventure... I have much respect for all of these women and would love a place to collectively put links, tips, ideas, from that special female perspective...

I have seen on the site where women have grow threads but they are mixed in with everything else and when women come to the site and do not see Grows in the women's forum, it could be difficult for them to find and connect with other females, just because of the number of threads and we know we can't read'em all...

Most of our threads in here are on hubbys, boyfriends, relationships, cooking, ect...
....and some Chics' just May not be here for That...

So, :chin: was thinking if we have a thread in here where You wonderful women could cut right to the chase and talk about some serious growing, post questions, or link to problems you may need help with, maybe that could connect some of our female growers in a way that may not have happened out in the Forum world... I know that being on IC is a social atmophere, but I'd like to learn from all of you Ladies out there that are doing It and Doing it Right!! :D

Much :respect: to you all.... :bis:

Ms.G

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good idea

good idea

Way to Go MsG!....keep us motivated :wave:

When babba first found this site, he tried to get me interested and i just kept sayin yea yea....took me a while to get me interested, but when i saw other woman on here i thought this could be fun, we share alot of the same interests and have lived very similiar lives...so anything that gets us together and able to share ideas is great...i always have questions it seems, so this is wonderful!....

Ill go first.....to me growing has become a way of life, cant imagine not doing it anymore, i wonder why it took so long for us to start doing this when it been our love for so many years...wouldnt want to not grow ever, and i hope that nothing ever stops us! good luck girls!...we can do what ever we put our minds to :woohoo: ...not really a question i guess, just more of a thought :yoinks:

Hey all.
Long time member here, when i joined there were about 40 members of the site.I recently have changed my name and deleted my old account.got spooked blah blah blah( i regret loosing the name and chat privildges).Make no mistake though,despite the name, i use now , or used in the past I am all woman.(have been accused of different)
Mrs Greatful ill be posting my next grow in the womans forum,and participating in any way I can.
With a little sugar and spice and everything nice,all of us ladies can add some class,and help beat down the the hate threads with the type of class and grace only a lady can show.
Over the last year and a half I have been a member here i have read some posts from some great women on here. I.E. blue,Mrs. babba,Mrs Greatful,and wikid calibud gurl.And the insanely helpful sick plant helper by tokahontas.

Looking forward to becoming more active member of the forum,and helping my sisters grow.(soon as i figure it out)

5 Sour bubble seedlings,uh wait 5 seeds 3 seedlings

Last edited:
G

Ms. G you awesome lady you...I wonder if you stumbled across a thread where I'm giving a fellow sistah a hand? I'm going to link that thread for the ladies:

This is our sistah's first grow and thread, she goes by the handle Budhownd, and here's the lowdown so far. Thread is new so its still evolving.

Budhownd is growing in soil, from bagseed (indica dom hybrid) and ran into many problems, all of which are due to her plants' becoming rootbound very early in veg. Macro and micro-nute deficencies, which caused her to overfert trying to combat this...then a repotting to pots which quickly became too small, the plants are once again rootbound, and beginning to exhibit some deficencies. Plants are stunted at 35 days of veg, but looking ok and as soon as she gets them into some bigger pots I don't foresee any particular problems for them to bounce back, though they're gonna stay smaller than normal.

In the thread linked above tips can be found for:

1. Understanding when its time to repot
2. Basic notions on pH in relation to nutes and soil measurements
3. Understanding when plants need to be watered
4. Basic notions of the use of Nitrogen (N) in veg

Ms. Babba your garden is breathtaking! :smile: Wonder what took you so long myself!

I'm linking this thread to Budhownd's so she can check in here too for any tips the ladies might have.

Ms. G. has somebody hugged you today? 'Cause they should!

:wave:

Last edited:
G

wonderful idea

wonderful idea

I never took much interest in Stanks gardens before the one thats about to be done. (see A Very Stanky Garden, in the indoor soil growers forum) I liked to look at them, and smoke them when they were done, but did not actively participate. Hell, to be honest, I can make a plant keel over and die, just by breathing on it, and did not want to kill anything. :bat: But this time around, I started asking questions, and since I'm taking the pics, I have become quite interested in the growing aspects.

Stank says I can have my own plant next grow. :woohoo: and I would love to have the input and advice of other growers here, both ladies and gentlemen.
He says since hes not wasting grow space, it will be a very berry surprise feminized.
Once we start the new plants, I'll do my best to keep a good journal, and share what I am learning.

(Still think Stank has an unfair advantage. He can stick a nail in the ground and grow a house)

And if I pull out a successful harvest on it I can have some fourplay...no more whambamthankyouma'am. :biglaugh: Yeah, hes a perv. But I love him. :confused:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Very nice Ms.G :woohoo: Thanks for the inspiration you provide this forum!
Great idea indeed! :jump: I'll make a point of dropping in here more frequently
and checking out what the IC gals are growing. :canabis:

:dance:
dg

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
:wave: :friends: ......

God Bud..........

Sensi Star.........

B.C. Hash Plant......

Thank you motarebel :wave: :friends: :wink:

Last edited:

Secret Room

Yesterday I just repotted the three Belladonnas on the left of the picture and took them to a outdoor location today. Keeping the bushy Sativa Spirit for the indoors. It's clone has no stretch & it should stay squat for indoor, will take of picture of it in a couple of days. I have a Nebula clone in flower made a mistake and pulled the mother plant too soon thinking it was a male. I should not mess with the plants without first having my morning coffee.

Jenna

Hi Ladies of ICMAG :wave:

What an awesome idea for a thread. Thanks Ms. G! I was drawn into the world of growing like so many of you because my hubby was growing (dandaweedman). He was posting at a different forum and I never took much interest in trying my hand at growing until I started reading IC. I started my first grow in March of this year so I am still real new at this. Mrs. G… do you remember trying to help me with overwatering? I was gonna cut the bottoms off all my pots! :LOL: I remember asking you.. “Will all the dirt fall out if I cut the bottoms off the pots? Thank goodness you chimed in before I started the saw! I’ve had some success, some hermies, pollinated a few bud sites, took some clones and just recently harvested some bud. I can’t WAIT to try it! (Wonderberry x sourd)

I have a few plants on the go; a couple wakeford clones in flower, some BC hashplant and Hawaiian goddess. (Motarebel)

I have to say...Dano has been so supportive of my need to start my own grow. Instead of jumping in with answers, he posed questions and I went searching for the answers myself. He definitely allowed me the space I needed to figure things out on my own, make my own mistakes, and start to develop my own style…. Hmmm, that being said.. he hid two chocolate bars in the house and just ate both of them! Who does that? :noway:

Good Luck with your grows Ladies

G

I not only grow, I build my own grow areas and put my own hydro setups together. Here's the link to my build thread.

I'll be starting a grow thread soon - 9 babies are up and starting to show their second sets of leaves (4 Bogglegum, 3 Lifesaver, & 2 Magical Mystery Mix).

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Heres a peek into my flower room.I make all my stuff too, I bellieve the internet term is "Ghetto" not becouse Im handy but becouse Im poor.

right now I have a appollo mist , sour mist, and a magical mystery plant. I have a blueberry x haze about to be harvested :canabis:

blueberry x haze.........

magical mystery plant I harvested afew weeks ago.....

Jenna... when we were kids ,(brother, sister and i) we used to hide the cookies thouout the house.next thing you know we had a problem with ants.

Last edited:

Jenna

Anita... We don't get alot of ants round here but the easiest way to get rooms cleaned is if i mention a "Spider sighting". Bedrooms are cleaned without me asking and all my dishes are returned to the kitchen. Technique has worked for years... ya think they would catch on!

have a good one Ladies.. Awesome plants!

My grow log

Last edited:
G

:woohoo: Finally a place for us girls to share our grow journey's! :wave: As most of you are probably aware I am a lesbian trapped in a middle aged man's body :wink: So i will be checking in regularly to stay in touch! :respect:

G

Red :bat: If anything you can drop by and learn something from the ladies....LMAO! We'll be glad to teach you a thang or two :bat: :D

:wave:

Dr. D

Veteran

all these are tended to by a gal...i supply all that is needed and she waters them and gives em some lady love :pimp3: im just the plant pimp

G

Thanks Ya'll! I am glad you like the idea...

and it absolutely was inspired by the thread that you speak of Indigo... It's been a lil' while but you still know me so well :friends: and I am counting on you to help as much as you are able. Because I know of your experience and talent and what you could bring to this forum... yep, I remember, believe it or not :D

Thank You so much for posting the pictures of your grows Ladies... I love all of them... but I do want this thread or another one to be dedicated to helping... I do wish that if ya'll wanna do a grow thread in the womens forum that you would please do so, as it would help some of the new women just starting up to see what ya'll can do.... I even strugled with the Title of this one, because I want it to be more of a "help line" so to speak... So, I am up for suggestions on the name, please.... then if we come up with something catchy, maybe someone around here could do that edit thing... :smile:

I found this thread by our Dashing Dr.D about simple, cheap, hydro... I found this to be very interesting and something very simple that a newb could utilize...
Dr.D's Simple, cheap, effective Hydro System

Thank You Dutch, I appreciate the kind words and I am so jazzed about learning some new stuff this fall... Now that school is about to be back in I will have more time to spend here... :friends:

Thank You all so very much...

You , ladies is what makes this Forum and I appreciate Every One of You!!! :rasta:

Sincerely,
Ms.G :bongsmi:

G

Well Ms. G, you know you can always count on me! And you are way too kind, a gal just does the best she can! :joint:

To help Ms. G kick it off, I have a few interesting links here:

First off, BOG's Organic Soil Mix K.I.S.S. Tutorial (Keep it Simple, Stupid :wink:)

Then, we can also take a look at Vapor's CD Germing Method, so tried and true that its used to test Seeds Direct's stock viability

And how about browsing through Caprichoso's interesting Low Stress Training (LST) Tutorial

And finally, for a whole new outlook on hydro growing, this one's a revolution: Big Toke's Bio-Buckets thread is one of the most interesting things I've come across on the boards.

I think that's some pretty thrilling stuff up there for now...I'll be adding more as I come across them, and linking other threads underway which could supply useful and interesting information. Light one up, sit back, and have a nice read all! :wave:

Last edited:
G

Hey Ms. G...seems I'm on a roll today so here are some thread title suggestions, all of which can be laughed at, discarded or used at your own discretion LOL :biglaugh:

Grow Ladies, Grow!
Tech Specs in Skirts
Mary Mary Quite Contrary - Growin' Ladies Style
ICMag Women Growers present Cannabis Gardening Basics
A Ladies Guide to Successful Cannabis Gardening
Growin' Gals - Tips and Tricks for the New Grower